help with the audio settings

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

help with the audio settings

Post by sharky »

hi guys.. i ahve a little problem in win vista.. it wasnt a problem at all on xp.

i would like to have the "what you hear" channel as primary registration device, so when i am in chat with the mic on, people hear my music. but i would also like to speak over it. that would work, if the mic would simply play what i am saying. but it isnt sicne appearently in vista you can only have one active device at the time. at the moment i am wpeaking and playing music trough the mic, but the quality of the music is really bad.. my primary goal is to have the music transmitted in an acceptable quality.

is there a way in vista to simply output trough the speakers what the mic gets while it is not the primary device?

it worked without any problem on xp.

any help appreciated.

cu

igor

ps: i have a auzen xfi prelude
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Re: help with the audio settings

Post by Killigath »

Ventrillo allows you to set output device to "what you hear". I used to play songs over Vent when playing WoW some.
sharky

Post by sharky »

yes msn allows that too, but the problem is in vista that if i set it to "what you hear" then the microphone gets automatically disabled. i can even fart in it and nobody will hear it. in xp i had the cance to choose what is a register source, and what register source should go out of my speaker output. in vista i am not able to do it. but i think that ther emust be a way to do it somebow, because like it is now its redicolous and useless.

UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Un-mute Microphone in Playback, works fine for me on my X-Fi on Windows 7.

Just a shame that means you have to hear your own voice and can cause echo on older voice apps.
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

sharky

Post by sharky »

it worked thanks!

lol.. took me 2 years.. :D it was so easy on xp..feel dumb.. :oops:

Return to “General Discussion”