New games with old school nvidia drv

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
agniusm
One Eyed Hopeful

New games with old school nvidia drv

Post by agniusm »

I jus have installed crysis 1/2 and far cry 2. Crysis is running but the textures are all corrupt bluish. Far cry was tricky but got it working with 162.50 combo. Some tectures corrupt but before game i got message that drivers ar old and need to be updated. Does any one know of any solution for crysis? Would 163.71 + 162.50 s3d help?
Necrovision is working in s3d with stereotextureenabled reg tweak.
X-Blades could not get resolution down to work at 1024x768.
Thanx
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Re: New games with old school nvidia drv

Post by Freke1 »

Soneone said that using 173.68 FW + 162.50 3D nearly every new game worked.
But 177.83 FW, 178.15 FW and 169.21 FW should also work. Don't know which one is best.
agniusm
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by agniusm »

thanx, i will try these
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

hi,

I don't know about Farcry or Crysis but I am an X-blades fan and it's annoying that the game just decides the best res for you w/o you able to change it easily. To fix res, try this.

Edit settings.blk in
C:\Documents and Settings\"you"\Local Settings\Application Data\XBlades

Double-click it and select Wordpad or Notepad to edit it. It's a plain text file but don't change the extension when you save it of course.

replace the video section with this:

video{
min_target_size:i=1024
resolution:t="1024 x 768"
windowed:b=no
}

That should do it but there's a chance it might not. I've had some trouble changing res like this in the past and I could be wrong about which config file to edit but I think this will do.

Mine is actually 800x600 and works good since my projector is 800x600. I use iZ3D's driver with this (blue line shutterglass mode since I get high frame rates) since I don't think I could get nvidia's drivers to work with this.

--- iondrive ---

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”