Less Extreme Help Needed : )

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
ScrewedGuy3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Less Extreme Help Needed : )

Post by ScrewedGuy3D »

Hi there...

So I have been playing around with convergence/zero point and also separation and reading the 'Settings Guide' Neil wrote, and some of the pages in the iZ3D manual i have.

Is it just me...or no matter even if you get your image of lets say the Prince of Persia to look 3D ...there is a very...dim outline (kind of like a ghost/reflection) of the person? Even when you know your seperation is not that much and conversion is around the 'Screen area' and not too far back or too forward.

Is that normal? Anytime I seperate an image..it will make the front object (main character) 3D but then there will always be that SLIGHT TINT of reflection of where their face is etc...

I was also looking at some gallery photos and they had this too (for things like mountains...etc)

Any tips on convergence/zero point?

Also I'm kind of disappointed but ---why do the beta drivers come with ZERO profiles? lol...anyway I can add them or find a place that has these values?

Thank you.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Less Extreme Help Needed : )

Post by Neil »

I know you are using the iZ3D drivers, but are you using the iZ3D monitor as well?

How do the driver test images look?

Expect mild cross-talk or ghosting in all S-3D solutions. However, I know that the iZ3D team has been working on a new polarization technique to improve image quality further, and you can read about it here:

http://mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2550" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
Neil
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Neil wrote:Expect mild cross-talk or ghosting in all S-3D solutions.
(almost all...) :)
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
ScrewedGuy3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ScrewedGuy3D »

Hi. Okay. Just as long as it's normal. I'm using iZ3D monitor yes. Are there any default profiles that are available on beta drivers yet?

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”