Stereoscopic Player 1.4.2 released

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
peterwimmer3dtv
One Eyed Hopeful

Stereoscopic Player 1.4.2 released

Post by peterwimmer3dtv »

Stereoscopic Player version 1.4.2 has been released. The major improvents in the new version are:
  • Support for Sensio 3D DVDs, the format that has recently been accepted as 3D standard on DVDs by the DVD Forum
  • Improved software pageflippping, now supporting Blue Line Code, Vuzix's VR920 iWear and control of eDimensional/X3D shutter glasses.
  • Faster response when adjusting parallax. Parallax can also be adjusted with the arrow keys now (without pressing Shift as in previous versions)
The latest version can be downloaded from http://www.3dtv.at/Downloads.

Here is the full change log: http://www.3dtv.at/Products/Player/History_en.aspx
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Stereoscopic Player 1.4.2 released

Post by yuriythebest »

hi peter! Amazing news! Can you work with iz3d to add their output?
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
peterwimmer3dtv
One Eyed Hopeful

yuriythebest wrote:Can you work with iz3d to add their output?
If iZ3D is interested, yes. Please also let iZ3D know that you want Stereoscopic Player support their displays.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Hi Peter!

Great to see you on the forums. You don't need iZ3D's direct involvement to implement their support. The algorithm of how to project images on their monitor is available publicly:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/dloads/index.php?act=view&id=44" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When can the MTBS community expect iZ3D support in your software?

Regards,
Neil
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

Peter,

your name is well known at iZ3D. They already tried to contact you some months ago without success. Of course they would like support for their monitor in your player!
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

From stereoscopic player change log:
Enhanced software pageflipping mode. Detection of dropped frames and resyncing on Windows Vista with WDDM display drivers (not old XP drivers);
Peter, that sounds interesting!

iZ3D tried to find a way for proper syncing of page flipping support for their driver without having access to the graphic card driver internal functions.

Obviously you found a way to resync page flipping. You may contact iZ3D, they looked around the world to find someone with the knowledge to do this!
peterwimmer3dtv
One Eyed Hopeful

Neil wrote:You don't need iZ3D's direct involvement to implement their support. When can the MTBS community expect iZ3D support in your software?
Well, I know the iZ3D algorithms for quite a long time, but the fact that the source code is available doesn't mean that I can simply copy it into my player. It would be necessary to sign a contract wit iZ3D to ensure I have all the rights to use their code and do not infringe any patents (if they have any - I'm aware of one patent owned by Sharp on the 3D technology used by iZ3D).
peterwimmer3dtv
One Eyed Hopeful

Nobsi wrote:Obviously you found a way to resync page flipping. You may contact iZ3D, they looked around the world to find someone with the knowledge to do this!
I'm using a DirectX9Ex call that has been published by Microsoft in the DirectX SDK. No secret stuff...
Neil

Post by Neil »

I wonder if it has to do with the speed of the content. I know the iZ3D driver loses synchronization when the game falls below 60FPS. With movie content, I don't think the performance requirements are as rigorous.

So Peter, what about the iZ3D support?

I don't mind the occasional promotional thread, but if you are supporting every hardware solution BUT the company that makes this community possible, I have to ask why. Is this a matter of not having the programming skills to do it (i.e. you haven't been instructed on how to implement their algorithm), or do you require licensing fees of some kind? I only hear good things about your software, which is why this doesn't make sense.

Regards,
Neil

EDIT: I realize my original wording was a little rougher than intended, so I adjusted it a little.
peterwimmer3dtv
One Eyed Hopeful

Neil wrote: I don't mind the occasional promotional thread, but if you are supporting every hardware solution BUT the company that makes this community possible, I have to ask why. Is this a matter of not having the programming skills to do it, or do you require licensing fees of some kind? I only hear good things about your software, which is why this doesn't make sense.
I had the impression that this is an independant stereo forum and not iZ3D's and the news section seemed appropriate to announce new versions.

A public forum is the wrong place to tell the reasons why iZ3D is not implemented yet, discuss possible business modell or disclose internal information. If iZ3D sponsors this forum, you are probably in contact with them and can ask them about iZ3D support in Stereoscopic Player.

From a technical point of view, the iZ3D format can be implemented in the Stereoscopic Player an of course I have the skills to do it ;-)
Neil

Post by Neil »

Speaking as an S-3D customer first, I think my questions are valid. We can discuss your efforts in PM if you like - I didn't know this was a sensitive matter.

I don't know if you realized, but when you first posted, I promoted it to the front page (the MTBS Newswire). There is just a disconnect here that doesn't make sense to me.

Regards,
Neil
peterwimmer3dtv
One Eyed Hopeful

I know that there are people waiting for iZ3D support in the Stereoscopic Player, but I do not want to promise it if I'm not sure that I can keep it.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Wow! Peter, long time no talk! :-) Last time we contacted it was about our player - right? ;-) so, now it is open and no codecs there :-)

So, you think we infringe Sharp patent??? Any links about this? This statement has to be proven, right?

We are ready and proposed you to cooperate but statement like this is not a good way to start....

I mentioned many times that making 3D community bigger is iZ3D most important goal - even helping competitive technologies. But if you want compete only - it is up to you. We are open company of gamers and for gamers - we don't like all this "corporate tricks under the table".

Neil, pageflipping in player and pageflipping in driver are different things - you don't need to interrupt rendering in player like in games.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys,

There is obviously some soreness here, and I failed to consider this when I was probing to learn more - I'm sorry of I inadvertently set something off.

I do think there could be an industry opportunity here that goes beyond movie players, though. Let me put some more thought into this.

Regards,
Neil
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

:roll:
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

BlackQ wrote::roll:
:roll: :roll:

Totally uncalled for. This entire post is a shame. Pick up a phone already...
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

pixel67 wrote:
BlackQ wrote::roll:
:roll: :roll:

Totally uncalled for. This entire post is a shame. Pick up a phone already...
And for international Skype calls are free and safer than regular phone (even the CIA can't tap it)
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
3Dfier
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3Dfier »

Found nVidia is offering a Stereoscopic player. Wonder if it is provided by 3DTV?

peterwimmer3dtv wrote:Stereoscopic Player version 1.4.2 has been released. The major improvents in the new version are:
  • Support for Sensio 3D DVDs, the format that has recently been accepted as 3D standard on DVDs by the DVD Forum
  • Improved software pageflippping, now supporting Blue Line Code, Vuzix's VR920 iWear and control of eDimensional/X3D shutter glasses.
  • Faster response when adjusting parallax. Parallax can also be adjusted with the arrow keys now (without pressing Shift as in previous versions)
The latest version can be downloaded from http://www.3dtv.at/Downloads.

Here is the full change log: http://www.3dtv.at/Products/Player/History_en.aspx
chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

3Dfier wrote:Found nVidia is offering a Stereoscopic player. Wonder if it is provided by 3DTV?
Erm, well being a watered down version of Stereoscopic Player I'd expect so ;)

Peter, does this work directly with nvidia 3dvision? Their version of Stereoscopic Player has serious issues with not resizing video correctly at full screen - makes it as good as unusable imo.

It would be good to finally have a solution that works and I hope you have considered this in the new release.
XFX GTX 280 XXX,BFG 7900GTX,Q6600,4gbXMS2,3TB RAID,2xWD Raptors,MountainMods U2-UFO Case,1KW Thermaltake PSU, 3x BenQ MP720p,Full active sim setup inc actuators,shakers,wind,THX sound.CrystalEyes 3,6 wireless ED w/ hipower emitter.
chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

BlackQ wrote:Wow! Peter, long time no talk! :-) Last time we contacted it was about our player - right? ;-) so, now it is open and no codecs there :-)

So, you think we infringe Sharp patent??? Any links about this? This statement has to be proven, right?

We are ready and proposed you to cooperate but statement like this is not a good way to start....

I mentioned many times that making 3D community bigger is iZ3D most important goal - even helping competitive technologies. But if you want compete only - it is up to you. We are open company of gamers and for gamers - we don't like all this "corporate tricks under the table".

Neil, pageflipping in player and pageflipping in driver are different things - you don't need to interrupt rendering in player like in games.
This forum is not the place for petty squabbling such as this - as others have said, pick up the phone, it's childish.
XFX GTX 280 XXX,BFG 7900GTX,Q6600,4gbXMS2,3TB RAID,2xWD Raptors,MountainMods U2-UFO Case,1KW Thermaltake PSU, 3x BenQ MP720p,Full active sim setup inc actuators,shakers,wind,THX sound.CrystalEyes 3,6 wireless ED w/ hipower emitter.
Neil

Post by Neil »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBes4lVbKe8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know how I still remember this - I only heard it once before as a kid.

Let's let iZ3D and Peter resolve this privately.

Regards,
Neil
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

so, I assume infringement statement has to be resolve privately too??? No excuse, no correction

wow - I think it forum and open discussion place... ok - may be I'm wrong thinking so
Neil

Post by Neil »

BlackQ,

I don't recall making any statements requiring an excuse or correction from you or Peter. If you and Peter want to share your stories publicly, fine. Maybe you think iZ3D has been misrepresented a bit, and you feel obligated to clear your name somehow.

You and Peter can say what you want. It would be good if this accomplishes something positive - we'll see.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “MTBS Newswire”