Glasses: replaced battery, works, but no 3D

greg02
Cross Eyed!

Glasses: replaced battery, works, but no 3D

Post by greg02 »

Had to get a new pair of (dead) glasses. Replaced the battery as I did with my last pair that worked. This time with these glasses, there is no 3D coming on. Light turns red briefly, then turns green. I connected the red and black wires as I did last time with the working battery. Any ideas for getting these to work or whats wrong with them? Thanks!
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Glasses: replaced battery, works, but no 3D

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

3DNovice wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:33 am First, I'd confirm that they work while connected to USB. If not, it's possible the circuitry is bad.

Then I would try "pulse Charging" them, you might have gotten a discharged battery.

Third, try a new battery
Thanks for the response. Glasses are brand new, I knew the battery would be dead, they didn't turn on at all, was nothing (as expected). I put the working battery that was in the other pair. They charge, and come on, although the light turns red momentarily when hitting the button, then it turns solid green as the working pair did. In terms of bad circuitry is that something we've seen before? I was thinking maybe the glasses needed to be tuned to the emitter possibly? Anything I can try in 3D Fix Manager? Appreciate anyone's response, or if anyone has a spare pair they'd be willing to sell etc.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

I was going to edit that with the part about no it doesn't work with the charger plugged in, had to step away from the computer. USB Charger plugged in, same thing, light comes on green like it should be working but no shuttering etc. Everything else appears to be working, 3D test comes on right. Just seems odd to me that a pair would have bad circuitry. Using the standard emitter. Will try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Thanks you for your responses, appreciated!
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

Thanks again, I've confirmed the emitter is working through 3D Fix Manager. Does the red light coming on on the glasses mean anything? I don't remember ever seeing that happen with any of the other glasses. When turning on the glasses, the light turns red for a moment, then turns green. Then the green light goes out after 4 seconds as usual. Thanks again.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Can always get a pair of Xpand X104's, will take any size 3.7V LiPo battery without an extra charging circuit and can be programmed to sync with any IR protocol.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”