Cycle Frustrum Equivalent in GEO11 (Correct Title)

ishiki
One Eyed Hopeful

Cycle Frustrum Equivalent in GEO11 (Correct Title)

Post by ishiki »

Is there a way to cycle frustrum in GEO 3D.

I use 4090 and do not use 3D vision driver. So I can't control-f11.

I say this because it's useful in some games with incomplete geometery, or weird things at the edges.

THanks
Last edited by ishiki on Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Cycle Frustrum Equivalent in GEO3D

Post by 3DNovice »

Perhaps post some pics of the issue you are experiencing.

AFAIK, neither 3DMigoto or Geo-11 offer any type of Frustrum culling
A quick look in the d3dxdm.ini and d3dx.ini do not show anything

To anyone wondering, Nvidia options are off, crop, stretched
This is cycled by ctrl+F11, if you have the Nvidia 3D Vision drivers installed
You can easily observe this in the nvTest
ishiki
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ishiki »

I will try to post a pic. But I think A game that has it really bad is FFXV.

Thanks for your response. I looked through the ini and didn’t see anything as well

I used to press as you described, until I got the 4090 and omitted the 3D vision driver. I might try to install the driver and use dx9 mode, and then the edid hack for the few games that have it quite bad.

I’m not using 3dvision I’m using interlaced with a 55e6p. As it’s quite a bit less troublesome in most cases
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

This is the only thread that came to mind about weird artifacts, it might pertain to what you are experiencing
viewtopic.php?t=26377 geo-11 TAB and SBS outputs produce some garbage pixels in certain resolutions

That thread was posted before Interlaced was added as an option in Version v0.6.56, but perhaps it also applies to interlaced.
No idea if later versions fixed the issue or what was fully to blame
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

ishiki wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:03 pm Is there a way to cycle frustrum in GEO 3D.

I say this because it's useful in some games with incomplete geometery, or weird things at the edges.

THanks
Natively, no, geo-11 doesn't have that feature. But it can be done with a custom shader and I have been thinking about doing this for a while, so I made it today: https://masterotaku.s3.amazonaws.com/Co ... +shader.7z
Instructions included in it. It has even more modes and options than what Nvidia gave us. I hope it works for you, because I only tested it in one game.

For now I don't plan on including it by default with future geo-11 versions, but it's very easy to intall.

Edit: now I realize that OP was talking about Geo3D, Flugan's thing, and not geo-11. I suppose. Well, whatever, I wanted to do it anyway.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Ooops, I did as well.

Ignore that thread I linked, since it is for Geo-11
ishiki
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ishiki »

masterotaku wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:29 am
ishiki wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:03 pm Is there a way to cycle frustrum in GEO 3D.

THanks
Natively, no, geo-11 doesn't have that feature. But it can be done with a custom shader and I have been thinking about doing this for a while, so I made it today: https://masterotaku.s3.amazonaws.com/Co ... +shader.7z
Instructions included in it. It has even more modes and options than what Nvidia gave us. I hope it works for you, because I only tested it in one game.

For now I don't plan on including it by default with future geo-11 versions, but it's very easy to intall.

Edit: now I realize that OP was talking about Geo3D, Flugan's thing, and not geo-11. I suppose. Well, whatever, I wanted to do it anyway.
Actually you were right.

I just got the names mixed thanks!!!

Edit, I tried this in Final Fantasy XV, and Final fantasy VII (Original Game) world map.

Thank you so much! It works great!
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Cycle Frustrum Equivalent in GEO11 (Correct Title)

Post by 3DNovice »

@masterotaku

this should be made available on the blog and/or added to the feature request on 3DMigoto github

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”