Please vote if you are still on 20 series or upgraded to latest gpus

Which gpu generation do you use for 3D vision gaming.

Poll ended at Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:42 am

1. Do you still use a 20 series?
71%
2. Have you upgraded to 30 and 40 series?
29%

Total votes: 14

UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Please vote if you are still on 20 series or upgraded to latest gpus

Post by UnityBeing »

Everyone please place your votes of who still uses 20 series, and who upgraded to 30 and 40 series and plays with that generational gpu.

Happy Polling. This is for shaderhackers to prioritize fixes and know if their fix is being widely used by majority or minority.
BazzaLB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Please vote if you are still on 20 series or upgraded to latest gpus

Post by BazzaLB »

You seem to be using a plural in your reference to shaderhackers? As far as I can tell, there is only one left.

Anyway, I upgraded to a 4090 but I use a SBS 3D TV which works very well with geo-11.

I need a 4090 for my other VR pursuits like flight and racing sims. I don't do 3D gaming in VR, I use my 3D TV for that. It always seems way smoother and better depths on the 3D TV.

I still find b03b's complete disappearance after so many years of 3D dedication and fantastic contributions a complete mystery. I wonder what he's up to these days.
11900K/3080 - Vive Pro - Sony 3DTV
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

BazzaLB wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:12 pm You seem to be using a plural in your reference to shaderhackers? As far as I can tell, there is only one left.

Anyway, I upgraded to a 4090 but I use a SBS 3D TV which works very well with geo-11.

I need a 4090 for my other VR pursuits like flight and racing sims. I don't do 3D gaming in VR, I use my 3D TV for that. It always seems way smoother and better depths on the 3D TV.

I still find b03b's complete disappearance after so many years of 3D dedication and fantastic contributions a complete mystery. I wonder what he's up to these days.
Sad truth, only Master. Some say Helixmod is owned by Acer corp. but I don’t really know what happened. All I know is master is the only hope we have for 3D vision without tracking or machine learning.

Master is amazing, but something went down in the community of shaderhackers. Corporations are hitting us hard. They want eye tracking with machine learning which 3D vision doesn’t have besides nvidia’s telemetry.
john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

I didn't vote because there's no option for the 10 series. I still use two GTX 1080 Ti (SLI). I tried to upgrade to an RTX 2080 Ti a few years back, but the difference in the 3D performance was very small, so I exchanged it for a second GTX 1080 Ti, which made much bigger difference in games with SLI support (mostly only older games support it, but still).

I refuse to upgrade because of much worse 3D support on newer cards. Geo-11 is very nice, but it requires fix modification in many cases. Also there's no good solution for 3D movies and 3D pictures on newer cards.
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

Yup, still using my 2080ti. I really haven't used it for 3d gaming much as of late, it's really powerful for stable diffusion work though. Even though it only has 11gb, the performance really shines even when undervolted. 130-150w and it comes close to the performance of a 3080 in FP16.

There seems to be some sort of new 3d glass free monitors coming out this year, 3d could be returning if they make it good.

I'm really only going to upgrade for stable diffusion work for the higher vram, it's either the 4060ti 16gb or the 3090 24gb. The prices are going to come down a little due to the release of the super varients of the 4000rtx series. It's a little to late IMHO, still not worth it with little performance/price, limited vram, and next gen arriving at the end of this year.

I'd rather get a QD-oled monitor this year, and get 3d vision working on it.
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

john105 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:03 am I didn't vote because there's no option for the 10 series. I still use two GTX 1080 Ti (SLI). I tried to upgrade to an RTX 2080 Ti a few years back, but the difference in the 3D performance was very small, so I exchanged it for a second GTX 1080 Ti, which made much bigger difference in games with SLI support (mostly only older games support it, but still).

I refuse to upgrade because of much worse 3D support on newer cards. Geo-11 is very nice, but it requires fix modification in many cases. Also there's no good solution for 3D movies and 3D pictures on newer cards.
Hi, sorry for late reply. There is solutions for 3D gaming, pictures and movies on 30 and 40 series. I'm very happy with my 4070ti after I learned to overcome the problems. If you need advice move to this thread: viewtopic.php?t=26746

If you need me to help you understand what u lose and what u gain just ask and I'll serve you by writing all the pros and cons. So far the pros are bigger than cons on lovelace tech. So far I'm having a better experience with 40 series than 20 series, or 10 series. Been a 3D gamer since 2010 and upgraded from 2012-2017 every 8 months to sli flagships due to vram limitations from nvidia. I even sold my apartment garage to buy a 3D rig second hand that was low usage and good price and very powerful from a Portugese Pilot in 2021 during the crypto mining era.

My advice is to upgrade and consider getting help from any of us, I'm willing to help you and serve you to get you sorted in 3D vision, because I care about our community members and helixmod's efforts to keep it alive.

Stay safe and best Regards,

Miguel Pedras
john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

UnityBeing wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:53 am There is solutions for 3D gaming, pictures and movies on 30 and 40 series.
I experimented with it myself with newer drivers. By "no good solution for 3D movies and 3D pictures" I meant that you can make it work, but it's just not as good. You need to be in exclusive full screen mode for it to work. Even if I make PowerDVD full screen, as soon as I move the mouse and the player's controls show up, video becomes 2D. I guess you can live with it, but it's a compromise I'm not willing to make for now.

Thank you for offering your help though. I think I'll eventually upgrade when some new game that I really want and that my card cannot handle comes out. But for now I'm happy with playing older games with good 3D support.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

john105 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:03 pm
UnityBeing wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:53 am There is solutions for 3D gaming, pictures and movies on 30 and 40 series.
Even if I make PowerDVD full screen, as soon as I move the mouse and the player's controls show up, video becomes 2D. I guess you can live with it, but it's a compromise I'm not willing to make for now.
I don't have this problem with Power DVD 19 when I move the mouse the video is still in 3D, 2D only when paused. I use it in PC mode
john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

Chtiblue wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:05 am I don't have this problem with Power DVD 19 when I move the mouse the video is still in 3D, 2D only when paused. I use it in PC mode
I also tried it in PC mode with drivers newer than 452 (I don't remember the exact version I tried, it was a while ago). It happens when moving the mouse causes the player controls to show. Maybe it only happens with Blu-ray 3D, not sure about sbs and tb 3D videos.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Yeah I'm talking iso bluray

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”