NVIDIA Kicked Out of Console Market?

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

NVIDIA Kicked Out of Console Market?

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

What's your take on these stories:

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/new ... tation-gpu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/new ... g-x86-chip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is this just rumor, or is it true? Do you think this will impact the S-3D industry somehow?

Regards,
Neil
Jadentheman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: NVIDIA Kicked Out of Console Market?

Post by Jadentheman »

Well nvidia and sony are together and the PS3 isn't faring well. but I bet the PS4 will have an nvidia graphics card like the rest and Ps3 is capable of s-3d as shown at ces
Neil

Post by Neil »

Well nvidia and sony are together and the PS3 isn't faring well. but I bet the PS4 will have an nvidia graphics card like the rest and Ps3 is capable of s-3d as shown at ces
It would be cool if someone from NVIDIA could confirm or deny. It's a pretty big pill to swallow, I'm sure. Regardless, whether or not NVIDIA is in the console market, I don't see how that would impact PS3 or XBOX S-3D compatibility.

Let's see how it unfolds.

Regards,
Neil
Neil

Post by Neil »

This is interesting:

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/so ... urs-525563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to this article, the rumor is denied by Sony...but the source is unnamed!

So...who is the more credible source?

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I could believe it. So PS4 is going larabee. Either way I doubt it will effect S3D compatibility for the consoles. That will likely be driven by the companies themselves (ie Sony) and the developers. Its not just about the GPU. If it was then we'd already have S3D on the PS3 and we don't.
1wayjonny
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 1wayjonny »

Well being The Inq has a pure vendetta against Nvidia anything I wouldn't believe it.

They have posted at least 5 huge stories about Nvidia failing and they were all untrue exect the bad Nvidia motherboard chips.

Now why this could be true is because during xbox 1 Microsoft and Nvidia had a fallout about old chip inventory and neither side wanted to take the loss. So Microsoft didn't ask them the second time because of this disagreement.

If they screwed with Sony its possible but I wouldn't count them out forever, but anything The Inq post about Nvidia you can trash
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

1wayjonny wrote:Well being The Inq has a pure vendetta against Nvidia anything I wouldn't believe it.
If they screwed with Sony its possible but I wouldn't count them out forever, but anything The Inq post about Nvidia you can trash
Everything you say may be true, but I watched this movie called TUCKER - a man and his dream with that guy from the movie TRON. He had a much better product, with all kind of advancements, but in the end the big car companies squashed him. It is so funny because his speech at the end of the trial he talks about the big US carmakers going bankrupt and everyone buying thier cars from asia, he was right, and the big US carmakers are bankrupt, but being right didn't change his personal fortunes or alter his very accurate prediction.

If INTC and other large companies have decided to enter the s3d and graphics market in a big way, history just doesn't show the little guy beating the 800lb gorilla, better to join them. Nvidia's ceo just criticized intel for stifling innovation, and he may be right, but on a bet between intc and nvidia for our graphics future, if both have decided to duke it out, are you going to buy the Tucker automobile?
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”