New! TriDef - DDD Igntion Beta

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
1wayjonny
One Eyed Hopeful

New! TriDef - DDD Igntion Beta

Post by 1wayjonny »

Yo,

Little late if you ask me but good for all Tri-Def/DDD users... You can now play any game instead of buying a game driver which never came.

The only cons left with these guys are the quality and comfort of the glasses. Their drivers work great when ever I ran my test on them the past year or so.

The customer support comes from one guy (Wayne) who is just great at getting back to the customers. I don't think he ever missed a reply to my emails....

The Tridef Media Player works fantastic on 1080p/mkv's etc... anything you have a codec installed for via directshow works...

I already moved on to the Nvidia glasses and I do say I miss one or two thing about there product (Mostly Tri Def Media Player as it doesnt like nvidia glasses in my tests)

Enjoy!
DDD is pleased to announce the BETA release of its new 3-D game drivers – TriDef Ignition. TriDef Ignition is our new architecture for stereoscopic gaming that provides generic game support as well as a range of other features: check the following web page to download the software and find out more information: http://www.tridef.com/ignition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You have been specially selected to participate in a limited external beta test as you have some experience or interest in 3-D gaming. We would appreciate any comments and feedback you have: we have set up an online bulletin board to share information about the TriDef Ignition Beta: http://www.ddd.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Alternatively, please email: TriDefSupport@ddd.com with any problems.

Regards,

Julien Flack,

CTO, Dynamic Digital Depth (DDD)
delyrious
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: New! TriDef - DDD Igntion Beta

Post by delyrious »

With use of a miniDIN-3 splitter you can use the Samsung Shutter Glasses and Emitter (ssg1000) that come bundled with the TRI-DEF software AND the Nvidia Glasses solution at the same time, with no interference or cross talk. (@ DLP or Plasma "3d sync port"). 8)
MSI P7N (750i)
C2Q Q8200 2.33-2.93 (box-air ATM)
4x2GB DDR2 Corsair XMS2 PC6400 1:1
EVGA GTX470 (750/1500/1800)
Antec TruePower Quattro 850W
Antec Skeleton (Open Air top 250mm, front 92mm, + rear 92mm @ GPU)
WinVista Ultimate 64bit SP2
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

even though I personally don't have any device that can utilize these I feel very happy for those for whom the wait is over!
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
bastian74
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bastian74 »

Does it have any features over the existing free (for ati) one?
delyrious
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by delyrious »

B-

I think you're confusing the DDD (tri-def) and the iz3d drivers.

Iz3d gives drivers to ati detected users for free.

DDD historicaly charged $5 per game for a very few number of supported games.....now according to this thread they have a blanket driver but you must purchase their software unless you already own a key, or activation code. For previous non-demo version owners the upgrade is free.

I recently installed the Nvidia Kit on my Vista 64 side and have downloaded the new DDD for the XP side.....

Anybody try these drivers yet???
MSI P7N (750i)
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

is this tridef stereo media player working really well in HD MKV movie files?
(how well? 50% or higher)
If it's doing good 3d conversion, I am considering getting one too :roll:
GPU: nVIDIA 8800GT 512MB
PSU: Corsair 550W
RAM: 2GB
CPU: Intel Core 2, 2.13 GHz
Display: 61'' Samsung 3D-Ready LED DLP TV (HL61A750) + 22'' Samsung 2233rz for PC
Glasses: Nvidia 3D Vision kit
1wayjonny
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 1wayjonny »

@johnoliver

Yes the media player is awesome, as long as your computer can play 1080mkv to begin with you can play in 3D, I havent seen any stress on the cpu. I have been watching for over a year in 3D no problem.

you can roll the mouse wheel up and down to resize the video picture too...

if it plays in windows media player with your installed codecs this player will too...
bastian74
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bastian74 »

I personally don't care for the 3d conversion. Mostly it just "leans" the screen back 45 degrees. I have noticed some minor intelligence when it makes things upright, such as a tree line in the horizon. It kind of looked like textures wrapped around a 3d object, ala google earth / flight sim.
bastian74
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bastian74 »

delyrious wrote:B-

I think you're confusing the DDD (tri-def) and the iz3d drivers.
My question was does the iz3d driver differ functionally from teh tri-def driver?
I'm guessing their "generic" driver is the same as their customized one they charged $5/game for. They just kept selling the same thing over and over when the only difference was the 3d profile settings for that game.

You really think they started from scratch and wrote a new product to give away with their base application?
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Seems to have Page Flip (opengl) option. Pitty there is no demo.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

1wayjonny wrote:Yo,

Little late if you ask me but good for all Tri-Def/DDD users... You can now play any game instead of buying a game driver which never came.

The only cons left with these guys are the quality and comfort of the glasses. Their drivers work great when ever I ran my test on them the past year or so.

The customer support comes from one guy (Wayne) who is just great at getting back to the customers. I don't think he ever missed a reply to my emails....

The Tridef Media Player works fantastic on 1080p/mkv's etc... anything you have a codec installed for via directshow works...

I already moved on to the Nvidia glasses and I do say I miss one or two thing about there product (Mostly Tri Def Media Player as it doesnt like nvidia glasses in my tests)

Enjoy!
DDD is pleased to announce the BETA release of its new 3-D game drivers – TriDef Ignition. TriDef Ignition is our new architecture for stereoscopic gaming that provides generic game support as well as a range of other features: check the following web page to download the software and find out more information: http://www.tridef.com/ignition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You have been specially selected to participate in a limited external beta test as you have some experience or interest in 3-D gaming. We would appreciate any comments and feedback you have: we have set up an online bulletin board to share information about the TriDef Ignition Beta: http://www.ddd.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Alternatively, please email: TriDefSupport@ddd.com with any problems.

Regards,

Julien Flack,

CTO, Dynamic Digital Depth (DDD)
May I ask what TriDef - DDD display solution you are using? Television (glasses required:
Arisawa Dimen 17" 3D LCD,

PC Displays (all glasses-free):
Sharp Actius AL3D 2D/3D Switchable Notebook Computer
Sharp Actius RD3D 2D/3D Switchable Notebook Computer
Sharp LL-151-3D 2D/3D Switchable Desktop Display
StereoGraphics SG204 20” LCD
StereoGraphics SG404 40” LCD
VR21 45" 3D LCD
SeeReal Cn

And also what do you think in comparison to any other 3-D display you've seen?

Cheers.
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

delyrious wrote:With use of a miniDIN-3 splitter you can use the Samsung Shutter Glasses and Emitter (ssg1000) that come bundled with the TRI-DEF software AND the Nvidia Glasses solution at the same time, with no interference or cross talk. (@ DLP or Plasma "3d sync port"). 8)
Also if I may ask you the same question, what TriDef - DDD display solution you are using?

Television (glasses required):

VR21 45" 3D LCD
SeeReal Cn

Cheers.
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

I have been playing with these on and off for about a week now and I have to say that they have done their homework. Some really great features and app compatibility is very good. Some other driver vendors may want to pay attention:

1. Sharable profiles! That's right, ever have that perfect set up for a game and want to share it? Now you can...
2. Extensive menu driven in game control panel that allows you to tweak variables I have never heard of and shows fps impact immediately.
3. Something I have always liked about the Tridef drivers is that Separation and Convergence are renamed so that it means something to the average user. They call them "scene depth" and "percent in front". So if convergence, aka percent in front is set to 50%, then you guessed it... 50% of the scene is positioned outside the monitor.
4. Virtual 3D Mode. I haven't tested this extensively but it appears to be a way to increase fps at the cost of 3D quality.

I like em' but really haven't had a lot of time to devote to testing yet.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
delyrious
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by delyrious »

delyrious wrote:
With use of a miniDIN-3 splitter you can use the Samsung Shutter Glasses and Emitter (ssg1000) that come bundled with the TRI-DEF software AND the Nvidia Glasses solution at the same time, with no interference or cross talk. (@ DLP or Plasma "3d sync port"). 8)
Silversurfer wrote:
Also if I may ask you the same question, what TriDef - DDD display solution you are using?

Television (glasses required):

VR21 45" 3D LCD
SeeReal Cn

Cheers.
I have a 50" samsung plasma TV (pn50a450). Vista u64 w/ Nvidia 3d Vision AND tridef glasses + xp w/tridef and iz3d running only tridef glasses so far...haven't tried to force NV emitter in xp yet....ideas?

+For the price of $850 and the fact that I bought it for 2D only later to discover its 3d capabilities makes my very happy.
+It's cheaper by far than HMD, provides a sharable experience and is much less complicated and brighter than projector setups ....(from what I read).
+I don't see a red tint with NV.
+Its methodology of syncing shutters proprietary is favorable and results in 0 flicker.

-/+Although technically resolution is somewhat reduced using checkerboard output you don't really notice because the pattern has "overlap".
+/-I think it is one of the best current options for mainstream implementation at this time, although it is unfortunately likely to be unavailable soon as Samsung pushes true 120.

++Overall- It's way better than a small proprietary display IMHO because desks are for work, not play!! :wink:

BTW-I think the DDD drivers look awesome- they just support very little...but being able to use a "command line argument" to force resolution to match my native is awesome...anybody know how to do this with NV or Iz3d?

SS-far out setups btw

Aloha :mrgreen:
MSI P7N (750i)

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”