Success! Samsung DLP users have Nvidia bug fix on the way!

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
1wayjonny
One Eyed Hopeful

Success! Samsung DLP users have Nvidia bug fix on the way!

Post by 1wayjonny »

Dear MTBS3D Community & Samsung 3D Community,

I have posted a few issues here and there on the Nvidia forum in moves to help Nvidia clearly become the master of proving a 3D solution for its customers. Below I have posted the thread where Samsung DLP owners will a update soon in some upcoming drivers (no date set). The update will address having the DREADFUL Samsung DLP 3D Mode overscan problem.

This annoying bug happens when a Samsung DLP user enables the 3D mode, the DLP will then overscan the incoming resolution regardless of what its set to. Its basicaly taking my native 1920 x 1080 resolution that fits corner to corner and zooming in on the picture.

So we had to have it cut off or use a smaller resolution which just plain stinks.

Please MTBS3D Community show support and post a reply in the Nvidia thread to show Nvidia that we appreciate and care that they were listening.

Signed,
1WayJonny

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?show ... ntry499226
1wayjonny
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Success! Samsung DLP users have Nvidia bug fix on the way!

Post by 1wayjonny »

Andrew from Nvidia forums also seems to be on the ball of alot of 3D topics including the left 4 dead bug I been running into.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=87884

Thanks for staying close to the community Andrew it really makes a difference! =)
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by metalqueen »

Hi 1Wayjonny,

Does NVIDIA plan on contributing to MTBS? It would be good if they joined to help make this community possible like iZ3D and TDVision. If you are going to ask our community to promote them this way, it is only fair to ask NVIDIA to reciprocate.

If this happens then I am positive that everyone would support your idea.
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I don't think 1wayjonny was suggesting we post our undying support to NVIDIA! :P

However, I agree with your concerns.

1wayjonny, we do want NVIDIA to work with us. It would be helpful if you could put similar energies in expressing this to them.

Andrew replied to the thread already with your answer (he posts here too, by the way), so I don't know what else would be achieved by this. Please run it by us before stating official MTBS3D.COM positions in other forums. We do have a responsibility in how we represent ourselves and the positions we take.

Regards,
Neil
1wayjonny
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 1wayjonny »

The only thing here that I was trying to achieve is that we Samsung users get payed attention to.

Many users here have complained about this bug alot through out this thread so when I signed MTBS3D community I was signing for each members that has had this issue and since I am part of the community here I didn't think anything of it to advertise for this community.

I meant nothing but good intentions when including the MTBS3D community and didn't look at that any different then having a link to this website near my signature. And that specific post was a way to say thank you from this community.

Asking you guys to post in the Nvidia forum was to support me and the other users of the MTBS3D forum. Not sure what other idea you thought I was trying push but my posting here was to let users know about a fix being on the way and to ask THIS community to post in the thread to support us samsung users here...

Hope you understand... but I will remove all references to the MTBS3D for the Nvidia thread.

I wasnt trying to promote anything... I was asking you guys to post there as a favor to show support for the Samsung DLP users who suffer with this issue. Cause if you guys asked me to support something I just would of done it for anybody in this community.

Again sorry if my intentions came across different...
Neil

Post by Neil »

This isn't about being offended or suggesting you had anything but good intentions.

Let me explain through example. We had a case in the past where someone launched an entire petition against NVIDIA and signed our community's name to it. We had to put a stop to that because it didn't represent MTBS' official position which was and is more positive towards NVIDIA.

I think it's awesome that you want to reference MTBS. Cross link posts or threads next time. It demonstrates the support you are talking about, but doesn't put us in a position of taking an official stance. It's the way the threads were written more so than your intentions that raised our eyebrows.

Regards,
Neil
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

it's done, & appreciate your effort 1wayjonny, I thanks you as a Samsung TV user too =)
GPU: nVIDIA 8800GT 512MB
PSU: Corsair 550W
RAM: 2GB
CPU: Intel Core 2, 2.13 GHz
Display: 61'' Samsung 3D-Ready LED DLP TV (HL61A750) + 22'' Samsung 2233rz for PC
Glasses: Nvidia 3D Vision kit
1wayjonny
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 1wayjonny »

johnoliver wrote:it's done, & appreciate your effort 1wayjonny, I thanks you as a Samsung TV user too =)

Your welcome, it took many of my personal hours with Samsung and Nvidia on the phone and online.

I was just asking anybody to support my efforts, thanks cause every post will show Nvidia that it was a much needed fix. If you have a Samsung please go show your support...

See ya guys
1wayjonny
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 1wayjonny »

Hi Guys

Just an update for you. We are working on a small Hotfix for DLP users which changes how Resize the HDTV desktop works for you to allow you to properly configure a custom resolution that still supports 3D Vision. We have a little more text to do on it but I think we'll have it released next week.

Thanks.
Samsung users get ready!!! =)

Enjoy hope this made all your gaming experience's that much better!
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

this sounds wonderful! thx for the update

~now I just need to finish backing up my files so I can install Vista for the glasses to work (will miss my XP :cry: )
GPU: nVIDIA 8800GT 512MB
PSU: Corsair 550W
RAM: 2GB
CPU: Intel Core 2, 2.13 GHz
Display: 61'' Samsung 3D-Ready LED DLP TV (HL61A750) + 22'' Samsung 2233rz for PC
Glasses: Nvidia 3D Vision kit

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”