Re: Nvidia 3D Vision drivers

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
flexy
Cross Eyed!

Post by flexy »

I was experimenting a bit.

I need to add that i do not have the nvidia hardware/USB emitter. I have a standard setup with ED glasses and IR emitter connected to the TV.

As for now there is no way to activate anything else than anaglyph, those drivers are VERY similar to the old drives.

I strongly assume that the USB part of the 3d vision drivers only functions as a "dongle" (copy protection), so right now i cant tell whether "generic DLP/Plasma" is supported. Its likely that the drivers ask whether the hardware is connected via USB...and if it is not then all you get is anaglyph.

Despite the fact that i think that 3d vision is VERY overpriced i am interested in it, but only once there's something bigger than 22" 3d monitors available. Right now i just wouldn't spend the money on the glasses and monitor since 22" is not too attractive to me. Maybe in 5+ months this might be another story if we see more 120hz monitors/LCDs coming out..

By the way....NVidia --> King of marketing, there is also a section in the current World of Warcraft patch about how WoW now supports 3D vision...with a link to Nvidia right in the WoW patchnotes from yesterday. Excellent move by NV to partner with blizzard, this might push 3D into mainstream
The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by The_Doctor »

I am going to connect a crt to it and see if it works (with the nvidia glasses connected).
The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by The_Doctor »

See here http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 0&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

flexy wrote:I strongly assume that the USB part of the 3d vision drivers only functions as a "dongle" (copy protection), so right now i cant tell whether "generic DLP/Plasma" is supported. Its likely that the drivers ask whether the hardware is connected via USB...and if it is not then all you get is anaglyph.
Then, maybe an emulation of the usb device could cheat the driver and make it think that the glasses are connected, instead of hacking the drivers. But I don't know how any of those things are done so don't know what's easier. At least the "emulation" would not lead to ethical issues that most people concerns about.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
yomer
Cross Eyed!

Post by yomer »

First we would have to find out what type of security dongle it is. Google "usb dongle emulation" you could be lucky enough to find a tool that emulates the dongle.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”