Is Stereo 3D possible w/ GeForce Go 7950 GTX (Notebook)+XP

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
smugamer
One Eyed Hopeful

Is Stereo 3D possible w/ GeForce Go 7950 GTX (Notebook)+XP

Post by smugamer »

I recently purchased an HMD (the Vuzix iWear VR920) and, as expected, I'm having problems tracking down the correct combinations of drivers to get it working on either of my two computers. I've done a number of searches for threads already existing on this site, but I haven't been able to track down an answer for my specific configuration. I apologize if this question has been asked before, and if it has I'd really appreciate a link to the appropriate thread. I'll try to keep my query brief.

I have two computers with varying configurations. I'd like to get 3D Stereo working on either one of them and usable on my VR920 HMD. Here's my hardware.

Display: Vuzix iWear VR920 HMD (2 LCDs at 1024x768 resolution)

Computer 1 (Desktop): Area-51 Alienware
Video Card: PNY GeForce FX 5900XT

Computer 2 (Notebook): Dell XPS M1710
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX (Notebook)

So far, the only success I've had is on my Alienware by rolling *all* the way back to the 91.31 Forceware/Stereo. This worked on a few games (such as UT2004) but works incorrectly on the HL2 games and crashes horribly when I run WoW. Obviously I don't want to have to re-install/de-install drivers every time I want to switch between 3D Stereo and actually having WoW work. I haven't had any success tracking down *current* Forceware + Stereo drivers for either machine using Windows XP.

If anyone can offer any sort of help with getting 3D Stereo working with either of my machines, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Re: Is Stereo 3D possible w/ GeForce Go 7950 GTX (Notebook)+XP

Post by Freke1 »

Hi
169.44 Beta FW + 162.50 3Dstereo (SLI works), 169.21 FW + 162.50 3Dstereo or 163.71 FW + 162.50 3Dstereo
also works, but don't the VR920 have it's own driver?
smugamer
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Is Stereo 3D possible w/ GeForce Go 7950 GTX (Notebook)+XP

Post by smugamer »

Thanks for the help. :)

I'm not sure if the VR920 has it's own drivers or not... I thought I read that you would use the Vuzix drivers for any non-NVIDIA cards but had to use the default NVIDIA 3D Stereo drivers for NVIDIA cards or 3D wouldn't work at all. Honestly the instructions aren't that clear... I just know I haven't had much luck getting it running so far.

I appreciate the post and I'll look into the driver combos you mentioned.

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”