S-3D on tv and movies using Intel Intru3D and colorcode 3D

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
ngsmith
One Eyed Hopeful

S-3D on tv and movies using Intel Intru3D and colorcode 3D

Post by ngsmith »

For those of you that have not heard yet, the 2 3D commercials on NBC during the SuperBowl and Chuck on Feb 2nd will be using Intel's Intru3D and blue/amber glasses that "I think" are the same as colorcode 3D. Here is the news topic http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... +3d#p19601" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; You can get them free from the Sobe Kiosks or you can order them from Berezin: http://www.berezin.com/3d/3dglasses.htm#Colorcode" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As I have not seen anyone comment on home theater use of ColorCode3D let me be the first to say I love it and it has caused me to abandon my ShutterGlasses setup. It works best on movies and pictures but I can also play most games on it using Iz3D newest beta drivers. It is true that there is almost no ghosting if you calibrate your monitor/projector and it has much less eyestrain then anaglyph. It is similar in loss of lumens to using shutterglasses. I currently use my projector and stereoscopic player set to blue/yellow. ColorCode3D and ,I am assuming Intel Intru3D, take it a step further and do a higher color blending to get less eyestrain and ghosting, but I personally find it as comfortable as wearing my Shutterglasses. The paper glasses are cheap but don't wrap around your eyes, so you get a lot of ambient light (I found if you us a rubberband to pull back the paper glasses it solves this problem). I purchased two pairs of the expensive professional glasses which remove almost all ambient light and have a larger FOV. I did not see any significant improvement in optics, though, going from the cheap glasses to the expensive. I thought I would post my opinion here to generate discussion and make sure you do not forget to get your free glasses for the Suberbowl and Chuck.
Mb: Nvidia570 sli
Cpu: AMD64 X2 4600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8600GT
3D: Shutterglasses + Optoma EP739
staticbuddha
Cross Eyed!

Re: S-3D on tv and movies using Intel Intru3D and colorcode 3D

Post by staticbuddha »

HI, thanks for the advise I and others would be interested in trying this out. Could you please anwser the questions below to help me and others?

1) You say I can use IZ3D drivers, Is this colorcode setup standard in the installation or did you have to tweek it yourself? IE> did you have to put the colors into a driver file and what did you put in?

2) Analgpah is free for IZ3D , is this also free

3) Can you recommend a site to buy the "expensive professional glasses which remove almost all ambient light and have a larger FOV" colorcode 3D glasses?

Also any other advise for setting this up ?
ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by ssiu »

ngsmith wrote:As I have not seen anyone comment on home theater use of ColorCode3D let me be the first to say I love it and it has caused me to abandon my ShutterGlasses setup.
I am intrigued and yet skeptical. If I understand correctly ColorCode3D is just another form of anaglyph. How can anaglyph be better than a real-colour solution? If it is possible, there would be no need for special S3D monitors / HDTVs, and it would be much more popular by now.

Unfortunately I am not from USA and won't be able to see it myself.
staticbuddha
Cross Eyed!

Post by staticbuddha »

I dont expect it to be anything near S3D / shutter glasses but comments are around "optimised anagargh"

Love to get this working to take a look
ngsmith
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ngsmith »

Hi staticbuddha,

Here are some quick responses to your question:

1,2. A month ago I requested from BlackQ on the Iz3d forums to add yellow/blue output as another option on their anaglyph output. I was really impressed with Iz3d because they honored my request and added it to driver version 1.09. It is free because it is an anaglyph output. You just need to open iz3d control panel and select anaglyph and yellow/blue instead of red/cyan.

3. Right now you can only buy the expensive glasses directly from colorcod3D. Here is the link http://www.colorcode3d.com/proproduc/pages/ccvpro.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Although, I recommend getting the paper ones first to try out.

Finally, since iz3D is using pure yellow/blue rather than amber/blue you should try adjusting your monitor or projector color settings to calibrate the colors. You can also adjust brightness as the glasses do reduce the amount of light coming through. I also recommend trying out 3datv's stereoscopic player (they have a yellow/blue option too).

Standard Anaglyph is not real color as ssiu pointed out. It is more half color since the filters cut out a large portion of the color spectrum. Standard red/cyan anaglyph glasses also purposely leak colors from each lens so that a lot of ghosting is visible. Finally, they are not ideal for long use because the red filter is significantly darker than the cyan causing eyestrain.
The amber filter on the colorcode3D lets in a much larger portion of the color spectrum than cyan. If you looked at an image with just the amber filter you would not notice a significant color shift or loss of color. The brain only needs color in one eye, the other eye only needs monochrome to recompose a full color image. So The blue monocrhome filter gives the remaining color spectrum and let's your brain do the rest. Here is a link that explains this concept using side by side comparison, if you have a stereo scope you can see exactly how it works: http://www.eclipse-3d.com/technology.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mb: Nvidia570 sli
Cpu: AMD64 X2 4600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8600GT
3D: Shutterglasses + Optoma EP739
staticbuddha
Cross Eyed!

Post by staticbuddha »

Hi thanks for the info, wanna try this out on my projector :)

I will order some glasses tonight, thanks again for the info, I will post my experiance soon ...

cheers again Stu :)
shonofear
Cross Eyed!

Post by shonofear »

wow,
this does look promising for people with standard monitor setups or even laptops.
Thanks for the info and ill have to get me some card board glasses for the 'Chuck' episode.
Let us know how the plastic nice looking glasses go
Cheers
waiting patiently......

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”