3D Emulator Support in 2023 - 3D Vision or Geo11

bd32
One Eyed Hopeful

3D Emulator Support in 2023 - 3D Vision or Geo11

Post by bd32 »

I know there are some old threads that cover this, but wanted to check with the forum to figure out what emulators you guys are using that have 3d support these days in early 2023.

I have two different setups (old + new), I keep a desktop setup using 3d vision monitor + 2080TI + 452.06 driver and an Alienware 3d 17 laptop... and then I am using a newer system with 3080 and latest nvidia drivers and it is being displayed on a LG 4k 3d that allows you to switch into 3d mode if SBS is being output (using geo11 for this setup).

What I am hoping to get is the latest breakdown of what emulators we can play in 3d (using old 3d vision support, using geo-11, or works on both)? Probably most important for the future is what emulators support 3d with Geo-11 (if any)?
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: 3D Emulator Support in 2023 - 3D Vision or Geo11

Post by Jose3DVision »

I play with Nvidia3DVision 2.0 glasses.
Asus PG278QR 2K Monitor
RTX 2080Ti Asus Rog Strix EDITION OC
i9 12900K

I use FixManager3D for most games except for the ones not installable by 3DFM.

For games like Days Gone, Kena, GOW I use the patch which is not Geo-11. They work great and perfect for me.
The Geo-11 I use it with The Witcher 3 I have tried to use it with RE2,3 and 7. It works the same as the previous patch and if there is any difference I don't notice it.

As for performance supercontento because I'm left over, I have no ralantizaciones in any game with all the ULTRA minus the options that the patch tells us to remove or lower quality.

I will never get tired of thanking the programmers who make it possible for the rest of us to enjoy 3D on PC.

What I don't understand is how to play in 3D with other RTX 30XX or 40XX series cards. That is impressive.

Tb I have tried to play in 3D on Windows 11 and if I can play quite a few games, but not all that if I can with Win 10.

Hopefully Win 10 will last as long as possible or that eventually in Win11 the same games that work in 3D in Win 10 will be compatible with Win 11.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Jose3DVision wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:30 am For games like Days Gone, Kena, GOW I use the patch which is not Geo-11. They work great and perfect for me.
Jose3DVision wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:30 am The Geo-11 I use it with The Witcher 3 I have tried to use it with RE2,3 and 7. It works the same as the previous patch and if there is any difference I don't notice it.
When I upload a geo-11 fix, you can count on the previous 3D Vision fix to be outdated and worse. In God of War, there are things that aren't fixed in the older 3D Vision fix (for example, it lacks the dynamic crosshair depth). And the CPU performance difference is massive (not so much if you're very GPU limited).

For the Resident Evil games, I improved a lot of things in the geo-11 fixes.

Back to topic, emulators. Here's what I know.

Nintendo:
- NES: 3dSen PC / 3dSen VR. Just one vertex shader for the menu needs to be monoized. I'll upload a simple fix sometime soon, to offer some extra options for "2D" games that have native 3D in them.
- SNES: there's something out there that separates layers a bit. Not worth it.
- Virtual Boy: I did this (https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2018/04/r ... -dx11.html) for RetroArch years ago (hotkeys to convert anaglyph to 3D Vision format, among other things). But I didn't check with current RetroArch versions and geo-11 yet.
- N64: I made this in 2018 (https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2018/08/n ... -dx11.html), but I should check what happens with a modern dgVoodoo version and geo-11. I just didn't have time for that yet.
- GBA: there's an emulator out there (not available anymore) with HORRIBLE audio quality and input lag, but pretty cool customizable layer separation. I have it in my PC, but I never uploaded it. The same person that created that, did some RetroArch cores and then disappear. That GBA core never worked for me, at all.
- GameCube / Wii: Dolphin "universal fix" in progress, to fix broken effects that the emulator doesn't fix by itself. It needs more work and testing.
- 3DS: this (https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/08/c ... to-3d.html) for Citra if you can't play its native SBS mode directly.
- Wii U: it's SuperDepth3D or nothing at this point.
- Switch: it's SuperDepth3D or nothing at this point.

PlayStation:
- PS1: this (https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2021/11/d ... -dx11.html) for DuckStation.
- PS2: this (https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2018/01/pcsx2-dx11.html) for PCSX2.
- PSP: this (https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2022/07/p ... -dx11.html) for standalone PPSSPP.
- PS3: I made this (https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/08/r ... pengl.html) a long time ago but I assume it isn't valid anymore. I was thinking about doing it in Vulkan recently, but something change and Vk3DVision has trouble with it. You can use SuperDepth3D if you can use that type of 3D.

SEGA:
- Dreamcast: this (https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2021/12/f ... ulkan.html) for Flycast.

Extra1: I made fixes for the community made PC ports of Super Mario 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Whenever more N64 decompilation projects turn into PC ports with DX11 modes, I'll fix them.
Extra 2: some Yakuza games contain Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Fighter 5 and Virtual On inside. Playable in 3D.
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

Thanks for the advice Masterotaku!
I will listen to you and this afternoon I will install the Geo-11 patches on GOW and RE2,3 and 7.
The Kena also improves with the Geo-11 then, no?
bd32
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bd32 »

Great summary on the emulation front Masterotaku!!!

And, I didn't realize you had a geo-11 ps2 fix for pcsx2... I know what I am playing with this weekend!!
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

Thanks for the advice Masterotaku!
I will listen to you and this afternoon I will install the Geo-11 patches on GOW and RE2,3 and 7.
The Kena also improves with the Geo-11 then, no?
[/quote]

Masterotaku I have been testing RE7 with Geo-11 and it is simply spectacular. I notice the graphics are better, like sharper and cleaner. Impressive. I spent almost 2 hours playing it to test it!

With RE2 you can also notice some graphical improvement over the previous patch, but I get a side band on the right side that is a bit annoying and that with the previous patch I didn't get. I've tried to change the convergence with F1 in all cycles and it doesn't disappear. Is there any way to make it disappear Masterotaku? Thanks

It seems that this solves the problem a little bit because although it is noticeable it is not as annoying as before.

viewtopic.php?t=23450
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Jose3DVision wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:04 pm With RE2 you can also notice some graphical improvement over the previous patch, but I get a side band on the right side that is a bit annoying and that with the previous patch I didn't get. I've tried to change the convergence with F1 in all cycles and it doesn't disappear. Is there any way to make it disappear Masterotaku? Thanks
It's a known side effect of fixing lighting clipping. Just deal with it. Don't try to remove it in other ways.
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

Okey!
Thanks!
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

FWIW
"Nintendo sends Valve DMCA notice to block Steam release of Wii emulator Dolphin"
https://www.pcgamer.com/nintendo-sends- ... r-dolphin/

"The DCMA letter sent to Valve cites the anti-circumvention language of the DMCA and specifically claims that "the Dolphin emulator operates by incorporating these cryptographic keys without Nintendo’s authorization and decrypting the ROMs at or immediately before runtime. Thus, use of the Dolphin emulator unlawfully 'circumvent[s] a technological measure that effectively controls access to a work protected under' the Copyright Act."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hopefully, they do not pursue this further. But perhaps it may be a good idea to grab it now, if you do not have it.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

masterotaku wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:40 am - PS3: I made this (https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/08/r ... pengl.html) a long time ago but I assume it isn't valid anymore. I was thinking about doing it in Vulkan recently, but something change and Vk3DVision has trouble with it. You can use SuperDepth3D if you can use that type of 3D.
I just saw this, in another sub-forum
Victoria wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:07 pm The PS3 has a fairly sizable library of games that have 3D support:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =997354376

RPCS3 actually gained support for PlayStation 3D in 2020, but unfortunately only in anaglyph mode, so it wasn’t very useful. However, a recent commit to add SBS and O/U modes was merged with Build 0.0.27-14850. So, as of April 2023, RPCS3 joins the ranks of Dolphin and Citra as emulators that have built in 3D support.

Here’s Sly Cooper running in RPCS3 with the new O/U mode:
https://youtu.be/GwM800qeK5s
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Dolphin Emulator Dev Comments on Steam Removal Controversy

https://www.techpowerup.com/311490/dolp ... ontroversy
vr2000
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr2000 »

thats cool i wish i could find a way to play virtua racer in 3d too (virtua cop would be fun too)
MarigoldRivera
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MarigoldRivera »

bd32 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:15 pm I know there are some old threads that cover this, but wanted to check with the forum to figure out what emulators you guys are using that have 3d support these days in early 2023.

I have two different setups (old + new), I keep a desktop setup using 3d vision monitor + 2080TI + 452.06 driver and an Alienware 3d 17 laptop... and then I am using a newer system with 3080 and latest nvidia drivers and it is being displayed on a LG 4k 3d that allows you to switch into 3d mode if SBS is being output (using geo11 for this setup). In capybara clicker, your tapping skills are your greatest asset as you embark on a journey to turn simple clicks into a thriving empire.

What I am hoping to get is the latest breakdown of what emulators we can play in 3d (using old 3d vision support, using geo-11, or works on both)? Probably most important for the future is what emulators support 3d with Geo-11 (if any)?
Dolphin Emulator: Dolphin is a popular emulator for GameCube and Wii games. It has had 3D support for quite some time, including 3D Vision and various other stereoscopic modes.

PCSX2: This emulator focuses on PlayStation 2 games. While it primarily offers 2D gameplay, there have been experimental 3D plugins available for some time. However, the compatibility and experience can vary.

Citra 3DS Emulator: Citra is an emulator for Nintendo 3DS games. It has been working on supporting stereoscopic 3D effects, and it's worth checking its latest updates to see if it offers compatibility with your setup.

RPCS3: RPCS3 is a PlayStation 3 emulator that has been steadily improving. While its main focus is on emulating PS3 games, it's possible that it might support some 3D features, but this would depend on the specific game and emulator capabilities.

Xenia: Xenia is an emulator for the Xbox 360. As of my last update, it mainly focuses on 2D gameplay, but it's worth checking the latest developments to see if 3D support has been added.

Yuzu: Yuzu is an emulator for the Nintendo Switch. Similar to Citra, it might be working on stereoscopic 3D support, so it's good to check its recent progress.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

masterotaku wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:40 am
Jose3DVision wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:30 am For games like Days Gone, Kena, GOW I use the patch which is not Geo-11. They work great and perfect for me.
Jose3DVision wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:30 am The Geo-11 I use it with The Witcher 3 I have tried to use it with RE2,3 and 7. It works the same as the previous patch and if there is any difference I don't notice it.
N64: I made this in 2018 (https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2018/08/n ... -dx11.html), but I should check what happens with a modern dgVoodoo version and geo-11. I just didn't have time for that yet.
Hey Masterotaku, I tried running the n64 fix you made with Geo-11. I could get the dgvoodoo to hook but was unable to get the n64 emulator you used to go into a 3D or TAB view in the emulator.. I tried to get it working in my VR Headset.. I had no luck but it could of been the complexity of using a vr headset..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I managed to get Project64 working with Geo-11 and my G2.. So I just have to sort it out and put it on the blog.. thnx ;)
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Umm, I just thought of something. Since I am using Katanga I do not think I can put this on the blog as other users may not have access to Helixvision. IS there any plans on releasing Katanga as a mod for other users with VR Headsets..

'I know there is screencap but I have not gotten that even remotely working yet.. I am going to look for screencap and see if I can get that working..

EDIT: I just seen this disclaimer for VR Screencap I guess this is why I never got it working:

WMR Users Disclaimer
This application uses Vulkan as its backend. To the best of my knowledge WMR still doesn't support OpenXR Vulkan applications so this one won't work out of the box for you. You can try to run VR Screen Cap through projects like OpenXR-Vk-D3D12 but I can't guarantee It'll work.

So I would like to ask who is in charge of Katanga, is that Bo3b project? and if so does he plan on releasing it for VR Users?
Captain007
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Captain007 »

Thanks a lot masterotaku for updating the PCSX2 fix. Really appreciate what you are doing for the community. I tried the fix on 4090 using DX9 mode but it's not working somehow. 3D Vision engages and lights up but the game is in 2D. Any idea? Also when game loads, pressing escape doesn't show the menu, in order to quit the emulator one has to shut it down from task manager. Maybe any nvidia control panel setting, or emulator setting that can be the cause. I tried the older fix on last official driver on a 2080ti and it had same behavior, 3D is on but 2D image.
Captain007
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Captain007 »

So some further troubleshooting, I think changing some settings in Nvidia Profile Inspector can help according to this post viewtopic.php?t=23574
I'm using NVIDIA Profile Inspector 2.4.0.4, but the post is referring to Nvidia Inspector which is a different software, latest version I can find 1.9.8.7.

I have the following settings as pictured in attachment, and I can't find the settings in the post. Do they have different names, or is one software better than the other?
henaleonaab
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by henaleonaab »

While 3D emulation still has a way to go, there are options available for both 3D Vision and Geo11 users. Dolphin and Citra remain the most straightforward choices for native 3D, while tridef3D2Go offers flexibility for other emulators. Keep in mind that compatibility and stability vary depending on the emulator, game, and your specific setup.
am1001
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by am1001 »

Hi. Can someone advise please - I cannot get N64 to work - it shows a SBS image but both left and right are the same - no 3d effect. If I press control-F6 etc the numbers change but the effect does not. I use alt-enter to switch to full screen. thanks
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

am1001 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:39 am Hi. Can someone advise please - I cannot get N64 to work - it shows a SBS image but both left and right are the same - no 3d effect. If I press control-F6 etc the numbers change but the effect does not. I use alt-enter to switch to full screen. thanks
I have a new geo-11 fix in progress (as usual, for the Jabo plugin + dgVoodoo to convert DX8 to DX11). Stay tuned to the blog/discord for that. I haven't touched it for months, but it's better than what I had before. Once I'm done with some other stuff, I may have time for this.
It has per game profiles like my PCSX2 and PPSSPP fixes.
am1001
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by am1001 »

Thanks for the update - look forward to it :) I could not get Nintendo DS to work either. PCX2 is amazing in 3d :)

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”