Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Re: Acer Spatial Labs monitors

Post by Lizzard »

Lysander wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:21 pm I had issues with the new EA app, but eventually it started working. I disabled the overlay and had to start things a few times.
I eventually realized its related to VR. Its sad to see that these platforms are becoming more and more unstable as time goes by. I really miss Windows 8.1.
Share our love for stereoscopic gaming in VR
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... /playlists :anaglyph
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... 5lw/videos :anaglyph
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Lizzard wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:05 pm
helifax wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:40 am Sadly I can't talk for other people :( it is up to them to say what they are up to and what they are doing :) Anything else would mean me violating their privacy so.... :)
what i can say is that i have a display at hand and it's awesome :) I do want to make a few more videos regarding it because I think it deserves it :)
But no, I am not a tester or testing the displays for Acer :) ^_^
That is so sad to hear man. Acer could really have benefited from the input from you experienced gurus!

Btw, I also FINALLY got to your Detroit fix and it truly was a blissful experience so far! I want to upload a full play through on Youtube and was wondering if you would like to make some recommendations? I want to make a recording of everything now to keep the memories alive as software keeps improving and breaking older things. (seems like the new EA app broke all the Origin launches. Andromeda so far lost) The game seems to have many variables that affects the outcome so I dont really know how many times I want to upload different scenarios. But the recordings have improved since I started so I want to retry and upload the first 9 or so chapters.
Sure :) I don't have anything against it :) Be my guest if you want to upload the walkthrough ;) Glad you like the fix :)
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sikejsudjek
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sikejsudjek »

Gordon at PC world seems very impressed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RlQKRMp7RQ
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Angelodark92
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Angelodark92 »

Lysander wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:18 pm
Angelodark92 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:00 am I own the view monitor. Playing sbs games is basically impossible with their SpatialLabs Go app because there is a very noticeable delay, much more than 30ms... Their 3D Ultimate is a whole other story, it's crisp and detailed. It's just that I noticed there is a bit of ghosting on very bright objects when they are against a dark background. I am trying to understand if this is a limitation of the method used or it's just my screen. Model viewer with the 3d astronaut on a black background shows this issue correctly.
Edit:
well there was an update the other day and I forgot to try it out. The delay seems to be almost completely gone and everything is working fine now, except for the slight ghosting on bright objects which is still present. All in all it's a great little monitor though...
Good to hear. Note that the ghosting like you describe is normal with 3D Vision active-shutter tech and most prominent with light objects on dark backgrounds, too. I guess the lenticular tech they use also has that issue. At least this is tech that is currently actively being worked on, so hopefully it'll get better.
Yes, that's correct, I remember having the same issue with my 3D Vision monitor. It's not too distracting, though it changes also depending on the quality of the HDMI cable. I switched to a longer one and I had a different kind of ghosting, then I switched to a dp cable through an adapter and it got even worse. The ghosting was everywhere and there were even some trails behind each object when turning 3D Mode on, just like when a monitor has high persistence.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Atomic Heart now on the 3D Ultra list.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

3DNovice wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:19 am Looking through Steam discussions and on PCGW, I see no mention of the ability to run the game in dx11.
So it would seem that they have a dx12 solution for Atomic Heart.
Has anyone tried it?
Yes I tried it, it runs fine in DX11. Looks great but it had quite some issues to fix with UF UE4 9.12
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbel20
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bobbel20 »

Just wanted to share a brief impression on the Acer Spatial Labs Monitor I received this weekend.
The quality of the 3D image is very good! There is a slight hint of ghosting in some games, but not substantially different from the minor ghosting of my 3D Vision 2 setup.

The few geo11 fixed games I tested yet, seem to mostly work well. It is key to use the upscaling=1 option to bring the output resolution to 4K which is required to initiate the 3D mode.

Very happy with the purchase!
kakashisensei
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kakashisensei »

What 3d format does this support? I am guessing just sbs. I'd love to be able to use tridef, 3dv+3dmigoto, geo11, etc... and not just be limited to their proprietary driver for this to work.

Asus has oled panels for their new 3d. I hope they make a standalone monitor instead of just sticking it with the laptops. Infinite contrast makes a big difference.

Just started to use the "ar" glasses like the rokid max as my go to 3d display. No ghosting, very bright, oled screens. But with using lenses/glasses, it will not be as comfortable and more strain on the eyes. And you only get 1920x1200 resolution per eye. With these spatial displays, looks like you get full 4k vertical resolution per eye, but only half the horizontal. Hah just when I thought I found my 3d solution for years to come, another option arises.
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

Just started to use the "ar" glasses like the rokid max as my go to 3d display.
I'm considering buying the rokid max, but worry about the low fov. I kind of want it to be closer to my eyes for a wider fov. i'm also thinking about getting some sort of oled monitor to use 3d vision with. I just got a vr headset, it should be somewhat 3d gaming capable. Prices for oled monitors seems to be coming down, at least the oled tvs aren't as epensive anymore. Having a wider FOV should be better with 3d content.
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

treeeddd wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:27 pm
I'm considering buying the rokid max, but worry about the low fov. I kind of want it to be closer to my eyes for a wider fov. i'm also thinking about getting some sort of oled monitor to use 3d vision with. I just got a vr headset, it should be somewhat 3d gaming capable. Prices for oled monitors seems to be coming down, at least the oled tvs aren't as epensive anymore. Having a wider FOV should be better with 3d content.
Is there anyway to increase convergence with using reshade/superdepth with either virtual desktop/VR, or the rokid /nreal glasses? Trying to get D4 to look decent using virtual desktop and the quest 2 with reshade and its entirely flat to the extent that I am not even bothering to use it. I've adjusted some of the settings in reshade/superdepth and have not found anything that gives it any noticeable depth (i.e. compared to 3d vision/geometry 3D etc w/ vorpX etc). The Nreal glasses were comfortable but if its just Z-3D not sure I will bother with them.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

You're probably new to Superdepth, and it does not help that this shader doesn't make it clear whether or not you've "triggered" the correct depth buffer. By default, when you turn the shader on, it still activates a shallow depth. I would prefer to have totally zero depth/screen displacement, until the depth buffer is activated.

So you need to play around with the settings, get more experienced, and try to find the depth buffer. Then you'll be in gaming Nirvana. Nowadays it takes me about 30 seconds tops to find the buffer.
Check the discord as well, in case there are people sharing their settings for Diablo 4, I don't have the game. But in time you will learn to play around with the settings and find the nice depth quickly.
https://discord.com/channels/305472403977404416/

Also, there might be another scenario (though less likely, since I've seen people on discord mention that Diablo 4 works fine): the depth buffer might be blocked by the online activity. In the "AddOn" tab you might see something like "the depth buffer is unavailable due to high network activity". In this case, you will not be able to trigger the 3D properly, until that message disappears.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Posted this in the SD3D Discord... thought I would share here as well.

So... just picked up an Acer SL 3D monitor a few days ago and have been testing various things. One of the cool features of the software suite that drives the thing, Spataillabs Experience, is that, via Spatiallabs Go, it can stereoize almost any content, 2D or monoscopic 3D (in SBS.) When coupled with SD3D or Geo-11, it can be really impressive - paticularly with SD3D as the haloing effect can be dramatically reduced. In fact, there are some games that I have tested where I have to really make a point of squinting to look for the halos... LOL. Horizon Zero Dawn, for example, looks absolutely amazing. The REAL bonus to all of this, however, is that you don't need SD3D or Geo-11 to generate S3D. So, I gave it a go with TLOU and it works! S3D without SD3D. No crashes and excellent performance. Of course, the depth is not quite as, well... deep as with SD3D, but it is a heck of a lot better than flat. I would think at some point, the folks working on the Go software will take the training wheels off of this feature and let us crank up the depth but, until then, it does a pretty decent job of stereoizing games that, for whatever reason, can't generate SBS images. Heck, I even got depth on the Xbox Series X cloud version of MLB the Show 23 running via Gamepass Ultimate. It was completely unplayable, as the frame rate dropped drastically, but the 3D worked.

And God of War is simply amazing in 3D Ultra.
kakashisensei
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kakashisensei »

greg02 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:34 pm
treeeddd wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:27 pm
Is there anyway to increase convergence with using reshade/superdepth with either virtual desktop/VR, or the rokid /nreal glasses? Trying to get D4 to look decent using virtual desktop and the quest 2 with reshade and its entirely flat to the extent that I am not even bothering to use it. I've adjusted some of the settings in reshade/superdepth and have not found anything that gives it any noticeable depth (i.e. compared to 3d vision/geometry 3D etc w/ vorpX etc). The Nreal glasses were comfortable but if its just Z-3D not sure I will bother with them.
I had this complaint too when using 3d in VR headsets. Couldn't get the same convergence feeling as with 3dtvs or other 3d setups. Someone mentioned increase the world scale in steam vr settings. I haven't tried that though, too busy playing 3d instead on a rokid max.

As for reshade/superdepth3d. There are are several sliders below the main 3d one. They have two sliders per row. I forget what it is called. But those affect convergence for me, when I use superdepth with genshin impact.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark_saiyens
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dark_saiyens »

3DNovice wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:59 am Lenova is also offering a 4K 27 inch model now that is expected to be available in January 2024 for $2999.00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDWx6-kbHP0 ThinkVision 27 3D Monitor Product Tour
Wow thanks for sharing this information !
It looks nice but unfortunatelly it is not for gaming... Maybe gaming 3D monitors are coming back in 2025 with that kind of technology ?
+ it would be great to have an universal fix or 3D drivers a bit like OPENXR for VR...
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Dark_saiyens
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dark_saiyens »

3DNovice wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:50 pm
Dark_saiyens wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:01 am Wow thanks for sharing this information !
It looks nice but unfortunatelly it is not for gaming... Maybe gaming 3D monitors are coming back in 2025 with that kind of technology ?
+ it would be great to have an universal fix or 3D drivers a bit like OPENXR for VR...

I'm not sure, exactly what you mean by that, I doubt that it could have worse specs than the Acer ASV15-1B with it's 30 ms Response Time and 323 Nit Brightness

I can see a lawsuit for Lenovo in the foreseeable future with that deceptive video. They make it look like it's a hologram with 180 degrees of viewing angle,
there is no way that you could possibly observe the image shown at 0:18. Even in 2D, that is a horrible viewing angle regardless that it has an IPS panel.
I think it would be the same as Acer ASV15-N with 30ms input lagg and he got almost the same nits: 310. Input lagg is probably related to eye tracking and everything around it. It is playble to have 30ms, it is better than my OLED 65C6V !
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Dark_saiyens
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dark_saiyens »

3DNovice wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:49 am Acer announces the SpatialLabs View Pro 27 (ASV27-2P), available for purchase in Q1 2024.
160 Hz refresh rate, 400 nits brightness, Delta E< 2 color accuracy, 100% Adobe RGB color gamut
Optimized 3D for Extremely Low Light Settings

https://www.acer.com/us-en/monitors/spa ... iew-pro-27

https://news.acer.com/new-acer-spatiall ... xperiences

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acmGEovxgEw
Wow it seems REALLY good. But i think there is a bit input lagg, they don't even mention Gaming in their articles.
But it could be the very first one monitor for a new era for 3d gaming :D
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

armyofbile
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by armyofbile »

With the proper hardware i.e. 2000 RTX or older & 3d vision setup and a spatial labs monitor.

Is it possible to force anything supported by the old nvidia 3d vision only. (3dmigoto)

I ask because I only play Destiny 2 & been on a separate 3d account for 2 years now.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”