Self promotion of cyberholidays.com.au

Basicam
One Eyed Hopeful

Self promotion of cyberholidays.com.au

Post by Basicam »

Hi MTBS folks, this is a self promotion of my 'professionally' home made 3D videos for sale cheaply at www.cyberholidays.com.au , which is now hosted by Smug Mug. I pay, so you don't have to endure adds and pop ups.

I joined MTBS nearly 10 years ago now, when 3D TV was growing as the supposedly next big thing, before glasses confusion and expense turned people away to HD, UHD, 4K, 8K, etc., and occulus was a prototype. Back then things looked great for 3D TV, with some Hollywood 3D movies available, and with digital cameras available more cheaply. Computers and edit programmes were better, although expensive, and more variety of codecs and file types available to use.
I made some posts on here around 2013, with occulus suggestions, and of my research for 3D useful cameras and equipment. Then I developed my own rigs using cheap domestic cameras, analogue and digital, and went out filming, followed by the drudgery of editing, editing, viewing, re editing, etc.
I went from head / helmet mounted cameras to a backpack frame mounted system, eliminating most of the fast head turning blurrs. The videos went on my website for sale, but the massive expense of my host curtailed my library, and with a small selection available, and very few copies sold, it basically sent me broke. I re grouped, changed hosts, re edited some videos to suit the new restrictions, and digitised some old analogue clips for use.

Now I have all of my 3D videos available, a few dozen, also many single vision videos, and some photos, since Smug Mug is set up for photos as well. Mostly filmed with 2 of JVC Addixion XA-2 cameras, @ 720p30, edited with natural sound, no music, and minimal talking, showing bushwalking in the Adelaide Hills of South Australia, the Adelaide coastline, cycling alongside a river, waterfalls etc., mostly nature. They are 3D SbS (not cross eyed or anaglyph), between 1GB and 3GB for up to 20 minutes each, (the Smug Mug limit), so not huge to download. Ready for 'Cardboard' type viewers, and whatever else can show digital videos. They can be viewed on TV as cross eyed, but it's not optimal unless you have trained your eyes.
The shorts can be viewed for free on the site, and the bottom of the site has an email address if you have any queries, suggestions, etc. I don't check it often, so don't hold your breath.

I still have and use my 3D backpack mounted setup, and JVC Addixion XA-2 cameras, in conjunction with a single digital SLR on monopod, Zoom H6 audio recorder, and a lithium car jump starter battery for power. With that setup I have bushwalked, cycled, rock climbed, caving, hunting, and more. If you look for my shadows, you may see the frame, cameras, and fluffy stereo mike on top.

It seems like very few people get into 3D these days, so I hope you enjoy my videos.
Weale
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Self promotion of cyberholidays.com.au

Post by Weale »

You did your job very well. You've got amazing 3D designs. baldi's basics Nice to meet you.
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Self promotion of cyberholidays.com.au

Post by UnityBeing »

Nice to meet you, I will definitely check your 3D photos out now that I'm sorted with a new 3D half-backed system. Keep well and keep us updated. Please post more. Stay safe and healthy.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”