Which active shutter glasses and IR transmitter should I use to do active 3D stereo with a custom vulkan program

Alan
One Eyed Hopeful

Which active shutter glasses and IR transmitter should I use to do active 3D stereo with a custom vulkan program

Post by Alan »

For a university research project, I am creating a small vulkan rendering engine in Java, that would do active 3d rendering. I currently have the code in place that does multiview rendering to generate the left and right images, and can display them one after the other. My plan is to manually manage the timing between when the two left and right frames are displayed, and sync it up with an IR or RF transmitter that my program could signal, which would in turn sync the glasses with the displayed frames.

But the issue is, I am not able to find any pair of glasses and IR/RF transmitters that are not discontinued. I found some NVidia 3d vision alternative kits on Amazon for 250USD, but NVidia 3D vision does not support Vulkan, and it has been discontinued by NVidia so I do not want to use a technology that is obsolete.

I was thinking about buying 3d glasses that have their IR protocols implementations open to the public, and using an arduino IR transmitter to manually implement the transmission protocol and hopefully get the glasses to sync up with my program.

Do you guys have any ideas as for how I should go about this problem?

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”