General state of Stereo 3D today

subwoofa
Two Eyed Hopeful

General state of Stereo 3D today

Post by subwoofa »

Since using Helixmod's 3D Fix manager, I've been able to continue gaming in Stereo 3D with 3D Vision for a while now. I gather that 3D Vision is simply unavailable on any modern hardware, nor does nVidia support any stereoscopic gaming outside of VR headsets running VR-enabled applications and games.

Is it correct to conclude then that my only option for playing these older games in Stereo 3D is to preserve this machine, monitor, and glasses I've been using, without updating any drivers, for eternity? Or have I missed some new technology, driver, or software that replaces 3D Vision and thus enabling compatible monitors? Or perhaps enables us to use these VR headsets with otherwise incompatible games?

I've gaming in stereo since about 2004 I think, with various glasses and expensive CRT monitors, always impressed that somehow nVidia had kept up with that stereo driver code. When 3D Vision came out I was a little disappointed that I needed new hardware but at least it still worked. Now I'm wondering if anyone is still carrying the torch somewhere into the future or is it just people like HelixMod working to preserve what already exists.
:shutter
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: General state of Stereo 3D today

Post by UnityBeing »

Vulkan 3D driver by helifax and Geo: https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2022/06/a ... river.html are what's keeping the 3D vision helixmod community alive atm. You should check geo link and read comments. 3D vision is alive and well in my home with a 9900k 5.2ghz and 2080ti xtrio. My gaming days are coming to an end, after 33 years of gaming and 12 years of 3D vision I'm burned out. Only game keeping me kinda awake is my invested Star Citizen which is okish but still impressive in fidelity, it will convert to vulkan and I hope Helifax creates a fix for it so I game it in 3D vision if my pc lasts that long.

So yes, 3D vision is alive and well with helixmod community and shaderhackers and the shaderhackers are over the moon with geo. The geo fixed my 3 core bug in Days Gone but it needs more polishing.

If you want to invest in a 3D vision and 2D gaming power house buy a 9900k and settle with a second hand well looked after 2080ti xtrio or some beefy cooler model. My 2080ti xtrio is a gold silicon lottery and I get 5900 points in superposition 8k benchmark while a 3070 ti gets 5600 points and a 3070 normal gets 5500 points.

I'm happy with helixmod 3D vision community and you should join us in discord: https://discord.gg/vuRuG8F5

Also if you want the best of the best 3D monitor try get a second well looked after pg278qr, it's a monster beefy high quality 3D vision, gsynch, 1440p and 165hz monitor.

Good luck.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”