New geo-11 driver

bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: New geo-11 driver

Post by bo3bber »

Small update to new version v0.6.24, fixes some crashes in different games. Probably not worse.

There is a new experimental async regex mode that Dave added, which helps with stuttering when shaders are converted and cached. It is on by default, but we don't have enough experience yet to say it's always better. If you want to experiment, you can set the .ini vars and try it out. Please let us know bad or good to help inform how we post this. Probably best to add these under d3dxdm.ini Device section.

As noted, the default is now shader_regex_patch_mode =4, so if you have problems with this update, add this under [Device] section and set shader_regex_patch_mode =0.

New asynchronous shader_regex_patch_mode's ([Device] variable) :
  • shader_regex_patch_mode = 0; //synchronous pcre2 regex applied on first draw (this was the existing default value)
  • shader_regex_patch_mode = 1; //synchronous pcre2 regex applied on shader creation (this was an existing alternative)
  • shader_regex_patch_mode = 2; //pcre2 regex will be applied at the first draw on a background thread and the patched shader picked up once cached to disk at some future draw
  • shader_regex_patch_mode = 3; //pcre2 regex will be applied at shader creation on a background thread and the patched shader picked up once cached to disk at some future draw
  • shader_regex_patch_mode = 4; //chimera (falling back to pcre2 for certain patterns) regex will be applied at first draw on a background thread and the patched shader picked up once cached to disk at some future draw (this is the new default value)
  • shader_regex_patch_mode = 5; //chimera (falling back to pcre2 for certain patterns) regex will be applied at shader creation on a background thread and the patched shader picked up once cached to disk at some future draw
The async modes avoid the insane stutter/lockups when using shader regex, instead we get delayed shader fixes the first time a shader is encountered. (This means you will get graphic/stereo glitches now instead of stutter.)

I haven't properly profiled the difference, but just using a timer and measuring how long it takes the new chimera modes to resolve all shaders in a scene, its roughly 5x faster than pcre2.

For the async modes I have created a new [Device] ini variable shader_regex_thread_pool_num which controls the number threads we use in the background.
  • shader_regex_thread_pool_num = -1 (the thread_pool object is from the boost library, and setting it to -1 will let boost pick the number of threads.)
  • shader_regex_thread_pool_num = 0 (geo-11 will decide the number of threads in the thread_pool based on cpu count.)
  • shader_regex_thread_pool_num = n (Any other value will override. )
shader_regex_thread_pool_num doesn't seem to make much different in the chimera modes, but I have found a higher number of threads will speed up shader resolution in the pcre2 modes at the cost of increased stutter.

shader_regex_patch_mode = 5 will be the best option for most games (broken shaders are more quickly resolved), but there are currently issues with games that load the entire shader set on launch (e.g Batman Arkham Knight), where unacceptable launch delays can occur in mode 5., so I've therefore made mode 4 the default.

I've briefly looked into the Batman Arkham Knight launch issue with mode 5, and I think its basically saturating the external hard drive I'm loading the game from (as its caching so much shader regex data) so the fact that we are using background threads doesn't help. I've thought of a way around this, but, at this point, think I will come back to it at a later date as there are probably higher priorities now given the new async modes largely sort the issue.
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

Is there a thread or website with a continuously updated list - sort of like the Helix 3D fixes website - showing what games work in 3D Vision with Geo-11 and RTX 3000 (and later) graphics cards? I'm itching to buy a used 3080 Ti but only if it works with NV 3DV.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

spin1 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:03 am Is there a thread or website with a continuously updated list - sort of like the Helix 3D fixes website - showing what games work in 3D Vision with Geo-11 and RTX 3000 (and later) graphics cards? I'm itching to buy a used 3080 Ti but only if it works with NV 3DV.
The driver is still in developmemt and Support latest GPU drivers and cards more than the rest. So for the future more games should be supported. There is a post here in the forum about currently tested games working on later cards than rtx 2080ti.
djgrege
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by djgrege »

spin1 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:03 am Is there a thread or website with a continuously updated list - sort of like the Helix 3D fixes website - showing what games work in 3D Vision with Geo-11 and RTX 3000 (and later) graphics cards? I'm itching to buy a used 3080 Ti but only if it works with NV 3DV.
3DJ made this list here which may help you. You can filter on the "wrapper" column for Geo-11. I personally use a 3080 Ti and it has been working fine in the limited games I've been playing.

https://airtable.com/shrIBpAVCHQm8Ao0t/ ... qwD1ksRcLw
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

I have been reading this forum only a few in the last days and probably I am wrong, but I suspect that the behavior of Geo-11 is not the same with different hardware and using different graphic driver ??

I mean, maybe somebody using Nvidia 3D Vision glasses (forced to use an old driver) may experience some problems with an specific game, and maybe those problems don't occur when playing the same game with a 3xxx graphic card and new drivers.

If this is true, it is a bit difficult to make a reliable list of working Geo-11 titles for everybody.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
Dazzawill
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dazzawill »

My experience is that everything that works with old drivers works on new drivers. The only games that don't work are ones that have an issue with Geo-11 implementation, such as crashing, or missing effects etc. Ive done a lot of testing and I only have a handful of games that are unplayable. At this early stage it has an amazingly high success rate in my opinion. It has been an absolute game changer for us all moving into the future.
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

Yes but what about the success rate of DX9 games instead of DX11?
Dazzawill
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dazzawill »

DX9 only works with 3DTV play for me, as I don't have 3D Vision Hardware. Dx9 is still supported on latest drivers if you do.
Poligraphovich
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Poligraphovich »

Hello. It is KENA Bridge of Spirits. Top and Botton. I have 2 images up and down in borderless window. It is OK now. But when i mix them on my TV i have two pictures near each other (not a single 3d image). What have i done wrong now?
Снимок экрана (38).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boblenon
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Boblenon »

Dazzawill wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:39 am My experience is that everything that works with old drivers works on new drivers. The only games that don't work are ones that have an issue with Geo-11 implementation, such as crashing, or missing effects etc. Ive done a lot of testing and I only have a handful of games that are unplayable. At this early stage it has an amazingly high success rate in my opinion. It has been an absolute game changer for us all moving into the future.
Is it worth spending on 3XXX cards ? Is there any future potential for improvement so that it works everywhere and even on direct 12 games as red redemption 2 ?

And Is it worth putting it on steam to fund the dev team as helixvision ?
Dazzawill
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dazzawill »

Personally, I dont intend to or see a need to upgrade GPU but I did want to move to latest drivers for game specific issues and improvements. The only thing holding me back from that was 3D Vision. The fact you dont really need it now and you can achieve huge gains in performance in 3D with Geo11 is a win win for me and Im sure others. As for DX12 its not on the table, as the devs said its a whole new ball game and aint gonna happen anytime soon. So I just use Re-sade for DX12 and it too benefits from latest drivers.
TanookiPhoenix
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by TanookiPhoenix »

Wake me up when frame sequential is available for geo 11
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

TanookiPhoenix wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:19 pm Wake me up when frame sequential is available for geo 11
Frame sequential is already available.
VR3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by VR3D »

bo3bber wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:44 pm
TanookiPhoenix wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:19 pm Wake me up when frame sequential is available for geo 11
Guess that's what happens when you sleep through all the excitement of geo 11.
i7 9700K, RTX 3080, LG Passive 4K, XReal Air
TanookiPhoenix
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by TanookiPhoenix »

bo3bber wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:44 pm
Sorry whaat? Lol
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Updated version to Version v0.6.38:

Documentation for experimental regex modes.
DX11 SwapChain and Present overrides now possible via d3dx.ini
More compatibility with games, and fixing crashes.
Improved nvidia_dx9 output working on more games.
Experimental allow_platform_update=2 mode to not return errors to games.
Added [Stereo] var to allow finer control over steroization.

This version will be quite a lot more compatible with different games, and some scenarios that were not possible can now be tweaked using the d3dx.ini flags in [Device] for the dx11 game output. You can change it to force triple-buffering for example, or change the output mode from Discard to Flip_Discard, which can allow 3D to be enabled in nvidia_dx11 and nvidia_dx9 modes. Every parameter that is evenly remotely logical to be tweaked is now available, commented out by default. You will probably need to read the Microsoft docs to understand these.

Unity 2019 games that were crashing now work. The fix for Prey now works. DX9 output mode should work better in most cases, and you can now experiment with dx11 game output modes that can help.

This version does not have extensive testing, barely used in fact. So please let us know if stuff is broken that worked before.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

puzzabug had found and posted HDMI 1.4 documentation and posted a link
viewtopic.php?p=177759#p177759

I've no idea if it is useful to you, but figured I'd mention it, since it would likely make things plug and play in a stand alone version.

Perhaps as Devs, you could get updated HDMI releases for VR and such, since USB-C "Virtual Link"/"Alt Mode" seems to have been dropped for HMDs

https://www.roadtovr.com/virtuallink-co ... abandoned/
Boblenon
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Boblenon »

cmode works ? chimera squad or tomclancy wildlands breakpoint for example ?
tadpole
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tadpole »

bo3bber wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:27 am Updated version to Version v0.6.38:
Many thanks for this amazing app and the regular updates! :)
Just a quick question - how far away is getting interlaced mode to work on the road map?
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

tadpole wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:23 am
bo3bber wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:27 am Updated version to Version v0.6.38:
Many thanks for this amazing app and the regular updates! :)
Just a quick question - how far away is getting interlaced mode to work on the road map?
I would say not far, outside of the fact that neither me nor Dave know what all it takes. If it just alternating lines without any other header or trailer, I can do that part in a week or so. I'll be taking a look in any case, as I already know how to add the reversed modes that are currently missing.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

I mentioned this to Helifax on the old forums for his OpenGL wrapper, but the guy that did Stereo Quake added Line Interlaced

https://www.gamedev.net/blog/161/entry- ... -renderer/
By drawing a mask to the stencil buffer before rendering one can easily add "interleaved" modes
https://www.benryves.com/products/stereoquake/

Perhaps DirectX has something similar?
tadpole
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tadpole »

bo3bber wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:09 amI would say not far, outside of the fact that neither me nor Dave know what all it takes. If it just alternating lines without any other header or trailer, I can do that part in a week or so. I'll be taking a look in any case, as I already know how to add the reversed modes that are currently missing.
That's great news! Many thanks! :)
Zerofool
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zerofool »

bo3bber wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:09 am If it just alternating lines without any other header or trailer, I can do that part in a week or so. I'll be taking a look in any case, as I already know how to add the reversed modes that are currently missing.
3DNovice wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:30 am I mentioned this to Helifax on the old forums for his OpenGL wrapper, but the guy that did Stereo Quake added Line Interlaced

https://www.gamedev.net/blog/161/entry- ... -renderer/
By drawing a mask to the stencil buffer before rendering one can easily add "interleaved" modes
https://www.benryves.com/products/stereoquake/

Perhaps DirectX has something similar?
This reminded me that the iZ3D driver had interlaced output (as well as an optimized variant, which looked better on aliased content, and also DLP checkerboard output), so maybe the source code can help you guys with your own implementation of those modes into geo-11. Keep us posted ;)

I'd like to take the opportunity to also mention an issue with the TAB and SBS outputs on certain resolutions which I'm not sure got much attention - I made a thread about it. I would gladly provide more info or test something if needed.
nV 3DTV Play, Geo-11, Tridef on 2014 55" Samsung H7000 (aka H7150) @ 1080p60 Checkerboard-3D | Valve Index | RTX 2080Ti, i7-6700K, 32GB 3200CL14, 1+2TB SSDs | Win10 v2004 | DAN A4-SFX | G27
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hey guys,

Is there a way we can change the dumped shaders from ASM to HLSL?? If not please can we get that in a future release possibly? I have a fix fopr arma3 but it was for HLSL and I can not just transfer the old code into the new code as it is incompatible and I would need to make the entire fix all over when I really should not have to??
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Losti

Post by Losti »

The_Nephilim wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:48 pm Hey guys,

Is there a way we can change the dumped shaders from ASM to HLSL?? If not please can we get that in a future release possibly? I have a fix fopr arma3 but it was for HLSL and I can not just transfer the old code into the new code as it is incompatible and I would need to make the entire fix all over when I really should not have to??
More and more shaders are not without errors in HLSL and RegEx is not possible for HLSL. So HLSL is not a good idea at all for full fixes.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Losti wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:25 pm

More and more shaders are not without errors in HLSL and RegEx is not possible for HLSL. So HLSL is not a good idea at all for full fixes.
Ahh, I see then I guess it would have to be written in the code of Geo-11 and not as easy as making an ini adjustment to dump it as HLSL?? If that is the case I am going to have to look into some ASM code to figure out how to fix those codes..

I seen Bo3b shaderhacker school and that really only covered a few fixes I guess I can restart with those.. Thank you Losti for the explanation..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
BazzaLB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by BazzaLB »

The_Nephilim wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:27 pm
Ahh, I see then I guess it would have to be written in the code of Geo-11 and not as easy as making an ini adjustment to dump it as HLSL?? If that is the case I am going to have to look into some ASM code to figure out how to fix those codes..

I seen Bo3b shaderhacker school and that really only covered a few fixes I guess I can restart with those.. Thank you Losti for the explanation..
A good deal of the really useful stuff is on the old geforce forums and half the links on helixblog GUIDES don't really direct back to them properly. Good luck. If you come across anything talking about Halo removal and shadow fixing, let me know :)
11900K/3080 - Vive Pro - Sony 3DTV
Losti

Post by Losti »

The_Nephilim wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:27 pm

I can just tell you its the same in general but a bit to consider and other Syntax. Just Ping me at discord and i can tell you.
theadzter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by theadzter »

I tested Rocket League, Battlefield4 & Bioshock Infinite.

Rocket League goes into SBS, but the image is 'out' somehow on my vr hmd. I would say it's convergence but no amount of messing with the separation and/or convergence corrects it. I'm not sure if I should be adding any settings in the .ini.

Battlefield 4 goes into SBS, but the image is 2D, regardless.

Bioshock Infinite crashes.

Also. If I used desktop viewer in Vorpx, Rocket League was a jittery slideshow despite it being smooth on my monitor. Whereas Virtual Desktop didn't have an issue.
sgsrules
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by sgsrules »

Does anyone have geo-11 working using a 3dVision setup on drivers newer than 452.06?

So far the only way I've gotten it to work on the games I've tested (Witcher 3, and a ton of UE4 games) was to use driver 452.06 installed via 3d fix manager along with the 3dVision driver, and using dx9 mode for geo-11. When I try to use dx11 mode I get a black screen, I can hear audio and if I disable 3d I get video.

I haven't had any success on newer drivers in either dx9 or dx11(obviously) modes. I suspect it might be a 3DVision driver issue. Normally when things work, my 3DVision IR blaster has the green nvidia logo dimly lit all the time, and when 3d kicks on it get's bright. When i installed newer drivers like 516 and then installed the 3dvision driver using the 3dfix manager, the ir blaster turns on (dimly lit) for a while and then eventually shuts off completely, I never see it get bright like it does when 3d actually kicks in. I have to unplug it and replug it back in for it to light back up but that only lasts for a few minutes and 3d never kick on. What's the correct process to install 3dVision drivers on newer driver, i suspect 3dfix manager isn't working.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

tadpole wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:20 am
bo3bber wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:09 amI would say not far, outside of the fact that neither me nor Dave know what all it takes. If it just alternating lines without any other header or trailer, I can do that part in a week or so. I'll be taking a look in any case, as I already know how to add the reversed modes that are currently missing.
That's great news! Many thanks! :)
Check the thread: viewtopic.php?t=26380

Petermg had the very good observation that this already exists in 3Dmigoto, and works to create interlaced using the SBS shader that is already there. Should be a good workaround for now.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

I'll be adding this back in a few days I think. It's not always successful to use HLSL but when it works or can be hand fixed it's still a decent option.

That's not quite accurate. For people who only care about the very latest games, then I'd agree that HLSL is not going to work for them. But I personally have a strong preference for older games, and in older games the HLSL can be very good. A game like Arma 3 is a good candidate.

I don't think it will ever make sense to bring regex to HLSL, but being allowed to dump the shaders and try to use them is functionality we should not just abandon.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

sgsrules wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:05 pm Does anyone have geo-11 working using a 3dVision setup on drivers newer than 452.06?

So far the only way I've gotten it to work on the games I've tested (Witcher 3, and a ton of UE4 games) was to use driver 452.06 installed via 3d fix manager along with the 3dVision driver, and using dx9 mode for geo-11. When I try to use dx11 mode I get a black screen, I can hear audio and if I disable 3d I get video.

I haven't had any success on newer drivers in either dx9 or dx11(obviously) modes. I suspect it might be a 3DVision driver issue. Normally when things work, my 3DVision IR blaster has the green nvidia logo dimly lit all the time, and when 3d kicks on it get's bright. When i installed newer drivers like 516 and then installed the 3dvision driver using the 3dfix manager, the ir blaster turns on (dimly lit) for a while and then eventually shuts off completely, I never see it get bright like it does when 3d actually kicks in. I have to unplug it and replug it back in for it to light back up but that only lasts for a few minutes and 3d never kick on. What's the correct process to install 3dVision drivers on newer driver, i suspect 3dfix manager isn't working.
This is working for me in a number of games. I just tested Dead Rising using nvidia_dx9 on driver 516.59 and it worked well. I used HelixVision to install the 3D Vision Driver. 3DFM should do the same.

Two things worth knowing that are on the blog post:
1) nvidia_dx11 mode currently only works when *windowed*. I think black screen is an output problem I saw from that.
2) nvidia_dx9 mode only works when *exclusive fullscreen*. After 452.06 no windowed modes will start in 3D.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

theadzter wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:38 am I tested Rocket League, Battlefield4 & Bioshock Infinite.

Rocket League goes into SBS, but the image is 'out' somehow on my vr hmd. I would say it's convergence but no amount of messing with the separation and/or convergence corrects it. I'm not sure if I should be adding any settings in the .ini.

Battlefield 4 goes into SBS, but the image is 2D, regardless.

Bioshock Infinite crashes.

Also. If I used desktop viewer in Vorpx, Rocket League was a jittery slideshow despite it being smooth on my monitor. Whereas Virtual Desktop didn't have an issue.
We'd like people to find threads for specific games and add their experiences to those. If one does not exist, please make a new one for bug reports. Otherwise everything gets lost in the noise.

Someone else reported that RocketLeague was working for them. Is it possible that the 3D is wrong eyes? Showing inside-out? Make sure you aren't running other stuff that might interfere like reshade or vorpx when it's running.

BI has a known bad shader in the fix file, on some systems. Read the comments to find out about it. Also for debugging purposes, it's always worth removing a fix altogether, and trying the vanilla geo-11 with SBS as simplest and most likely to work. That helps to narrow down where the problem lies.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

bo3bber wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:36 pm

I'll be adding this back in a few days I think. It's not always successful to use HLSL but when it works or can be hand fixed it's still a decent option.

That's not quite accurate. For people who only care about the very latest games, then I'd agree that HLSL is not going to work for them. But I personally have a strong preference for older games, and in older games the HLSL can be very good. A game like Arma 3 is a good candidate.

I don't think it will ever make sense to bring regex to HLSL, but being allowed to dump the shaders and try to use them is functionality we should not just abandon.
Thank you Bo3b will look forward to the new release with the fix..
tadpole
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tadpole »

bo3bber wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:31 pmCheck the thread: viewtopic.php?t=26380

Petermg had the very good observation that this already exists in 3Dmigoto, and works to create interlaced using the SBS shader that is already there. Should be a good workaround for now.
This is a great workaround. Thank you, and thanks to Petermg too :)
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Does the use of SBS shader reduce resolution for interlaced displays? Since interlaced displays like passive LG 4K TVs ALWAYS eliminate half of the vertical pixels, they should never use standard SBS 3D data formats, which also eliminate half of the horizontal pixels. Note that TAB format does not require interlace format conversion, since all interlaced displays natively perform this trivial conversion.

Does the SBS shader delete half of the horizontal data, or does it frame-pack (preserve) all data?
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

whyme466 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:00 am Does the use of SBS shader reduce resolution for interlaced displays? Since interlaced displays like passive LG 4K TVs ALWAYS eliminate half of the vertical pixels, they should never use standard SBS 3D data formats, which also eliminate half of the horizontal pixels. Note that TAB format does not require interlace format conversion, since all interlaced displays natively perform this trivial conversion.

Does the SBS shader delete half of the horizontal data, or does it frame-pack (preserve) all data?
Deletes half of the data when it is converted to fit on the main display. Unless some code can pick up the images before they are squeezed into the SBS output, you lose half the resolution, sort of. Sort of, because that downsampling step will be quite a lot better than just a strict loss of half the res, because the antialiasing has the original data to work with.

We don't have any support right now for frame packing, because it's a terrible format overall, and unless you are really stuck there is no reason to use something that bad. We don't plan to add this or anaglyph, because it seems like a waste of engineering time.

Interlaced output is coming soon, Dave has already integrated new shaders, and we'll make a build either today or tomorrow. Will include all the _reverse modes, and also checkerboard. Not at all tested- because we don't have any of these displays, but it'll be a start.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Updated version to Version v0.6.56:

Interlaced and CheckerBoard modes added.
All _reverse modes added, e.g. sbs_reversed, interlaced_reversed.
BattleField 3 working in experimental 3D spoofing. No settings needed.
Upscaling fixes.
allow_platform_update=2 allows any SwapChain now. Helps 2022 Unity.
Fix exit crashes for UE4 in nvidia_dx9.
SyncInterval and Flags now available to override.

This version does not have extensive testing, barely used in fact. So please let us know if stuff is broken that worked before.

In particular, we don't have any way to test interlaced or checkerboard modes.

BattleField 3 was a 3D Vision Ready game, and Dave has created a way to make geo-11 pretend that it is 3D Vision, so the game will create the 3D images. The normal output modes work, nvidia_dx9 and nvidia_dx11 are not sure to work. Just drop the x32 version of the geo-11 files into game folder and it will work, no settings. (Before you ask- Tomb Raider is being tested, but doesn't yet work.)

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”