Request: a Sony A80J 55" OLED EDID for Nvidia 3D Stereo Vision

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
mataz
One Eyed Hopeful

Request: a Sony A80J 55" OLED EDID for Nvidia 3D Stereo Vision

Post by mataz »

Hello,

I have an RTX2080ti NVLink(SLI) PC with Nvidia 3D Stereo Vision and an LG W263D monitor. Since LG W263D monitor only accepts 1080p@120hz from DVI, I had to buy a CLUB3d DisplayPort to DVI adapter. Now it is all installed and working but I get extreme gosting towards the top half of the screen, caused, I suppose, by a time delay introduced by the CLUB3d adapter. The bottom of the screen is ok in stereo.

I recently bought a Sony A80J 55" OLED, that I run 4k@120Hz (RTX2080ti's HDMI 2.0. can do it in 4:2:0). I's nice for gaming.
The Sony A80J can also do 1080p@120Hz so I would like to use it for 3d Stereo Vision. So I started installing EDID .inf from monitors in the hope that one would work. I tried the EDID from the LG W263D, Asus VG278H, Sony-KDL55HX729, with no success.
Installing on the Sony A80J the EDID from the Sony KDL55HX729 EDID it did show left/right POV alternation flickering... but only at low refresh rate and the glasses did not sync at all :(

Any help is welcomed.

Thanks

Nice forum btw, you are the best!
mataz
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Request: a Sony A80J 55" OLED EDID for Nvidia 3D Stereo Vision

Post by mataz »

I managed to get it to work.
Nvidia 3D Stereo Vision 2 on the SONY A80J OLED 55" on an updated Win10Pro 21H2!
I have tested it on Grand Theft Auto Online. (Don't use the "Install 3d wrapper" for this game in 3D Fix Manager. It's not needed and the ingame-anticheat detects it and prevents you from going online).

Software I used:

-3DFixManager (The most important one, awesome software!)
-Monitor Asset Manager 2.9 (To edit EDID)
-CRU Custom Resolution utility 1.4
-Advanced3DVConfig

I fiddled around so much with the configurations that I cannot reproduce the exact configuration/EDID, sorry about that.

It often does not start in stereo correctly and the timing needs adjustment There is VERY BAD ghosting, probably a timing issue. I hope to fix the ghosting later using this tool:

-NVTimingsEd

(I have the similar ghosting problems on the old LG W263D monitor)

The eyes are inverted on the SONY A80J OLED, I might be able to fix it using NVTimings. For now I use the glasses upside-down. As if I did not look enoughf quirky and stupid wearing them straight! :woot Anyways there is also a tool that inverts the eyes called:

-3DVisionEyeSwapper

Unfortunately I cannot get to 4k@120Hz 4:2:0 on HDMI2.0 with the old Nvidia video drivers installed via 3DFixManage.
So I can only play stereo 1080p@120hz at the moment. New Nvidia video drivers can get 4k@120Hz 4:2:0 instead. I will buy a DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 adapter tomorrow to get many feature I cannot get via the RTX20 HDMI: Variable Refresh Rate VRR for example is now supported by the SONY A80J 55" Oled monitor after a recent firmware update. Anyways I wanted to let you know that at least at 1080p is doable. Maybe it will the be able to do stereo 4@120Hz
oriku
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Request: a Sony A80J 55" OLED EDID for Nvidia 3D Stereo Vision

Post by oriku »

Hi!

Do you have a layman guide for this? I'm going to try this myself today.I have the 3D Vision glasses set and would like to use with my LG OLED65C1.

I'll let you know how I do.

Return to “3D Monitors”