One Eyed Hopeful

Pcsx2 3d vision not working any more

Post by abdsheikh »

:shock:
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Pcsx2 3d vision not working any more

Post by masterotaku »

Recent builds (64 bits now too)? I know, and I'm working on it (at the same time as other things). Well, I HAVE it working now, but I have to retest a lot of games because shader changes made all pixel shader regex fixes invalid (such as fixing some haloing issues).
I have refixed Final Fantasy X and little else.
abdsheikh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by abdsheikh »

Tks masterotaku for your great works keeping 3d vision alive .
abdsheikh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by abdsheikh »

is it possible to add vk3dvision fix in the future
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

abdsheikh wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:31 am is it possible to add vk3dvision fix in the future
I tried it already, and (at least with 452.06 drivers) PCSX2 doesn't like single frame stereo as is, with Vk3DVision. I also need a lot of custom functionality to fix individual games that only 3Dmigoto has.
abdsheikh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by abdsheikh »

Tks for your efforts bro
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Also on the GitHub page it states "Artifacts Produced during runtime"
Perhaps it's not full fledged yet or needs each game to be tweaked on an individual basis.
Captain007
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Captain007 »

Thanks a lot masterotaku for updating the PCSX2 fix. Really appreciate what you are doing for the community. I tried the fix on 4090 using DX9 mode but it's not working somehow. 3D Vision engages and lights up but the game is in 2D. Any idea? Also when game loads, pressing escape doesn't show the menu, in order to quit the emulator one has to shut it down from task manager. Maybe any nvidia control panel setting, or emulator setting that can be the cause. I tried the older fix on last official driver on a 2080ti and it had same behavior, 3D is on but 2D image.
Captain007
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Captain007 »

So I did some further testing. Setting the d3dxdm.ini direct_mode = sbs, I can clearly see the left and right images have offset, so 3D stereo is definitely active. However, somehow switching it to nvidia_dx9 renders only one eye on screen, 3D is active and emitter lights up. I can also change convergence with hotkeys and see the image shift.
d3dx.ini, full_screen=1 is definitely needed to activate 3D.
Also I did a lot of testing with NVIDIA driver, changing all settings back and forth, on or off, but nothing has fixed it. It's probably not a driver issue, I have latest installed.
Can anyone else test it in DX9 mode to see if it works for them. Or if masterotaku can kindly test DX9 and see if this can be reproduced.
Thanks
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Captain007 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:32 am So I did some further testing. Setting the d3dxdm.ini direct_mode = sbs, I can clearly see the left and right images have offset, so 3D stereo is definitely active. However, somehow switching it to nvidia_dx9 renders only one eye on screen, 3D is active and emitter lights up. I can also change convergence with hotkeys and see the image shift.
d3dx.ini, full_screen=1 is definitely needed to activate 3D.
Also I did a lot of testing with NVIDIA driver, changing all settings back and forth, on or off, but nothing has fixed it. It's probably not a driver issue, I have latest installed.
Can anyone else test it in DX9 mode to see if it works for them. Or if masterotaku can kindly test DX9 and see if this can be reproduced.
Thanks
I tested it, and it works. The most important thing is choosing a fullscreen resolution in PCSX2 instead of Borderless (I mention this in the blog post since recently).
Using full_screen=2 in d3dx.ini combined with that, will help you make at least the savestate hotkeys work, but it will make alt+tab freeze the game.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Perhaps Kai's altered 3DMigoto DLL might make alt-tab user friendly? Though, I'm guessing you tried it, since you know all about it.
Or even the Geo-11 variation
bo3bber wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:27 am Updated version to Version v0.6.38:

Documentation for experimental regex modes.
DX11 SwapChain and Present overrides now possible via d3dx.ini
More compatibility with games, and fixing crashes.
Improved nvidia_dx9 output working on more games.
Experimental allow_platform_update=2 mode to not return errors to games.
Added [Stereo] var to allow finer control over steroization.

This version will be quite a lot more compatible with different games, and some scenarios that were not possible can now be tweaked using the d3dx.ini flags in [Device] for the dx11 game output. You can change it to force triple-buffering for example, or change the output mode from Discard to Flip_Discard, which can allow 3D to be enabled in nvidia_dx11 and nvidia_dx9 modes. Every parameter that is evenly remotely logical to be tweaked is now available, commented out by default. You will probably need to read the Microsoft docs to understand these.

Unity 2019 games that were crashing now work. The fix for Prey now works. DX9 output mode should work better in most cases, and you can now experiment with dx11 game output modes that can help.

This version does not have extensive testing, barely used in fact. So please let us know if stuff is broken that worked before.
Though, I'm guessing you are fully aware of this as well.

Anyhow, I thought I'd mention it, in case it slipped your mind
Captain007
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Captain007 »

masterotaku wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:59 pm I tested it, and it works. The most important thing is choosing a fullscreen resolution in PCSX2 instead of Borderless (I mention this in the blog post since recently).
Using full_screen=2 in d3dx.ini combined with that, will help you make at least the savestate hotkeys work, but it will make alt+tab freeze the game.
Thanks a lot masterotaku for taking the time to test this. I have the "Fullscreen Mode" set to "Borderless Fullscreen" just like the screenshot in instructions (other options are just various resolutions, no exclusive fullscreen option). And I have the "Game Display" set to "Start Fullscreen". d3dx.ini Fullscreen=2, and ForceStereo=2. No matter what I have tried, one eye is always black and dark, right eye. Only left eye is rendering, and a flat image. 3D kicks in, and shortcut keys work, but one eye is black. I'm at a loss.

I'm suspecting multiple displays or mixed GPU may be the culprit. But again, I clearly remember testing the old fix on previous Windows 10 with last official driver before I installed 4090 and I had exactly same problem. Now Windows 10 1809, most recent drivers and using DX9 mode. Any help hugely appreciated :) Thanks.
Captain007
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Captain007 »

Ok so last update here, managed to get it running finally....but in 2080ti, not 4090.
I have triple boot set up. I was trying to run the emulator in my Windows 10 1809 with latest drivers and on 4090 in DX9 mode, but I just could not get it to work. Right eye always renders black. I went through a long list of troubleshooting, disconnected all other displays, changed all kinds of settings in driver and in emulator itself, played with a lot of variables in d3dx.ini, switched to lower resolutions, tried all hotkey scenarios, ran it on my projector, on monitor etc etc.....I gave up. I just came up clueless and out of ideas. I initially thought the issue could be black frame thing or multi display.

Fortunately in my dual boot I have last official drivers and 2080ti on same Windows version 1809, and I installed the emulator and ran the fix in DX11 mode. Ran perfectly the first time and each fix works perfectly. Just wanted to thank you masterotaku once again for putting the time to make this fix. I guess the issue is DX9 mode somehow doesn't work in my setup. Another reason to always have a dual boot, saves lots of trouble. I can always jump back and forth and trouble shoot things in different setups.

So at this point I'm suspecting it may have to do with old fix leaving its traces. Just a hint, before installing fresh Windows, I had tested the old fix in exact same type of system that now works with latest fix, Windows 10 1809 last official driver and 2080ti. Installed the old fix which required a batch file to run in order to trigger 3D if I remember correctly. But it didn't work; I had the exact same issue as DX9 mode. One eye rendered black. Even ran the batch to uninstall but nothing.
I had ran that same old fix batch file and tested the old fix on my current 4090 boot as well before using this latest fix. This is the only thing in common between both systems having a black right eye issue....running the old fix before. Could it be it somehow left its traces..
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

I loaded The Getaway in 3D and my eyes are still bleeding, there is a limit to nostalgia ;)

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”