How can I improve the experience of a game even more?

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
Mitbekommer
Two Eyed Hopeful

How can I improve the experience of a game even more?

Post by Mitbekommer »

A lot of focus is on 3D in this forum. I was wondering how I can make the experience of a game even more immersive. Specifically, I'm thinking of Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
What ideas do you have?
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: How can I improve the experience of a game even more?

Post by RAGEdemon »

Play in VR using VorpX or HelixVision if possible.
Buttkicker / force feedback.
Get boob implants ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Mitbekommer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mitbekommer »

RAGEdemon wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:33 pm Play in VR using VorpX or HelixVision if possible.
Buttkicker / force feedback.
Get boob implants ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I am using the Sony HMZ-T1. Are there techniques to capture your body movement, so you are the character, but with turning unlike the kinect? I would like to act out dead island or similar.
albert90
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by albert90 »

Mitbekommer wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:23 am A lot of focus is on 3D in this forum. I was wondering how I can make the experience of a game even more immersive. Specifically, I'm thinking of Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
What ideas do you have?
Maybe something with full-body motion tracking?
Mitbekommer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mitbekommer »

albert90 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:01 pm
Mitbekommer wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:23 am A lot of focus is on 3D in this forum. I was wondering how I can make the experience of a game even more immersive. Specifically, I'm thinking of Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
What ideas do you have?
Mapping real movement to wasd destroys immersion...
albert90
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by albert90 »

Mitbekommer wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:08 pm
albert90 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:01 pm
What ideas do you have?
Mapping real movement to wasd destroys immersion...
I'm sorry if I have this wrong, but wouldn't full-body motion tracking, detect your movement and use that for the game?
Mitbekommer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mitbekommer »

albert90 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:30 pm I'm sorry if I have this wrong, but wouldn't full-body motion tracking, detect your movement and use that for the game?
Let's say you had perfect motion tracking with ultra high resolution, how do you bring this into the game?

You might be able to map it to a controller, but then you still won't have a perfect translation into the game, as the game wasn't made for non-binary movement. I mean, hooking into the wall is one keypress, how do you want to have subtle movement converted into a binary keypress without losing massive immersion?!

First you need much better low-level access to the character to then start thinking about a fbmt suit.
albert90
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by albert90 »

Mitbekommer wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:27 pm
albert90 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:30 pm I'm sorry if I have this wrong, but wouldn't full-body motion tracking, detect your movement and use that for the game?
Let's say you had perfect motion tracking with ultra high resolution, how do you bring this into the game?

You might be able to map it to a controller, but then you still won't have a perfect translation into the game, as the game wasn't made for non-binary movement. I mean, hooking into the wall is one keypress, how do you want to have subtle movement converted into a binary keypress without losing massive immersion?!

First you need much better low-level access to the character to then start thinking about a fbmt suit.
That makes sense, thanks for clarifying!

Return to “General Discussion”