passive dual projector setup for 3D vision double??

narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

passive dual projector setup for 3D vision double??

Post by narhicfd »

Can Nvidia support duel project setup using 2 output from a video card with two hdmi outputs?? Thinking about getting away from haveing to depend on 3D setups having to buy active dlp glasses. going with passive dual projector setup would be useful so all I would need is cheap passive polorized glasses an
And a silver screen which are way cheaper now and even have diy SS paint mixture. Not to mention polorized filters place over each projector.
My only concern is that using by 3D blue ray player or using something like Reshade truedepth would require a in-between Stereoscopic converter box. I like the thought of haveing a brighter 3 D image which I here passed 3D setup offers.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: passive dual projector setup for 3D vision double??

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

3DNovice wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:43 pm The other user was Metal-O-Holic, he and BlackSharkfr used the GeoBox 501

Iz3D does have dual Projector output

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... -3dvision/

There are more threads that you could search for, on the old forums.

But with 1080P 120Hz projectors with HDMI 2.0 available these days, it's not worth it to do this anymore.

Back in the day, there was even a passive polarizer that could be used with a single projector.
https://www.depthq.com/modulator.html
https://www.depthq.com/pdf/3D%20Vis%20D ... 20v1-3.pdf
Yeah, I remember the passive polarizer and seemed like a cool idea. Question is that I know there is still a little loss of brightness with those and throw I the passive polorized glasses just how much brighter would the image be vs using the DLP glasses setup??
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

How will true 1080p 120htz projector benefit those that use 3d t.v. play with a normal projector that use dlp glasses instead of those with the Nvidia hardware and emitter that can use true 1080p gaming??
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Thought about emitter but afraid those will come come next to impossible to come by in future not to mention the the Nvidia shutter glasses. I know 3Dmigotto does offer 1080p half Rez for direct x11 games and that may what I'll have to be happy with
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

If the issues if lack of emitter and shutter glasses could be solved, maybe then.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

I myself played via stereomirror for a few years.

Depending on your choices, you can have a very good 3d display but very expensive (last gen fast display + custom mirror + custom support frame) or a very cheap 3D display (old used screens + industrial solar glass).

A big issue with stereo-mirror: if you want to game on it, nothing support it nowadays .
The big issue, for any 3D display that use dual input like dual projectors, stereo-mirror or iZ3d panels, is that it may only works with professional graphics cards and screens that have features that synchronize them together. Indeed a few months before iZ3d gone for bankruptcy, iz3D 3D screens users started to complain that the two panels was not in sync (this was very obvious for the user as one panel was for polarization and the other for color). IZ3D did not found any issues in their hardware and software. But the issue was that mainstream modern graphics card drivers are not able anymore to synchronize multiple screens together via DirectX and OpenGl libraries (while it was good enough previously): not only there was a delay between the two screens/panels/projectors but it was random and sometimes over multiple frames.
So that one of the main advantage that had stereomirror displays and dual projectors setup became their main weakness.

Of course, this is not an issue for viewing 3D pictures and sview and stereoscopic player are fully compatible, whatever you use an AMD, intel or nvidia GPU/iGPU.
In the case of 3d videos and 3d bluray: the sync between the panels still require to be good. Only stereoscopic player from 3DTV.at will works fine as sview output video via OpenGL.

So for all this kind of display, the only way for gaming is to have a hardware converter that will transform a "standard" 3D input (like HDMI frame packed) into a dual output.
For that you could use two HDfuryX4 (look at the price...)
Or a geobox like the g-602 from VNS (blackshark was using a G-501 which is discontinued). https://www.vnstw.com/msg.php?id=27

It may exist other video processors or scaler 3d de-multiplexer that can be use.

EDIT: about Omega 3D filters: their product is discontinued.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

So, if any of you think of going to a wrap around 32:9 (or there abouts) dual projection screen, I came across a spreadsheet.
(due to the image overlap in the center, the ratio might actually be 31:9 or 30:9? Dunno)

Game list for 32:9 support
Each game has a 32:9 YouTube video showing how the game looks in that aspect ratio.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Metal-o-Holic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Metal-o-Holic »

Anyone in a need of 3d demultiplexer ? Geobox G501.. might be selling mine as upgrading.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Metal-o-Holic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Metal-o-Holic »

i would ques 602... yes it´s a vnstw product
the next step is the UD102.
The 501 has 300mhz pixel clock max limit in the input and outputs (2) are 1080p@60hz max
If one would just like to use the 501 as a device to setup up a curved screen setup the 300mhz clock allows form 1440p@60 hz max
but i think you could be use is only for 2d. i tried to run 3d vision with 1440p@60 but i only got blinking. it could be also that im not experienced enough.... anyways

I wonder why im not allowed to see members list ???

Im not that shure is the update to 1440p anything special, but i thought i might give it a try.
most 3d vision titles are already pretty gimped on performance even in 1080p and most of the times that´s more than enough for dual projector setup to get good image.

My goals with the UD102 would be to try out passive 3d with 1440p -> nX5´s ...... The jvc´s are awsome but hindsight for anyone wanting an upgrade and an awsome one i would suggest more bang for the bug would be 2 sony hw65 and a geobox. the jvc is offcourse better and especially if you watch 4k content it´s an ovious choise, it´s just that tou can get a pair of sony hw65´s new with 3500 and below.

the G501 is like G502 but the 502 has edgeblending what the 501 does not have.
Metal-o-Holic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Metal-o-Holic »

problem with using 2 projectors directly with pc is there isnt a frame lock function exept for quadro cards. That´s the main differnece. nvidia never gave that to consumer cards.
is´t much much more simple just use a geobox in between. It´s seen as a 3d vision screen. and if the geobox can warp the aligning is easy peacy and the digital alignemt is much more better than keystone in projectors in terms of visual quality.
and if you have acurved screen setting up 2 projectors is impossible the more you use lens shift even if you have it. it causes the image to distort. especially top and bottom edges.
and if you use polarizers you need a silver screen. the curved screen lowers the amount of hotspotting somewhat. with omegas i would not use silverscreen.
I also have both omega filtters . lcd and dlp. i havent had the courage to sell them as i might need them oneday :D...
atleast on ebay there is still omegas on sale.-... but for what my insite is worth i would not use omegas with anything else than dlp and sxrd ....haven´t yet tested my nx5´s.
dlp isnt that much better than sxrd as generally dlp´s have shitty colors to begin with allthough there is less filttering. if you have dlp with good colors without filtters then it´s good or propably better than sxrd with omegas. but no matter what you use, omegas
will distort the colors and some colors like magenta might be totally lost. it depends but you need to have atleas cms color correction on the projectors. better to have lut boxes though. Only problem with lutting properly the filtters change so much of the color accuracy after
the lut´s you might be left with really low lumes. And you don´t want a dim 3d image. For simplicity i chose to go with polarizers in the end. Still there is nothing more stunning than balanced 3d image made with omega filtters... there is actually so low amounts of ghosting you can say it´s zero
not dependent on your head position like with linear polarizers that are a better option if polarizers are used as they a less ghosting than circular that´s the common used on oled tv´s and passive monitors ect
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Metal-o-Holic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Metal-o-Holic »

shure i bet 1440p is currently possible in 120hz fame sequential. For me active wasnt ever an option. I can´t watch that flickery image. It´s causes discomfort even after 10-20minutes when you get used to it.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyBirt
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by TonyBirt »

@Metal-o-Holic/3DNovice, I am considering buying a Dual setup. 2 x Optoma UHD35+ , Geobox UD102 and circular polarized filters from VNS. I had an Omega DLP setup 5-6 years ago which unfortunately I sold. I don't know anything about silver screens needed for polarized setup, https://www.avworld.co.nz/product/dimen ... creen-100/ , would the screen in the link be a good option? Has 88% polarization retention and 1.5 gain. Is is a small room with 92inch screen, it would only be me viewing it, so the viewing angles don't need to be wide.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DirtySanchez
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DirtySanchez »

That’s an ALR screen. A silver screen would have higher polarization, which would reduce the ghosting. Linear filters would also have less ghosting. You should order multiple samples from different companies. Compared to the Omega filters, you’d have better colors and up to double the brightness.
Metal-o-Holic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Metal-o-Holic »

Yes linear are better for crosstalk.
I just sold my g501 and got and ud102
I fiddled around for 4-5hours with it and starting to think it was the stupidest idea ever to sell my g501
First of all the g501 was dead silent.
My ud102 has bad fan Im pretty shure as it rattles.
Still the airflow is pretty high so even with rattle free fan its still gonna be more noisy than my projector nx5

If i remember i will return to write did i get anything working.
For now i havent even gotten video from my Blu-ray player.
Propably some hdcp incompatibility issue.
Anyways Im pretty down by this whole proces.
screw, should have just stayed on fullhd as There was nothing really wrong with it.

I fear i cant even use anymore my DisplayPort connection from Pc. Well se what Steve answers.
Metal-o-Holic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Metal-o-Holic »

Some update. It should work with dual dp connection.
Just bought some cables but havent tried yet.
And i have a feeling my Blu-ray destop problems are caused by hdcp issues.
I need to try without putting eeColor boxes in The signal chain. I ques If that works i could use Something before the eeColor boxes to defeat the hdcp assraping.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Metal-o-Holic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Metal-o-Holic »

I got bluray video from my desktop player.
There is some sort of hdcp issue propably with the eeColor
Boxes in the chain. In the end i propably need to replace them to run everything in 4K or try to use the ud102 internal setting.

Ud was missing an output mode 4k@24p so cant say yet anything conclusive about the Blu-ray 3D playback.
I reported this to Steve and got an firmaware were this was implemented so i gotta say wow for fast Support.
And i have gotten always answer from Steve the engineer though Im pretty shure he is a busy guy.
Will report when i get it tried.

I have dvd fab forever lisence. Jriver media player so i have software. I just have prefered discs as they do The job.
Pcs do awsome Job…. When they choose to do so.
Most of the time Pc videoplayback is a clusterfuck. Games or movie files. Its always a loving battle to get smooth video.
Plus you cant really best a Remote and few buttons with booting and launching.

Pc 3D vision testing is in limbo. I had a strange frame disparity issue i used to suffer sometimes with g501
But i never had it in recent years but i have few ideas what might cause it.
Positive is i was able to deliver 1440p@50hz/eye
Using ud102 and 1440p upscaled to 4K
By jvcs is really as good as it needs to be. The visuals are just awsome.

What i would like is to find someone who
Knows These edid things. I would need a better edid for the ud102. The one i have has limit of 1080p but cru was able to add 1440p but anything More no go.
And its not that the pixel clock cant do it but i think the edid Im using is the block. Also with ud there should be possible to use rgb444 10bit, hdr ect so something like
Hacked edid of ROG SWIFT PG278QR would be propably good

There is few options for edid. Input Only, enabled and disabled.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kennedystewart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kennedystewart »

3DNovice wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:52 am Interesting new hardware and software from Epson for use with some of their projector and lens combos.
It helps with geometry and color corrections. drift boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPuEM1Am6iY
Guide To Installing ELPEC01 Camera Module Onto Epson Projectors
Thanks for the video tutorial you shared. Very helpful.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

YW
That's an interesting piece of equipment
Metal-o-Holic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Metal-o-Holic »

3DNovice wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:36 pm
Metal-o-Holic wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:40 am Ud was missing an output mode 4k@24p so cant say yet anything conclusive about the Blu-ray 3D playback.
I don't think that 4K 3D is possible on any of the 4X or 2X pixel shifters, since it's a L+L+L+L/R+R+R+R for 4X and L+L/R+R for 2X,
instead of the L/R/L/R/L/R type of frames that are needed for stereo, but perhaps since you are using polarized filters, this may not be an obstacle. I'd assume the same would apply if you are using your anaglyph filters.
i don´t know what pixel shifters are you talking about ? or l and right frames.
and i don´t use any anaglyph filtters.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metal-o-Holic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Metal-o-Holic »

3DNovice wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:14 pm Omega 3D is Anaglyph(color pass filtering) or did you sell yours?
You mentioned color correction, so I assumed you were still using the Omega filters and trying to tweak the resulting colors.

4K DLP uses pixel shifting, so do other manufacturers of 4K projectors, though they all have different names and slightly different technology. If you want to learn more, Google is your friend. Here are a couple of quick links.

https://www.projectorcentral.com/4k-dlp-projectors.htm
https://eu.jvc.com/microsite/eu/dla-x90 ... ure01.html

lets try again.

Atleast in my knoledge analglyphs is dual tone. red cyan ect. green blue.
omega 3d filtter are white light based multi band filttering system like dolby vision and infitech.
omega just has 4 bands per eye contraty to 3 of those others.
I sold my omega LCD filtter. but i kept the DLP ones for some long distant future crazy projects.

I don´t know why you talked about pixel shifters ?
I use two nx5´s that has nothing to do with pixel shifting. they are native 4k.
I can´t watch pixel shifter. the shifting is similar to rbe of 1-chip dlp or active 3d flashing to me. unease to watch.
I would choose a fullhd 3 chip desing over 1-chip 8k projector anytime.
Shure the pixels matter some but with projectors exlelent fullhd projector and 4k native projector don´t have that much difference. Shure there is some but still much less than with tv´s
Atleast on a silverscreen.

The UD102 seems to work exlently for 3d movie AI upslcaling presentation on a dual pj system. I just tried my Topaz AI upscaled Ghost in the Cell movie a bit using
Nvidia surround setup with desktop 7680x2160@24hz and the movie is upscaled to same specs. It looks stunnign in places.
The nvidia 3d vision i have not gotten working properly. Something fishy with the frame sequential 3d ..
hope it turns out to be solved.
With Geo-11 though i can use SBS but it´s not optimal . it works shure but i would like to get the real frame sequential working.
gotta comment more on that on the Geo-11 threads.

I don´t wanna come on as hostile, i just did not get what you were talking about and was pretty tired when answering.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metal-o-Holic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Metal-o-Holic »

3DNovice wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:21 pm I hadn't looked at projectors in quite awhile and was unaware that JVC had came out with native 4K now. I just assumed your PJ was a pixel shifter because you were talking about getting 1440P to work on it.
Metal-o-Holic wrote:The nvidia 3d vision i have not gotten working properly. Something fishy with the frame sequential 3d ..

I would think that the Geo Box would show up as Generic CRT, which is Frame Sequential. Are you referring to gaming or video playback? If you having dropped or frame sync issues, perhaps ReClock still works? On the old forums, a user posted that he was able to dial in his frame sync by creating a custom rsolution profile and trimming the porches.
it depends. Geobox is shows as what ever edid you use with it. My older G501 was shows as asus i think with the edid i used. after black shark fixes a small tearing issue with tweaking the timings i used the edid he provided and it was seen as generic CRT.
it doesn really matter how the unit is seen by windows. Well it doesnt affect the workings of it. I just disgussed with the engineers. The G501´s small synch issue (well oviously ist not synch isssue but more like the issue of timing) was fixed when the engineer added one frame delay to the other eye.
G501 has one processing unit. The same operation can´t be done to the ud102´s fimware as ud102 has two modules inside, instead of one and they both have their own synchronation engines.
though i wonder how come there can be one frame delay if you use dual dport connection and clone the displays and both engines get the same signal. anywyas. i got a new firmware and maby that has issues fixed.
also i was thinking i could try to use nvidia surround mode to create a full sbs output from the geo-11.
as i was thinking if i have a surround desktop setup. i can then use ingame resolution of 5120x1440p@60hz and if i run the game in that resolutoin, sbs half is automaticly sbs full.... i would think, as sbs is only "2d" format.
And as i have dual connection to my UD102 left engine is decoding left side of the image and vise versa.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”