Infinite Loop? Trying voice regognition and audio alerts.

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
Thorixion
One Eyed Hopeful

Infinite Loop? Trying voice regognition and audio alerts.

Post by Thorixion »

I've been trying to make a script for Space Engineers to have multiple key layouts. It is supposed to switch AutoHotkey scripts every time I say a certain category (eg whether I want to fly or build) and play a sound so I don't strafe instead of using the jetpack. The problem is that FreePIE says that it found an infinite loop sometimes, but I used no loops within the code. It will also play the alert multiple times occasionally. Any help would be appreciated. Here is my code:

Code: Select all

import subprocess
from subprocess import call
import time
from time import sleep

def heard(vcmd, cfd):
	return speech.said(vcmd, cfd)

def play(audio_file_path):
    subprocess.call(["ffplay", "-nodisp", "-autoexit", audio_file_path])

if heard("normal", 0.2):
    call("C:\\ahkscripts\\sp_engr_c1.ahk", -1, None, None, None, None, None, False, True)         
    call("C:\\ahkscripts\\sp_engr_h1.ahk", -1, None, None, None, None, None, False, True)
    play("C:\\ahkscripts\\a.wav")

if heard("camera", 0.1):
    call("C:\\ahkscripts\\sp_engr_c2.ahk", -1, None, None, None, None, None, False, True)
    call("C:\\ahkscripts\\sp_engr_h2.ahk", -1, None, None, None, None, None, False, True)

if heard("fly", 0.3):
	call("C:\\ahkscripts\\sp_engr_c3.ahk", -1, None, None, None, None, None, False, True)
	call("C:\\ahkscripts\\sp_engr_h3.ahk", -1, None, None, None, None, None, False, True)

if heard("build", 0.3):

call("C:\\ahkscripts\\sp_engr_c4.ahk", -1, None, None, None, None, None, False, True)        
    call("C:\\ahkscripts\\sp_engr_h4.ahk", -1, None, None, None, None, None, False, True)

if heard("inventory", 0.0):
    keyboard.setPressed(Key.I)

if heard("jetpack", 0.0):
	keyboard.setKey(Key.X, not keyboard.getPressed(Key.X))

if heard("crouch", 0.0):
	keyboard.setKey(Key.Apostrophe, not keyboard.getPressed(Key.Apostrophe))

if heard("break through", 0.0):
	keyboard.setKey(Key.F, not keyboard.getPressed(Key.F))
GermanSani
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Infinite Loop? Trying voice regognition and audio alerts.

Post by GermanSani »

Hi,

well, I couldn't find a solution unfortunately but the problem is, in my opinion, that the call()-function only ends, when you stop the program that's called by it. For as far as I have read this is because the call()-function always waits until the process it has started has terminated which is never the case here unless you do it manually. Reason for the Infinite-Loop-Error Message.

Unless there's a way to implement termination of AHK inside the AHK-scripts but I don't know much about that.

This also prevents from switching scripts on-the-fly, unless, again, there's a possiblity for that in AHK itself. Which however wouldn't solve the real problem.

I tried with the open()-function but that didn't work at all.
Maybe it works with the os.system("start " + Filename)-Command somehow but I had no luck with that either, I just had the same results.

Maybe this helps you at least a little bit.
Thorixion
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Infinite Loop? Trying voice regognition and audio alerts.

Post by Thorixion »

Well, thanks for trying. Maybe I could send a key to ahk, in which case it would read the keystroke as a hotkey or in an if statement. I have added a bunch of simpler voice commands (eg setPressed), so now I only have to change between three layouts instead of four.

Return to “FreePIE”