Do they still sell 3D Ready Pc Monitors?

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
wowclassichelp
One Eyed Hopeful

Do they still sell 3D Ready Pc Monitors?

Post by wowclassichelp »

Do they still sell 3D Ready Pc Monitors for Nvidia 3D Vision

I'm using old BenQ XL 2420T's (3 of them in Sli mode) but the screens are started to get dim. They are about 8 years old now.
Boblenon
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Do they still sell 3D Ready Pc Monitors?

Post by Boblenon »

up, same here

is there a guide for hardware please in 2021?
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Guig2000 »

G-sync monitors are 3Dvision compatible BUT nvidia drivers don't have stereo profile for them in their driver, so out of the box, the ghosting can be massive. You will have create a profile, by settings the right timings, you may be able to have a good sync between the the glasses and the screen and so a much lower ghosting.
Be also aware that this kind of monitors may not have the light boost from 3Dvision2.

Also if your problem is just that your screen is dimmer, It is probably possible to repair it.

There is still DLP 3D beamers by optoma, benq, acer.

Lots of them are good gaming projectors, with low input lag and up to 240Hz 1080p.

Be aware that 3D vision is discontinued, the latest official driver works up to RTX 2080 Ti, the latest hacked 3Dvision drivers works wth RTX 2000 super series.

Go on the mtbs's nvidia subforums for more info about how to make work this projectors and monitors on nvidia.

If you plan to use 3D on a PC but not 3D gaming, consider switching to AMD GPU as AMD radeon drivers still support include quadbuffer via HD3D and Microsoft DX quad buffer.
MGuenette
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MGuenette »

The Best and final 3D monitor produced is the ASUS ROG Swift PG278QR . 1440P , 165HZ , 3D Vision , with G-Sync. I have three for sale if anyone is interested. Less than 6 Months old.
DavidCano.es
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DavidCano.es »

MGuenette wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:56 pm The Best and final 3D monitor produced is the ASUS ROG Swift PG278QR . 1440P , 165HZ , 3D Vision , with G-Sync. I have three for sale if anyone is interested. Less than 6 Months old.
Price?
link2020
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by link2020 »

wowclassichelp wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:15 pm Do they still sell 3D Ready Pc Monitors for Nvidia 3D Vision

I'm using old BenQ XL 2420T's (3 of them in Sli mode) but the screens are started to get dim. They are about 8 years old now.
Replacing monitor backlights is a fairly easy process. You just need to find the compatible LED parts and take your time disassembling the monitors.

Often multiple brands use the same parts so you should be able to find out the part number by searching Google or taking one apart.
terintamel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by terintamel »

Not necessarily the best or biggest monitor but the Asus VG248QEZ is still made and is available online and from Asus directly.

It is a 24" 1080p 144hz 3D vision monitor that is supported by the 425.31 Nvidia drivers without EDID modifications.

I just got one as a spare to my 11 year old 3dvision monitor and the Mfg. date on the Asus monitor was June 2021.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/632 ... te_Control
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

They do sell the DELL s2716dg, plenty can be found on ebay todday. It's the same TN panel as the rest of the 3d vision QHD monitor, and it's a very fast TN panel as well. Unfortunately it's only limited to 120hz on displayport, the 3d effect is good though. I would definitely like to find an asus pg278qr. I found a monitor that is a newer version of the 3d vision TN panels in the form of the VIOTEK GFT27DB. It's not 3d vision ready, but some EDID edit will make it ready. It's the last fast TN panel of the era, because I think they discontinued them. The HP OMEN 27 and the omen X 27 has the 3d vision TN panel. Keep and eye out for the samsung odyssey G7, a newer type of monitor that works well with 3d vision. It requires some knowledge on tuning the 3d glasses to make it work. There are newer monitors coming out this year that are going to be fast, and might also work well with 3d vision. I hope the gaming industry recognizes this, and make 3d games possible again.
sodgim
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sodgim »

All - I have an Acer Predator XB272 (Details below) that has, honestly, perfect 3D Vision. I dual boot into windows 10 with old drivers on 2080 TI or Win 11 for my VR. I have yet to find a better monitor for 3D Vision IMHO. (I have owned 3). I have NOT found that because a monitor is G-Sync capable it just works with 3D Vision (on the contrary)... so if you need a great 27" monitor for 3D vision - see below (it can do 240Hz - i use 3D vision at 200Hz).
Acer PN: MM.T9PAA.001
LED 27 XB272 BMIPRZ 1MS 100M:1 1920X1080 400CDM G-SYNC HDMI DP USB 3.0 HUB HGT ADJ ROTATE SPK BLK.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “3D Monitors”