[OGL3DVision] Wolfenstein: The New Order & The Old Blood "Remastered" Stereo3D

Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Re: [OGL3DVision] Wolfenstein: The New Order "Remastered" Stereo3D

Post by Zappologist »

Hi Helifax. Wanted to say again that I enjoy this game very much. You fix is simply unbelievable, the game looks totally different from when I played it in 2D years ago, the brain processes the images totally differently and if just feels awesome. Also, the engine is really beautiful, I was totally unimpressed in 2D. :woot

And the game itself ... well, they don't make them like this anymore. The pacing, the set pieces, the gradual weapon and gadgets unlock ... I like this much more than Doom (well, I did not play Doom in 3D yet :mrgreen: )

Performance is good, and I'm gradually getting used to the small eye tear due to the asynchronous frame sync one eye at the time. The overlay shows 60fps, with constant dips to 58 or 59 when moving around.
The separate weapon convergence is simply genius, I will miss it in all shooters from now on.

Apart from the small issues due to the use of IDTeaker, which are easily forgotten, (drones too quick, NPCs hands floating in the air, enemies sometimes seeming to spawn near you, etc) the only annoying thing for me is some sort of texture culling appearing near the tip of the gun, which makes sometimes enemies disappear from certain angles - of course the morons don't know they are "culled" and still shoot at you :-) It's like a severe texture pop in and out.
I was too lazy to try this in 2D to see if it still happens, it might even be a bug with the game or engine themselves.

What a great game and fix. I cannot stop playing. I will test any new versions and provide feedback whenever I can.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
New update for Wolfenstein: The New Order is up!
http://3dsurroundgaming.com/OpenGL3DVis ... heneworder
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Fixes & Improvements:

- Fixed a very weird animation issue! (Some animations would not play of would simply insta-play to the end). This was a bug in the fix that I introduced while fixing one shader. The reason it happened still eludes me, but I think it might either be a bug in the game or OpenGL :lol:
(I tried for 2 days to find what is the actual cause, and I am still not sure. However, fixing it wasn't as hard! I would still want to know the "WHY?!")

- Did some performance improvements! I am not sure by much (or if it any) but from my testing it seems "better" - especially with the FPS dips (which are an engine issue :( (DAMN that VT Engine!)

- Fixed the Mouse Sync to be correctly set based on the "AlternativeView_Mode" you are using :) Meaning both, 3DVision and SBS should now have PERFECT eye syncronization - no matter the FPS and resolution - when you move the MOUSE - even at insane speed from left-to-right or up-down. (I know this is the MAJOR issue that most people see with Alternative Frames and not visible using a Controller :) But, well PC Gaming FTW ^_^). The mode can be also configurable from the ini file! I could only test 3DVision as I don't have a SBS capable display, but based on my testing in SBS (taking auto-screenshots at extreme speed and viewing them in VR :lol: ) it seems to be the same :) If not, you can always change it the other way around from the ini file. PLEASE let me know of the results!
(F11 key still works for Flipping SYNC around.)

Please do let me know, how things work out ^_^ and thank you all for all the feedback!
(PS: I am looking at The Old Blood as well 8-) )

Cheers!
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Zappologist wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:33 pm Hi Helifax. Wanted to say again that I enjoy this game very much. You fix is simply unbelievable, the game looks totally different from when I played it in 2D years ago, the brain processes the images totally differently and if just feels awesome. Also, the engine is really beautiful, I was totally unimpressed in 2D. :woot

And the game itself ... well, they don't make them like this anymore. The pacing, the set pieces, the gradual weapon and gadgets unlock ... I like this much more than Doom (well, I did not play Doom in 3D yet :mrgreen: )

Performance is good, and I'm gradually getting used to the small eye tear due to the asynchronous frame sync one eye at the time. The overlay shows 60fps, with constant dips to 58 or 59 when moving around.
The separate weapon convergence is simply genius, I will miss it in all shooters from now on.

Apart from the small issues due to the use of IDTeaker, which are easily forgotten, (drones too quick, NPCs hands floating in the air, enemies sometimes seeming to spawn near you, etc) the only annoying thing for me is some sort of texture culling appearing near the tip of the gun, which makes sometimes enemies disappear from certain angles - of course the morons don't know they are "culled" and still shoot at you :-) It's like a severe texture pop in and out.
I was too lazy to try this in 2D to see if it still happens, it might even be a bug with the game or engine themselves.

What a great game and fix. I cannot stop playing. I will test any new versions and provide feedback whenever I can.
I am REALLY happy, that you FINALLY get to enjoy this game in Stereo3D and experience what I experienced 7?! years ago, when I played it :D Yes! I know the 30 FPS was really bad + the sync issue which I now addressed for the mouse input :!:
The fix wasn't as "3DVision Ready" as it is now, because, this time around, I simply wanted to get it to be in the best possible state, but the WOW factor was there then as it is now, when I replayed it :D

You definitely should try Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (and Wolf: The Old Blood - once I finish the fix ^_^) after this one and both DOOM and DOOM Eternal (they are both Vulkan based, so no weird perf issues there, the Custom Weapon Depth mode is also present there AND NO POP of textures/assets)!
DOOM does things the opposite of WOLF, and I love both of them for their approach ^_^ I see them as "2 sides of the same coin" from gameplay & story perspective :D

Try the new version, I have fixed a very strange animation bug. I think it should fix the "floating hands" (not the drone speed though). Yes, ID5Tweaker, well tweaks a few things to be able to achieve 120 FPS, but introduces some popping and such. Without all it's tweaks I can't get it above 80 FPS in 2D on an 2080Ti and i9 9900k @5.2Ghz running from an NVME - the VT engine is SIMPLY too slow and has a big bottleneck :( (I played a LOT with it's ini file to see if I can get some better results :( but sadly I couldn't...)
I did improve the VT pages in the latest fix from 4 to 16 though. Maybe this will make the pop-in a bit better?!
I just wish the game was released on IDTECH6 not 5 - because it would have been a HUGE difference 8-) Again check DOOM or Wolf 2 ^_^

Again thank you for the feedback and I am looking forward to see how the new version works for you!

Cheers
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Tried the most recent version, but did not see much difference, if at all. About F11, and mouse sync, I'm not sure what it does or whether it applies to passive TVs. Does not seem to make any difference. I reached the part where you go under water with the glider. The floating hands were still happening in the prison section.
Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

I also tried the most recent version. Cannot see much difference either (apart from the animates cutscenes play out smoother, which is very nice). But that is a good thing, as the previous version also ran fine here. Butter 1080p/60 99% of the time. Very nice game also - so enjoying it highly!

EDIT: Played through the prison section tonight, also noticed some issues on NPCs like hands floating around, a face floating etc. Not very big issues. Also, some issues that were "reset"/fixed by F1. Fix is still highly enjoyable.
Last edited by Tullebob on Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3D Vision rig -> 8700k oc 4.9, asus rog 2080ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz ram, Win 7 running driver 425.31 on SSD1, Win 10 running driver 452.06 on SSD2, Win 10 running latest Nvidia driver for Vulkan3dV and 2D gaming on SSD3, for 3d vision display: 1080p on VG248QE (and sometimes 1440p on PG278PR), Valve Index or Optoma UHD42 projector
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Zappologist wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:33 am Tried the most recent version, but did not see much difference, if at all. About F11, and mouse sync, I'm not sure what it does or whether it applies to passive TVs. Does not seem to make any difference. I reached the part where you go under water with the glider. The floating hands were still happening in the prison section.
The Mouse Sync is to prevent issues when you move the mouse left-right or up-down to rotate the camera. This is to prevent that nausea that you normally see when you rotate the camera and you don't get the same perspective in both eyes.
It does NOT synchronize the game time as it is nearly impossible in this game due to the hardlock between the FPS and the game-time. (They update the game time based on the FPS count and Real Time).

Yeah, I didn't expect too much of a FPS improvement as OGL3DVision is pretty optimized as it is, I just optimized it a bit further, but it is always hard to measure the gains ^_^

I think I will have a new update soon, that hopefully makes the Notorious ID5Tech POP-IN a bit better :D as it annoys me the hell out :D

Cheers and thanks for the feedback guys!

maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

I have a problem with the fix I followed the instructions. when the game starts for a moment you see the logo.bpm background of helifax
then it becomes the black screen and closes everything to the desktop
removing the file dinput8.dll
the game work in 3D
thanks for the great fix

Ho un problema con il fix ho seguito le istruzioni. quando parte il gioco per un attimo si vede lo sfondo logo.bpm di helifax
poi diventa lo schermo nero e si chiude tutto al desktop
togliendo il file dinput8.dll funziona il gioco in 3D
grazie per il grande fix
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

maurizioclaudio21 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:52 am I have a problem with the fix I followed the instructions. when the game starts for a moment you see the logo.bpm background of helifax
then it becomes the black screen and closes everything to the desktop
removing the file dinput8.dll
the game work in 3D
thanks for the great fix

Ho un problema con il fix ho seguito le istruzioni. quando parte il gioco per un attimo si vede lo sfondo logo.bpm di helifax
poi diventa lo schermo nero e si chiude tutto al desktop
togliendo il file dinput8.dll funziona il gioco in 3D
grazie per il grande fix
https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/topi ... input8dll/

Are you using a LEGIT copy of the game? The only people having issues with ID5Tweaker are those that don't own the game but pirate it... :shock:

maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

Are you using a LEGIT copy of the game? The only people having issues with ID5Tweaker are those that don't own the game but pirate it...

Yes, I wanted to try the game in 3D and if it worked before I bought it,
(I can no longer play without) since it works very well already purchased.
again thank you for the fix

Si, volevo provare il gioco in 3D e se funzionava prima di acquistarlo,
(ormai non riesco più a giocare senza) visto che funziona molto bene già acquistato.
di nuovo grazie per il fix
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

maurizioclaudio21 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:46 pm Are you using a LEGIT copy of the game? The only people having issues with ID5Tweaker are those that don't own the game but pirate it...

Yes, I wanted to try the game in 3D and if it worked before I bought it,
(I can no longer play without) since it works very well already purchased.
again thank you for the fix

Si, volevo provare il gioco in 3D e se funzionava prima di acquistarlo,
(ormai non riesco più a giocare senza) visto che funziona molto bene già acquistato.
di nuovo grazie per il fix
So you didn't had a legit copy when you tried it, but you bought it after and now it works? :)

helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: [OGL3DVision] Wolfenstein: The New Order & The Old Blood "Remastered" Stereo3D

Post by helifax »

:!: :!: :!:
Updated the Main Page with Information on Wolfenstein: The Old Blood :lol:
:woot

While I know this might sound silly, because both games use the "same" ID5Tech engine, in reality they use a different version of the same engine!
And as such, don't take this "for granted" as I had put as much effort into this as the "New Order" fix :mrgreen:
(It was actually this game that helped me find and Identify the animation bug that I fixed in the latest "New Order" fix and a few other issues along the way) :mrgreen:

In any case, check out the screenshots, the video that I linked on Youtube (and leave a like if you like it ^_^) :lol:
I have played about 50-60% of the game and I have fixed all the issues I have seen so far! (This fix is waaay more polished than the old one from 2016).
I have also spent quite a bit of time to see what I can do about the performance (not much), BUT AT LEAST to remove "as much as possible" the POP-IN (This a game engine problem but turns out Id5tweaker can make it much worse :oops: Thus, I have fixed some issues there as well and will update both fixes at once) :oops:

Hope you like the news (for 2 games that are from 2014/2015 but still very AWESOME in my book ^_^)

Cheers,
Helifax

thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: [OGL3DVision] Wolfenstein: The New Order & The Old Blood "Remastered" Stereo3D

Post by thebigdogma »

Love the news! And, as we are now well into COVID-'21... I take NOTHING for granted! :D
Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

AHH MAN, THIS IS SO AWESOME! Currently playing through New Order. Last night I marveled over how good / smooth and fun the gaming experience is. Will run trough Old Blood and Wolf 2. Thanks a million!
3D Vision rig -> 8700k oc 4.9, asus rog 2080ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz ram, Win 7 running driver 425.31 on SSD1, Win 10 running driver 452.06 on SSD2, Win 10 running latest Nvidia driver for Vulkan3dV and 2D gaming on SSD3, for 3d vision display: 1080p on VG248QE (and sometimes 1440p on PG278PR), Valve Index or Optoma UHD42 projector
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

awesome news, I was going to try and wait for a spring sale - but might as well buy the 2 pack now. Already bought Wolf2, and almost pulled the trigger on YoungBlood deluxe for $11 but realized last second it was Bethesda key not steam. and this is all due to 3D and your hard work, making it happen. excited to play through this franchise for the first time., thank you!
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Yey, great news, for decade old games but which are more fun to play than the vast majority of the crap being released today.
Looking forward to playing Old Blood again, I just finished New World Order and it was simply marvelous to play it in 3D.
Youtube video looks great, you got my like. Hope there are some Steam sales soon, as now I really want to play the next installment, and maybe Youngblood as well, while I've got the Wolfenstein fever :-)
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Thank you so much for this Helifax - I am starting a new run through after all these years because of you!
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Zappologist wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:24 am Yey, great news, for decade old games but which are more fun to play than the vast majority of the crap being released today.
Looking forward to playing Old Blood again, I just finished New World Order and it was simply marvelous to play it in 3D.
Youtube video looks great, you got my like. Hope there are some Steam sales soon, as now I really want to play the next installment, and maybe Youngblood as well, while I've got the Wolfenstein fever :-)
Very nice! I also played a bit with their VT (Virtual Texture Engine and I managed to get the pop-in a lot better with an avg 10% gpu increase (on an RTX 2080) with the same framerate and dips which are engine based -_-)
I didn't updated the fix yet, but I will do both New Order and Old Blood!

Still, I am really really happy that you got to play the whole game and experience this! I think all Wolf games are awesome, with over the top action and cool mechanics, stealth, upgrades etc :D

guitarlickz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by guitarlickz »

Hi helifax
This is an amazing fix.
I had a few question but after inquiry I got the answers.
Thank you man
I dropped few coins in your PayPal account ;)
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

guitarlickz wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:08 am Hi helifax
This is an amazing fix.
I had a few question but after inquiry I got the answers.
Thank you man
I dropped few coins in your PayPal account ;)
Many thanks and I am glad you like it!

I saw your question about the mouse sync this morning, but I see you edited the reply since then ;)
(Sorry I was out today and I couldn't reply until now ^_^)

In any case I made this very quick video showing what it is about.
(It can be pretty hard to explain in words something that deals with graphics and visuals and especially MOTION ^_^).

Video:
https://youtu.be/IIAaXBQmmmM

A quick example showing what Mouse Sync is doing in Wolfenstein Stereo3D game fixes.
In order of appearance:
60 FPS mouse Sync ON
60 FPS mouse Sync OFF
30 FPS mouse Sync OFF
30 FPS mouse Sync ON

Hope this helps showing what Mouse Synchronization is all about :)

Cheers,
Helifax

guitarlickz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by guitarlickz »

really interesting
a video on youtube equal million words :)
thanks
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood 3DStereo fix is released: http://3dsurroundgaming.com/OpenGL3DVis ... lfoldblood
:woot
(Really awesome game! There are some parts of this prequel that I like more than New Order and some less ^_^ It was intended to be DLC to New Order, only to be later released as standalone. So, it is the other 50% of the experience ^_^ )

I have played the whole game and fixed every single little thing that I was able to find.
I have also updated the settings in ID5Tweaker to keep the Pop-In to a MINIMUM without affecting the Frame Rate. The limitation is their Virtual Texture System. (It doesn't matter what GPU or CPU you have, you will always be bottlenecked at higher FPS).
I wouldn't recommend changing anything in the ID5Tweaker.ini, except maybe the AA which is set to 4x (but to be honest any modern GPU will handle that with ease even at 4K as this is an older game).

I have updated also the Wolfenstein: The New Order Stereo3D fix with the same config for ID5Tweaker and it should provide the same benefits (better image quality with same FPS and minimum Pop-In)

Like in the New Order Fix, this fix comes with the same goodies:
- Geometry Stereo 3D rendering
- Custom Weapon Depth
- Dominant Eye Rendering (to get those perfect headshots down the iron sight)
- 60 FPS in 3D Vision - via ID5Tweaker
- Mouse Frame Synchronization
- Video Cutscene Synchronization and playing at intended 30 FPS (the Intro Logo is the only one that doesn't work correctly because it isn't actually rendered by the game. See the Readme.pdf, but whatever you do... DO NOT REMOVE IT, or you will break your progression :P )

With this said ;) I think I have finished with the Wolfenstein "Remasters" of the older games :lol:
Time to come back to the present and look at Wolfenstein: Youngblood which is a Vulkan game! (Thank GOD :mrgreen: )

I really hope you will like this fix and that you will get to play the whole "new" Wolfenstein franchise in proper Stereo 3D 8-)

Cheers!
Helifax

PS: Did I say how gorgeous the game looks in 3D :shock: :woot

thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Thanks Helifax! Time to play catch-up! I've been bouncing back-and-forth between 2 and NO. Still... nothing wrong with a 3 game rotation! :D
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

thebigdogma wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:43 pm Thanks Helifax! Time to play catch-up! I've been bouncing back-and-forth between 2 and NO. Still... nothing wrong with a 3 game rotation! :D
Haha :))
Play them in the right order ;) :P :P :P
But I am glad to hear that you like them and enjoy them with the fixes :D

Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

THANK YOU!!!!
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

helifax wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:53 pm
thebigdogma wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:43 pm Thanks Helifax! Time to play catch-up! I've been bouncing back-and-forth between 2 and NO. Still... nothing wrong with a 3 game rotation! :D
I already did that in their original incarnations. I have played through the first two multiple times prior... but this is only my second time through on Wolf 2 and I never got through the DLC, so that will be all new.

Luckily, Alzheimer's hasn't set in yet, so I can still remember plot details! :D
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

thebigdogma wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:21 pm
helifax wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:53 pm
I already did that in their original incarnations. I have played through the first two multiple times prior... but this is only my second time through on Wolf 2 and I never got through the DLC, so that will be all new.

Luckily, Alzheimer's hasn't set in yet, so I can still remember plot details! :D
Yeah! Deal with Alzheimer the Wolfenstein way :D

Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

Hi Helifax! I'm currently playing through New Order (reached the submarine now). Am playing on the previous version of the fix (wrapper 10.2 beta). On 10.2 beta (and all previous releases of the fix) butter smooth at 1080p/60.

Now I just installed the latest release 10.3 and something is wrong. Fps suddenly down to 40-50 and "motion sickness" gameplay. Reverted to 10.2 beta and everything super again.

Could there be an issue with the latest revision 10.3 of the fix / or have I missed something here?

BTW: Also installed the fix for Old Blood - and that one works buttery smooth at 1080p/60 :) So the issue I am having is particular to 10.3 for New Order.

Thanks
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Tullebob wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:35 pm Hi Helifax! I'm currently playing through New Order (reached the submarine now). Am playing on the previous version of the fix (wrapper 10.2 beta). On 10.2 beta (and all previous releases of the fix) butter smooth at 1080p/60.

Now I just installed the latest release 10.3 and something is wrong. Fps suddenly down to 40-50 and "motion sickness" gameplay. Reverted to 10.2 beta and everything super again.

Could there be an issue with the latest revision 10.3 of the fix / or have I missed something here?

BTW: Also installed the fix for Old Blood - and that one works buttery smooth at 1080p/60 :) So the issue I am having is particular to 10.3 for New Order.

Thanks
Meah....
Thanks for the update.
The problem is their stupid Virtual Texture System.... GRRR
I will check again and play a bit more ;)

Getting the best performance out of this engine is pretty tricky, as you can see :) The problem with 10.2 is that there is a LOT of POP-IN of texture and some assets missing completely at like 2 feet away from you :(
Have you tried setting AA in Id5Tweaker.ini to 0 or 2 from 4?

In any case I will play a bit more with it :)

pj519
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pj519 »

Tullebob wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:35 pm Hi Helifax! I'm currently playing through New Order (reached the submarine now). Am playing on the previous version of the fix (wrapper 10.2 beta). On 10.2 beta (and all previous releases of the fix) butter smooth at 1080p/60.

Thanks
Set VT Compress -> Enabled in the advanced graphic settings. This is what it says in the readme file. Maybe it will help.
Win 10 Home x64 ver 21H2 - Intel 5820K - RTX 2080 Ti - 32 GB Ram - Asus ROG 278QR - 3DVision 2 Kit - Driver NVidia 452.06
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

@Tullebob I updated the fixes with a new id5Tweaker.ini file.
See if this improves the experience.

Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

Thanks so much! It is smooth again now :) Played for quite a bit - and 1080p/60 all the time :)
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

I gave the new fix a quick test and the game looks fantastic, thanks a lot Helifax! I've also installed The Old Blood and Wolfenstein 2, I think i'll give the whole franchise a run now, i'll hold for the updated fix however.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

skyrimer wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:31 am I gave the new fix a quick test and the game looks fantastic, thanks a lot Helifax! I've also installed The Old Blood and Wolfenstein 2, I think i'll give the whole franchise a run now, i'll hold for the updated fix however.
Which updated fix for what?
All the fixes are now updated and there are no issue from what I know :)

Glad you like it

Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

These games are awesome to have in smooth 3d! Really hope that the new Indiana Jones game from Machinegames will be fixable. Machinegames seems like the perfect fit to do a good Indy game for Bethesda, with solid gameplay mechanics :)
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Not sure I would call any of the Wolf games indie.. they are far from it, then even had the same composer as Doom and Doom Eternal (Mick Gordon) btw ;)

Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Well, I don’t see why they would change the engine, so it’s highly it will be fixable for 3D.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

helifax wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:39 am Not sure I would call any of the Wolf games indie.. they are far from it, then even had the same composer as Doom and Doom Eternal (Mick Gordon) btw ;)
Funny man :D
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

I just tried The Old Blood. Great fix Helifax, congratulations and THANK YOU.
These games really deserve to be played in 3D.

Performance is very good, enemy pop-in can still be quite savage at times (the big robots in the first levels being big offenders there, as they are bigger and can see you from afar, while you cannot see them LOL).

Some strange things I did not see in NWO:
- NPC animations seem jerky, as if the frame rate is lower (usually I see this in some game engines, but only when the models are far from your character, probably to save performance). I noticed this in the introductory level mostly, as afterwards you rarely have time to see the enemies movement, you enter shootouts quickly.
- Gun textures are missing in one eye. This is really annoying at first, but you get used to it since you don't look at the guns usually. (I will try to test some more, to see if it's related to either playing in SBS/TAB, or to selecting MONO EYE aiming)

Another thing I had to do, for my TV setup, was to not only disable full screen optimisations, but to also override scaling behaviour (in "Change High DPI settings"). Otherwise selecting anything else than native resolution will not trigger fullscreen.

I will finish the game and report back if I find anything major, or if I have further hints for the other users. It is very exciting to play this in 3D (otherwise, triple meh).
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Zappologist wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:10 am I just tried The Old Blood. Great fix Helifax, congratulations and THANK YOU.
These games really deserve to be played in 3D.

Performance is very good, enemy pop-in can still be quite savage at times (the big robots in the first levels being big offenders there, as they are bigger and can see you from afar, while you cannot see them LOL).

Some strange things I did not see in NWO:
- NPC animations seem jerky, as if the frame rate is lower (usually I see this in some game engines, but only when the models are far from your character, probably to save performance). I noticed this in the introductory level mostly, as afterwards you rarely have time to see the enemies movement, you enter shootouts quickly.
- Gun textures are missing in one eye. This is really annoying at first, but you get used to it since you don't look at the guns usually. (I will try to test some more, to see if it's related to either playing in SBS/TAB, or to selecting MONO EYE aiming)

Another thing I had to do, for my TV setup, was to not only disable full screen optimisations, but to also override scaling behaviour (in "Change High DPI settings"). Otherwise selecting anything else than native resolution will not trigger fullscreen.

I will finish the game and report back if I find anything major, or if I have further hints for the other users. It is very exciting to play this in 3D (otherwise, triple meh).
Something is wrong...
the Animations should not be janky or broken
The Gun textures should not be missing in any eye. They should be rendered correctly in both eyes as you saw in The New Order. This is a 100% Fixed Stereo3D game, not 50% and certainty no missing stuff.... Something is wrong...
(If you haven't checked the video yet, you can see exactly how it should work :D )

I forgot you use SBS/TB... I haven't checked that mode, but I will :)

Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

I've done some more tests, it takes time as the game has alot of intro phases, and also crashes to a black screen when I change resolution so I need to restart each time.
I think the janky movement is only present in the intro level, the part when you are infiltrated and you cannot fight.
The gun texture issue (part of left gun only visible in right eye, and vice versa) happens both with 3D Vision and with SBS/TAB. Changing aiming mode from MONO to RIGH EYE also did not make a difference. There might be something only affecting 3D TVs, so until another LG OLED user reports back we cannot be sure. I'm getting used to it so no need for you to investigate.
Last thing I might test if I have time is to install the game on my older PC which is hooked to my ASUS monitor, which might isolate the issue, but that PC also has an older Windows version and it might be a factor.
The good thing is that nothing prevents me from fully enjoying the game. I'm simply mentioning this because I know you're a perfectionist, and it also saves time in case other users are wondering as well.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”