Days Gone on PC this spring + more PS titles

Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Days Gone on PC this spring + more PS titles

Post by Chtiblue »

Losti wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:34 am I have fixed the taa blure things in UE4 so if i return Home this weekend i can have a look here.
Hope this is fixable here too because I can confirm that this blur is a mess that break the immersion.
It would be even better to disable it without breaking the map or to make a switch button to disable it when looking at the map...
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Today I was just driving around, keeping to myself as I always do, when suddenly I was attacked my a women and I had to kill her.
Then I got home and I started playing Days Gone again
:-)
A bandit camp caught my eye, so I too a look with my binoculars. I saw a sniper in a tower and crapped my pants. I'm armed with a piece of wood from a broken fence, and a hand-me-down pistol with 3 bullets. I said to myself that I cannot risk attacking them now, but then I manned up, sneaked around a bit, managed to stealth kill a few drugged-up rippers and got close to the sniper tower. I remembered I had a residue arrow, so I shoot it up the sniper's butt whereupon he proceeded to kill everyone else in the camp due to the rage-inducing chemicals in the arrow.
Then I snuck up the tower and took care of the sniper myself, from behind, like a ... real man?
Anyway, camp cleared, took a nap, and while sleeping I somehow learned to craft smoke bombs!

Man, what a masterpiece of a game and fix, thanks to Masterotaku. The systems are incredibly deep, was not expecting to this extent.
The fix is perfect from my point of view. It's just this crazy TAA that makes me puke, and some guns would benefit a lot from a dynamic cursor. So I'll try to put this on hold for a few days in case the TAA and cursors are addressed. This game is so awesome, it deserves the best first playthrough possible.
Ah, and thank you for the HUD toggle Masterotaku, it's great whenever you do this in your fixes. Not only I can take screenshots easily, but my TV also thanks you as I can avoid burn-in by not having the HUD active all the time.
Last edited by Zappologist on Wed May 26, 2021 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Zappologist wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:30 pm The fix is perfect from my point of view.
Nah, not yet.
Zappologist wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:30 pmSo I'll try to put this on hold for a few days in case the TAA and cursors are addressed. This game is so awesome, it deserves the best first playthrough possible.
8-) TAA issue solved. I managed to disable it in its compute shader. Literally flipping a "1" to a "0" at a specific point. It still needs the last "Engine.ini" configuration that I posted, because that configuration disables the TAA shaking that I think the shader can't touch.

About crosshairs, I fixed the normal gun one (it wasn't using the same screen coordinates as the others, so I had to disable that limitation). You may prefer to wait until I find all weapons and stereoize their crosshairs, however. Send me your save file on discord if you want me to fix that sooner, because I'm advancing slowly story wise.
Zappologist wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:30 pmAh, and thank you for the HUD toggle Masterotaku, it's great whenever you do this in your fixes. Not only I can take screenshots easily, but my TV also thanks you as I can avoid burn-in by not having the HUD active all the time.
I'm glad that it's getting some use. I was never too sure how many people cared about the HUD toggle in other games.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

masterotaku wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:30 pm

8-) TAA issue solved. I managed to disable it in its compute shader. Literally flipping a "1" to a "0" at a specific point. It still needs the last "Engine.ini" configuration that I posted, because that configuration disables the TAA shaking that I think the shader can't touch.
Awesome :woot
About crosshairs, I fixed the normal gun one (it wasn't using the same screen coordinates as the others, so I had to disable that limitation). You may prefer to wait until I find all weapons and stereoize their crosshairs, however. Send me your save file on discord if you want me to fix that sooner, because I'm advancing slowly story wise.
I'm send after this message my saves, but in my last saves I have left the crossbow for a sniper riffle but in my older saves I should have the crossbow, anyway Zappologist's saves will give you the crossbow
Zappologist wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:30 pmAh, and thank you for the HUD toggle Masterotaku, it's great whenever you do this in your fixes. Not only I can take screenshots easily, but my TV also thanks you as I can avoid burn-in by not having the HUD active all the time.
I'm glad that it's getting some use. I was never too sure how many people cared about the HUD toggle in other games.
HUD toggle is a must have for me too, like crosshair toggle (so many don't allow crosshair off :(
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

I was excited to see the HUD toggle included, I actually make one myself for every DX11 game I play using 3DMigoto. Thats why I was going to wait until the fix was finished before I add a toggle and start playing (thats how much I hate HUD "always on" elements :P ). So seeing that included, I just came on to download the WIP...and now see you had a breakthrough with the TAA issue :shock: . I will just wait for the next WIP, as I agree that TAA really ruins the image and camera motion even though it does a great job on jaggies for 1080p consoles. 4k PC gaming does not need that massive blur added, so awesome the work you are doing on this difficult game!!! :!:
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Glad to hear you managed to kill the TAA, it was killing my eyes. It was a kill or be killed situation ;-)

Regarding the crosshairs, don't worry about it, just do it at your own pace. I'm not sure what you mean by "the normal gun one". So far I think I saw dynamic crosshair only for a crappy rifle, and a crossbow. The rifle was replaced quickly by a slightly less crappy but still utter garbage assault rifle, and I had to stick with the initial handgun for days. Neither have dynamic crosshair. So either there are other handguns I did not find, or the game randomly gives you different weapons at the start, no idea.
But I don't think there are so many guns in the game, and I would very much doubt that many of them are very good. So just pick a few guns you like and fix the crosshair for those, then let us know which ones they are. Or, if fixing the crosshairs is a trivial mater of a couple of minutes work, maybe it's more efficient to make a backup save, see if there's a mod that unlocks everything, add money and buy them all, then fix them in bulk, a few each day whenever you feel like it.
Bottom line, don't worry about them, at least not on my account. Crossbow is quite fun and very useful, and that one is fixed.
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

Sorry this will be in french for Julien.

PS:

Julien tu peux utiliser mon test du lapin pour regler ton ecran/projecteur pour obtenir le meilleur relief. (Lien en description juste en dessous).

Tu peux aussi regarder mon vieux topic francais de 2009 sur le relief avec pas mal d'infos utiles paticulierement le 2eme post:
https://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/VideoSon/ ... 5098_1.htm

Par contre je pense pas que beaucoup parle francais ici.

@++
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

non pas des masses, mais il y en a qui suivent silencieusement je pense ;)
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

I always put the HUD near me, but if the crossair isnt auto or cant be disable, thats kinda harsh. ; )

I always edit the .ini, but some people don't get why !

Even Losti don't get my style : )

He said:

My answer:

The full conv with an 3D video to get what I like:
viewtopic.php?p=177477#p177477
Last edited by DugomFirst on Wed May 26, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Mrowinskijulien
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mrowinskijulien »

Merci dugomfirst, pour les liens.
Vive la communauté 3d incroyable et merci aux français profitant des correctifs de jeux 3d de participer aux financement de nos héros....
Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

Tried WIP2 here, all good. This game will kick some serious ass with a finished fix. Had to restrain myself to stop playing after the intro tunnel sequence. Will be so much fun to play it all!
3D Vision rig -> 8700k oc 4.9, asus rog 2080ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz ram, Win 7 running driver 425.31 on SSD1, Win 10 running driver 452.06 on SSD2, Win 10 running latest Nvidia driver for Vulkan3dV and 2D gaming on SSD3, for 3d vision display: 1080p on VG248QE (and sometimes 1440p on PG278PR), Valve Index or Optoma UHD42 projector
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

WIP 3: https://s3.amazonaws.com/masterotaku/Da ... ne_WIP3.7z

Sorry for the spam of versions, but the TAA disabling demanded it :).

By default TAA is forced off in two compute shaders. Pressing F5 restores it back.

New thing: stereoized map, road lines and icons. A few minutes ago I noticed that the map was polygonal and not a 2D image. So I stereoized it and other related elements.

Also fixed a few minor things, stereoized the handgun crosshair and the bike aiming crosshair.

With TAA disabled via shaders, the game makes a few things shake a bit, but the majority of the problem is solved with the last Engine.ini settings I posted.
There's still some kind of temporal effect on trees and grass (unrelated to the TAA shaders), but it's minor. Also, with TAA, the game was also forcing some sharpening that I still don't know how to disable.

I'll try to make a high convergence preset for the map in some future version.
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

masterotaku wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:20 pmAlso, with TAA, the game was also forcing some sharpening that I still don't know how to disable.
Have you tried:

r.CAS.Sharpen 0
r.MaxAnisotropy 16
r.DepthOfFieldQuality 0
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

DugomFirst wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:34 pm r.CAS.Sharpen 0
I didn't try this one yet (I didn't know about it). I'll try it after work. Yesterday I was trying to find the shader, but with UE4 not having named constants, it's hard to know where exactly in a shader sharpening is located.

Games like RE2 (RE Engine) have obvious constant names like "sharpness" inside the shader.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

DugomFirst wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:50 pm
He said:

My answer:

The full conv with an 3D video to get what I like:
viewtopic.php?p=177477#p177477
Sorry for your sea sickness but in games like Days gone where there are a lot of objects to pick up, a toggle auto-HUD is highly recommended (as objects notifications are in the HUD)!
Feisty_Fernando

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Zappologist wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:30 pm Ah, and thank you for the HUD toggle Masterotaku, it's great whenever you do this in your fixes. Not only I can take screenshots easily, but my TV also thanks you as I can avoid burn-in by not having the HUD active all the time.
This may be contingent on the display tech being used, however with a plasma it's usually bright reds which can cause burn-in and you only notice it when the screen is dark on occasion. I almost think OLED's are more prone to various color burn-in.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Yes, I was specifically talking about my OLED. This display tech suffers the most from image retention / burn in, all warm colors are big offenders.
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

Chtiblue wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:23 amSorry for your sea sickness but in games like Days gone where there are a lot of objects to pick up, a toggle auto-HUD is highly recommended (as objects notifications are in the HUD)!
I've already finish it on PS4, I only play for the story, so sadly I wont play it again... Even with marvelous 3DVision. I play all exclusive Playstation games on their release, I don't succeed on waiting 2 years for the PC version even if 3D could happened...

As you have read, I can manage extreme conv and depth, so Auto conv is not for me. If necessary I'll close an eye, like we naturaly do in real life for gun aiming, no problem here. For me toggle is ok auto is not, I create presets if needed.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

DugomFirst wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:39 am I play all exclusive Playstation games on their release, I don't succeed on waiting 2 years for the PC version even if 3D could happened...
I bought a PS4 for RDR2, played two hours then sold the PS4, I can't play 2D games anymore and it was a disgrace to play a gem like that in 2D ;)

And I don't regret as I played 1 year later on Pc with SD3D and will replay it when it will be a VK3Dready :woot
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

r.CAS.Sharpen=0 didn't help about sharpening.

Also, people. Open "d25d6c3b630a9b12-vs_replace.txt" and change "r0.x+=stereo.x*(r0.w-stereo.y*1.5);" to "r0.x+=stereo.x*(r0.w-stereo.y);". At first I thought it was only for the map "crosshair" but it turns out it's real dynamic depth for gameplay elements. So that "*1.5" adjustment has to go away.

Also move it up one line so it looks like this:

Code: Select all

r0.x+=stereo.x*(r0.w-stereo.y);
  o3.xyzw = r0.xyzw;
  o4.xyzw = r0.xyzw;
Not worth reuploading the latest WIP for now.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Sharpening figured out. I've just made a hotkey to enable it (I disable it by default). I'll try to get some more things done today before uploading (yet again) a new WIP version.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

GOTY

Better than scripty LOU, I replayed it in SD3D thx to RPCS3, it was great but Days Gone is a awesome mix between LOU and State Of Decay.

It's a modern RDR in a wild World too but you ride a bike instead of a horse 8)

We need a sequel, please sign the petition and spread the word:

http://chng.it/mYY6Zh6wZW
sgsrules
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by sgsrules »

I might be in the minority here, but I actually prefer using TAA, but this is probably due to my setup. I play 3d games on my projector so I'm limited to 720p, I use DSR to downscale from 1440p. Downscaling from a higher res eliminates a lot of the fuzziness inherent in TAA. I also use reshade to clean things up a bit. Aliased edges don't both me too much, but temporal aliasing is harder to ignore. In games with a lot of foliage, like Days Gone, everything shimmers while pixels crawl around, even while not moving. Enabling TAA makes the image much more stable, and if you're downsampling, the loss in clarity is negligible.

With all that said, I still had to disable TAA due to some weird depth issues with the ground decals. Whenever I run forwards it looks like the depth of the ground either goes slightly farther in, or the decals come out a slight bit. It basically looks like any ground cover like leaves and trash suddenly levitate. Running towards the camera has the opposite effect, the decals look like they sink into the ground. It's fairly subtle but a bit jarring. I'm assuming this is caused because the motion vectors used in TAA shift the stereo depth a bit. I've never noticed this in any other unreal game, so I'm not sure if it's because of the fix or an issue specific to this game. If there's quick fix for this that would be awesome, either way this fix is brilliant already. You've really outdone yourself Masterotaku!
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

sgsrules wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:58 pm I might be in the minority here, but I actually prefer using TAA, but this is probably due to my setup. I play 3d games on my projector so I'm limited to 720p, I use DSR to downscale from 1440p. Downscaling from a higher res eliminates a lot of the fuzziness inherent in TAA. I also use reshade to clean things up a bit. Aliased edges don't both me too much, but temporal aliasing is harder to ignore. In games with a lot of foliage, like Days Gone, everything shimmers while pixels crawl around, even while not moving. Enabling TAA makes the image much more stable, and if you're downsampling, the loss in clarity is negligible.

With all that said, I still had to disable TAA due to some weird depth issues with the ground decals. Whenever I run forwards it looks like the depth of the ground either goes slightly farther in, or the decals come out a slight bit. It basically looks like any ground cover like leaves and trash suddenly levitate. Running towards the camera has the opposite effect, the decals look like they sink into the ground. It's fairly subtle but a bit jarring. I'm assuming this is caused because the motion vectors used in TAA shift the stereo depth a bit. I've never noticed this in any other unreal game, so I'm not sure if it's because of the fix or an issue specific to this game. If there's quick fix for this that would be awesome, either way this fix is brilliant already. You've really outdone yourself Masterotaku!
Thats what i called motion sickness or ssr velicity fix...may be those names are a Bit stupid....in UE4-UV2. I have fixed this there. I will have a look here for this game may be its similar. Disable AA completely in ue4 was forcing the things to flicker/stummer/blinking points of light occures and so on. So i optimized those things also in the ini thats what i Call aa/ao improvements in the UE4-UV2 that will be apllied first you run the config tool. Ill check this settings here also. May be it/i can help here.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

+1 Losti
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

sgsrules wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:58 pm , but temporal aliasing is harder to ignore. In games with a lot of foliage.

With all that said, I still had to disable TAA due to some weird depth issues with the ground decals.
Did you change the rescale resolution in dx3d in to match with your down/upscale resolution? This solved the decals issue:

"If you check these lines in "d3dx.ini":
CODE: SELECT ALL

;Resolution scale of the game. Between 0.0 and 2.0, in 0.1 increments.
x10=1.0
That's for the internal resolution scaling of the game. If you want to use 70%, set "x10=0.7". If you want 150%, "x10=1.5".
You can change the value while playing and then press F10. Effects will only be correct if the percentage matches the correct x10 setting."
sgsrules
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by sgsrules »

Losti wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:14 am Thats what i called motion sickness or ssr velicity fix...may be those names are a Bit stupid....in UE4-UV2. I have fixed this there. I will have a look here for this game may be its similar. Disable AA completely in ue4 was forcing the things to flicker/stummer/blinking points of light occures and so on. So i optimized those things also in the ini thats what i Call aa/ao improvements in the UE4-UV2 that will be apllied first you run the config tool. Ill check this settings here also. May be it/i can help here.
These are the settings I've been using:
[SystemSettings]
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.Tonemapper.Quality=1
r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=0
r.MaxAnisotropy=16
r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=2
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1
r.TemporalAASamples=2
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2

It's not the typical TAA bluring or ghosting you see because it's actually changing the depth slightly. It wouldn't be noticeable if the decals and regular geometry were both affected the same. Instead, they render at separate depths when there is movement, it's most noticeable when moving forward or back.
Chtiblue wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:09 am Did you change the rescale resolution in dx3d in to match with your down/upscale resolution? This solved the decals issue:

"If you check these lines in "d3dx.ini":
CODE: SELECT ALL

x10=1.0
That's for the internal resolution scaling of the game. If you want to use 70%, set "x10=0.7". If you want 150%, "x10=1.5".
You can change the value while playing and then press F10. Effects will only be correct if the percentage matches the correct x10 setting."
I'm not using the in-game scaling. Scaling is done via DSR so the game renders at 1440p and the driver down samples. This shouldn't affect things at all, but thanks for the input.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Try it and you will know 😉
sgsrules
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by sgsrules »

Chtiblue wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:02 am Try it and you will know 😉
No it doesn't, this is a separate issue. I'm not using the in game scaling. DSR renders everything at the higher res, even including the reshade post processing, the downscaling is done through the driver at the end of the chain before it's displayed. Running the game at 720p without any scaling has the same issue. Game renders fine without TAA, reread my comments.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

WIP 4: https://s3.amazonaws.com/masterotaku/Da ... ne_WIP4.7z

It fixes sun occlusion, more volumetric effects, smoke, more water shaders, torch lights now at real depth, more stereoized specular reflections, characters eyes, etc.
Getting very close to what the final fix will be.

Hotkeys:
- F1: convergence presets (0, 50, 100, 150, 200, 300). 150 by default.
- F3: HUD depth presets. Screen depth by default.
- F4: HUD toggle. Not disabled by default.
- F5: TAA toggle. Disabled by default.
- F6: sharpening toggle: disabled by default.
- 0 (not the numpad): depth of field toggle. Not disabled by default. Buggy for the moment. It disables some smoke or turns it into weird colors. There's a way to disable it in Engine.ini with "r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0", but it won't be toggleable in real time. Just... ignore this hotkey for now.
- 9 (not the numpad): three dynamic HUD modes. By default only crosshairs are stereoized. With one press, mission, enemy and distance markers are stereoized, but also some text and other unintended things. Another press, and all dynamic HUD will be disabled. Note: elements won't pop out closer to you than screen depth. It was kind of necessary when optimizing the formula for maximum smoothness and minimum GPU usage.

Reminder about the "x10=1.0" setting in "d3dx.ini" to set it to your internal resolution scaling setting (50% is 0.5, 200% is 2.0, etc).

@sgsrules, your "Engine.ini" (located in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\BendGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\") settings are wrong and make the whole image shake. Reposting mine:

[SystemSettings]
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=0
r.TemporalAASamples=0
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0
r.TemporalAASharpness=0
r.Tonemapper.Quality=1
I simulated what 1440p DSR would be, as well as native 720p, and I saw no problems.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Hi Masterotaku, thank you for the new version, I've noticed one of my rifles now has nice dynamic crosshair which is great.
However, might have discovered an issue with the borderless windowed mode:

Lately, I've been playing nicely, using the WIP3 fix, in 1080p with borderless windowed. It's the only way that the game seems to be smooth enough in most areas. Because it's the only way I can make 3D trigger using 1080p. For some reason, rendering 4K and using the internal downscaler still does not feel smooth enough.
When I starting using borderless windowed + 1080p a few days ago, I noticed something but was too lazy to let you know, and kept playing: some ground decals or textures, in the proximity of the character, were at incorrect depth, or suffering from wrong projection/convergence, anyway, it was wrong.
So, guessing that it might have something to do with your custom formulas you had to do for this game specifically, I started playing around with the internal scaling, and discovered that selecting value 80 (while the ini had value 1) repaired the above issue. I did not mind and kept playing.

Today, trying your WIP4 fix, I noticed that the issue reappeared, but now I cannot find any good value in the scaling to solve it like before. Thinking that it might have something to do with your recent changes in the formula, I reverted to WIP3, then WIP2, but I cannot reproduce the previous behaviour. Now, for any scaling value in-game (kept it at 1 in the ini when playing/testing) those ground textures/projections are wrong.

Do you have any suggestions/ideas of what else I can test? I simply want to return to how I was playing before, even if it's with WIP3 or WIP2. The fact that I cannot reproduce this anymore even when reverting to those previous versions worries me a lot, as I did not change anything else on the PC.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Runs really nice here with 1440p no res scaling and masterotakus ini settings, added 50% sharpening from NVCP to make it real crispy :)

Beautiful game, AWESOME fix V4, and much much fun, thanks again masterotaku :woot :woot
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

:woot :woot :woot
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Problem solved, thank you Masterotaku for the assistance!

So, for 4K TV people like me, or others who for performance reasons have to play in non-native resolutions, The Master explained that his scaling formula is a multiplier x10 of the windows resolution.
So, when I was playing in full screen 4K downscaled in-game to 50, I set the ini to 0.5 and it worked well. However, when I changed to borderless windowed + 1080p (which thankfully still triggers 3D on passive TVs so it's another scaling option), I set scaling in-game to 100 and the ini to 1.0 thinking that borderless would work differently, when in fact I should have changed the ini to 0.5.

For some reason, I prefer rendering in 1080p borderless + scaling 100 in-game + ini scaling 0.5, instead of full screen 4K + scaling 50 in-game + ini scaling 0.5. It just feels smoother somehow, don't ask me why. It might also be just all in my head. Nevertheless, passive screens have this option which is great. For active screens staying with full screen will still give the best performance I imagine.
Now it's time to get back to enjoying this awesome game with Master's awesome fix, and thoroughly testing WIP4.
Thank you again, Masterotaku!
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

finally got some free time to test the fix, looks great. Sent a donation for resurrecting this game from the dead (these US>EUR conversion rates are brutal :lol:)

I'm sure this is just how it works for this games shaders, but I noticed the HUD toggle hos the HUD kind of move and fade in from the left when tuned off or on - is this the expected behavior? To be clear I am not complaining as it is not a big deal at all, just wanted to make sure I have things set up correctly and this is how it switches.

Only Issue I have is HDR, has anyone gotten HDR working in 3D? I can get it working in 2D and it looks spectacular. But with the fix, the HDR option is greyed out and states the display device is not HDR compatible. If I remove the dll HDR works, but with dll and 3D off HDR is not an option. Would love to get them working together in all their glory... :?:
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:51 am Runs really nice here with 1440p no res scaling and masterotakus ini settings, added 50% sharpening from NVCP to make it real crispy
Is your display 1440p native?

When I lower my resolution to 1440p to get acceptable frames, the ground texture or decal is then broken. When I set it back to my native 4k, it looks perfect. I tested the render scaling in game (I saw this should not be used, was just checking if its for this reason), and lowering it to 50% (1440p) seemed to produce same broken results. I would not expect setting the game to a different resolution to cause problems though, I am at the very first time you are able to control your character (tracking tutorial).

setting "global persist $mode = 5" in 3dvision2sbs.ini does not start the game in TaB either, I have to use F11 to get the desired output. I couldn't find a way to get this to kick in automatically on launch.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Shift-E wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:45 am When I lower my resolution to 1440p to get acceptable frames, the ground texture or decal is then broken. When I set it back to my native 4k, it looks perfect. I tested the render scaling in game (I saw this should not be used, was just checking if its for this reason), and lowering it to 50% (1440p) seemed to produce same broken results. I would not expect setting the game to a different resolution to cause problems though, I am at the very first time you are able to control your character (tracking tutorial).
As I wrote in my previous comment:
Reminder about the "x10=1.0" setting in "d3dx.ini" to set it to your internal resolution scaling setting (50% is 0.5, 200% is 2.0, etc).
Open "d3dx.ini" and go to the lines that say:

x10=1.0
"x10" is the name of a constant that I made work as a multiplier to the value that the game detects as the window resolution. No matter what resolution you use ingame, if you play in borderless the resolution it detects is the one your desktop uses. As Zappologist said, setting in borderless a different game resolution (not talking about scaling) than the desktop is a way to complicate the math for yourself. 1080p with 4K desktop and 100% scale needs "x10=0.5", just as if you used 4K ingame but 50% scale. You can change the value while playing, save the changes of the file, and then press F10 ingame to see the change in real time.

Ever since WIP 4 I fixed one or two very minor things, but I think I may wait until the fix is 100% ready to post the definitive fix on the blog (my opinion may change :p). I think I'm almost halfway into the story.

Edit: I can't help about HDR because I can't try it.

Shift-E wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:45 ambut I noticed the HUD toggle hos the HUD kind of move and fade in from the left when tuned off or on - is this the expected behavior?
Do you mean how the HUD compresses to the center when you toggle it off? I made that on purpose. I think it looks cool :p.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Oh sorry I thought that was only for scaling or borderless, I am using full screen. But maybe it’s not a true exclusive fullscreen, I will test out that ini setting and see if that fixes it. Thanks!
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Played a few hours and really enjoying the game, the fix is amazing! I tried to create a more customized HUD toggle, but quickly realized why you had to go "all or nothing". One of the PS even changed certain colors permanently when I marked it, never seen that before. I can only imagine how annoying this game was to fix! Your hard work is truly appreciated.

For anyone using a controller and hates the obnoxious HUD, I added a few hotkeys to make turning off the HUD less painful:

[KeyHUDToggle]
key = XB_DPAD_LEFT
type = cycle
y2 = 0, 1

[KeyHUDback]
key = XB_BACK
type = cycle
y2 = 1
transition = 150
transition_type = cosine
release_transition = 150
release_transition_type = cosine

[KeyHUDstart]
key = XB_START
type = cycle
y2 = 1

[KeyAimHUD]      
Key = XB_LEFT_TRIGGER
y2 = 1
type = hold
delay = 100

[KeyCraftHUD]      
Key = XB_LEFT_SHOULDER
y2 = 1
type = hold
delay = 100

[KeySenseHUD]      
Key = XB_RIGHT_THUMB
y2 = 1
type = hold
delay = 100
This way you can use your gun and have the reticle, or access the weapon wheel without having to toggle HUD back on. I also added the Survival Sense, so if you hold it (instead of pressing it) you can see the icons it finds. Aiming or Survival sense hold can then be used to get your bearings real quick as all HUD is displayed. I used DPAD LEFT for the HUD toggle since this was not used (hold is for healing). You can switch this to Xbox guide button or something else, I map it to a paddle on my elite controller as this is something you are going to be pressing a lot :D

Game is super immersive with masterotaku's masterful fix and no HUD :woot
sgsrules
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by sgsrules »

masterotaku wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:28 am @sgsrules, your "Engine.ini" (located in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\BendGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\") settings are wrong and make the whole image shake. Reposting mine:

[SystemSettings]
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=0
r.TemporalAASamples=0
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0
r.TemporalAASharpness=0
r.Tonemapper.Quality=1
I simulated what 1440p DSR would be, as well as native 720p, and I saw no problems.
I tried those as well and have the same results. Just to be clear, this issue is only present when TAA is enabled. It affects the ground decals and seems to also affect grass, or maybe it's just the decals around the grass. I'm guessing that things with alpha might be affected since both decals and grass have alpha. Here are some screenshots, but it might be difficult to tell without seeing it in motion:

Standing still: Renders correctly.
Moving forward: trash decals render at a closer depth than the ground/ levitate over the ground.
Moving backwards: trash decals render at a further depth than the ground/ sink into the ground.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”