Days Gone on PC this spring + more PS titles

DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Re: Days Gone on PC this spring + more PS titles

Post by DugomFirst »

It's a good game, to bad I've finished it on PS4...

I really start to miss 3D games... Between DX12, serie 30 drivers and no more 3D screen.

Damn !

I've also finished Horizon Zero Dawn + The Frozen Wilds / Red Dead Redemption / Detroit Become Human, could I've been better on PC and even more in 3D.
wrecked
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by wrecked »

“thebigdogma“, mate how are you getting it to work in CMU?, because right from the start if I have 3D vision enabled in ncontrol panel the game starts in window mode and low res even after the games setup for full screen high res initially, then when I apply settings “video driver crashed and was reset! make sure your drivers are up to date. Exiting.”.
Turn 3D off in ncontrol panel works fine. Made a CMU unleashed profile for days gone had it running start game set video settings crash same error. Reinstalled drivers a few times all DDU uninstall. Tested a few others games to make sure it’s working.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

wrecked wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:27 am “thebigdogma“, mate how are you getting it to work in CMU?, because right from the start if I have 3D vision enabled in ncontrol panel the game starts in window mode and low res even after the games setup for full screen high res initially, then when I apply settings “video driver crashed and was reset! make sure your drivers are up to date. Exiting.”.
Turn 3D off in ncontrol panel works fine. Made a CMU unleashed profile for days gone had it running start game set video settings crash same error. Reinstalled drivers a few times all DDU uninstall. Tested a few others games to make sure it’s working.
Hmmm... I did absolutely nothing to get it to work - worked from the start.

I am on W10 with driver 452.06 on a 2070 and am not using 3DFM. My driver is installed via Bring Back 3DV.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

I have picked up this fix again after some sleep and sucessfully fixed some issues. Together with Masterotaku i was able to fix more things. I am now encourged enougth to fix this game further because it has really good Reviews and i made some progress here. But this will take some weeks because i am Limited in Time.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Sweet! Excellent news!
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Great news indeed !!!
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Thank you Losti and Masterotaku!
Good luck, I really hope you crack this nut, for all of us.
I don't know why I'm obsessing over this game, I'm usually the "patient 3D gamer" type, waiting years to play a game in perfect 3D.
I guess there is a severe shortage of open world games in 3D in general, and also it hurts to think about how we are locked out from Horizon Zero Dawn, so when I saw this game was DX11 and Unreal engine I though this could be our chance to win one back for the PC team :-)
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Awesome news Losti, good luck!

This is the best game since a long time for me: open world, survival, just enough crafting, nice gun fights, great melle fights, Apocalyptic zombie world with nicz surprise all around, best motorcycle driving...

it will be difficult for me to stop playing it with SD3D but I'll try or I will replay it in G3D ;)
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Shift-E wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:51 am
Lysander wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:49 am On Discord, masterotaku gave some long-term hint of hope.
Ahhh just checked that out. I wonder how many games are in that fixing backlog, sounds extensive. A better man than me would just put the game on ice, but I am too tempted to check it out (and slum it in superdepth). Its a long game, so I will just play slowly here and there. Its the first AAA playstation game that is actually DX11, so its definitely enticing to just wait and see what the future holds...

In a crazy coincidence, I have yet to play a AAA open world game for the first time in 3D (only fake 3D - AC games, cyberpunk, Horizon, RDR2, Wildlands, etc). All fixed ones were my second time playing them (Dying Light, Witcher3, Fallout4, etc). I thought this was gonna be my first time exploring a new world in G3D, but Sony Bend had to throw us a curveball :roll:

Sounds like you need to develop some patience =) And I thought I was impatient. But I guess I only really came back to gaming last year so I have a huge backlog xD
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Losti

Post by Losti »

I am really sorry to announce that I am simply unable to fix this game. Even though I have successfully repaired some effects, which gave me hope, there are still so many effects left that I simply cannot repair that I have to give up at this point. The game is, like HELLBLADE, something for the absolute top elite of shader hackers, not for me. The game is far from OK even with my corrections so far. So you will have to wait until MASTEROTAKU feels like fixing the game, or DJ or another shader hacker who has more skills than me. I'm sad to have to admit it, but this game is far beyond my ability.
VegetaSuperSaiyan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by VegetaSuperSaiyan »

Ok I made some donations to Losti and Masterotaku. I pledge more 100$ to whoever fixes this game, all the best!
Losti

Post by Losti »

VegetaSuperSaiyan wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:29 pm Ok I made some donations to Losti and Masterotaku. I pledge more 100$ to whoever fixes this game, all the best!
I'm out, if you want, I'll be happy to pay back the donated amount, I can't fix the game, sorry.

Everyone who has send me some donation in hope i fix DG, please write me a message for refund!
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

I already got Vegeta's donation. I'd feel bad getting money for not doing anything yet, so... I just bought the game.
The price on gamebillet was fair, and I had a bit of wallet money to spend there.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

masterotaku wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:20 pm I already got Vegeta's donation. I'd feel bad getting money for not doing anything yet, so... I just bought the game.
The price on gamebillet was fair, and I had a bit of wallet money to spend there.
exciting news to have the master involved. This thread is like a roller coaster, ups and downs... best of luck! I hope its not as difficult as it sounds, but just want to say thanks to you and Losti for at least taking a look at it regardless of the outcome.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Awesome Masterotaku, I will donate, good luck with it 8)
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Shift-E wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:18 am I wasted too much time trying to get HDR to work in 2D first
I know you got this working, but something to keep in mind for playing other games in 2D/HDR in the future is that Windows now has the XBox Auto HDR feature
included in the latest version (might still be Beta version only)
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Yeah, this is a roller coaster :)

Thanks Master, also a small donation from me !
Also thanks to Losti for trying.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Progress after about 4 hours of fixing:

At least in that place at the beginning, remaining to fix:
- Screen space reflections.
- Screen space shadows?
- A bit more lighting stuff.
- Stereoizing specular reflections with regex.
- Realistic "volumetric" depth for volumetric lighting (for now it sticks to surfaces).
- Skybox.

I guess I'll find a lot more things to fix when I advance more into the game.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

masterotaku wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:08 am Progress after about 4 hours of fixing:

- Screen space shadows?
- Realistic "volumetric" depth for volumetric lighting (for now it sticks to surfaces).
- Skybox.

Incredible, now we're talking about the beauty of G3D ;) :woot :woot :woot
Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

HELL YES! This looks awesome - may be GAME OF THE YEAR 2021 IN 3DV this one :)
3D Vision rig -> 8700k oc 4.9, asus rog 2080ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz ram, Win 7 running driver 425.31 on SSD1, Win 10 running driver 452.06 on SSD2, Win 10 running latest Nvidia driver for Vulkan3dV and 2D gaming on SSD3, for 3d vision display: 1080p on VG248QE (and sometimes 1440p on PG278PR), Valve Index or Optoma UHD42 projector
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

+1 Tullebob 8)
Losti

Post by Losti »

Argh really feel bad if i See how fast tue Master fixes things for that i need days or not able to :-(

Master, can you send me the current state i need to check the flickering here. I am afraid that someting is wrong here with my new gpu
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Losti wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:29 am Argh really feel bad if i See how fast tue Master fixes things for that i need days or not able to :-(
No need to feel bad Losti, you made insane good fixes 8)

We always learn from each others, thanks to Masterotaku after that you will be increasing your shaderhacker skills ;)
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Dammit, looks incredible, thanks so much master!

And please share screenshots as you go, they're always so cool to look at :woot
Last edited by Lysander on Sat May 22, 2021 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Awesome!
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Good progress was made today (volumetric lighting, decals, dynamic crosshair, and other stuff). Expect to be CPU limited when you aren't GPU limited (it's demanding for both of them), but at least there are grass and geometry options that can help.

There is still a lot of work to do. Fixing this game is time consuming.

More screenshots tomorrow.
guitarlickz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by guitarlickz »

Seeing losti which is a genius himself lost with this game, only makes me wonder more about the mystical powers of the master.
Wish I had 1/1000 of these shaderhackers brain power to be able to fix games myself.
Thank you master. Donation on its way
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Great Masterotaku!
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Screenshot looks great! I'm very excited for this, open world, realistic graphics, in real 3D. A dream come true.
Congratulations on the progress, Masterotaku. Knowing how difficult true shaderhacking is in general, you make it sound easy. Your skills must be exceptional.
Last edited by Zappologist on Sun May 23, 2021 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
VegetaSuperSaiyan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Nice masterotaku, All the best!
Losti

Post by Losti »

Zappologist wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:20 am Screenshot looks great! I'm very excited for this, open world, realistic graphics, in real 3D. A dream come true.
Congratulations on the progress, Masterotaku. Knowing how difficult true shaderhacking is in general, you make it sound easy. Your skills must be exceptional.
Its not easy :-) And yes MASTERS skills are exceptional! Seeing the issues master is fighting here makes me knowing why i have had to throw the towel here ^^
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Losti, there's no shame in throwing in the towel. In my experience, the secret in life is to do what you do best, as well as you can, with honesty and being true to oneself.
I've enjoyed many games you fixed, and without your fixes I would have never experienced them at all. Without your knowledge and hard work and generosity to share, those fixes would not have existed at all, ever!
If Masterotaku can fix Days Gone, then that's yet one more game we will all enjoy, big win for everybody. If not, you guys gave it your best shot, according to your abilities. What more can someone expect?

You are all awesome and great 3D champions. Many people browsing these forums have no idea what fixing a game involves, so very few have the proper appreciation and show the proper respect. But over the years, following all the work you guys do on a daily basis, I think even the youngest and more recent 3D users start getting an idea how important you guys are to our niche community.
3D Vision has been killed and buried many times, by its own creator, by the industry, by the press/influencers. Yet in lives on somehow, by the efforts of a small group of exceptional people, which you can be proud to be a part of.
kagrra
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kagrra »

Chtiblue wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:41 am
masterotaku wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:08 am Progress after about 4 hours of fixing:

- Screen space shadows?
- Skybox.

Incredible, now we're talking about the beauty of G3D ;) :woot :woot :woot
How it works to enjoy this screenshots in 3D? :D
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

First work in progress version of the fix: https://s3.amazonaws.com/masterotaku/Da ... ne_WIP1.7z

First launch the game at least once without the fix, and then go to the configuration folder in:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\BendGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\

Open "Engine.ini" and add this:

Code: Select all

[SystemSettings]
r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0
r.PostProcessAAQuality=0
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=0
This will disable TAA.

Unzip the fix in the "Days Gone\BendGame\Binaries\Win64" folder.

Ingame, disable motion blur and don't use a resolution scaling other than 100%. You can use borderless fullscreen windowed and it will trigger 3D too.
I recommend using lighting on "High", because at the maximum setting are some extra ambient occlusion problems that need fixing.

Geometry quality and grass distance are the two settings that affect CPU usage the most.

Some screenshots (I'm not embedding them because it would increase the page load for everyone):
https://u.cubeupload.com/masterotaku/DaysGone015.jpg
https://u.cubeupload.com/masterotaku/DaysGone021.jpg
https://u.cubeupload.com/masterotaku/DaysGone024.jpg
https://u.cubeupload.com/masterotaku/DaysGone025.jpg

What is fixed:
- Lighting.
- Shadows.
- Decals.
- Skybox.
- Sun position (but not its occlusion, apparently).
- Volumetric lighting and fog.
- Screen space shadows.
- Water (the three shaders I found).
- Dynamic crosshair (not all textures yet, for example for the handgun). It won't be too smooth because it's a tradeoff between smoothness and GPU performance. For example I didn't put mission icons at custom depth to avoid even more performance loss. The rest of the HUD is at 40% depth for now.
- Other minor things.

Hotkeys:
- F1: convergence presets (0, 50, 100, 150, 200, 300). 150 by default.

There are still things to fix and I currently have a visual conflict between some volumetric fog shaders. A side effect of that is that rain can look wrong at night when light affects it.
VegetaSuperSaiyan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Wow! Amazing the screenshots look so nice, I don't mind waiting a few more days till the remaining effects also gets fixed. Or is this final?
In the meantime donating tomorrow, thanks mate for your time and hard work you put into it!
Gigabyte 2080 Super Gaming OC
Pg278QR
Windows 10 19042.928
Driver 452.06
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

VegetaSuperSaiyan wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:39 pm Or is this final?
"First work in progress version of the fix" -> Not final. Not until I try to fix everything and I've completed the game.
VegetaSuperSaiyan wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:39 pm In the meantime donating tomorrow, thanks mate for your time and hard work you put into it!
Thank you and everyone else for the support and encouraging words :).
guitarlickz wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:04 pm Seeing losti which is a genius himself lost with this game, only makes me wonder more about the mystical powers of the master.
Each of us is good at different things :p. I guess my "power" is trial and error, and having lots of shader patterns in my head from these 5-6 years of fixing.
A good way to "kill me" is having to fix a game that crashes on alt+tab.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Great to see a WIP already, Masterotaku. It will be very tough to avoid buying the game now, and I never buy full price.
Out of curiosity, I see often that using resolution scaling is not recommended for 3D fixes. What's the main reason for this? Does this feature triggers engine changes like new shaders, or new processes?
As someone who totally depends on this feature (or at least the one bundled with Migoto) I'm a little worried, since you say that the game is quite CPU hungry.
That being said, whenever shaderhackers warn to not use resolution scaling I always try it anyway, just to check. And, unless I'm wrong, I don't think I've ever had any issues with it. Which makes me think that it might not be an issue on systems with 3D TV + EDID override. Which , if true, would be great, as active monitor setups would not need this feature anyway.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Zappologist wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:31 pm Great to see a WIP already, Masterotaku. It will be very tough to avoid buying the game now, and I never buy full price.
I bought it here: https://www.gamebillet.com/days-gone-pre-purchase

It says 11% off, but at least compared to the European € price on Steam, it's more like 28.4% off.
Zappologist wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:31 pmOut of curiosity, I see often that using resolution scaling is not recommended for 3D fixes. What's the main reason for this? Does this feature triggers engine changes like new shaders, or new processes?
In the case of Days Gone, there are a lot of shaders where the fixing formula needs to be multiplied by half your internal resolution width.
The shaders themselves (the ones that need it) most of the time contain that value, and with that there's no problem with resolution scaling (different internal resolution than the output).
However, for me it was very unreliable and "random" to find with regex, and sometimes even completely missing.

For some reason, passing the "rt_width" to the shader didn't work for me. That would have been a decent alternative.

To be done with it quickly, I "cheated" and used a value containted in the StereoParams that tells you the output resolution of the game. So now it only works properly when the internal resolution of the game is the same as the output.

But don't worry about it. Even if I have to keep this cheat until the end, I'll give an option in "d3dx.ini" to configure your internal resolution %, and I'll use that in the shader fixing calculations. It won't be "dynamic", but it will get the job done, I think.

As for other games, I can only give the RE Engine example from the games I fixed: I stereoize / monoize some specific sizes of render targets compared to the output resolution. If the internal resolution is too low compared to the output resolution (exactly 50% or lower), unintended things happen.
Zappologist wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:31 pmAs someone who totally depends on this feature (or at least the one bundled with Migoto) I'm a little worried, since you say that the game is quite CPU hungry.
Resolution shouldn't affect the CPU. Or at most a very little bit.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Those pics looks incredible, I think you should rank up from Masterotaku to OtakuGod, it's just another level how it looks and the godlike trickery you're doing here to fix this game.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Thank you for the answer, very enlightening.
About resolution not affecting CPU much, in general I agree, but at least in my experience, 4K has such a big impact in 3D, that being able to render in 1080p via scaling (or at least SBS) is always the difference between unplayable choppiness and buttery smooth awesomeness. It might also be linked to the 3-core bug, since even if the GPU would like to to its job better at 4K, rendering in 3D DX11 still needs even more CPU power for the rendering pipeline, so it hits the ugly bug quicker and introduces stutter.

That's for the GameBillet link, it's indeed much cheaper than the European Steam price. 35Eur for new AAA game, it's unexpended.

Very excited about this. I think it will be the first AAA console exclusive that I ever play in 3D. The first one would have been Helifax's Detroit I think, unless I'm missing some. Not that there were too many of these, Horizon being the other one that comes to mind.
Thank you for giving us the chance to enjoy this in 3D!

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”