[Solved!] 3D Vision working with Samsung Odyssey G7 & 32" IPS monitors, but help needed!

Megapsychotron
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: [Solved!] 3D Vision working with Samsung Odyssey G7 & 32" IPS monitors, but help needed!

Post by Megapsychotron »

So seems the only way I could get the EDID_OVERRIDE tab to show up was to use the Import button in CRU, and importing my MSI inf that I had made earlier. Windows 10 did not let me Copy and Paste the MSI EDID into the G7 Override tab from the registry for some reason, so I entered it manually (triple checked it was entered correctly). After doing so, CRU showed that I was using the MSI monitor (seems good!). Then I changed the ID to the AUS27B1, started restart64.exe, and... something happened. The monitor image changed by having the scaling at 200%. The EDID in the OVERRIDE changed slightly in some of the entries, and CRU showed the monitor as a MUS instead of an MSI, still as a model MPG321QRF-QD monitor. In the Nvidia control panel, the GPU never saw the monitor as anything else but a Samsung G7, and the 3D Display type only as 3D Vision Discover. I might throw in the towel here if I can't get the EDID to change. I do like the G7 monitor, so I might keep it, but it has 3 dead pixels and reds/orange/blues show some scanlines. Maybe I'll dual monitor with my trusty ASUS VG278H.

Prior to starting all of this, I did disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Re: [Solved!] 3D Vision working with Samsung Odyssey G7 & 32" IPS monitors, but help needed!

Post by treeeddd »

Hmm...ok. The windows 10 I have is 1809, and the drivers I'm using are the 3d vision nvidia ones, 425.31 https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers ... n-products. I tried it with newer nvidia drivers, and it do anything when changing the monitor ID to AUS27B1. Basically what you are experiencing.

Try using the older 3d vision drivers, and that should do it.

It's definitely worth it getting 3d vision on the G7. I'll prepare an inf file as soon as I can, to see if that works.

EDIT: you definitely can still try 3d vision on the monitor if the stereoscoptic 3d tab in the nvidia control panels shows it as a generic CRT. All you have to do is flip the 3d glasses upside down, as it will use the default 3d vision drivers for the glasses. You won't be able to change the timing with nvtimingED until AUS27B1 is implemented in CRU.
Megapsychotron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Megapsychotron »

Well, the thing is, I upgraded my GPU to a RTX 4070 Ti. Unfortunately, those drivers are a no go for me :(

The monitor only shows up as 3D Discover in the control panel. Puts out an anaglyph 3D image. Which might be OK, but I don't have anaglyph glasses laying around and the colors are probably going to be weird. You got the monitor to show up as generic CRT with that MSI EDID, correct?
I did have a GTX 1080, but it's really not ideal for 1440p for newer games.

I just connected my ASUS VG278H 3D monitor. Even with this monitor and the newest drivers, I'm having some issues in DirectX 9 games. Bioshock works fine. Res Evil 6 hangs on startup. Command and Conquer 3 has reversed eyes. So I'll probably just sell the 3D monitor. I'll investigate playing flat games on my VR headset, there's an interesting movement there with VorpX and Geo-11. I'll keep my 3D emitter and a pair of Nvidia glasses in case I can get 3D working on this G7. I still have Geo-11 working on my 4K tv in the living room, so I won't have to totally abandon 3D. Thanks for the help, I'll try to tinker more with this. I think my breakthrough will have to come with a EDID that will stick, and getting the control panel to see the monitor as a CRT.
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

You got the monitor to show up as generic CRT with that MSI EDID, correct?
Nope, I don't think I did with the newer drivers. I was trying it on my rtx 2080 super, and so I just stopped at that. I have a 2080ti as well, but currently still getting my new 3d vision rig together with a 13th gen i7.

I'll try to see if I can get 3d vision with the newer drivers working on the G7, i.e getting the 3d stereoscopic tab to show up as generic CRT. I'll let you know if I can get it to work.
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

Ok, so I just tested it out again, I have the newest nvidia driver -studio version. I did the edid_override with the msi MPG321QRF-QD EDID which did bring up the generic crt in the NCP 3d stereoscopic tab. So far so good, then I hooked up my Dell s2716dg (official 3d vision monitor), which show it as a 3d vision monitor in the 3d stereoscopic tab. So far so good, now that I have the regedit of the Dell s2716dg in my regedit, I did an EDID_OVERRIDE with this monitor. I didn't have to change the monitor ID in CRU. after restart64.exe, it showed up as the Dell s2716dg when hooked up to the G7, and now the 3d stereoscopic tab shows up as the dell 3d vision monitor.

I didn't open nvtimingEd, which the settings will be changed under the dell s2716dg monitor ID, DELA0D1. So AUS27B1 is not used in nvtimingED. With the default timing of the 3d glasses, and the 3d glasses flipped over, it worked successfully in a dx9 game! I also didn't experience the 3d glasses not syncing up correctly, it synced up right at the first time I used it. And the 3d image is good, no tweaking necessary to nvtimingED.

Here's the dell s2716dg EDID:

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\DISPLAY\DELA0D1]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\DISPLAY\DELA0D1\5&2d35e11a&0&UID4355]
"DeviceDesc"="@monitor.inf,%pnpmonitor.devicedesc%;Generic PnP Monitor"
"Capabilities"=dword:000000e4
"Address"=dword:00000113
"ConfigFlags"=dword:00000000
"ContainerID"="{04844050-e5fb-59c5-8425-84cb4a05d76d}"
"HardwareID"=hex(7):4d,00,4f,00,4e,00,49,00,54,00,4f,00,52,00,5c,00,44,00,45,\
  00,4c,00,41,00,30,00,44,00,31,00,00,00,00,00
"CompatibleIDs"=hex(7):2a,00,50,00,4e,00,50,00,30,00,39,00,46,00,46,00,00,00,\
"ClassGUID"="{4d36e96e-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}"
"Service"="monitor"
"Driver"="{4d36e96e-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\\0009"
"Mfg"="@monitor.inf,%generic%;(Standard monitor types)"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\DISPLAY\DELA0D1\5&2d35e11a&0&UID4355\Device Parameters]
"EDID"=hex:00,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,00,10,ac,d1,a0,51,54,47,31,22,1d,01,04,a5,3c,\
  22,78,06,ee,91,a3,54,4c,99,26,0f,50,54,21,08,00,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,\
  01,01,01,01,01,01,01,56,5e,00,a0,a0,a0,29,50,30,20,35,00,56,50,21,00,00,1a,\
  00,00,00,ff,00,23,41,53,4e,4f,71,6a,37,6b,45,43,48,64,00,00,00,fd,00,1e,90,\
  22,de,3b,01,0a,20,20,20,20,20,20,00,00,00,fc,00,44,65,6c,6c,20,53,32,37,31,\
  36,44,47,0a,01,0c

Also, you can opened up the EDID to copy/paste it into the G7 EDID_OVERRRIDE, it just needs to be copied and pasted within regedit. Let me know how it works out for you. This actually turned out better than expect, because the 3d glasses sync up on the first try and it worked on my 2080 super. Can't wait to try a more powerful card for 3d vision gaming!
Megapsychotron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Megapsychotron »

Sounds exciting, thank you for that. I'll start with the Studio driver and start again. One thing that I think I messed up, I didn't have the emitter plugged in when checking for generic CRT. I found an old article that states that generic CRT is only an available option with the emitter plugged in. D'oh!
Megapsychotron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Megapsychotron »

I have an update: I got 3D working on the G7. I downloaded an INF of the Dell S2716DG using the Wayback Machine to get to an old 3DVISION BLOG page where folks were sharing 3D Vision monitor inf's. I disabled Driver Signature Enforcement (probably won't stick when I power down or restart my machine) but it did enable me to use the INF through changing the monitor driver in the Device Manager. In the Nvidia CP, the monitor shows up as the Dell monitor, and the 3D option shows up as 3D Vision Ready. This is on Win 11 and the latest Nvidia Driver. To keep things simple for now, I tried a couple DX9 games. Command and Conquer 3 and Batman Arkham City work in 3D!. My glasses work correctly, I don't need to wear them upside down. My issue so far though is that the convergence from top to bottom seems to be inconsistent, resulting in varying degrees of crosstalk. If I dial in the picture at eye level, the middle part of the screen can look pretty good, but the top and the bottom are off and showing double-image. On C&C 3, I noticed that on the bottom fourth of the screen it appears the image kind of "falls off" a bit like a waterfall. On Batman, I find myself increasing and decreasing convergence to try to get a reasonable picture, and during cutscenes I'm jockeying those controls to keep the picture acceptable.

But it's a promising start! The image is quite crisp and bright.

At this point, should I start experimenting with the nvtimings program to try to correct the picture? I've never used it before, is it intuitive?
Megapsychotron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Megapsychotron »

Another mini-update. Looks like I might have been incorrect about the glasses. Using them upside down and turning on Adaptive Sync appears to have resolved a lot of the convergence issues. It's not perfect, there is some cross-talk, and in some cases the 2D elements are not correct. But testing with Batman and Resident Evil 6, looking pretty good and playable. Maybe with tweaking of the NV timings I can get this display looking better in 3D, but if not, I think this is satisfactory to me. The resolution and size increase, not to mention the brightness, really more immersive than the 27" Asus 1080p monitor I was using before.
Megapsychotron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Megapsychotron »

I played around more with this tonight. I'm happy to report that using this method https://www.minitool.com/backup-tips/di ... 1k7_toofq& (cmd permanent and then advanced functions in restart) my Dell inf EDID override is holding up with power cycles. I did have to disable Secure Boot in the UEFI to get the cmd commands to work (I'm on Win 11).

Treeeddd, I tried your nvTimings from the and I must say that they made a big improvement in stabilizing the image. Only difference is that I didn't touch the refresh rate, which shows up in nvtimings as 119.997. Also, your glasses command order are different. On mine, I have come to the conclusion that I don't need to wear the glasses upside down. With your settings, the crosstalk problems are reduced, and I can get a really nice image in the center. Some instability of the 3D remains in mostly the upper 6th of the screen; it's usually easy to ignore. If it's possible to further improve the crosstalk, I might experiment with with the glasses timings further. Do you know what the different variables (Z frame time, W, X, Y active time) in nvtimings do? My download of it didn't have any readme or documentation.

My settings on the G7 are 240 Hz, Adaptive Sync OFF, Response Time - Standard.

One curious thing I found is that the Test image in the Nvidia Control Panel panel does not kick into 3D at all, which makes using that as a way to check what nvtimings changes do unavailable to me. Another weird thing is that changing the depth setting in the control panel does not work; it's stuck at 81% (the setting I had with my Asus monitor). I can change depth and convergence in games, but the Ctrl + F7 save function does not work, either. So everytime I start up a game, I need to dial the in depth and convergence. Not sure why it won't save. I find 25% depth on this monitor looks really nice and mitigates some of the crosstalk. I don't think crosstalk is the correct word for the strange problem it has at the top of the screen; its like the left and right images are not aligning as they should. But your nvtimings definitely improved it, so I'm thinking that there is a possibility to diminish or eliminate it with tweaking. But even if I can't improve it, I am definitely happy with the result I have now.

Anyway, I want to thank you for guiding me. This was kind of leap of faith purchase, I never would have pulled the trigger without knowing others had achieved 3D on this monitor, and even then it didn't seem like it was going to work out for me for a moment.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

downloaded an INF of the Dell S2716DG
, yeah the INF method never stuck and always reverted back, that's why I went with the CRU tool and regedit EDID override method.
I noticed that on the bottom fourth of the screen it appears the image kind of "falls off" a bit like a waterfall.
. This was the initial issue we had with the original poster of getting the G7 working, apparently the override of the edid was the issue with what he used initially, which is from the PG278QR INF. The screen would not stay sync to the glasses, the crosstalk would cycle from the top to the bottom of the screen. It took me a long time dialing in the nvtimingED settings good enough for it not to micro sync like that. Eventually, I stumbled upon using the mpg321qrf edid override and that completely fixed the micro sync issue.
tried your nvTimings from the and I must say that they made a big improvement in stabilizing the image
Glad it's working for you.
With your settings, the crosstalk problems are reduced, and I can get a really nice image in the center
So this was always an issue when trying to get the 3d image to sync up correctly. That's why I used the nvidia 3d image previewer before hand to get the correct sync before opening up a game. I notice that it didn't work with the newest nvidia studio drivers, but it does work with the older drivers with the older 3d vision supported GPUs. With the older drivers, everything works as it should.
I can change depth and convergence in games, but the Ctrl + F7 save function does not work, either. So everytime I start up a game, I need to dial the in depth and convergence.
yeah the newer nvidia studio drivers may not be completely compatible with 3d vision. Might invest in an older 3d vision GPU system for getting the 3d crosstalk completely eliminated with the nvidia 3d image preview working.
But your nvtimings definitely improved it, so I'm thinking that there is a possibility to diminish or eliminate it with tweaking. But even if I can't improve it, I am definitely happy with the result I have now.
With the older 3d vision drivers, I can completely eliminate the crosstalk from top to bottom, because I can launch the 3d nvidia image preview as many times as needed to get a crosstalk free 3d image before starting a game. What's interesting is that I have a 2080super with the 2080ti drivers installed without error, I haven't it with the older nvidia drivers yet. I have a 2080ti as well, yet to get this system together for a 3d vision gaming pc.
Anyway, I want to thank you for guiding me. This was kind of leap of faith purchase, I never would have pulled the trigger without knowing others had achieved 3D on this monitor.
No problem! For me it's really exciting to see the progress in technology that allowed us to further enjoy 3d vision gaming at it's best. This year, we may possibly finally have an IPS panel that is 3d vision capable. They are advertising it as rapid IPS, it certain does seem capable of 3d vision gaming. Currently there's the ASUS ROG Swift 360Hz 27” 1440P HDR Gaming Monitor (PG27AQN) which just recently got a backlight strobing implementation, (meaning it's most definitely will work with 3d vision). The issue is that it's marketed as a high end gaming monitor, so it's super expensive.

Recently I saw an msi 32 inch 4k 160hz rapid IPS display on youtube at computex. Hopefully this will be fast enough for 3d vision gaming, but have to wait for reviews.

Still the G7 is awesome for what it can do, I might get the neo G7 as they seemingly are dropping in price lately.

I usually check this forum daily for updates, but apparently completely missed this thread update. :shutter

refer to this thread viewtopic.php?t=26333, perhaps you could try the "disable fullscreen optimizations" on nvsttest.exe
and report back. Or try the crosire /chiri dll solution I proposed
Thanks for that 3dnovice. I will try it out
I'm happy to report that using this method https://www.minitool.com/backup-tips/di ... 1k7_toofq& (cmd permanent and then advanced functions in restart) my Dell inf EDID override is holding up with power cycles. I did have to disable Secure Boot in the UEFI to get the cmd commands to work (I'm on Win 11).
I'll have to try this out, will make it alot easier for others to override their EDID in the future.

Try this mpg321qrf INF to see if it will resolve the crosstalk "waterfall" issue, I call it "micro sync" which was fixed with the mpg321qrf EDID override on mine when using the older nvidia 3d vision drivers.
Megapsychotron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Megapsychotron »

treeeddd wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:06 pm
Try this mpg321qrf INF to see if it will resolve the crosstalk "waterfall" issue, I call it "micro sync" which was fixed with the mpg321qrf EDID override on mine when using the older nvidia 3d vision drivers.
I'll try to restore the 3D test view first. If that fails, I'll try this INF.
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

So I was playing around 3d vision today on my 2080 super, with the 2080 ti drivers and the older supported 3d vision drivers. This worked fine with everything working as it should, The 3d image preview works, nvidia control panel stereoscoping slider works. All the edid_override regedit worked fine as well.

Now the issue I ran into is the nvtimingED settings I had previously setup with the 2080ti didn't work. But luckily I remember how to tune the timing of the 3d glasses to get to to sync just right. So this may be an issue you may run into and will need to fine tune the nvtimingED values. For example, my new refresh rate is set to 119.998hz under the frequency box in nvtimingED. My new vertical values are 1440,0,1,0,121,122,1562 for the total. Everything else is the same as the above settings from the previous image.

So tuning the nvtimingED can be a bit cumbersome, as you will definitely need to get the 3d image preview working in order to check if the glasses are syncing correctly. I found out that you can run a game, do an Alt+tab to the desktop and restart the 3d glasses by closing and opening the 3d image preview to resync the 3d glasses without having to launch the game again.

For tuning nvtimingED, what you want to look for is how the crosstalk is syncing to the 3d glasses, it's going to move up or down depending on the refresh rate set in nvtimingED, Fine tuning is going to require the refresh rate to be in the thousandth of the hertz to get the 3d glasses to sync perfectly to the monitor. You can change the veritcal blanking line up/down to unlock a refresh rate that cannot be selected as it doesn't seem to allow for that much fine tuning in the refrate rate settings alone.

So yeah, you will need to tune your nvtiminged settings to match up with your gpu and the monitor. But the settings I provided should be in the range of where you want to set the nvtimingED values to. Just make sure you keep an eye on how the crosstalk moves, up or down. So you can hone in on what the refresh rate should be in order to stabilize the crosstalk, so you can keep a crosstalk free 3d image for as long as possible without needing to restart the 3d image preview.

I'm not sure if the newer series GPU can use the older rtx2000 series, if so that will make it easier to run the older 3d vision drivers so you can have a working 3d image previewer.
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

So a new development I had with the odyssey G7 working with 3d vision. This time it didn't have issues with the glasses syncing to the monitor, although it will needs to be restarted a couple of time to get a crosstalk free 3d image. What happened was that I replace my 2080super with my 2080ti, the 2080super was running the 2080ti drivers without issues with 3d vision working. Although I had to dial in the nvtimingsED settings again for the 3d glasses.

Upon installing the 2080ti, I found that I had to reinstalled the EDID edit again, which was easy enough as I'd saved the EDID reg file to merge back. But the nvidia control panel wouldn't allow me to select the 3d option for the stereoscopic display optio, so I did a clean install with DDU gpu driver uninstaller. Reinstalled the older official nvidia drivers for 3d vision, along with 3dfix manager 3d vision drivers. So everything installed fine without an issue. Then I had to do the edid edit again for the odyssey G7 to work with the 3d vision drivers. This time all I did was did the regedit merge of 2 displays EDID that I had used previously to get 3d vision to work. Upon installed them, I found out that the display didn't have any sort of sync issues that I had previously gone through with tuning the nvtimingED to the get the 3d glasses to sync up with the monitor. This time it just worked without any tweaks to nvtimingED.

Just wanted to update my findings so others can have a trouble-free install, once they do the EDID override.

First use the this EDID override:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\DISPLAY\MSI3DB8]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\DISPLAY\MSI3DB8\4&3b6ccb19&0&UID4161]
"Address"=dword:00001041
"ContainerID"="{8ab693fd-ee4e-56c8-9f84-ab35bb87ceb1}"
"HardwareID"=hex(7):4d,00,4f,00,4e,00,49,00,54,00,4f,00,52,00,5c,00,4d,00,53,\
"Service"="monitor"
"Driver"="{4d36e96e-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\\0006"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\DISPLAY\MSI3DB8\4&3b6ccb19&0&UID4161\Device Parameters]
"EDID"=hex:00,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,00,36,69,b8,3d,00,00,00,00,01,1e,01,04,b5,47,\
  28,78,3b,4b,f5,af,4e,30,bb,25,0d,50,54,bf,cf,00,d1,c0,71,4f,81,c0,81,40,81,\
  80,95,00,b3,00,01,01,69,5e,00,a0,a0,a0,29,50,30,20,b8,04,c4,8f,21,00,00,1a,\
  dc,ff,00,a0,a0,a0,14,50,30,20,35,00,c4,8f,21,00,00,1a,00,00,00,fd,00,30,a5,\
  fa,fa,42,01,0a,20,20,20,20,20,20,00,00,00,fc,00,4d,50,47,33,32,31,51,52,46,\
  2d,51,44,0a,01,62
then use this EDID override, which is what I'm using currently:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\DISPLAY\SAM7058\5&61ee732&1&UID4355]
"Address"=dword:00000113
"ContainerID"="{3185e8c4-29e0-525c-9d56-3c8c9acfc021}"
"HardwareID"=hex(7):4d,00,4f,00,4e,00,49,00,54,00,4f,00,52,00,5c,00,53,00,41,\
  00,4d,00,37,00,30,00,35,00,38,00,00,00,00,00
"Service"="monitor"
"Driver"="{4d36e96e-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\\0003"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\DISPLAY\SAM7058\5&61ee732&1&UID4355\Device Parameters]
"EDID"=hex:00,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,00,06,b3,b1,27,45,36,58,43,29,1f,01,04,b5,46,\
  28,78,3b,43,a5,b1,4c,47,a6,25,10,50,54,2f,cf,00,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,\
  01,01,01,01,01,01,01,39,fd,00,ab,a0,a0,1a,52,17,20,18,04,80,68,21,00,00,1a,\
  e3,a0,00,a0,a0,a0,4b,50,30,20,35,00,80,68,21,00,00,1a,00,00,00,fd,0c,3c,f0,\
  67,67,62,01,0a,20,20,20,20,20,20,00,00,00,fc,00,4c,43,33,32,47,37,78,54,0a,\
  20,20,20,20,01,e5

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\DISPLAY\SAM7058\5&61ee732&1&UID4355\Device Parameters\EDID_OVERRIDE]
"0"=hex:00,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,00,06,b3,b1,27,45,36,58,43,29,1f,01,04,b5,46,28,\
  78,3b,43,a5,b1,4c,47,a6,25,10,50,54,2f,cf,00,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,\
  01,01,01,01,01,01,39,fd,00,ab,a0,a0,1a,52,17,20,18,04,80,68,21,00,00,1a,e3,\
  a0,00,a0,a0,a0,4b,50,30,20,35,00,80,68,21,00,00,1a,00,00,00,fd,0c,3c,f0,67,\
  67,62,01,0a,20,20,20,20,20,20,00,00,00,fc,00,4c,43,33,32,47,37,78,54,0a,20,\
  20,20,20,01,e5
"CRU_Name"=hex:01,4c,43,33,32,47,37,78,54
"CRU_Serial_Number"=hex:00,48,34,5a,52,41,30,30,30,37,35
"CRU_Range_Limits"=hex:00,00,32,00,f0,00,1e,01,66,03,d4
"CRU_Extensions"=hex:02
"1"=hex:02,03,1c,40,47,90,3f,1f,04,13,12,03,23,09,07,07,83,01,00,00,e3,05,c0,\
  00,e3,06,05,01,5a,87,80,a0,70,38,4d,40,30,20,35,00,e0,0e,11,00,00,1a,23,e8,\
  80,78,70,38,87,40,1c,20,98,0c,e0,0e,11,00,00,1a,6f,c2,00,a0,a0,a0,55,50,30,\
  20,35,00,80,68,21,00,00,1a,98,e2,00,a0,a0,a0,29,50,08,40,35,00,80,68,21,00,\
  00,1a,02,3a,80,18,71,38,2d,40,58,2c,45,00,e0,0e,11,00,00,1e,00,00,00,00,00,\
That should just do it. You'll need to tweak the nvtimingED to swap the eyes for the 3d glasses, also the last setting for adjusting the shutter speed should be set to 5000 or less, so you won't experience crosstalk at the top and bottom of the monitor. That's it.
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

BTW, if I didn't misunderstood it, does it mean that every 120hz(or higher) monitor is capable of working as a nvidia certifeid 3d monitor, as long as follow your guide? What about laptop monitor of 1080P@144?
Yes and no, It depends on the monitor's pixel timing refresh rate, so if that is fast enough, then it's possible to use it as a 3d vision display. Pretty much OLED monitors are going to be fast enough, but needs a brightness of 250nits fullscreen for enough brightness to get through the 3d glasses. QD-oled is the only monitor right now that has enough fullscreen brightness.

IPS monitors from last year and older, aren't fast enough for 3d vision even with a good backlight strobing. There are newer generation of IPS monitors releasing this year that should be fast enough for 3d vision, but are still very expensive as they are marketed as a 360hz gaming monitor.

The thing with the samsung odyssey G7, is that it uses a 240hz VA panel with very fast pixel transition times, and with ok fully black to white that can show up as overdrive shadows for the darker scenes. In gameplay it's not really noticeable.

As for laptops, I can only conclude that the oled 120hz QHD panels with the rtx gpus can do 3d vision if the panels are connected to the nvidia gpu and not the integrated graphics. All other types of panel for laptops may not be fast enough. I can't verify if the oled laptops will work with 3d vision by EDID override without trying it myself, but it could work with the EDID override.

So currently the best bet for 3d vision to work on a non 3d vision certified monitor is the samsung odyssey G7, I prefer the 32inch model for the bigger screen size. the 4K neo versions of the G7 might be able to work as well, as they use the same panel tech. There are the 240hz and the 175hz model, this may make a difference as well, as the G7 needs to be set in 240hz on the OSD for it to be fast enough for the 3d vision to work.

I'm waiting for these newer IPS panels to be release, and samsung 2nd gen QD-oled panels in the odyssey G85 will provide a brighter picture as well.
RaviDakka
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by RaviDakka »

Hi @treeeddd , Great to see you find 3D vision kit working fine with Samsung odyssey G7 (Non 3d ready monitor). We request you to kindly provide simple layman instructions to make Samsung odyssey G7 as 3D monitor, recognized by 3D Vision 2 Kit, glasses and monitor synching. (Tools involved and steps required).
egy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by egy »

Can I get it to work on my AOC 24G2 (Freesync/144hz/IPS) Monitor?
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

egy wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:14 am Can I get it to work on my AOC 24G2 (Freesync/144hz/IPS) Monitor?
edit;
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Gatorkea
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Gatorkea »

Should this be able to work on an HDMI 2.0 connection?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gatorkea
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Gatorkea »

I was asking because I have a 2080 ti that has issues with using DiplayPort , I think it is defective. HDMI works fine. But I think I have my answer after rereading this thread, the monitor needs to be set to 240hz. I have the 27 inch G7
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

AOC 24G2
no, for IPS to work, you'll need one of those 27 inch 360hz 2023 ips panels, that originally release for 1000 bucks.
Should this be able to work on an HDMI 2.0 connection?
Yes, 3dvision will work on HDMI on the G7, nice to have because originally 3dvision only worked on DP for certified monitors. While back then, hdmi wasn't couldn't support the 120hz@1440p. The process of edid override is the same. it does work well, the only issue is getting the 3d glasses to sync up, but once it's set it won't need to be changed.

I'm looking to get a qd-oled monitor, should work even better than the G7. Will report back on my findings.
NeIVIeSiS
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NeIVIeSiS »

Did you get this to work?
18000rpm
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 18000rpm »

I have a Sony X95K which supports up to 4K120P, and a set of Nvidia 3D Vision V1 kit. The TV supports black frame insertion which should help 3D. Can anyone suggest what EDID I should use to get 3D working? And do I need to set it to 1080P 120P or can I use 4K120P?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

18000rpm
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 18000rpm »

I'm using RTX 3080, with good quality HDMI 2.1 cable that can do 4K120P reliably. Yes it correctly does 120P. Previously I had a 3D-capable TV and could select 1080P 3D frame packed mode and use Nvidia 3D Vision. I have no idea how I can get any 3D modes now to trick the TV to display 3D.

1 GPU Model - RTX 3080
2 Display Model - Sony 85X95K
3 Driver Version - latest studio driver
4 OS + version number - Windows 11, latest updates
5 Have you ever had your system and/or this game working in 3D before? - Yes when I had a 3D-capable TV.
6 What have you tried so far? - Just plugged in Nvidia 3D Vision Kit, can't get any 3D modes.
7 Are you using Geo-11 - No
8 If you are trying to get a fix to work with HelixVision, then say so - No
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

18000rpm
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 18000rpm »

Ok thanks for all the info, I'll give it a try. FYI I'm not looking to play games in 3D, only to watch videos.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”