Minoru 3D Webcam ships this week

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Minoru 3D Webcam ships this week

Post by yuriythebest »

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/05/mino ... ks-freaky/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In case you haven't noticed, 3D is the topic of this year's CES. And we're not talking about 3D HDTVs exclusively -- we're talking about 3D figurines that double as webcams. To be quite honest, the USB 2.0 Minoru 3D Webcam is ripe for a Billy Mays plug, but considering that he's charging like seven figures per promotion these days, Minoru is settling for the spotlight in Vegas. The device features two cameras spaced "roughly the same distance apart as human eyes" in order to create a stereoscopic effect, and buyers get five pairs of 3D glasses just in case you lose one (or four). For those interested in seeing even more depth in their video chats, you can snag one from Amazon on January 8th for $89.95. Full release is after the break.
the cost I must say is a little high- you can either get this or 2x 15$ webcams, the lack of normal output 3d modes is disappointing - though earlier it was demoed with a vuzix HMD so they should be available somehow. Also The resolution specifications are misleading- it says the max fps is 30fps and the max resolution is 800x600 however it does not say 800x600@30fps or 640x480@30fps so I have but to assume that it will actually do only 352x288@30fps- my webcam rig is better :)
That said I welcome the fact this thing will appear as it's the first of its kind.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Minoru 3D Webcam ships this week

Post by Okta »

Now you can have a video call with someone while both wearing anaglyph glasses :roll:
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

Okta wrote:Now you can have a video call with someone while both wearing anaglyph glasses :roll:
Or both wearing a VR920. That's even stranger since you can't see the other person eyes. That's like talking to Geordi LaForge from Star Trek (do a google image search). :D
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I will call mine "Gizmo" when I get one:
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Tril wrote:
Okta wrote:Now you can have a video call with someone while both wearing anaglyph glasses :roll:
Or both wearing a VR920. That's even stranger since you can't see the other person eyes. That's like talking to Geordi LaForge from Star Trek (do a google image search). :D

yeah that would be weird

Last edited by yuriythebest on Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:06 am, edited 6 times in total.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Freke1 wrote:I will call mine "Gizmo" when I get one:

Lol! That struck me too!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

yuriythebest wrote: yeah that would be weird

Hahahahahhaahahahahahahaahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahaah!!!
metalqueen

Post by metalqueen »

LOL! I love this video! You are so talented. :D
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Waaaaaazzzzzuuuuuup! :mrgreen:

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”