how to set refresh rate in Interlaced mode ?

distantreader
Cross Eyed!

how to set refresh rate in Interlaced mode ?

Post by distantreader »

Hi all,

Continue the feedback on beta 1.1, I'd like to post what found on the games tested:

Prince of Persia 08 and Gothic 3 has terrible flickering problem (probably 60Hz), is there a way to increase the refresh in the driver or elsewhere ? (Oblivion and Witcher on the other hand don't have this flickering issue.)

Specs: Sony 21" CRT running at 1600x1200 @100Hz setting.
Driver: Forceware 180.48, iZ3D 1.10 beta in Interlaced mode.

Some games have refresh settings as options but they are rather low ie around 60-80Hz and there is no way around it. For these kind of games (Gothic 3) what should users do to increase the refresh rate for the interlaced mode? Or are the two related at all? I guess the reason I even bring this question up somewhat rooted in the fact that the control panel of the iZ3D driver having no options to set refreshing rates, a amenity that I'm used to with Nvidia stereo control interface. I know, they are not quite the same thing one being pageflip and the other interlaced, but as an user I'd like to have a interface with explicit controls (read easy to understand) since both have direct effect on flickering issue.

DR

PS: Didn't mean to post a new topic, admin/mod pls move this to the new beta release thread if possilble. Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: I found an alternative fix by using a freeware "refreshlock 2.21" and locked the monitor rate at 100Hz at 1600x1200 and that solved the flickering issue in Prince of Persia. However for consumer release I recommend IZ3D has a refresh rate setting feature similar to Nvidia control panel. Thanks guys.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: how to set refresh rate in Interlaced mode ?

Post by iondrive »

another option might be to try this:

install nvidia stereo driver version 162.50 and set it to "enabled by hotkey" but don't enable it and go to the 3d test setup window and check the box that says "Always use stereo refresh rate" after you set the rate you want. I believe it can do the same thing as refresh lock. It's worth a shot for some people anyway although it might cause some confusion when you try to change the rate in other ways and it shows that it worked when really it didn't.

On the flipside, if you're trying to change refresh rates and notice that it's not really changing, then this is the thing to check.

--- iondirve ---
System specs:
CPU: 3.2GHz Athlon 64 X2 6400
RAM: 800MHz 4GB dual channel mode
Video: geForce 8800GTS PCI-e, 640MB ram, driver 196.21

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”