Issue with Dell s2716dg

Robinm34
One Eyed Hopeful

Issue with Dell s2716dg

Post by Robinm34 »

Hi,

I would be very grateful for the person who will solve my problem.
I had a 1070 running with a asus vq278 and it was fine with 3d vision.

I changed to 2070 but as there is no dvi output, I wasn't able to run 3dv. after several tries with adapter, I decided to change my screen for a dell s2716dg in a way to plug it in DP.

I did, installed drivers and ran 3dv test. it s ok with antialiasing off but not when on.
every game are crashing when attempted to be launched in 3d.
only game not crashes : portal but it doesn't work properly and the message "attempt to run in not compatible mode (...)" is shown.

cable : checked
drivers : checked on several versions
resolution : all tried
frequency : 100 and 120hz checked

thanks for your help
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Issue with Dell s2716dg

Post by 3DNovice »

Did you get this sorted?

The first thing to try is reinstalling the drivers with DDU. (Display Driver Uninstaller)

You might also try 3D Fix manager from Paul Dusler
http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2017/05/3d ... nager.html
Robinm34
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Robinm34 »

thank you for your reply.

I tried it all but it didn't fix my problem
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Please provide a bit more information.

What drivers are you using? 452.06?

You say you tried 3D Fix Manager - What is shown in "Drivers" tab? Is everything "green" there?

Do you click on the "Play 3D" button in 3DFM? I experienced several times that people use my tool to install the drivers and 3D fixes but never click on the "Play 3D" button - then they wonder that nothing works / all games crash... because without clicking on that magical button no required driver hack gets installed ;).

Concerning Portal - this one isn't included in 3DFM yet. Only Portal 2. So does Portal 1 not require a 3D fix? I never tried... The red overlay text appears because the game runs in 144hz -3DFM would fix this automatically for you when hitting the Play 3D button. At least for Portal 2 :P. Known bug for drivers beyond 425.31 that 120hz isn't forced properly any more in 3D mode when preferred refresh rate is set to "highest available".
RedHot
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by RedHot »

Hi,
I just signed up for the forum here. I sometimes have the problem with the Dell s2716dg. You have to turn off the Sterokopic in the nVidia driver. Then uninstall the NVIDIA Stereoskopic 3D USB controller in the Windows device manager, when uninstalling you will be asked whether the associated software should also be uninstalled - please do not uninstall! Then restart and the USB driver will be installed again. Set G-Sync in the nVidia driver, restart and then make a sterocopy in the nVidia driver and restart again. At least that worked for me. I hope it works.
Sorry if my English is not that good, I'm from Germany. The answer was created with the help of the Google Translater;)
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

RedHot wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:35 am Hi,
I just signed up for the forum here. I sometimes have the problem with the Dell s2716dg. You have to turn off the Sterokopic in the nVidia driver. Then uninstall the NVIDIA Stereoskopic 3D USB controller in the Windows device manager, when uninstalling you will be asked whether the associated software should also be uninstalled - please do not uninstall! Then restart and the USB driver will be installed again. Set G-Sync in the nVidia driver, restart and then make a sterocopy in the nVidia driver and restart again. At least that worked for me. I hope it works.
Sorry if my English is not that good, I'm from Germany. The answer was created with the help of the Google Translater;)
Ok seems like you have some issues with your USB driver for the IR emitter controller. However this still does not explain why the games crashed for you. When the IR emitter is not detected due to broken drivers the games simply launch in anaglyph 3D mode then.
RedHot
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by RedHot »

@Pauldusler

The post is a tutorial for "Robinm34". I have the same monitor as "Robinm34". The monitor is a bit tricky when changing drivers or changing mode to G-Sync or Stereocopic.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”