[TOOL] 3D-Vision Driver Changer - Quick and easy 3D-Driver and Profile Installation - V4.20 [DCH/STD/CUSTOM]

WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Re: [TOOL] 3D-Vision Driver Changer - Quick and easy 3D-Driver and Profile Installation

Post by WickedScav »

I decided to install the 425.31 driver (mainly due to the other performance comparison thread here, as I was using 452.06 before) and for the first time I used this driver changer tool (before I always used solely bringback3dv).

All is fine except a bizarre thing, something I never experienced before, which is, whenever I enable the 3DV in the nvidia CP, my display switches permanently into 3d mode. Before, the 3d mode only got enabled, whenever I started a game or application which activated 3d mode and the display reverted back to normal mode, when I left the game or application. Is this permanent 3d mode a tool related thing?

GTX 2080 on Windows 10 21H1.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: [TOOL] 3D-Vision Driver Changer - Quick and easy 3D-Driver and Profile Installation

Post by Losti »

WickedScav wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:44 am I decided to install the 425.31 driver (mainly due to the other performance comparison thread here, as I was using 452.06 before) and for the first time I used this driver changer tool (before I always used solely bringback3dv).

All is fine except a bizarre thing, something I never experienced before, which is, whenever I enable the 3DV in the nvidia CP, my display switches permanently into 3d mode. Before, the 3d mode only got enabled, whenever I started a game or application which activated 3d mode and the display reverted back to normal mode, when I left the game or application. Is this permanent 3d mode a tool related thing?

GTX 2080 on Windows 10 21H1.
Yes its a tool related thing i experianced since switching from 1070 gtx to 1080 and now 2080. Solution is to install 425.31 on top after using the tool Installation by the normal way via Nvidia driver install file.
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

Losti wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:16 pm Yes its a tool related thing i experianced since switching from 1070 gtx to 1080 and now 2080. Solution is to install 425.31 on top after using the tool Installation by the normal way via Nvidia driver install file.
ok, thanks for the information and the tip!
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

3DNovice wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:43 pm
WickedScav wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:44 am for the first time I used this driver changer tool (before I always used solely bringback3dv).

Since 425.31 was an official 3D Vision supported driver from Nvidia, no tool is needed to install.

Though it is recommended to use DDU to remove remnants of the previous driver to avoid possible driver corruption
Indeed, I remembered that too after installing 425.31 :) But at least, by using the tool, the DDU cleanup happens automatically at the same moment.
Losti

Post by Losti »

3DNovice wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:43 pm
WickedScav wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:44 am for the first time I used this driver changer tool (before I always used solely bringback3dv).

Since 425.31 was an official 3D Vision supported driver from Nvidia, no tool is needed to install.

Though it is recommended to use DDU to remove remnants of the previous driver to avoid possible driver corruption
Sure :-) The tool was designed to switch drivers and install it quickly, unfortunalety for 425.31 since > GTX 1070 its not working with the silent installation for 425.31, for me, may others. Yes DDU + normal 425.31 is the same as the tool is dooing and in this case, because of no on top installation, much faster.
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

Losti wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:16 pm Yes its a tool related thing i experianced since switching from 1070 gtx to 1080 and now 2080. Solution is to install 425.31 on top after using the tool Installation by the normal way via Nvidia driver install file.
I did some more tests now, I even DDU cleaned my system and install 425.31 the official way via the nvidia installer but the permanent 3d mode issue remains on Win10 21H1. So maybe it's not a tool related issue? It's the first time I'm experiencing this issue in 10 years. Could this be an incompatiblity with 21H1...?

Anyway, after installing the 452.22, the issue is gone, all is back to normal. The problem with the issue in fact is not only the permanent 3d mode, but I noticed that the stereoscopic player no longer can play videos in 3D, even though the whole display is in 3d mode. 3DV only works within fullscreen 3d games.
Losti

Post by Losti »

WickedScav wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:36 am
I did some more tests now, I even DDU cleaned my system and install 425.31 the official way via the nvidia installer but the permanent 3d mode issue remains on Win10 21H1. So maybe it's not a tool related issue? It's the first time I'm experiencing this issue in 10 years. Could this be an incompatiblity with 21H1...?

Anyway, after installing the 452.22, the issue is gone, all is back to normal. The problem with the issue in fact is not only the permanent 3d mode, but I noticed that the stereoscopic player no longer can play videos in 3D, even though the whole display is in 3d mode. 3DV only works within fullscreen 3d games.
Just try to install 425.31 with my tool, and than start installing 425.31 the normal way via the nvidia install file. This works for me.

452.22 ?? You mean 452.06 ?? or is .22 a hotfix or vulcan driver ??
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

Losti wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:38 am Just try to install 425.31 with my tool, and than start installing 425.31 the normal way via the nvidia install file. This works for me.
ok, I will try that next time. For the moment I am happy with the performance of 452.22 on my 5900X/RTX 2080 system.

Losti wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:38 am 452.22 ?? You mean 452.06 ?? or is .22 a hotfix or vulcan driver ??
.22 is a hotfix release. As far as I know the very last driver where one can enable 3DV. I installed it using your tool.
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

Just installed Windows 10 21H2 (b19044) and noticed that your tool doesn't recognize this version yet ("Windows 10 - Version NOT FOUND"). At the same time the option to disable the driver hack was gone. I guess, the two issues are related...
Losti

Post by Losti »

WickedScav wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:37 pm Just installed Windows 10 21H2 (b19044) and noticed that your tool doesn't recognize this version yet ("Windows 10 - Version NOT FOUND"). At the same time the option to disable the driver hack was gone. I guess, the two issues are related...
Thank you for reporting.

The tool should now work with Windows 11 and with the Win10-21H2 update. Just get the update via autoupdate starting the tool again.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

In case someone gets stuck with the tool, this is the procedure I follow (not using it):
- Have sledgehammer enabled to avoid unwanted updates.
- DDU to uninstall old drivers.
- Install 452.06 manually (or whatever version I want to use).
- Open 3D Fix Manager, install the 3D Driver and enable the global hack (this is for me, because I don't launch games with 3DFM).
- All that's left is configuring your 3D settings and other stuff, like importing my global profile that I exported a while ago.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

I had forgot about this post, until I stumbled upon it today.

But if you do not want to use Sledgehammer to block updates, it seems that it is possible to block
Nvidia Driver updates based on device id

Thus allowing all other updates to do their thing.
kevinmarchant wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:01 pm I’ve had some success in preventing only nVidia drivers updating using this technique.

https://www.howtogeek.com/263851/how-to ... c-drivers/
Losti

Post by Losti »

3DNovice wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:30 pm I had forgot about this post, until I stumbled upon it today.

But if you do not want to use Sledgehammer to block updates, it seems that it is possible to block
Nvidia Driver updates based on device id

Thus allowing all other updates to do their thing.
kevinmarchant wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:01 pm I’ve had some success in preventing only nVidia drivers updating using this technique.

https://www.howtogeek.com/263851/how-to ... c-drivers/
This didnt work all the time for me. Some times i started up windows and 3D was oft. Checking revealed that an update happened.
Losti

Re: [TOOL] 3D-Vision Driver Changer - Quick and easy 3D-Driver and Profile Installation - V4.11 [DCH/STD/CUSTOM]

Post by Losti »

The tool gets a HUGE upgrade, making thins faster, safer, more flexible. The MAIN PAGE was updated also for the info's you need on the new version. All of who used the tool with issues should give it another try now, using 4.11 update:

viewtopic.php?p=174167#p174167

PLEASE redownload the package and overwrite your current version (3.x) to ensure the big update working well. All other updates are you used to automatically performed in the future again.
vitorhugoaranda
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: [TOOL] 3D-Vision Driver Changer - Quick and easy 3D-Driver and Profile Installation - V4.11 [DCH/STD/CUSTOM]

Post by vitorhugoaranda »

Losti wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:20 am The tool gets a HUGE upgrade, making thins faster, safer, more flexible. The MAIN PAGE was updated also for the info's you need on the new version. All of who used the tool with issues should give it another try now, using 4.11 update:

viewtopic.php?p=174167#p174167

PLEASE redownload the package and overwrite your current version (3.x) to ensure the big update working well. All other updates are you used to automatically performed in the future again.
thank you for your work and dedication,
Losti

Re: [TOOL] 3D-Vision Driver Changer - Quick and easy 3D-Driver and Profile Installation - V4.20 [DCH/STD/CUSTOM]

Post by Losti »

An ISSUE was fixed that do not let your system create the NV_Cache folder with 425.31 or 452.22/452.06 if 425.31 was installed before and you have used the repair function. Leading to extreme loading times for reload a shader fix with F10 based on MIGOTO. If you suffer from this, please reinstall the driver with the new Version of the tool.
Muojo
Cross Eyed!

Re: [TOOL] 3D-Vision Driver Changer - Quick and easy 3D-Driver and Profile Installation - V4.20 [DCH/STD/CUSTOM]

Post by Muojo »

Losti wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:59 pm

What this Tool do:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- giving you the options to install any driver suitable for 3DV and any driver of your choice without trouble, installing 3DV in dependency of the driver and the OS.
- fastest way to install/switch drives
- you can install latest NVDrivers if you want, for example to play 2D or VK3DV or VR
- you can install DCH drivers (NVCP will be installed also without MS store), the tool detects your current driver state (STANDARD or DCH) and choose a suitible driver to install.
- you can choose ADVANCED OPTIONS that toggles more drivers to install and option to do without DDUcleaneup or install slim drivers. Please use the inbuild HELP for more information.
- 3D-Vision will be installed and activated without the 3DV-Setup, set to 100 % separation and enable advanced keys.
- install latest driver profiles
- if needed, driver hack will be installed, if you want, you can also disable it and enable again using the tool
- repair function for 425.31 perma 3D enabled bug => Note, this may only work until the next system restart and than needs to be redone...

Restrictions / Rules / Needs:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- you need to be system admin in general
- NOTE: 452.22 is a HOTFIX of 452.06 for windows 10
- SLIM drivers are only available for 452.22/ 452.06 / 425.31, not for latest NVidia Drivers.
- ANTIVIRUS solutions can kill the tool or some actions so that it can fail, please make to disabel AV also if your system restarts until you are done with the tool. PS: WindowsDefenter is OK and can be left enabled.
- you BADLY need to prevent Windows AUTO update, other wise windows will install 451.72 in the background or after using the tool. Please check the HELPTEXT from the tool for information.
- you need a working internet connection. Do not use the tool without NETTWORK!
- if you are coming from tool version before 3.0 you should redownload the tool, AUTOUPDATE may not work properly! The new package is linked below. You can overwrite your current tool installation, no extra folder needed.
- any game profile update will DELETE your manual changes made with NVidia Inspector, you need to redo this if needed, do not forget
- performing DDU clean driver installation will force you to redo EDID override stuff
- not automatic handled issues can be fixed reset the tool by z_Reset.cmd AND restart your system, than try again
- a dummy process called dumyXXX.exe will be started sometimes and killed within the install process, to prevent double starts, please IGNORE this and DO NOT CLOSE it.
- try to keep your fingers away from keyboard while the installation process as long as you are not asked to do something; try NOT TO interrupt the script while running
- NOTE: New latest drivers will be stored in the folder "latestdriver", may check back here from time to time to delete outdated drivers if a new NVIDIA driver was available to save disk space.

What does install latest game profiles do?
Losti

Post by Losti »

Install the latest game profiles from the latest nvidia driver.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

AC4 running on a 3090 with Flugan's wrapper, SBS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maweQ_MS-ZE
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Dazzawill
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dazzawill »

Is it better to use dch or std driver for 3d? 3d fix manager says use std and your tool says use dch as it detects win10 21h2 as dch driver system and the tool recommends not to change to std.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Dazzawill wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:34 am Is it better to use dch or std driver for 3d? 3d fix manager says use std and your tool says use dch as it detects win10 21h2 as dch driver system and the tool recommends not to change to std.
If the tool says you have DCH than you should have DCH installed. Ifs checking some Registry entry. But you can double check. Open Nividia Control panel and in the help tap sepect system information. There you can read standard or DCH driver is installed.

Whats better i cant tell you but i might have read that DCH is not optimal for 3DV? But im really not sure. You CAN switch to standard or DCH if you want, if you have any issues, you just can go back. If you dont have any issues with 3D that might be related to the driver and or you wont switch driver, than there is no need to install a new driver.
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

What does the updated profiles mean or do?
What's the difference between v425 driver and profiles VS v425 driver + v512 profiles?

1. I did the Repair v425 Driver Bug. That made my PC do a restart. Then when my PC restarted, there was no more driver installed at all (low resolution). Then 3d driver tool automatically started and did some more stuff, then my PC restarted again (2nd restart). When my PC restarted the 2nd time, again there was no driver installed (low resolution). The Repair v425 Driver Bug option restarted my PC 2 times and un-installed the GeForce driver completely and left me with no driver :cry:

2. Around 20 seconds before the tool is finished when installing the driver, I noticed it says at the top in red writing something like "driver fails, reinstall GPU driver" but then the driver tool finishes around 10 or 20 seconds later and it says current driver 425.31 in green writing so it all looks OK. So did the driver installation fail or not?

3. I reinstalled v425 again using the tool (I did DDU myself in safe-mode and then used the tool in Windows normal mode). The 3D medical test worked great! I was so happy! Then I go and start a game, and no 3D. What is happening??? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

4. Do I have to do the Repair v425 Driver Bug EVERY TIME I want to play a game?
Losti

Post by Losti »

spin1 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:57 am What does the updated profiles mean or do?
What's the difference between v425 driver and profiles VS v425 driver + v512 profiles?

1. I did the Repair v425 Driver Bug. That made my PC do a restart. Then when my PC restarted, there was no more driver installed at all (low resolution). Then 3d driver tool automatically started and did some more stuff, then my PC restarted again (2nd restart). When my PC restarted the 2nd time, again there was no driver installed (low resolution). The Repair v425 Driver Bug option restarted my PC 2 times and un-installed the GeForce driver completely and left me with no driver :cry:

2. Around 20 seconds before the tool is finished when installing the driver, I noticed it says at the top in red writing something like "driver fails, reinstall GPU driver" but then the driver tool finishes around 10 or 20 seconds later and it says current driver 425.31 in green writing so it all looks OK. So did the driver installation fail or not?

3. I reinstalled v425 again using the tool (I did DDU myself in safe-mode and then used the tool in Windows normal mode). The 3D medical test worked great! I was so happy! Then I go and start a game, and no 3D. What is happening??? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

4. Do I have to do the Repair v425 Driver Bug EVERY TIME I want to play a game?
viewtopic.php?p=184135#p184135
madshi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by madshi »

Hey guys,

until now I've been able to successfully install all 4xx.xx drivers with (partial) 3D support using BringBack3DV on Windows 10 IoT 1809. However, it no longer works with 5xx.xx drivers. With 4xx.xx drivers, there was a Stereoscopic section in the Nvidia control panel, and I could switch the GPU into HDMI 1.4 3D frame packed mode by running "nvstlink.exe /enable". With 5xx.xx drivers, the Stereoscopic section in the Nvidia control panel is no longer there. The "nvstlink.exe" file is still there, but starting it does absolutely nothing now.

So instead of using BringBack3DV, I now tried the 3D-Vision Driver Changer. It offers to install 512.15. I've tried both with and without DDU. Installation seems to mostly succeed, but in the very end, after having tried to install 3D Vision, it reports "FATEL-ERROR: SOMETHING WENG WRONG, the driver installation WILL BE RESTARTED ...". And I get the same symptoms as with BringBack3DV: Namely no Stereoscopic section in the Nvidia control panel and starting "nvstlink.exe /enable" does nothing.

Is this finally and completely broken with 5xx.xx drivers now? :( :( :(

Of course I'd love to stay with 4xx.xx drivers. But seems the 3080 12GB doesn't work with 4xx.xx drivers. And of course later this year the 40xx GPUs won't run with 4xx.xx drivers, for sure.

Thanks, madshi.
Losti

Post by Losti »

madshi wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:18 pm Hey guys,

until now I've been able to successfully install all 4xx.xx drivers with (partial) 3D support using BringBack3DV on Windows 10 IoT 1809. However, it no longer works with 5xx.xx drivers. With 4xx.xx drivers, there was a Stereoscopic section in the Nvidia control panel, and I could switch the GPU into HDMI 1.4 3D frame packed mode by running "nvstlink.exe /enable". With 5xx.xx drivers, the Stereoscopic section in the Nvidia control panel is no longer there. The "nvstlink.exe" file is still there, but starting it does absolutely nothing now.

So instead of using BringBack3DV, I now tried the 3D-Vision Driver Changer. It offers to install 512.15. I've tried both with and without DDU. Installation seems to mostly succeed, but in the very end, after having tried to install 3D Vision, it reports "FATEL-ERROR: SOMETHING WENG WRONG, the driver installation WILL BE RESTARTED ...". And I get the same symptoms as with BringBack3DV: Namely no Stereoscopic section in the Nvidia control panel and starting "nvstlink.exe /enable" does nothing.

Is this finally and completely broken with 5xx.xx drivers now? :( :( :(

Of course I'd love to stay with 4xx.xx drivers. But seems the 3080 12GB doesn't work with 4xx.xx drivers. And of course later this year the 40xx GPUs won't run with 4xx.xx drivers, for sure.

Thanks, madshi.
1. Installing drivers with the tool the first time is not recommended to do without DDU cleanup.
2. 3DV is NOT working with drivers past 452.22, so you CANT use 30er series cards for 3DV. But for VULKAN fixes from Halifax and for VR or SuperDepth3D (Z3D, not geometric) from Reshade.
madshi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by madshi »

Hey Losti, thanks for your reply!

I've tried both with and without DDU cleanup and it fails either way.

I don't need 3DV itself to work, I don't even have 3DV hardware. I just need the Nvidia Stereoscopic driver to work. Basically I need the Nvidia control panel to have a "Stereoscopic 3D" section. That's all I need and it works fine for me with all 4xx.xx drivers (not limited to 452.22, works also with newer 4xx.xx drivers), but not with 5xx.xx, when using either BringBack3DV or the 3D-Vision Driver Changer.

However, good news is that bo3b suggested (via email) that I use the "3D Fix Manager" to repair the "Stereoscopic 3D Driver" and it actually manages to fix the problem. I now have the "Stereoscopic 3D" section back in the Nvidia control panel, when using 5xx.xx drivers. So somehow the "3D Fix Manager" manages to make the Stereoscopic 3D section appear in the Nvidia control panel, while BringBack3D and the 3D-Vision Driver Changer don't manage to achieve that. Well, at least that's how it is on my PC. Maybe it's specific to the Windows IoT 1809 build I'm using, I can't say for sure.

I still have one problem remaining now, though: Although the Stereoscopic 3D section is back, it causes a 4-5 second delay, every time the Nvidia control panel is opened, and every time I switch from a different page to the Stereoscopic 3D page. I also get the same 4-5 second delay when calling the NVAPI "Stereo_IsEnabled". So there's still a problem for me. But at least apart from this 4-5 second delay, everything's working again now.
madshi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by madshi »

In case it helps anybody, I've uploaded a patched nvSCPAPI64.dll here:

http://madshi.net/3dvDchFix.zip

This patched file fixes the 5 second delay that occurs e.g. when opening the NV control panel, when the Stereoscopic 3D driver is installed on top of DCH drivers. FWIW, this patch is a very ugly hack. Maybe there is a better/cleaner solution. But for now, it seems to do the trick for me.

(This fix is only for 64bit OSs.)
Alfredkuac
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Alfredkuac »

Hi guys, I was using this app with my RTX2070 super without issues, now I changed to a RTX2080TI and after the setup and selecting the 452.22 driver for custom 3D..the driver that is installed automatically is 456.71 without 3D...what's wrong here?
Thank you in advance!

EDIT: windows loving update was the issue, now it's working
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

In the process of testing the new geo-11 version of God of War, I somehow corrupted my 3D Vision software. I have been attempting to reinstall 452.22 for several hours now, using the latest version of this tool. I keep selecting 452.22, and the tool keeps installing 472.12 - even though it confirms it will install 452.22. Is there a way to manually create a merged 452.22 3DV file that will work for all game fixes?
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

In the past, I know that some of Losti’s fixes did not like my BringBack 3DV merged driver, because it did not include some type of flag set by his driver change tool. For now, I have reverted to 425.31, which requires no merged files.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:06 pm In the process of testing the new geo-11 version of God of War, I somehow corrupted my 3D Vision software. I have been attempting to reinstall 452.22 for several hours now, using the latest version of this tool. I keep selecting 452.22, and the tool keeps installing 472.12 - even though it confirms it will install 452.22. Is there a way to manually create a merged 452.22 3DV file that will work for all game fixes?
In theory not possible, can you contact me at discord ?
BigErn77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by BigErn77 »

I noticed that when the script is doing its thing, there is a command window in the background running dummyXXX.exe which has a message "Not enough memory resources are available to process this command". Is that normal/harmless?
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX3080, 32GB ram, Windows 10 21H2, nVidia 516.59, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, USB 3D Vision Emitter
BigErn77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by BigErn77 »

Also, I got this error at the end of the process. I don't know if it's related:
somethingwentwrong.JPG
When I started the script I had 452.06 Standard installed, with 3D Vision drivers from 3DFM. I selected 425.31 in your script menu. Now after it has run, it says I have 425.31 installed, but there is no stereoscopic 3D option in the Nvidia Control Panel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX3080, 32GB ram, Windows 10 21H2, nVidia 516.59, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, USB 3D Vision Emitter
Alfredkuac
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Alfredkuac »

Hi guys,
I have a question related to this method, what's the difference of using this method or the 3DFix manager driver installation? With the 3Dfix manager is quite simple..is the same driver? is this tool updating a newer 3D driver?
Thank you in advance!
Losti

Post by Losti »

BigErn77 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:02 am I noticed that when the script is doing its thing, there is a command window in the background running dummyXXX.exe which has a message "Not enough memory resources are available to process this command". Is that normal/harmless?
Yes keep it running please ! It closses itselfe and is needed.
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

Did something change recently with 3D Vision Driver Changer? I don't have the option of repairing the driver anymore. I only have the regular install option. I already have driver v425.xx installed and 3DV Driver Changer recognizes that but still no option to repair anymore.

EDIT: I re-installed the driver but using the tool instead of normal install and the repair option is back. I guess the driver needs to be installed from the tool in order to have the repair option,

Why does this happen and what does it mean? If I install the driver myself then the Driver Changer tool will not give me the repair option even though it recognizes that I have the driver installed. Is it supposed to do this or is this a bug?
Losti

Post by Losti »

spin1 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:18 pm Did something change recently with 3D Vision Driver Changer? I don't have the option of repairing the driver anymore. I only have the regular install option. I already have driver v425.xx installed and 3DV Driver Changer recognizes that but still no option to repair anymore.

EDIT: I re-installed the driver but using the tool instead of normal install and the repair option is back. I guess the driver needs to be installed from the tool in order to have the repair option,

Why does this happen and what does it mean? If I install the driver myself then the Driver Changer tool will not give me the repair option even though it recognizes that I have the driver installed. Is it supposed to do this or is this a bug?
Repair function only available if driver once beeing installed by the tool prev.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”