[TOOL] 3D-Vision Driver Changer - Quick and easy 3D-Driver and Profile Installation - V4.20 [DCH/STD/CUSTOM]

Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

[TOOL] 3D-Vision Driver Changer - Quick and easy 3D-Driver and Profile Installation - V4.20 [DCH/STD/CUSTOM]

Post by Losti »

Basics:
~~~~~~~~~
- this tool is completely written in BATCH (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batch_file) ... BECAUSE I AM OLD SCHOOL
- THANK YOU: "schwing" for the NV-DRIVER-HACK for Win 10 later 1809 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- THANK YOU: "Robert256" for yout tool: "BringBack3DV" (i use this here for get the hack applyed for the files if needed, because i dont know how to do this in batch!!!)
- THANK YOU: DSS, Bo3b (a.k. bo3bber) and any prev. involved peoples for 3D-MIGOTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- THANK YOU: PaulDusler and bo3bber for 3DFM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- THANK YOU: Masaterotaku, you are the reason for MANY of the 3D-Fiexes out there!!! Your sacrifice for 3D and this community is simply indescribable!!!!!!!
- THANK YOU: kermitou for BETA testing on your system !
- THANK YOU: File Host Sposor: Image https://www.inetsolutions.de/

@ the users: THINK ABOUT WHAT THOSE PEOPLES WRITTEN ABOVE HAVE DONE FOR YOU, even if they are not or less active!!!!!! ...

Donations for to show appreciation and provide funding towards future game fixes:

• DarkStarSword PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/DarkStarSword Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/DarkStarSword
• masterotaku PayPal: masterotakusuko@gmail.com
• Bo3b Johnson Purchease: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127310/HelixVision/
• PaulDusler PayPal: duselpaul86@gmx.de
• Helifax PayPal: tavyhome@gmail.com
• DHR PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/DHRdonation
• DJ-RK PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/DShanz
• eqzitara PayPal: eqzitara@YAHOO.COM
• Flugan PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/UlfJ
• Losti PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/Losti3D

Intention behind this:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since the 3D vision no longer works with drivers after version 452.XX, there have been increasing reports of not working 3D in games. There is also a lot of experimentation and drivers installed back and forth. Back then, when I tracked down the problem with drivers after 425.XX, when 3D Vision could no longer be installed, I noticed that a CLEAN installation is worth gold. Often times, problems are associated with installing one driver on top of the other. I also can't say enough: USE DDU and reinstall the driver .... In the end, if the problems persist, I don't know whether it is an installation error or actually a problem with the 3D fix.

For this reason I wanted to create a tool that eliminates these question marks. Start, choose the driver and wait until the installation is done. The tool I am now releasing is close to a ONE CLICK APPLICATION, which enables exactly that. The only thing that the user has to decide is which driver to install and whether or not he wants Geforce Experience. Everything else is carried out without any user action, except for the login after a system restart :-)

What this Tool do:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- giving you the options to install any driver suitable for 3DV and any driver of your choice without trouble, installing 3DV in dependency of the driver and the OS.
- fastest way to install/switch drives
- you can install latest NVDrivers if you want, for example to play 2D or VK3DV or VR
- you can install DCH drivers (NVCP will be installed also without MS store), the tool detects your current driver state (STANDARD or DCH) and choose a suitible driver to install.
- you can choose ADVANCED OPTIONS that toggles more drivers to install and option to do without DDUcleaneup or install slim drivers. Please use the inbuild HELP for more information.
- 3D-Vision will be installed and activated without the 3DV-Setup, set to 100 % separation and enable advanced keys.
- install latest driver profiles
- if needed, driver hack will be installed, if you want, you can also disable it and enable again using the tool
- repair function for 425.31 perma 3D enabled bug => Note, this may only work until the next system restart and than needs to be redone...

Restrictions / Rules / Needs:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- you need to be system admin in general
- NOTE: 452.22 is a HOTFIX of 452.06 for windows 10
- SLIM drivers are only available for 452.22/ 452.06 / 425.31, not for latest NVidia Drivers.
- ANTIVIRUS solutions can kill the tool or some actions so that it can fail, please make to disabel AV also if your system restarts until you are done with the tool. PS: WindowsDefenter is OK and can be left enabled.
- you BADLY need to prevent Windows AUTO update, other wise windows will install 451.72 in the background or after using the tool. Please check the HELPTEXT from the tool for information.
- you need a working internet connection. Do not use the tool without NETTWORK!
- if you are coming from tool version before 3.0 you should redownload the tool, AUTOUPDATE may not work properly! The new package is linked below. You can overwrite your current tool installation, no extra folder needed.
- any game profile update will DELETE your manual changes made with NVidia Inspector, you need to redo this if needed, do not forget
- performing DDU clean driver installation will force you to redo EDID override stuff
- not automatic handled issues can be fixed reset the tool by z_Reset.cmd AND restart your system, than try again
- a dummy process called dumyXXX.exe will be started sometimes and killed within the install process, to prevent double starts, please IGNORE this and DO NOT CLOSE it.
- try to keep your fingers away from keyboard while the installation process as long as you are not asked to do something; try NOT TO interrupt the script while running
- NOTE: New latest drivers will be stored in the folder "latestdriver", may check back here from time to time to delete outdated drivers if a new NVIDIA driver was available to save disk space.

Keys:
~~~~~~~~
0 - toggles installation of NVidia GeforceExperiance ON and OFF
D - toggles the switch of the driver typ. STANDARD and DCH
A - enables the advanced installation options, giving you more options to install drivers, only for users who know what they are doing/want.
H - show HELP texts with information, you should read this ONCE!

Usage:
~~~~~~~~~
- start 3D-Vision_Driver_Changer.cmd
- installation of NVidia GeforceExperiance is OFF by default, use KEY 0 to switch if you want
- choose the driver you want to install on your system from the main page to install 452.22 / 452.06 or 425.31
- if you want to install the latest driver from NVIDIA, press Key 9 here
- if you want to install another driver, place the driver (exe) package in the folder "usercustomdriver" and press Key 9 again. It can also be a self extracting archive you may have created for some reason (like makinga slim driver for example).

Some pictures, in a row...

1. Main Menu for 452.22 / 452.06 or 425.31
2. Main Menu for 452.22 / 452.06 or 425.31 - ADVANCED install options ENABLED
3. Sub menu for latest NVIDIA driver installation.
4. Main Menu after 425.31 driver was installed with this tool, you can see the REPAIR function for 425.31 there. Use it if you have the 3D permanent on bug. More information @ the help Sceen in the tool.
5. Main Menu after 452.22 driver was installed with this tool, you can disable or enable driver hack here, also watch the header as an example if you have update driver profiles.

Known Issues:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- In dependency of your current setup and installed driver, the NVidia driver may restarts while the installation without warning, this CAN make problems but most of it was troubleshooted by me BUT:
- in any case of issues, the tool will tell you, please follow the things and read the texts
- you may think the tool is in a loop because some things where showed several times again, do not wonder, just relax and wait....
- sometimes, in dependency of your current setup/driver/system a driver installation an take upto 10 mins
- even if you may initially run into some issues or several tries to install a driver (this is related to the nvidia driver installation and how messed up/filled your system is because of previews hand made installations or automatic updates, once installed a driver with this tool the next installations should be troubleless.
- automatic windows driver update for the GPU is the most reason for fail with this tool, you will also fail if you install a driver a common way. PREVENT WIDNOWS GPU DRUVER UPDATE!! Use sledgehammer tool, see tools help screen for information. Also ensure this: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-t ... es-windows

Download and Installation:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- get the tool here (copy out the URL and paste it into your browser)

Code: Select all

http://web396.inetseite.de/3dprofiles/3D-Vision_Driver_Changer4.7z
- extract it to some folder, short path, no spaced or beackets containing is the best, so may be C:\3DTOOL or some what :-)
- Automatic updates will be performed by the tool if there is anything to update, any time you start the tool and an update is available. NOTE: If you are on Version 3.X or earlier, please also download this 4.X driver package, AutoUpdate WILL not work switching from 2.X to 4.X, and may not work switching from 3.X to 4.X.
Last edited by Losti on Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:33 am, edited 36 times in total.
harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: [TOOL] 3D-Vision Driver Changer - Quick and easy 3D-Driver and Profile Installation

Post by harisukro »

Thanks outstanding work.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: [TOOL] 3D-Vision Driver Changer - Quick and easy 3D-Driver and Profile Installation

Post by RAGEdemon »

Wow! Thank you for this Losti! Your work is amazing, as always! :woot
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

This is interesting, mostly the part where you can change from one driver to another in 5 minutes. If we get stuck with an old driver for 3d and new games require a newer driver, this would surely help to change from one driver to another.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Great work again Losti, thank you so much !

One of these days, I will finally install Win10 :)
Losti

Post by Losti »

skyrimer wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:38 am This is interesting, mostly the part where you can change from one driver to another in 5 minutes. If we get stuck with an old driver for 3d and new games require a newer driver, this would surely help to change from one driver to another.
Given, the time its "a bit" dependend on your system and the speed the drivers and files will be installed :-)))))

But you do not have to do anything except the decission to install Geforce 'Experiance or not in the driver installation progress. IF you have no user login on your machine: After answering the NV-GFE question you can get to have a smoke or whatever you want, if you return you willsee 3D-Vision wizzard, finish this and start playing .-.)
Losti

Post by Losti »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:08 am Great work again Losti, thank you so much !

One of these days, I will finally install Win10 :)
The Tool will work for Win 4/8/10 btw, without any selection of the OS, automatically.
Losti

Post by Losti »

I have added some screenshots in the description :-)
Alfredkuac
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Alfredkuac »

There are no words that can express my thanks for you, Losti, and all the team behind!
Greeting from Spain! I will share this post in the spanish forums!!!
Alfredkuac
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Alfredkuac »

Hi Losti,
I tried to update the driver on friend's laptop and we couldnt update the driver, we had a problem updating the profiles, we got this error message:
We were clicking Import button and selecting the .txt from the default directory...what are we doing wrong? we lost the 3D setting from the nvidia control panel :(
Thanks!
Losti

Post by Losti »

Alfredkuac wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:41 am Hi Losti,
I tried to update the driver on friend's laptop and we couldnt update the driver, we had a problem updating the profiles, we got this error message:
We were clicking Import button and selecting the .txt from the default directory...what are we doing wrong? we lost the 3D setting from the nvidia control panel :(
Thanks!
No panic .-)

I could not test if the tool needs admin rights on some systems even if you are system admin. I only have had this problem for update the profiles on systems having driver that is much older than 425.31.

So at first time:

1. Restart your system
2. start driver changer
3. try to update your profiles again

If you still get this error, CLOSE the NV_GF3DProfileManager, you will get a not success message. DO NOT PRESS any kay in the driver tool just exit it with the X in the upper right to close the tool. Navigate to the tools install folder. There you should have a NV_GF3DProfileManager.exe. Right click this and try import again.

Plrease report back, THANKS!
Alfredkuac
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Alfredkuac »

Losti wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:14 am
Thanks!
No panic .-)

I could not test if the tool needs admin rights on some systems even if you are system admin. I only have had this problem for update the profiles on systems having driver that is much older than 425.31.

So at first time:

1. Restart your system
2. start driver changer
3. try to update your profiles again

If you still get this error, CLOSE the NV_GF3DProfileManager, you will get a not success message. DO NOT PRESS any kay in the driver tool just exit it with the X in the upper right to close the tool. Navigate to the tools install folder. There you should have a NV_GF3DProfileManager.exe. Right click this and try import again.

Plrease report back, THANKS!
During the first try I moved the .txt to a different location and I deleted it by mistake :(
Now the default directory when I search for the file is where I copied and deleted the file (c:)...where is the original directory? is there a way to create it again?
Thanks Losti!
(Ill reward you in paypal!)
Losti

Post by Losti »

Alfredkuac wrote: During the first try I moved the .txt to a different location and I deleted it by mistake :(
Now the default directory when I search for the file is where I copied and deleted the file (c:)...where is the original directory? is there a way to create it again?
Thanks Losti!
(Ill reward you in paypal!)
Sure, you simply have to restart the tool, if the update was not sucessfull it should present you the update for profiles again. If not:

You can delete the "ProfileUpdate" and the "ProfileVersion" filefrom the driver tool directory and than start the tool OR just download it here:

http://web396.inetseite.de/3dprofiles/N ... ofiles.txt

(right click the link and choose save link...)
Alfredkuac
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Alfredkuac »

I have still have the same issue :(
My hardware is an Alienware Laptop M17x R4 - GTX680M.
But before getting this error I got a different one:
"3D vision and your graphic driver don't match"....
:(
Next steps?

Edit: I tried to export, save the file and import again, the process working as expected, but the drivers are not updated.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Alfredkuac wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:51 am I have still have the same issue :(
My hardware is an Alienware Laptop M17x R4 - GTX680M.
But before getting this error I got a different one:
"3D vision and your graphic driver don't match"....
:(
Next steps?

Edit: I tried to export, save the file and import again, the process working as expected, but the drivers are not updated.

Your graphic card DO NOT support drivers later 425.31:

If you have installed a later driver, this can explain the import ERROR for the profiles. Install 425.31, thats also the SUGGESTED way to play 3D form the 3DFM team. You should not have any disadvantage if you use the latest profiles if this is possible. I just wonder about how a GTX-680M can handle 3D-gaming?? I for one have a GTX-850M on my Laptop and 2D gaming for any game later than the dragon age inquisition was ... lets say not really cool to play ^^
Last edited by Losti on Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alfredkuac
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Alfredkuac »

It's not a custom driver, it's the driver downloaded from the tool.
I couldn't import the txt, I got the error that I commented. But this window with the option to "import" has anothe option to "export", I tried that, created a new .txt and import it again. And it worked according the setup, but the driver is not updated.

I tried now to install the official drivers 425.31, and i can test the 3D with the nvidia assistant, but 3D is not working in games. Checking the refresh rate is 60hz, I select 120hz, but when I click OK, the refresh rate is again 60hz...I don't know why 120hz is not valid in 3d mode. I can use 120hz when I disable 3D from the nvidia panel..this is so weird.

Thank you in advance Losti!
PD: sent you a small thanks through Paypal ;)
Losti

Post by Losti »

Is it working or not ^^ If not, may be because of the outdated Laptop ^^ ?? May be your display is not supporting 120 Hz?
a31632
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

Losti wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:35 pm Is it working or not ^^ If not, may be because of the outdated Laptop ^^ ?? May be your display is not supporting 120 Hz?
NVidia doesn't support the chipset of these "old cards" anymore.
My old laptop has a 780m card and they don't support these anymore.

The below is one of the many articles about it online, they stopped supporting these together with the infamous pulling of 3D Vision support.

I got 3D Vision working on my laptop (Alienware 17 with 780m card) by manually editing the driver files in the (at that time) new driver in January and using the "old" fixes (we didn't have any automated fixes at that time yet)

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2874 ... obile-gpus
a31632
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

a31632 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:14 pm
Losti wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:35 pm Is it working or not ^^ If not, may be because of the outdated Laptop ^^ ?? May be your display is not supporting 120 Hz?
NVidia doesn't support the chipset of these "old cards" since 2019.
My old laptop has a 780m card and they don't support these anymore.

The below is one of the many articles about it online, they stopped supporting these together with the infamous pulling of 3D Vision support.

I got 3D Vision working on my laptop (Alienware 17 with 780m card) by manually editing the driver files in the (at that time) new driver in January and using the "old" fixes (we didn't have any automated fixes at that time yet)

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2874 ... obile-gpus
Alfredkuac
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Alfredkuac »

Hi Losti, I have downloaded the 425.21 from nvidia I can play again in 3D, no issues at all.
But I would like to update the profile, but after trying from your tool I got this error: FAIL: "You DO NOT HAVE IMPORTED the new profiles ... press a key to try again ...."
I selected the txt that you upload here and I see a "Success" in the little window that is open to select the file, but in the CMD I see that it's not working
any idea?
Thank you in advance!
Losti

Post by Losti »

Alfredkuac wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:25 am Hi Losti, I have downloaded the 425.21 from nvidia I can play again in 3D, no issues at all.
But I would like to update the profile, but after trying from your tool I got this error: FAIL: "You DO NOT HAVE IMPORTED the new profiles ... press a key to try again ...."
I selected the txt that you upload here and I see a "Success" in the little window that is open to select the file, but in the CMD I see that it's not working
any idea?
Thank you in advance!
Lets say the prove of the things from the tool are a bit BETA and not a REAL prove. The tool checks the presents of the existance a running GeForce 3D Settings Profile Manager. and SECOND its checks for a file created after profile update. If you will recieve the FAIL message, you have closed this lottle program BEFORE importing the profiles. Means the GeForce 3D Settings Profile Manager was closed and the file for check of existance didnt exist. Thats teh normal way. If you say you HAVE imported and you get the sucess message fom GeForce 3D Settings Profile Manager means:

1. You have done the things right
2. you have closed the GeForce 3D Settings Profile Manager
3. the file was, why ever, not created that shouldafter profile update so the driver change tool tells you FAIL

==> Have you closed the GeForce 3D Settings Profile Manager manually after the sucess message and THAN the tool tells you FAIL, or was GeForce 3D Settings Profile Manager closed after its success message and the driver canger tells you FAIL at all?
==> Have you tried the procedure twice?

AT THE END it doesnt really matters what the Driver changer tells you (FOR/WHILE performing profile update), if you use GeForce 3D Settings Profile Managerm import a profile txt-file and it tells you SUCCESS. :woot But its a bit wired why this behavior happens. But as i told you, its no a REAL prove ^^

So, do you have updated the profiles to version 457.09 or the prev. one? If you have updated to 457.09, you can check if this was OK by checking the existance of the Whatch Dogs: Legion profile with profile inspector.

If you dont have Profile inspector:
http://web396.inetseite.de/3dprofiles/N ... ctorDmW.7z

Just type in watch and have a look the list.

Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Ran it yesterday to install 441.20 but after two auto-restarts it ended up installing 432. I wonder if it's some issue with my system as a few months back I wasn't able to install 425 - even when I tried manually, I was ending up with 432.

I ended up installing 441.2 manually.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Scarhead
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Scarhead »

Hi Losti,
I used your tool to install the latest Nvidia driver. The whole process worked fine but now I want to change back to the latest working 3D driver. But the tool closes after the " UPDATING available suitible 3D-Vision Driver-Information ....
NOTE: THIS can take upto 15 seconds...." I tried many times starting as admin, did a reset with z_reset.cmd, deactivated firewall and virus detection but it doesn't work no more.

Can you tell me what to do?
Losti

Post by Losti »

Scarhead wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:48 pm Hi Losti,
I used your tool to install the latest Nvidia driver. The whole process worked fine but now I want to change back to the latest working 3D driver. But the tool closes after the " UPDATING available suitible 3D-Vision Driver-Information ....
NOTE: THIS can take upto 15 seconds...." I tried many times starting as admin, did a reset with z_reset.cmd, deactivated firewall and virus detection but it doesn't work no more.

Can you tell me what to do?
What about if you delete the Tool and unpack and Start again?
Scarhead
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Scarhead »

That does not help, the tool shuts down itself.

Also while "UPDATING available suitible 3D-Vision Driver-Information .... NOTE: THIS can take upto 15 seconds....".
Losti

Post by Losti »

Very strange. Ill give you a file to debug the things later in the evening. Question before: what path do you have installed the Tool?
Losti

Post by Losti »

Scarhead wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:34 pm That does not help, the tool shuts down itself.

Also while "UPDATING available suitible 3D-Vision Driver-Information .... NOTE: THIS can take upto 15 seconds....".
Can ypou please get the archive i have attached and extract this to the mainfolderfrom the config tool?
Cany you than please run the debug_crash.cmd and WAIT until it will close. Than please send me the created debug_crash.txt, please!

JUST run, do not use any link, do not use run as admin!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
djgrege
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by djgrege »

Thanks!
I have not tried Losti's program, but I know that I cannot export all my NVI profiles into text format, and reimport. It simply does not work. The only way I can export profiles is via .NIP files, which then can be imported. You can export "all custom profiles" via .NIP and use that to import after a driver update. But that is the only way I know how to export/import on my system. I have no idea why the .txt version does not work.
Losti

Post by Losti »

djgrege wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:35 am
Thanks!
I have not tried Losti's program, but I know that I cannot export all my NVI profiles into text format, and reimport. It simply does not work. The only way I can export profiles is via .NIP files, which then can be imported. You can export "all custom profiles" via .NIP and use that to import after a driver update. But that is the only way I know how to export/import on my system. I have no idea why the .txt version does not work.
Tool is updated NOW to install the new driver profiles without any hands on from you now and not using the txt import. You just need to start it to get all the new things updated :3D :woot :3D
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Tbh I've forgotten about this, it looks great and I want to try it the moment my new MB+CPU arrives, arround 14-17/12 :woot :D :woot :D

Thank you so much Losti!
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Losti wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:06 am
Tool is updated NOW to install the new driver profiles without any hands on from you now and not using the txt import. You just need to start it to get all the new things updated :3D :woot :3D
Super !! many thanks for this great tool. 8-)
Windows 10 Pro x64 (20H2) , i7 6700K 4.7GHz , DDR4 3000MHz 32GB, GTX 1660 Super , PG278Q , 3D Vision 2
My 3D Epic Screenshots I - II and Videos ----- GHOSTING Fix PG278Q ------- HITMAN-2 3D-FIX TOOLBOX
Horrux
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Horrux »

This tool seems to be just the perfect thing, except it seems to run in a loop without installing drivers?
Losti

Post by Losti »

Horrux wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:07 am This tool seems to be just the perfect thing, except it seems to run in a loop without installing drivers?
Nope. May just wait. You do not see the things running silent in background.
Horrux
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Horrux »

Yes, I may have lacked patience, but it still doesn't work for me. I think my ESET Security Suite is interfering, since I can only disable until restart.

Another thing I am suprised at, is the tool tells me to manually disable the network adapter, then tells me instantly that it needs it and asks if I really want to do the offline mode? I am always a bit unsure, but since I already have the driver, I choose the offline mode... Thank you for all your help.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Horrux wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:24 am Yes, I may have lacked patience, but it still doesn't work for me. I think my ESET Security Suite is interfering, since I can only disable until restart.

Another thing I am suprised at, is the tool tells me to manually disable the network adapter, then tells me instantly that it needs it and asks if I really want to do the offline mode? I am always a bit unsure, but since I already have the driver, I choose the offline mode... Thank you for all your help.
AV solutions can cause unexpected behavior. Be sure you disable it or add the folder to the whitelist.

The tool will perform ANTIVIRUS critical actions:
- change Registry entries (for startup)
- write delete and rename files (driver related and temp files)
- execute programs (7-zip, BringBack3DV, wget, rcedit, GeForce 3D Settings Profile Manager)
- change user permissions for several system relevant folders (in: ....\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository)
- create desktop icon

So you may need more to disable like script blocking, firewall, whatever. The best way is to completely close AV. I have bitfender and it makes strange things. BTW: internet connection is only needed for Profile update at the end or for driver download. Once downloaded or placed manually, you do not need the internet connection so offline mode will work fine.
Salk
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Salk »

Hello Losti!

First of all, thanks for your work for the 3D Vision community. Despite having owned a pair of 3d Vision 2 glasses for quite some time, I practically never got around to use them more than a couple of times, just for testing.

Only recently did I find out that nVidia has dropped any kind of support for 3D Vision and I happened to find out about it only because I upgraded my computer and needed to reinstall drivers for the graphic card.

I started looking around to see if there was a way to still install the most recent nVidia drivers and at the same time still be able to play with 3D Vision. My search brought me here and I read about the BringBack3DV and found out that it only works up to version 452.06.

Then I read your post pointing at this topic and I tried to understand what it is that this Tool actually does but I am not sure I understand so please bear with me. From what I could understand, it seems like what it does is to simply install the latest official nVidia driver with 3D Vision support or the latest community driver with 3D Vision support. Am I wrong?

In my system I currently have nVidia driver 461.09 and of course there is no 3d Vision support there so my question is: does this tool help in making 3d Vision available with the driver I am using? I know you wrote that option 3 in the installation menu offers to install 'your desired driver, in case you have added one to the folder "userscustomdriver"' but if we do install the most recent driver then would 3d Vision work? If not, why would we even want to go through that process?

I apologize if my questions sound silly but earlier I did try to run the Tool and it seems I never even get to the Installation Menu. It's been showing this for a long time and I am going to close it down now because I doubt it will ever go anywhere:

Clipboard01.jpg
Thank you very much for your patience and best wishes for a good 2021.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

If I may - no, the tool wont enable 3d vision in latest drivers. It's a convenience tool to cleanly install your desired version. So for 3dv the last version is 452.06 - so that's what you need to select in the tool and just let it do its job.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

The other pretty handy option (although I havent used the tool myself) is to update your current driver with profiles from a later driver. This may fix game specific issues that are in say 452.06, that got fixed in a later non 3D supported driver like 461.09 for example. Never tried it to see if this fixes certain driver related issues in various games , but would be very handy if it does.. eg Cyberpunk foliage issues in 452.06 that got fixed in a later driver.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

BazzaLB wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:53 pm eg Cyberpunk foliage issues in 452.06 that got fixed in a later driver.
Sadly for cp77 I tried that 452.06 driver with 460.89 profile without success with foliage with RT On, which worked perfect with driver 460.89 alone...
Losti

Post by Losti »

Salk wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:59 am Hello Losti!

First of all, thanks for your work for the 3D Vision community. Despite having owned a pair of 3d Vision 2 glasses for quite some time, I practically never got around to use them more than a couple of times, just for testing.

Only recently did I find out that nVidia has dropped any kind of support for 3D Vision and I happened to find out about it only because I upgraded my computer and needed to reinstall drivers for the graphic card.

I started looking around to see if there was a way to still install the most recent nVidia drivers and at the same time still be able to play with 3D Vision. My search brought me here and I read about the BringBack3DV and found out that it only works up to version 452.06.

Then I read your post pointing at this topic and I tried to understand what it is that this Tool actually does but I am not sure I understand so please bear with me. From what I could understand, it seems like what it does is to simply install the latest official nVidia driver with 3D Vision support or the latest community driver with 3D Vision support. Am I wrong?

In my system I currently have nVidia driver 461.09 and of course there is no 3d Vision support there so my question is: does this tool help in making 3d Vision available with the driver I am using? I know you wrote that option 3 in the installation menu offers to install 'your desired driver, in case you have added one to the folder "userscustomdriver"' but if we do install the most recent driver then would 3d Vision work? If not, why would we even want to go through that process?

I apologize if my questions sound silly but earlier I did try to run the Tool and it seems I never even get to the Installation Menu. It's been showing this for a long time and I am going to close it down now because I doubt it will ever go anywhere:

Clipboard01.jpg

Thank you very much for your patience and best wishes for a good 2021.
Hey,

Its written in the first post here in this thread and in the tool itselfe but the info is not complete. First of all:

"From what I could understand, it seems like what it does is to simply install the latest official nVidia driver with 3D Vision support or the latest community driver with 3D Vision support."
This is corret.

For the user customdriver, the tool installs 3D vision as well. BUT: Since drivers later 452.06 has no stere coalls for DX11, the installed 3D vision for later drivers will ONLY work for openGL and DX9 games.

The tool will ENSURE that you install the driver you desired to install with it, will be installed from a clean bench. Means the tool will do a DDU driver deinstallation prior the driver and 3D-Vision installation and you can, also for newer drivers, install the latest available game profile database from the latest driver. This is not bound to any driver installation via the tool. Means, if you dont install a driver via the tool, you can use it for prifile update only, if prefered. But since the last update there is also a NON DDU version to quickly swith between drivers.

SO WHY the option for drivers later 452.06 is avalable?? Because of the things written there, if you copy a driver later 452.06 to the usercustomdriver folder you can read this (i will update the discription there to NOTWORKING FOR 3D vision for DX11 games, for more clearness today ^^

461.09 - This DRIVER-FILE was added by YOU, its NOT working for 3D-Vision!!
- DRIVERS later than 452.X will NOT WORK with 3D-Vision!! (Game fixes and HelixVision will NOT WORK)
- You can install it, annyway (e.g. for native VR or Vulkan with HELIFAX wrapper if you are using Side-by-Side Mode)

You may need DCH driver for a laptop so you canalsso add this as a custrom driver to install it, if you nedd it for example.

As in the case of CP2077 you only have the chance to play it on a 3DTV or projector AND with the latest driver. But you may want to play a 3D vision game the next day, so you need driver 452.06 or below. In summary the tool was created for 2 main reasons:

- Ensure the user will not fail to install driver correctly and have a clear overview of WHICH drivers will work for 3D-Vision
- Give the user a quick solution for switching between drivers for different matters (mentioned above)

Please contact me @ our discord channel to solve your problem ifyoucant solve it by ensure to disable ANY antivirus activity, may be firewall is a problem, im not sure. But the first file you download as i can see, so its not completely sure why you cant get the update file but may be antivirus checking that this is a batch file without ending and block it?

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”