Death Stranding

Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Death Stranding

Post by Shift-E »

Has anyone tested Superdepth 3D reshade with Death Stranding?

I am tempted to pick this game up at some point, and am most likely buying Horizon Zero Dawn which uses the same engine - curious if this is one of those games where the depth map is unavailable or not. I have had varying degrees of success with Superdepth, but it can definitely make 2D games a lot more tolerable when it works! Sadly its our only option for DX12 games for the foreseeable future :(

fingers crossed for a brighter future though ;)
Last edited by Shift-E on Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Death Stranding Superdepth 3D

Post by Necropants »

I ended up getting DS thinking I would hate the living hell out of it and refunding in the first couple of hours. Turns out instead I found it a somewhat relaxing and refreshing experience and it's too late to refund now. Not sure I will be able to do 50 hours of this but it is what it is.

Unfortunately, I am not sure about superdepth since I believe you have to have a monitor that supports SBS right?
Mourn
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mourn »

Anyone interested in making a helix mod 3d fix for Death Stranding?
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Mourn wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:41 pm Anyone interested in making a helix mod 3d fix for Death Stranding?
It's DX12... So, "no can do" at the moment :)
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

So Superdepth3D worked great with Horizon Zero Dawn, which uses the same engine as this game...so I would assume theres a good chance it works well with Death Stranding. but I've decided to wait on this one, and see if Santa brings us a DX12 wrapper at some point down the road. But until then, Superdepth would be your best bet if you own a 3DTV...
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Death Stranding

Post by Lundamyrstrollet »

Superdepth 3D is working flawlessly with Death Stranding, only downside here is you have to play the offline Modus.The Depth Map is disabled in all Games, which had/need a constant Inet Connection (The Division 1/2 for Example).
Feisty_Fernando

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Is there a tutorial on getting this running in Superdepth 3D using Reshade?

Additionally, is the use and implementation of Reshade restricted to 3D Vision proper or can it be used in 3DTV Play also?
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Hi Fernando,
There is a guide here at the bottom of the page 3

viewtopic.php?f=105&t=23324&hilit=Red+D ... 2&start=80
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

Feisty_Fernando wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:20 am Is there a tutorial on getting this running in Superdepth 3D using Reshade?

Additionally, is the use and implementation of Reshade restricted to 3D Vision proper or can it be used in 3DTV Play also?
I only use 3DTV and so far I got some great results with Superdepth3D. So it's working great with 3DTV Play. But I don't know if it actually works with 3DVision.

Tu learn how to use Reshade (with any game, not just Death Stranding) I started with this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX3t7D- ... e=emb_logo
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

There are DLLs that reportedly allow this game to be played using dx11
https://www.reddit.com/r/DeathStranding ... irectx_11/

If they are legit, perhaps a proper geometry fix is possible?
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

3DNovice wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:49 pm There are DLLs that reportedly allow this game to be played using dx11
https://www.reddit.com/r/DeathStranding ... irectx_11/

If they are legit, perhaps a proper geometry fix is possible?
I'll investigate (though not committing to a fix even if it seems viable), since I picked up the game in the last Epic sale. It's probably the only way I'll ever even load up this game since I was turned off of this game the moment I saw a frickin baby in a bottle, and the idea of being a FedEx simulator didn't sell me any more on the premise neither, but I'll happily at least test and see if it works and is viable for a fix.

Edit: Ok, I'm not sure about this actual mod that is linked to in that thread, seems a little bit dicey so I'm reluctant to actually load this thing, but Googling the subject the most common result is that people are using VKD3D to convert from DX12 to Vulkan, not DX11 (they just say it runs on DX11 cards). Surely Helifax or someone else here has already investigated the possibility of proxy loading the two together, no?
Edit 2: Ok, taking more than a cursory glance has shown this is for Linux, hence it's a no-go.
My Killer 3D Gaming System Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5600x | GPU: GTX 2080 TI | Mobo: MSI x570 MAG Tomahawk | RAM: 4x8GB GSkill Triden Neo 3600Mhz | Cooling: Arctic Freezer II 280mm | Storage: OS on WB Black NVME M.2, various other SSDs & HDDs | Displays: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR, Optoma UHD50 | VR HMD: Oculus Quest 2 | Controller: Razer Wolverine Ultimate | Keyboard: Logitech G910 | Mouse: Razer Naga Trinity | Driving wheel: Logitech G27 | Flight sticks: TM Warthog / T16000M | Throttle: TM TWCS | Pedals: TM TFRP | Chair: DX Racer
Performance results here

My Paypal or send to rshannonca@gmail.com <-- For those that would like to show extra appreciation and support for my fixes
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Thanks for investigating and my apologies for sending you on a goose chase.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

DJ-RK wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:34 pm I was turned off of this game the moment I saw a frickin baby in a bottle, and the idea of being a FedEx simulator didn't sell me any more on the premise neither
What, the Del Toro shower didn't give you enough incentive? =)
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Yah, that naked Norman Reedus and baby in the original E3 reveal trailer turned me off. The scars on his stomach led me to believe he
carried the baby and had a C section for delivery.Dunno, I guess I'll find out playing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENTgBuEmroE
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

3DNovice wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:27 pm Yah, that naked Norman Reedus and baby in the original E3 reveal trailer turned me off. The scars on his stomach led me to believe he
carried the baby and had a C section for delivery.Dunno, I guess I'll find out playing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENTgBuEmroE
Actually yeah, I was thinking about this after I posted and I think the baby in the bottle came in the first proper trailer, but it was that initial announcement trailer that I saw that instantly put this on my nope list.
My Killer 3D Gaming System Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5600x | GPU: GTX 2080 TI | Mobo: MSI x570 MAG Tomahawk | RAM: 4x8GB GSkill Triden Neo 3600Mhz | Cooling: Arctic Freezer II 280mm | Storage: OS on WB Black NVME M.2, various other SSDs & HDDs | Displays: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR, Optoma UHD50 | VR HMD: Oculus Quest 2 | Controller: Razer Wolverine Ultimate | Keyboard: Logitech G910 | Mouse: Razer Naga Trinity | Driving wheel: Logitech G27 | Flight sticks: TM Warthog / T16000M | Throttle: TM TWCS | Pedals: TM TFRP | Chair: DX Racer
Performance results here

My Paypal or send to rshannonca@gmail.com <-- For those that would like to show extra appreciation and support for my fixes
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Interesting Norman Reedus video I happened upon. It mentions how he came to be in the game,
as well as a story about his eyeball popping out.

https://youtu.be/z5MIL3KVHxo?t=249

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”