Bizlink DVI to DP Adapter for 3dvision and Computer Slowdown

kyanite
One Eyed Hopeful

Bizlink DVI to DP Adapter for 3dvision and Computer Slowdown

Post by kyanite »

Hello,
So I want to upgrade my gfx card to a 2080. But before I did that I thought I should test out a dvi to dp adapter to make sure that 3dvision works on a DP only gfx card. I got the bizlink version as it was recommended on Nvidia's site. The adapter does actually work pretty well while in 3dvision mode. However. . . . and it is a big however. . . the adapter seems to slow down my rig when in the desktop. I get frequent stalls which stops the cursor from moving. Webpages will load slow or hang, programs like MSWord will open slowly. Menu's take a long time to come up, etc.

As soon as switch back to native DVI it is back to normal.

The only thing I can think of is that there actually is data going out of the USB connection on the adapter and it is slowing things down.

I can't image that because I have 32gb of ram, and a Ryzen Threadripper 3960.

Does anyone have any idea on why this is happening?
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Bizlink DVI to DP Adapter for 3dvision and Computer Slowdown

Post by helifax »

Yupp.. Disable 3D Vision inn NVpanel when you are using the Adaptor and not using 3D Vision for playing.
This will make Windows work properly :)

Cheers
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
kyanite
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kyanite »

helifax, thanks for the suggestion it worked. I feel like I should have tried that in my troubleshooting, haha.

Out of curiosity, do you know why having the 3D drivers on makes it do that?

I also noticed that when opening a game, it takes awhile of off and on 3dvision cycles for the game to settle in with 3dvision. However, when I remove the DVI connection from my secondary monitor it seems to settle in faster. My thought was that since my existing gfx card has two dvi's it was trying to see which one is the 3d monitor so it was going back and forth a few times. With only one monitor connected, the choice was limited.
makarastar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by makarastar »

hi Kyanite - please see my new post -

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25186

Is your Bizlink adapter a "Dual" and "Active" one? i.e. would it give me 120 Hz (not 60 Hz) in Nvidia 3D Vision gaming if I buy the Asus "ROG Strix" edition RTX 2060 (that does NOT have a DVI port)...?

Sadly my Asus VG236H monitor has HDMI and DVI ports - but no Display port...

So I will either have to buy a new 3D monitor - or choose a RTX 2060 that does have a DVI port - or...if your adapter works...

P.S. I am in the U.K.

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
makarastar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by makarastar »

Thanks very much. I suspect this might have worked on the Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070, which does have a USB-C port (but no DVI port).

However I went in the end for the slightly cheaper Asus Dual Evo RTX 2070 - which does have a DVI port - but no USB-C port.

I am guessing that like with many other products, Graphics card manufacturers don't like to make a particular model capable of "everything" so that they can sell as many models as possible, with no "supreme" one that has it all...

https://www.asus.com/uk/Graphics-Cards/ ... 8G-EVO-V2/
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

kyanite wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:50 pm The adapter does actually work pretty well while in 3dvision mode.
Hi kyanite

So this bizlink adapter works well for you? What does "pretty well" mean? No difference from a native DVI connection in 3D Vision games? I have my eyes on a 2080 as an upgrade from 2060 but realized there's no DVI and I have an ASUS VG278H monitor with builtin emitter so I can't even upgrade my monitor (not paying $400 for a 3dv kit) to a DP one.

Anyone else with a similar adapter - your feedback is appreciated.

Thx
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

I'm observing a similar problem with this adepter: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00DYR ... UTF8&psc=1
However, my issue is different. Desktop behaviour seems to have stabilized and for the most part works ok and smooth, but as soon as I launch a 3D game (or even the image viewer), it becomes super slow, to the point I can't play the game cause it won't even get to the menu. I can view a static image in 3D, so i now 3D works, but for some reason there's a massive slowdown.

Any ideas?
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Cesar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cesar »

3DNovice wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:26 pm I've no idea if this will work, but if you have a RTX GPU with a USB type C output, it might.

https://www.club-3d.com/en/detail/2471/ ... e_adapter/

It supports a 330 MHz Clock, costing approximately $50

If anyone tries it, please report your findings.
They changed/updated something with this specific adapter. It supports HDCP now, but the clock rate it supports went down to 268.5 MHz. For reference, the old page (archived back in November 2020) had the same adapter with 330 MHz support.

Is 330 MHz the minimum clock rate for 3D Vision to work?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cesar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cesar »

I decided to be a guinea pig and tried the Club3D CAC-1510 USB Type-C to DVI-D Dual Link Active Adapter.

While it activated 3D Vision on my monitor, the framerate plunged to around 2 to 4 fps when launching 3D apps/games, as if no hardware acceleration was being used. Also, it took over 15 seconds launch an app/game in 3D.

Other anomalies noted:
- ~15 seconds to switch framerates (From 60 Hz to 120 Hz).
- +20 seconds when enabling stereoscopic in NV Control Panel or in 3D Fix Manager.
- ~7 seconds when launching apps that uses GPU hardware acceleration (e.g. Google Chrome).
- ~7 seconds for Windows UAC prompt to come up.

If I turn 3D off, the issues above are not present. Also, 1080p in 2D @ 120 Hz runs fine.

The tests were done by just plugging in the adapter without doing any major changes to my PC. A restart was also done after doing the tests, but it's the same results.

The issue exhibiting with the USB Type-C to DL DVI-D adapter seems like the same issue Lysander was having with the VisionTek DP to DL DVI-D adapter. Not sure if Bizlink adapter would actually avoided these issues, or if it's a software driver issues with Nvidia video drivers or the 3D Vision drivers, but I haven't gone far enough to attempt to clean and reinstall drivers.

What I have:

GPUs:
- EVGA GeForce GTX 980 (for 3D gaming via DVI)
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (for VR; has DP/HDMI/USB-C; no DVI)
Monitor: ASUS VG278H (27" LED 3D display)
Drivers: 452.06 (standard)

Screenshots attached if you're wondering about the adapter's connectivity.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
makarastar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by makarastar »

Thanks a ton for the feedback. Am now glad I bought an Asus Dual Evo RTX 2070 (non-Super) with DVI to keep using my ageing Asus VG236 3D monitor.

From what I've read on the Helix website, people are struggling with the RTX 3000s in terms of 3D.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Adapter works fine... you know for ACTUAL 3D Vision...
Just don't enable 3D Vision if you use Chrome and such...
Also this is a thing I SAID about back in ...2016?! on the GeForce forums, before Nvidia decided to break them...
Yes, startup can be slower and some wait times can appear, but in the END it DOES THE JOB ;)
(This is NOT the Adapter Fault, but Nvidia sending "Magic" packets on DVI and the adapter doesn't "know" what they are and they are "filtered-out")
^_^
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Sounds about the same as my experience with the VisionTech AND Club 3d CAC-1010, Cesar. So 3 adapters available on the market currently are of no use for us.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”