Cyberpunk 2077 Confirmed dx12 only.... it begins.

Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Cyberpunk 2077 Confirmed dx12 only.... it begins.

Post by Necropants »

I wasn't sure if there was an existing thread on this game because the search did not find one.
DIgital foundry did an analysis video on it recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9-n3_xZnfY&t=1006s

Here they possibly hint at API support. If I read into this it's a bit hard to decipher but do you think the comments at 16:45 onwards might hint at an intial dx11 release with added support for Dx11 or vulkan later? Helifax mentions the need for vulkan because it's a requirement for a Stadia build.
I hope of course the PC build has multiple options as we have seen in some games..... It is, after all, a game that started development long ago so maybe we will be lucky. I do not trust system requirements around on the internet at the moment because they are all speculative.
Last edited by Necropants on Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
mistersvin21
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by mistersvin21 »

Scarhead
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Scarhead »

I read that too! :(
But it will also run on win7 !?

Here in German language...

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/cyberpu ... 359445.amp
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

Well this is what I feared, welcome to next gen. 2020 is nothing but bad news, I REALLY don't want to play this game in 2D :x

Hopefully they add vulkan as an option since they are using it for stadia anyway? Just doesn't sound like it.

I'll be ready to donate to any development attempt of a DX12 3D wrapper, won't be easy...but I'm not ready to go back to playing AAA games in 2D :roll:
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

mistersvin21 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:04 am DX12 only confirmed
https://wccftech.com/cd-projekt-red-add ... x-12-only/
Ty.

For everyone that didn't listen to me when I called it: you may now eat your socks... or at least your words!
DJ-RK wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:47 pmI'll bet $$$ on Cyberpunk ... to be DX12 and/or Vulkan exclusive
viewtopic.php?p=170707#p170707
sebastatu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sebastatu »

Man we really need a DX12 wrapper. from now on and with the coming of the next gen consoles. Dx11 will be none existant. Is there any hope?

i would gladly donate/buy any wrapper that did this... :shock:
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Well screw. I expected this but had some hope... but not even vulkan.
Dark days

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-directx-12-only/
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Confirmed dx12 only.... it begins.

Post by helifax »

Well... maybe Google will release their Stadia Vulkan version? xD
Not likely...
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Tis available for pre-install, launches in 1 day 14hrs supposedly.
Early reviewers are a bit mixed, but overall very positive with the exception of bugs and glitches.
I personally wish it was third person :(
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

I was thinking on writing to devs and asking them for Vulkan version and explaining all our 3d drama, anyone knows who should we write to?
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

Senior VP of business development says VR it's extremely niche: "CD Projekt Red Not Worried About VR, As It Remains A "Very Small" Market".

So it seems they are not interested in VR, let alone 3D.
Also they seem to be quite struggling with the release on 10th of December. There will be a handful of bugs in day 1 they said. So I don't think it's a very good moment to pledge our 3D drama, at least not until they stabilize the release.

My best hope is that Cyberpunk will work with Superdepth3D.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

floph wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:26 am Senior VP of business development says VR it's extremely niche: "CD Projekt Red Not Worried About VR, As It Remains A "Very Small" Market".

So it seems they are not interested in VR, let alone 3D.
Also they seem to be quite struggling with the release on 10th of December. There will be a handful of bugs in day 1 they said. So I don't think it's a very good moment to pledge our 3D drama, at least not until they stabilize the release.

My best hope is that Cyberpunk will work with Superdepth3D.
Yeah.. tell that to the Quest 2 launch ;) and the Steam Survey from November regarding the VR headsets and how many new people are actually getting into VR ;)
Let me translate that for you: They haven't been paid by Nvidia for VR, like they were paid for 3DVision for Witcher2 and RTX now with Cyberpunk (oh and HairWorks for Witcher3). Not getting paid, it's all a niche ;).
Hell 3D Vision was a lot more niche back in 2011 when Witcher 2 was released than VR is now ^_^
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

I really hope VR will grow in the coming years. Ubisoft apparently is working on an Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell in VR. 2020 saw a significant grow in SteamVR users due to Half Life Alyx, only to settle down after a while. So it seems that AAA VR games do have an important impact of VR growth. Quest helps VR grow as well - low price, no PC required, no cable mess.

But the biggest disappointment for me regarding VR is the low polished, half baked games, with graphics that look like 2D games from the 2000's. There are some exceptions though, for example The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - that game is soooo realistic. Sadly it's not a popular VR game. I wish there were more games like that one.

At least if HelixVision would be more popular among PCVR gamers, they could enjoy AAA games in "3D-VR" right now. I bet many don't even know about it. Many have tried VorpX though.

I wonder if HelixVision can be ported to Quest 2 or whether anybody thought about that already. Wither 3 needs 35 GB of space, Quest 2 has 64 or 256 GB, and with min graphics perhaps it might run at 30 Hz ? At least the future of standalone VR HMDs looks promising with the new Snapdragon 888 chip from Samsung slated to be 35% more powerful and 20% more battery efficient.
Feisty_Fernando

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

skyrimer wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:25 am I was thinking on writing to devs and asking them for Vulkan version and explaining all our 3d drama, anyone knows who should we write to?
I used my gog account to register on the cdprojekt forums, and make a thread about any Dx11 or Vulkan support and was met with hostility in no time.

Maybe someone will figure out a means to 3D with Superdepth.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

floph wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:30 pm I really hope VR will grow in the coming years. Ubisoft apparently is working on an Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell in VR. 2020 saw a significant grow in SteamVR users due to Half Life Alyx, only to settle down after a while. So it seems that AAA VR games do have an important impact of VR growth. Quest helps VR grow as well - low price, no PC required, no cable mess.

But the biggest disappointment for me regarding VR is the low polished, half baked games, with graphics that look like 2D games from the 2000's. There are some exceptions though, for example The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - that game is soooo realistic. Sadly it's not a popular VR game. I wish there were more games like that one.

At least if HelixVision would be more popular among PCVR gamers, they could enjoy AAA games in "3D-VR" right now. I bet many don't even know about it. Many have tried VorpX though.

I wonder if HelixVision can be ported to Quest 2 or whether anybody thought about that already. Wither 3 needs 35 GB of space, Quest 2 has 64 or 256 GB, and with min graphics perhaps it might run at 30 Hz ? At least the future of standalone VR HMDs looks promising with the new Snapdragon 888 chip from Samsung slated to be 35% more powerful and 20% more battery efficient.
Wait till Call of Duty Above and Beyond is released in 2 days ^_^ I am actually much more interested in this than Cyberpunk 2077.

helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Feisty_Fernando wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:08 am
skyrimer wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:25 am I was thinking on writing to devs and asking them for Vulkan version and explaining all our 3d drama, anyone knows who should we write to?
I used my gog account to register on the cdprojekt forums, and make a thread about any Dx11 or Vulkan support and was met with hostility in no time.

Maybe someone will figure out a means to 3D with Superdepth.
Do you have a link you can share? I am curios to see who replied and what is their logic...

RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

I too have been met with hostility when I try to introduce people to 3DVision/HelixVision etc.

Their "logic" usually falls into 2 categories:

1. There is too much fiddling. - The vast majority of people out there hate anything remotely technical - they want plug and play. What isn't plug and play is considered trash and not worth their time. A recent survey showed that the vast majority of gamers never ever go into any game options menu, to even change simple things like resolution. Us technical types on this forum and generally on the internet are an extremely rare breed who will delve into it for the payoff.

b. They just don't appreciate 3D/VR. Their stance is "cool bro, but it's not worth my time". I have found that again the average Joe's of the world just don't appreciate 3D enough to spend time learning the ins and outs. I am uncomfortable with a saying I heard once, as I believe everyone is equal, but it went something like "Simple minds are easily amused", which follows that "complex minds need complex stimulation". Without any comment, I shall leave you to judge how complex the mind of the average person you meet on the street is...

2. "nVidia doesn't support 3D anymore bro!". They don't care to hear about how many perfect games are perfectly playable and how new fixes are coming out every day by the community. There is little logic, except in those who might say that its too expensive as a barrier to entry. Many people will hate on something they cannot afford.

Overall, what I have come to find is that most places on the internet are toxic, filled with Anonymous keyboard warriors. This goes doubly worse for forums which are related to gaming, which are overwhelmingly filled with children who intrinsically tend to be immature, impatient, rebellious, and lacking in funding e.g. cyberpunk 2077. Most people in the 3DV community by comparison are mature 30+ - older people are generally more open to civilised discussion.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

helifax wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:35 am Wait till Call of Duty Above and Beyond is released in 2 days ^_^ I am actually much more interested in this than Cyberpunk 2077.
Same here. I've been waiting for Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond ever since it was first announced. It definitely has better graphics than most recent VR games releases.
I would've rather get Witcher 4 instead of Cyberpunk. At least we have AC Valhalla, which resembles some of the Witcher 3 atmosphere.

The next on my VR waiting list was Gnomes & Goblins VR. I thought it will be released in 2021 on the Oculus store, but I just saw it has already been released in September 23 on Steam. And it's 35% off until January 5. Totally missed it. Not much media coverage either about this pretty VR game. Anyway I am still waiting for my Reverb G2 pre-order from July, and for the holidays, to finally play and relax.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

I think you should check Viveport, Gnomes & Goblins is included together with tons of great games in the sub. It's also discounted for 15% and includes Walking Dead and Phasmophobia, so if you don't mind using steamvr it's pretty fantastic for the price
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lundamyrstrollet »

2 hours left... Newest ReShade is in my library, and there are no doubt that it will run in Superdepth 3D imo...Hate the Resolution loss of TaB or even worse SbS, DJ-RK meant in an older Thread if u use TaB there are 4x less Pixels on the Screen...
What would i give for an Frame Sequential Output for Depth 3D, dreaming in Red haha...

Skol and a good first Time with CP 2077 to all!
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Lundamyrstrollet wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:20 pm 2 hours left... Newest ReShade is in my library, and there are no doubt that it will run in Superdepth 3D imo...Hate the Resolution loss of TaB or even worse SbS, DJ-RK meant in an older Thread if u use TaB there are 4x less Pixels on the Screen...
What would i give for an Frame Sequential Output for Depth 3D, dreaming in Red haha...
You surely have an active 3D TV or a 1080p passive Tv for talking about resolution loss because Superdepth3D looks fine on 4kTV except it's fake 3D with all the consequence/outcome for that tech...
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

You surely have an active 3D TV or a 1080p passive Tv for talking about resolution loss because Superdepth3D looks fine on 4kTV except it's fake 3D with all the consequence/outcome for that tech...
[/quote]

No, Projector Setup....You ll have this loss of Pixels because of the Technique TaB or SbS comes with... Tested it otherwise with my Sony TV from 2016, its easy to compare a RDR2 fE with Superdepth on and off... The difference is vital imo, had to throw 3840x 2160 in TaB to get an decent Picture, and only with sharpening tools the Picture is acceptable for me...
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Lundamyrstrollet wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:20 pmDJ-RK meant in an older Thread if u use TaB there are 4x less Pixels on the Screen...
This is probably a misunderstanding of what DJ-RK meant.

Both SBS and TAB have exactly the same resolution because they both cut the resolution in half. 4x2=8 and 2x4=8 - it doesn't matter which you half.

TAB is actually better for Stereo3D purposes on a passive display as there is a 3rd dimension to the resolution - the Z axis, which is depth. This Depth is only encoded on the horizontal plane so if the format has full horizontal resolution (TAB), then it will have twice the depth resolution (better 3D) than SBS.

This is all good, tested theory on Video - I do not know how game wrappers/injectors handle resolutions - maybe they do something special which reduces the resolution on one format more than the other.

One other thing to note is that although SBS/TAB half the resolution on a passive display, they will double the 3D refresh rate/fps, i.e. the maximum refresh for sequential stereo is 120Hz/60fps for an active display, whereas if we use SBS/TAB on a passive display, you can play games at 120Hz/120fps because passive displays display both frames simultaneously (they are not interlaced!).

An academic mention - Helifax's Vk wrapper is fascinating because it allows one to use 120Hz/120fps on sequential active displays with some small caveats.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

RAGEdemon wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:44 pm
Lundamyrstrollet wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:20 pmDJ-RK meant in an older Thread if u use TaB there are 4x less Pixels on the Screen...

Both SBS and TAB have exactly the same resolution because they both cut the resolution in half. 4x2=8 and 2x4=8 - it doesn't matter which you half.

TAB is actually better for Stereo3D purposes on a passive display as there is a 3rd dimension to the resolution - the Z axis, which is depth. This Depth is only encoded on the horizontal plane so if the format has full horizontal resolution (TAB), then it will have twice the depth resolution (better 3D) than SBS.

This is all good, tested theory on Video - I do not know how game wrappers/injectors handle resolutions - maybe they do something special which reduces the resolution on one format more than the other.

One other thing to note is that although SBS/TAB half the resolution on a passive display, they will double the 3D refresh rate/fps, i.e. the maximum refresh for sequential stereo is 120Hz/60fps for an active display, whereas if we use SBS/TAB on a passive display, you can play games at 120Hz/120fps because passive displays display both frames simultaneously (they are not interleaved!).

An academic mention - Helifax's Vk wrapper is fascinating because it allows one to use 120Hz/120fps on sequential active displays with some small caveats.
Ah, ok, thanks for the Explanation...
Made a quick test with SuperDepth and Cyberpunk, works flawlessly, and looks far better than plain 2D...
So, must hurry up, Night City is calling haha.
Have fun Guys!!!
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

This is the one time I feel jealous I only have 3dvision monitors.
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

floph wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:34 am The next on my VR waiting list was Gnomes & Goblins VR. I thought it will be released in 2021 on the Oculus store, but I just saw it has already been released in September 23 on Steam. And it's 35% off until January 5. Totally missed it. Not much media coverage either about this pretty VR game. Anyway I am still waiting for my Reverb G2 pre-order from July, and for the holidays, to finally play and relax.
I believe the performance is pretty bad and its 45 minutes all up gameplay. I dont think you are missing much.

I got Cyberpunk.. I don't have high expectations... I am still playing Sniper Elite 4 in what seems like perfect 3D anyway and thoroughly enjoying that..
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

AArgh, im happy too early, tried many Versions of Depth 3D, but obviously there is no Depth Map... Has anyone got it working properly with CP yet?
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

Apparently you need to update your drivers to get rid of certain rendering bugs. One I have seen for myself is certain trees rendering through the entire scene. Can't update beyond 452.06 or else 3DVision wont work anyway. So, a bit of a catch-22.

FWIW, I am on an i7 7700K with 1080ti and the game runs a pretty solid 60fps in 1080p with High/Ultra. The only time it dips is when some graphical artifact seems to cover the screen like a "fog", but soon disappears (without changing location mind you) and back to 60fps. I am probably a pretty jaded gamer these days as it isn't drawing me in at all. I am certainly not upgrading to the latest graphic drivers.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

Lundamyrstrollet wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:09 pm
RAGEdemon wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:44 pm

One other thing to note is that although SBS/TAB half the resolution on a passive display, they will double the 3D refresh rate/fps, i.e. the maximum refresh for sequential stereo is 120Hz/60fps for an active display, whereas if we use SBS/TAB on a passive display, you can play games at 120Hz/120fps because passive displays display both frames simultaneously (they are not interleaved!).

Ah, ok, thanks for the Explanation...
Made a quick test with SuperDepth and Cyberpunk, works flawlessly, and looks far better than plain 2D...
So, must hurry up, Night City is calling haha.
Have fun Guys!!!
Superdepth is fake 3D isnt it? Like CM? Is superdepth halo free or the same like CM??
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Yep, its fake 3D equally to CM, including halos... But runs in DX12 and Vulkan too. Downside is only SbS, TaB and anaglyph is supported iirr, so without a 3D TV or Projector its useless,sadly...
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

I would say it's equivalent to CM Unleashed, because it allows you to adjust the convergence.
The halos can be less obvious then on CMU. It has two options for halos, and I find one of them looking better than on CMU.
But in FPS games halos should not be a problem at all.
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

OmG CD Project... As far as i can see,there is no way to get the Depth Map working, so nothing with SuperDepth3D...
AtM there are no way to disable the included TAA, which prevent the Depth Map from working, tried diff Versions and all possible Settings, its without doubt the AA imb.
Can`t explain what i feel this Moment, hopefully they will make the AA (its already there in a ini File,and there is a legit option in the game for it. It ends up being blank because they have no values established for it :cry: ) togglebar in the next Patches..
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Lundamyrstrollet wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:45 am AArgh, im happy too early, tried many Versions of Depth 3D, but obviously there is no Depth Map... Has anyone got it working properly with CP yet?
No depth here too for the moment :(
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Ok fellas I got superdepth3D working with reshade 4.7.0 MOD!!!

Happy game, I know I'm your today's hero :lol:

:woot
Last edited by Chtiblue on Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

here you go reshade 4.7.0 MOD
https://we.tl/t-5OxESYzhaw
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Whooot?!? You are Sir, indeed a life saver... Will try it now!!!
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Chtiblue wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:10 am here you go reshade 4.7.0 MOD
Which Version of Superdepth should i take? With the newest i get the Error cant compile the Superdepth.fx?
Tried also older Versions but no luck... compile error every time...
youve posted a pure Version of reshade, so i have set the effect Path and make a reshade-shaders folder, the shaders in it working excluding every SD.fx i tried?
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Just a quick info: the game already has a VorpX profile and according to VoodooDE (very reliable German VR Youtuber) the game looks stunning in VR.
Other than a lot of games that leave something to be desired when played in VorpX this one seems to deliver on all fronts. This is except for one specific aspect:
It's Z3D only (fake 3D). So it's definitely not my cup of tea. But for everyone who is ok with fake 3D and who also owns a VR headset, maybe it's worth a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY6VpwihD2o
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Lundamyrstrollet wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:40 am
Chtiblue wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:10 am here you go reshade 4.7.0 MOD
Which Version of Superdepth should i take? With the newest i get the Error cant compile the Superdepth.fx?
Tried also older Versions but no luck... compile error every time...
youve posted a pure Version of reshade, so i have set the effect Path and make a reshade-shaders folder, the shaders in it working excluding every SD.fx i tried?
Delete the folder you created, installed first last version of reshade with superdepth 3D (so it create the shader folder with superdepth3D) then just update your game with reshade 4.7.0 MOD

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”