Big Picture overlay and Tridef problem

Atx777
One Eyed Hopeful

Big Picture overlay and Tridef problem

Post by Atx777 »

This issue has been driving me nuts for the past few hours:

Whenever I load Skyrim (original release) or SKSE (the script extender) through Tridef 6.7; once I get to the title screen Steam loads a generic “Gamepad” profile, even though I have an Xbox One controller as recognized otherwise (and, yeah, the controls all work when not using Tridef). Once it loads that profile, strange things happen:

- The controller doesn’t work at all
- But, the visible button callouts still show [(A) for “Yes”, for instance],when trying to quit the game from the title
- The Keyboard’s escape-key also doesn’t function, if a save game is loaded into active gameplay
- If I have to force quit, by alt-tabbing out, on return to Steam, all the views like Library, Store... etc. will not load and will stay pitch black. I can still look at Settings though
- If I go into Big Picture Mode at this point, and head to Settings/Controller, it says “No controller detected”
- I then have to exit Steam entirely, from the system tray, in order to get Steam back to normal on reload.

It’s as if Tridef 6.7 is piggyback-loading and causing a corrupt version of the Steam interface and functionality.

But here’s the real kicker: everything runs fine if I load the game through Tridef while using a STEAM CONTROLLER. To make sure there wasn’t some type of conflict with the X1 pad, I: took the batteries out of the Steam controller; Took out the Steam USB dongle from my PC, and restarted the system.

All that still didn’t make the X1 controller work correctly.

And here’s another weird thing, if I load Steam first and THEN the Tridef SKSE profile, I can at least play the game with the X1 pad, but I still can’t get the Big Picture controller interface overlay to work; That’s even after I made sure to force it (Game/Properties/Enable BPM overlay— FORCE ON), in game settings.

Has anyone else got Big Picture Mode, or its overlay to work with Tridef? Because I really don’t get why this shiz is happening.
Atx777
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Big Picture overlay and Tridef problem

Post by Atx777 »

Oh btw, my specs:

Windows 10 home premium
Tridef 6.7 (confirmed safe crack)
i7 2700
RTX 2080 (newest GeForce drivers)
8 Gb RAM
Newest Steam Client
X1 wireless controller

The reason I need to solve this is I have a bunch of command and item shortcuts set up through the Big Picture overlay, and those shortcuts will not work without the overlay.

I could use the Steam Controller, but, lol, I don’t want to.
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

Hey dude. Why dont you use 3d Fix manager and 3d Vision? You are losing performance with Tridef and a nVidia card.
Share our love for stereoscopic gaming in VR
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... /playlists :anaglyph
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... 5lw/videos :anaglyph
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍
narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by narhicfd »

Atx777 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:42 am Oh btw, my specs:

Windows 10 home premium
Tridef 6.7 (confirmed safe crack)
i7 2700
RTX 2080 (newest GeForce drivers)
8 Gb RAM
Newest Steam Client
X1 wireless controller

The reason I need to solve this is I have a bunch of command and item shortcuts set up through the Big Picture overlay, and those shortcuts will not work without the overlay.

I could use the Steam Controller, but, lol, I don’t want to.
How well does using tridef and Nvidia card work?? Does tridef use the 3D Visio drive to render it in 3D?? Was thinking about switching to 3D vision since their seems to be more community input. And if I can use 3D vision and tridef both then why not??
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

In the current state of matters you would be better off just working with 3d Vision and a nVidia card. Tridef in at least 95% of cases are worse than 3dV. Because on a monitor your pixels are split in half horizontally (Half SBS). You dont want this. You want Frame Sequential (Full SBS). But when it comes to Virtual Reality I find that this is sometimes a 50/50 case in compatibility + performance. For the most part in older DX9 games. The difference in quality is very small if you leave the broken shaders out of the matter. Tridef's shaders arent as good as the nVidia community fixes. There are still many broken shaders with Tridef and in some cases they are just turned off or bypassed. The nVidia community also has a much wider variety of fixed games. Yet again in VR it is more balanced in the current state.

Yes, it doesnt hurt to have them both. But on a monitor you will have much better quality and performance when using 3d Vision. It is far more beneficial with VR.

You will need a monitor that is 3d vision ready or you would need to do an edid override. Otherwise nvidia will tell you your monitor is not compatible. You also need the 3d vision pyramid, or 3d Vision kit, to have access to 3d vision. It is not as user friendly as Tridef. But always worth the hassle.
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Lizzard wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:29 am In the current state of matters you would be better off just working with 3d Vision and a nVidia card. Tridef in at least 95% of cases are worse than 3dV. Because on a monitor your pixels are split in half horizontally (Half SBS). You dont want this. You want Frame Sequential (Full SBS). But when it comes to Virtual Reality I find that this is sometimes a 50/50 case in compatibility + performance. For the most part in older DX9 games. The difference in quality is very small if you leave the broken shaders out of the matter. Tridef's shaders arent as good as the nVidia community fixes. There are still many broken shaders with Tridef and in some cases they are just turned off or bypassed. The nVidia community also has a much wider variety of fixed games. Yet again in VR it is more balanced in the current state.

Yes, it doesnt hurt to have them both. But on a monitor you will have much better quality and performance when using 3d Vision. It is far more beneficial with VR.

You will need a monitor that is 3d vision ready or you would need to do an edid override. Otherwise nvidia will tell you your monitor is not compatible. You also need the 3d vision pyramid, or 3d Vision kit, to have access to 3d vision. It is not as user friendly as Tridef. But always worth the hassle.
If I switch to 3D vision, via Nvidia card, does that mean I have to buy the 3D vision emitter and their shutter glasses to play games in 3D?? Currently, I use TriDef with my Optoma full 1080p 3D projector and DLP glasses. I use 3D format side-by-side mode my projector offers.
I could be wrong, but from what I've read, it seems all I'll need is NVIDIA 3DTV Play software to play games in 3D.
Last edited by narhicfd on Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Here's a link for the specs of my Optoma DH1012 Projector:

https://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/pr ... c_8933.pdf
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

If you use a projector then I think 3DTV play should be free. As long as your projector is supported. Otherwise you would need to trick nVidia software to pick it up as a compatible. Does your PJ offer Frame Packed? This is what 3d Vision uses. Not SBS. Tridef Ignition works rather well with SBS. I use this in virtual reality and have had many hours of fun like this. I also own a 3D projector but stopped playing on this when I got a Samsung Odyssey+. It also offers a massive big screen but the quality is not as good with the projector. It is still pretty good and after a while you get used to the small degradation. A HMD takes much less power and you can use it during the day without making the room dark. Biggest disadvantage is that you cant share it at the same time like with a PJ.

You would need to install 425 drivers of nVidia. That was the last officially supported 3D Vision driver. Otherwise use 3d Fix Manager to help you set the latest drivers up. http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2017/05/3d ... nager.html

Let me know if I could assist you. Im not here much but peek in from time to time.

Return to “DDD Tridef Ignition Driver Forums”