Vk3DVision - A Vulkan 3D Vision Driver (With Single-Frame Stereo and RTX Support)

UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Vk3DVision - A Vulkan 3D Vision Driver (With Single-Frame Stereo and RTX Support)

Post by UnityBeing »

Last of Us pc port vulkan vs dx12 https://youtu.be/gSDtOo94ZnE
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Vk3DVision - A Vulkan 3D Vision Driver (With Single-Frame Stereo and RTX Support)

Post by Lysander »

UnityBeing wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:34 am Last of Us pc port vulkan vs dx12 https://youtu.be/gSDtOo94ZnE
hey, nice find! Now to see if vk3dv hooks onto it.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Cyber77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cyber77 »

So far i know, is dxvk not compatible with vk3dvision !
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Cyber77 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:31 pm So far i know, is dxvk not compatible with vk3dvision !
This is correct. Proton & dxvk try to translate DXGI & DX12 to Vulkan. But I also use DXGI for 3D vision and OpenVR. So as a result it leads to a stack overflow.
I plan to address this in the future, but not sure when i will have the time to get to it.
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
Cyber77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cyber77 »

If you develop that, we will have a DX12 Geometric 3D !!!
This will be a Revolution for MTBS and the whole 3D/VR community.

You should make this more public and ask for help. I know this is only a hobby
for you and you have a stressful job.

greets Cyber77
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Anyone has tried any of the recent Single Frame fixes, with the 3DVision viewing mode? Does it work for you?

I've tried Helifax's awesome Sniper Elite 5 fix recently and it crashes for me in this mode. There's no "interlaced" mode, and the SBS/TAB modes have the "double mouse" issue, so I was thinking of using 3DVision mode.
I would like confirmation from anyone that my understanding was correct, when I proceeded as below:
1. Installed newest driver (shows as 531.41 DCH in 3DFM)
2. Added back the 3D Vision part from 425.31, via 3DFM
3. Changed view mode to 3DVision in the ini from profile folder

Did I miss anything?
VK3Dvision splash screen triggers correctly, then ends in black screen, then after a few seconds it ends in an engine crash report.
Sometimes I can force 3DVision to trigger if I play around with the screen modes, like starting in window mode or full screen, then switching to borderless in-game. But even then, it's only anaglyph, not real 3DVision.
And I noticed that if I take the Stereo test in NVCP, it also only outputs in anaglyph, with no way to change it to regular 3Vision. (this might be normal behaviour when switching to recent drivers and adding the 3DVision part from old drivers, but not sure, never tried it before).

Could it be a conflict with Oled TVs and their EDID override? Would be ideal to get confirmation from users with the same setup.
Thank you in advance!
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Zappologist wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:12 am And I noticed that if I take the Stereo test in NVCP, it also only outputs in anaglyph, with no way to change it to regular 3Vision. (this might be normal behaviour when switching to recent drivers and adding the 3DVision part from old drivers, but not sure, never tried it before).
Well certainly, that is an issue that you need to sort, anaglyph should not be your only option.
If you are using a Passive 3DHDTV, then you need be using "Optimized for Nvidia GeForce" not 3D Vision.
If you were indeed using >>>"3D Vision"<<< I'd recommend that you try reinstalling the USB driver and/or complete drivers.

viewtopic.php?p=166635
Make sure nothing is in the chain when troubleshooting... Adapter, AVR, Switcher, Splitter
Keep in mind, EDID overrides are port specific. An override would need to be performed again, if ports are switched

I know that if you were to go through this thread and search each page using "black screen", there are a few existing posts that may help, once you get the
anaglyph issue sorted.

@helifax, perhaps you can contact bo3b/davegl1234 to see if the method they used to add additional formats might be applicable to your wrapper, in some way.
If you were to add column interleaved, wouldn't that allow you to output the native format of your Spatial Labs display, thus alleviating any additional frame lag,
that post conversion of the format by the display imposes?
viewtopic.php?p=185798#p185798
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

First, let me just say what I should have started with:
Helifax, THANK YOU! You are a genius!
Jesus, these fixes are amazing! I tried Detroit as well, now, just to test my issue. The fixes and performance are simply incredible!

Now, about the issue I have. I replicated it with Detroit.
Thanks 3DNovice for your input.
I'll have to do it all again, this time with DDU and reapplying the EDID, as I did not even bother to reapply it after changing drivers this time.
I's true that usually when I changed drivers in the past the EDID had to be reapplied each time. But I have not done this in ages, and forgot about it. Plus, we are too spoiled with the Geo11! I'm not even aware anymore what I need or don't need in order to play games in 3D. It simply works.
I would never have imagined this a few years ago.
Between Helifax's Vulkan wrapper, and Migoto+Geo11, I switched to newest drivers and boom: all my games still work in 3D ! Insane!
I even made Diablo3 work. Added migoto "fix" via 3DFM, popped Geo11 in there, and we're good to go, perfect 3D.
Planet Zoo is the only one I "lose" in this scenario, and even that one looks decent with SD3D.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Small update:
I've reinstalled everything again: DDU, then 531.41 DCH driver, then the 3DVision part from 425.31 using 3DFM, then the EDID.
The issue remains, I cannot use 3DVision view mode, crashes or hangs in a black screen.
And the 3D test only works in anaglyph, no other option exists.

I would just like to understand if I'm reading the info correctly:
3DVision - Uses DX9 to render. Works on driver ABOVE 452.06. Requires Nvidia 3D Vision Driver! DO NOT USE ANY OVERLAYS or Performance will be severly affected!

Has anyone ever made this work?
How do you reach this state: new drivers above 452.06 + 3D Vision driver?

Since I guess drivers above 452.06 don't even have the 3D part, I assumed that it must be installed separately somehow, so I used this feature from 3DFM. Did I proceed correctly? Maybe I just don't understand the documentation properly.
I still enjoy then new Sniper Elite immensely, what a game...
It just bugs me when I cannot get something to work, especially if it's safe to assume others got it to work. I would really appreciate confirmation on that.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Hmm, sorry. I forgot about the issue with the test in newer drivers
viewtopic.php?t=26356 Fixing the DCH driver stalls
viewtopic.php?p=185213 d3d8to9 to fix Nvidia test
Confirmation that the EDID is installed correctly, would be the "Optimized for Nvidia GeForce" logo appearing.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Thank you 3DNovice, really appreciate your input!
That was it. The "Fixing the DCH driver stalls" post solved the anaglyph issue in NVCP test immediately.
I felt that it might be something with the process of adding the 3D Vision part, but it seems it's an issue with DCH drivers.
I probably read Bo3b's post you provided, but then forgot about it since I did not have to change drivers in years.
I wonder how spread out the problem is. By default, the Nvidia driver page suggests a DCH driver, but if users can still chose non-DCH driver versions then the problem will not occur.

Additional notes in case it can help other users:
When using 3DVision view mode with the Vulkan fixes, make sure the game is in full screen. Sniper 5 was still crashing on black screen even after applying the DCH fix, until I changed to full screen. Detroit does not seem to care, so feel free to try around depending on the game.
Also, disable Steam overlay, as Helifax suggests, as there is a clear performance hit (screen tearing, in my case) at least with Sniper 5. Did not try Detroit yet.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

I'm so glad that you got it sorted, I felt horrible after forgetting about the NVtest issue and have been thinking about it all night.

Huge thanks to madshi for finding the problem, bo3b starting a thread on the issue, as well as the testers
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Sorry for the late chime-in ;)
Last time I tried the actual 3DVision monitor was last year and at the time it did actually work. Since then I mostly use the VR headset to play the games in 3D Cinema.
But as far as the 3dVision workaround goes, it should still work if Nvidia didn't severely changed some of the internal driver architecture.
It seems you managed to get it working fine in the end though ;)
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

helifax wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:31 pm
Cyber77 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:31 pm So far i know, is dxvk not compatible with vk3dvision !
This is correct. Proton & dxvk try to translate DXGI & DX12 to Vulkan. But I also use DXGI for 3D vision and OpenVR. So as a result it leads to a stack overflow.
I plan to address this in the future, but not sure when i will have the time to get to it.
Helifax please bro take your time dear Sir to read our thoughts about your venture and our eagerness to see a solution from shaderhackers in dx12 saga,

Here is shared doc, short and sweet with Flugan (Assembler)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cYN ... sp=sharing
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Deleted

Post by UnityBeing »

Deleted
Last edited by UnityBeing on Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

DXVK WRAPPER dx12 -> Vulkan Forum post about it

Post by UnityBeing »

DXVK WRAPPER dx12 -> Vulkan

Forum post about it:

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/ ... 140726141/
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

It seems that Doom 3 BFG has a new mod that leverages Nvidi's NVRHI to add Vulkan and dx12 APIs.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/rbdoom-3-bfg

The documentation by the developers is a good read
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

3DNovice wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:41 pm It seems that Doom 3 BFG has a new mod that leverages Nvidi's NVRHI to add Vulkan and dx12 APIs.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/rbdoom-3-bfg

The documentation by the developers is a good read
Well done in finding this gem!!! :mrgreen:
ZeGURU69
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZeGURU69 »

Hello,

I tried to make Doom Eternal work with a 4090 (driver 531.61) in 3DVISION with Vk3DVision but I have a return under windows (after a black screen or it seems to be looking for a screen).

I have selected the default screen 1 in the game and disabled the full screen optimization on the exe of the game. The game worked before with a 2080 ti and older drivers.

The game works in TAB, the 3Dvision drivers are installed. Dx9 games work and some games with geo11 with dx9 path work. I am on an optoma UHD42 video projector which works in tab, sbs, framesequential and framepacking

So I don't know where the problem is coming from, does anyone have an idea?

Thank you very much for your return!
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

ZeGURU69 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:28 am Hello,

I tried to make Doom Eternal work with a 4090 (driver 531.61) in 3DVISION with Vk3DVision but I have a return under windows (after a black screen or it seems to be looking for a screen).

I have selected the default screen 1 in the game and disabled the full screen optimization on the exe of the game. The game worked before with a 2080 ti and older drivers.

The game works in TAB, the 3Dvision drivers are installed. Dx9 games work and some games with geo11 with dx9 path work. I am on an optoma UHD42 video projector which works in tab, sbs, framesequential and framepacking

It could be the issue I had a few weeks ago:

"In fact it was not reshade Vulkan's fault but Bandycam and OBS' Vulkan registry
"still i also had to delete this file bdcamvk64.json this is a bandicam software file, that is one of the app i always install on a fresh windows, so when i said i installed "base" software when i did a w11 clean install few weeks ago i'm almost sure i was wrong and had installed bandicam aswell thus also having this json file in my regedit.""

See here:
https://discord.com/channels/7479671028 ... 7694411847
ZeGURU69
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZeGURU69 »

Hi Chtieblue,

Thank you for your answer but I don't use Bandycam (and the discord link doesn't work, maybe I'm on the wrong server).

I would have to test another game but I think it will not work in 3dvision mode either.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

ZeGURU69 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 5:20 am Hi Chtieblue,

Thank you for your answer but I don't use Bandycam (and the discord link doesn't work, maybe I'm on the wrong server).

I would have to test another game but I think it will not work in 3dvision mode either.
It's on this server:

https://discord.gg/v7gKA5HM

Flatscreen to Vr
ZeGURU69
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZeGURU69 »

Your link still doesn't work, it now puts me "failed to load messages"
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Hmm.. I am not entirely sure Nvidia 3D Vision is working correctly with the newer Nvidia drivers anymore...
I see you get it to run in SBS or Top/Under so this points towards the fact that there is something wrong with the DirectX9 render path. Hmm... Not sure what to advise at the moment regarding this, as I haven't been used 3DVision for almost 2 years now :(

Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

ZeGURU69 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:49 pm Your link still doesn't work, it now puts me "failed to load messages"
You need to search and log in the Flatscreen to VR discord
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Note that Flat2VR discord has many distinct, separately enabled topic areas…
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
ZeGURU69
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZeGURU69 »

helifax wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:19 am

Hmm.. I am not entirely sure Nvidia 3D Vision is working correctly with the newer Nvidia drivers anymore...
I see you get it to run in SBS or Top/Under so this points towards the fact that there is something wrong with the DirectX9 render path. Hmm... Not sure what to advise at the moment regarding this, as I haven't been used 3DVision for almost 2 years now :(
Thank you for your answer !

Hope this is easily fixable as the DX9 path seems to work fine with my current drivers on geo11 drivers. I tested quite a lot of DX11 game in geo11 DX9 mode and published an article here viewtopic.php?t=26746

It's a bit of a shame that the vulkan games don't work since it uses the same path as on the geo11 drivers.
ZeGURU69
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZeGURU69 »

ZeGURU69 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:31 pm

Hope this is easily fixable as the DX9 path seems to work fine with my current drivers on geo11 drivers. I tested quite a lot of DX11 game in geo11 DX9 mode and published an article here viewtopic.php?t=26746

It's a bit of a shame that the vulkan games don't work since it uses the same path as on the geo11 drivers.
Hi Helifax,

Finally, I found a way to get Doom Eternal to work in 3DVision with an old version of Vk3DVision that was in my download folder (4.19.20). So there must be some problem between the DX9 path of 3dvision and the latest version of Vk3DVision.

Anyway, thank you for your work !
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

ZeGURU69 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:04 pm
ZeGURU69 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:31 pm

Hi Helifax,

Finally, I found a way to get Doom Eternal to work in 3DVision with an old version of Vk3DVision that was in my download folder (4.19.20). So there must be some problem between the DX9 path of 3dvision and the latest version of Vk3DVision.

Anyway, thank you for your work !
Sadly 3DVision is pretty much dead for 4 years now :( While I try to keep it alive as much as possible, it has become more and more hard to even get the damn thing to work :(
Glad that you got it working!

For the record, if you ever want to grab an older version you can find the binaries on Github: https://github.com/helifax/Vk3DVision-Public/releases
All versions are there. I try to keep them as backwards compatible as possible, unless stated otherwise or going from major version to major version ^_^.

Cheers!

ZeGURU69
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZeGURU69 »

Thanks for your feedback !

I hadn't found the history of VK3DVision updates, I'll test that and I'll tell you from which version it no longer works (I imagine it's from 4.20.12).

3Dvision is not completely dead yet as long as people continue to use it and new games still work on it, especially as it is possible to use the latest drivers (and an RTX4090 !) thanks to geo11.

I would use something else to do 3D with my VP but apart from the tab and sbs modes which degrade the image a lot, there is nothing.
ZeGURU69
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZeGURU69 »

I tested newer versions of Vk3Dvision and as I expected the latest working version is 4.19.22. At least I no longer get the message that my graphics card isn't compatible !

I have found a very strange bug: I realized that if I didn't superimpose MSI afterburner, one eye flashes (nothing serious but it's weird).

I also tested Quake 2 RTX (it's the first FPS I did on PC in 1998 ...) which doesn't work in 3Dvision nor in tab/sbs (with the last version of VK3Dvision, I have a return under windows in tab)
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

ZeGURU69 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:09 am I tested newer versions of Vk3Dvision and as I expected the latest working version is 4.19.22. At least I no longer get the message that my graphics card isn't compatible !

I have found a very strange bug: I realized that if I didn't superimpose MSI afterburner, one eye flashes (nothing serious but it's weird).

I also tested Quake 2 RTX (it's the first FPS I did on PC in 1998 ...) which doesn't work in 3Dvision nor in tab/sbs (with the last version of VK3Dvision, I have a return under windows in tab)
Thanks, for finding which version last worked for you. I will try to check and see why it doesn't work after that version.

Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

helifax wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:16 pm
ZeGURU69 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:09 am I tested newer versions of Vk3Dvision and as I expected the latest working version is 4.19.22. At least I no longer get the message that my graphics card isn't compatible !

Thanks, for finding which version last worked for you. I will try to check and see why it doesn't work after that version.
Thanks Helifax and know that this is appreciated. Knowing that we can at least have legit 3dv on the latest drivers via vk3dv was always cool.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

Helifax any word on rdr2 in 3D? I bought the game for full price and now it’s cheap, still haven’t played campaign as I’ve been waiting for your tools to mature for masterotaku. I’ll definitely donate to you and masterotaku for a fix. Should I give up waiting? Or give it a few months? Thanks.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

UnityBeing wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:52 pm Helifax any word on rdr2 in 3D? I bought the game for full price and now it’s cheap, still haven’t played campaign as I’ve been waiting for your tools to mature for masterotaku. I’ll definitely donate to you and masterotaku for a fix. Should I give up waiting? Or give it a few months? Thanks.
Masterotaku said Helifax fixed tesselation in VK3D so that's a great news 8)

But Masterotaku is now stucked with some shadows fixing and he's fixing many games in the same time so wait and see ;)
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Yeah, he'll do it eventually, bit by bit we're getting there :)
aa07
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by aa07 »

Any chance of adding Rage 2 to the list? (https://3dsurroundgaming.com/Vk3DVisionGames.html#D)

I've tried the one that's older version from the Helixmod blog, but could only get one eye to render (steamvr) whereas all latest Vk3Dvision games work flawlessly for me.

btw I use a 4000s gpu and get that warning popup of possible incompatibility with VK3D, but it still works!
Cyber77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cyber77 »

Hey Helifax, are you working on a VK3DVision Fix for Baldur's Gate III ?
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

aa07 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:08 am Any chance of adding Rage 2 to the list? (https://3dsurroundgaming.com/Vk3DVisionGames.html#D)

I've tried the one that's older version from the Helixmod blog, but could only get one eye to render (steamvr) whereas all latest Vk3Dvision games work flawlessly for me.

btw I use a 4000s gpu and get that warning popup of possible incompatibility with VK3D, but it still works!
My 4070ti tuf oc works fine with annexed Vulkan3D fix - 531.61-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-nsd-dch-whql game ready drivers with 3DFM 3D drivers installed. If you get a read text change resolution, game will crash, restart and verify its your resolution and should be fine. Works 101% here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”