Does 3D Vision Work with Latest Windows 10? PC crashing need reinstall

Muojo
Cross Eyed!

Does 3D Vision Work with Latest Windows 10? PC crashing need reinstall

Post by Muojo »

Hey guys, apart from busy life of a student intern, my PC has been crashing since last August. Becaues of all the stuff in my life, I haven't been able to debug the issue and it feels like it would be more time consuming than reinstalling.

I don't think I have a back up image with my all 3D tweaks I did back then. I do have a question, if I were to reinstall, it would be forced to update to the latest Win 10.

Does 3D Vision work with the latest Windows 10? Or are there caveats to this. I also plan on moving from a i7 930 to a 9900k or 10900 if I get my hands on one and go from a 1080 Ti to a 2080 Ti to support my 4K 3D needs since I game on my C6.
As of now I am staying put with the i7 930 and 1080 Ti. For now.

Is there anything to watch out for?
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Does 3D Vision Work with Latest Windows 10? PC crashing need reinstall

Post by Isaacvigo »

U can reinstall , update, etc without worries...
Just download 3D manager
Install the drivers u like (standard version).
Then start the manager and hit the start 3d option (in upper-right switch).
u are ready!
Muojo
Cross Eyed!

Post by Muojo »

Isaacvigo wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:00 pm U can reinstall , update, etc without worries...
Just download 3D manager
u are ready!
what's this I hear about DX11 games? I read somwhere that 3D on DX11 games don't work on latest Windows 10?
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

That is already past .. this post is about the present .. today
There u have a lot of info if u feel lost
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Muojo wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:07 pm
Isaacvigo wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:00 pm U can reinstall , update, etc without worries...
Just download 3D manager
u are ready!
what's this I hear about DX11 games? I read somwhere that 3D on DX11 games don't work on latest Windows 10?
The full story is kind of complicated, with different OSes and Video Drivers.

The short story is that Win10 1903 and later, when using a driver version higher than 430.xx or so- you would get a game crash in any UE4 game. And a bunch of other games engines as time went on.

The brilliant Schwing hack is what fixes the problem, and allows us to use even the latest video driver. At the expense of a binary edit to the video driver, which breaks the signing of the driver, and makes anti-virus and EAC flip out. The Schwing hack is what Robert256's BringBack3DV uses, and what the latest 1.75 3DFM uses.

Using the Schwing hack, we can currently play anything.
Muojo
Cross Eyed!

Post by Muojo »

bo3bber wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:22 pm
Muojo wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:07 pm
Just download 3D manager
u are ready!
The full story is kind of complicated, with different OSes and Video Drivers.

The short story is that Win10 1903 and later, when using a driver version higher than 430.xx or so- you would get a game crash in any UE4 game. And a bunch of other games engines as time went on.

The brilliant Schwing hack is what fixes the problem, and allows us to use even the latest video driver. At the expense of a binary edit to the video driver, which breaks the signing of the driver, and makes anti-virus and EAC flip out. The Schwing hack is what Robert256's BringBack3DV uses, and what the latest 1.75 3DFM uses.

Using the Schwing hack, we can currently play anything.
Thanks fore the reply. Is there a step by step on how to do this? I'm feeling the itch to do some gaming with my limited free time ;)
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

I recommend you try it...
It is so simple that your worries will be resolved instantly ...
You just have to install the official drivers
After, opening the 3d manager and at the moment of giving the button to activate 3d, the program informs you of everything and does it automatically.

If you try it,
I promise to answer you here any difficulties that happen to you, if it is in my hand
Muojo
Cross Eyed!

Post by Muojo »

Isaacvigo wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:23 pm I recommend you try it...
It is so simple that your worries will be resolved instantly ...
You just have to install the official drivers
After, opening the 3d manager and at the moment of giving the button to activate 3d, the program informs you of everything and does it automatically.

If you try it,
I promise to answer you here any difficulties that happen to you, if it is in my hand
I'll hold you to that l :lol: Because if I run into an issue I will be sliding into your DMs
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

I've spent the whole last week testing that wonder intensively ... Before it was released today.
That's why I'm so sure you won't have a problem

If you want to dig deeper and want to read, from there on, you can see all the work Paul was doing for that evolution
Muojo
Cross Eyed!

Post by Muojo »

Isaacvigo wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:56 pm I've spent the whole last week testing that wonder intensively ... Before it was released today.

If you want to dig deeper and want to read, from there on, you can see all the work Paul was doing for that evolution
I'll check it out when I get time. Will suck to do it all over again if I can upgrade to 10900k as I assume I'd need to clean reinstall to avoid any unneccsary issues
Muojo
Cross Eyed!

Post by Muojo »

Isaacvigo wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:56 pm I've spent the whole last week testing that wonder intensively ... Before it was released today.

BTw does this work for people with OLEDs. The directions you posted

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”