Any way to get the Samsung shutterglasses sans TriDef soft?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

Any way to get the Samsung shutterglasses sans TriDef soft?

Post by Anthony1 »

I know that Samsung has a package called SSG1000 that includes a pair of their shutterglasses, an emitter, and some TriDef software. I believe the normal price is $129.99 or something like that. I think one place was selling it for $117.99. But if all I wanted was the glasses and the emitter, is there any way to get those seperately for a cheaper price?

Any way to get an extra pair of the shutterglasses sans emitter and everything? What if you needed 4 glasses for 4 family members? You have to spend $500??? Seems a bit ridiculous.
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Re: Any way to get the Samsung shutterglasses sans TriDef soft?

Post by chrisdfw »

I couldn't find a better deal on that Samsung brand, but if you don't mind the shutter portion of the glasses being rectangles instead of covering the entire viewing area, the glasses at this place are much cheaper:

http://www.i-glassesstore.com/dlp3dsystems.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It looks like you get get 4 glasses and 2 emitters for about $222 without software.
Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

Post by Anthony1 »

chrisdfw wrote:I couldn't find a better deal on that Samsung brand, but if you don't mind the shutter portion of the glasses being rectangles instead of covering the entire viewing area, the glasses at this place are much cheaper:

http://www.i-glassesstore.com/dlp3dsystems.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It looks like you get get 4 glasses and 2 emitters for about $222 without software.

You can only use 1 emitter per TV right?

Can 1 emitter be used with 4 glasses. For example, if you have a family of four, and they are all sitting on the sofa wearing the glasses, watching Spy Kids or whatever, will one emitter work fine?
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

Yes, one emitter will work fine. It is just cheaper to order 2 pairs of glasses and emitter than it is to order 2 seperate pairs of glasses one at a time.

I believe you just have to be line of sight from each pair of glasses to the emitter and probably can't be farther than 10-15 feet away.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”