GEFORCE 3D VISION ANNOUNCEMENT ( french)

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
apogrif
One Eyed Hopeful

GEFORCE 3D VISION ANNOUNCEMENT ( french)

Post by apogrif »

hi,

tomshardware just got some news about the nvidia 3d vision

(the link below is in french)
http://www.presence-pc.com/actualite/nv ... tes-32761/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

in fact there will be a pack (between 500$ an 600$) with the glasses and a 22 inch samsung LCD SCREEN wich support 120 htz.

it also tell that it will be compatible with any CRT screen and lcd/dlp screen that support 100/120 htz

sorry for my english i do my best i promess ;)
apogrif
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Re: GEFORCE 3D VISION ANNOUNCEMENT ( french)

Post by martinlandau »

apogrif wrote:in fact there will be a pack (between 500$ an 600$) with the glasses and a 22 inch samsung LCD SCREEN wich support 120 htz.
Bon Jour. My french is rusty and has been many years since I speak it, but why are they quoting US dollar figures on a french website, isn't that supposed to be euros or am I reading wrong again?
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Looking good. I'm beginning to have hopes on nvidia once again, though I still don't understand why the current stereo drivers are restricted :?:
apogrif wrote:sorry for my english i do my best i promess ;)
Dont' worry, you are not alone here :)
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

apogrif wrote:in fact there will be a pack (between 500$ an 600$) with the glasses and a 22 inch samsung LCD SCREEN wich support 120 htz.
I wonder how many people will be interested now that the iz3d is $399. I guess the 120Hz will be better for 2D stuff, but still.
funkee
Cross Eyed!

Post by funkee »

cybereality wrote: I wonder how many people will be interested now that the iz3d is $399. I guess the 120Hz will be better for 2D stuff, but still.
Because it is not the same technology. The shutters will behave differently, especially with regards to crosstalk, viewing angle, etc. Test them first and then ask yourself the same question.
TimColes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by TimColes »

Hi,

I was under the impression the monitor of choice was to be a new 22" LCD release from ViewSonic. I know Samsung make DLP TV's capable of 120Hz, is there a monitor available? Will this provide a high enough quality image for close up desktop interaction? Or do the TV's provide this quality already?

Tim
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

The article also mentioned "Also note that the 120 Hz screens require a DVI Dual Link, which can be problematic." Does this mean the CRT also need to have DVI Dual Link ?
snaileri
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by snaileri »

distantreader wrote:The article also mentioned "Also note that the 120 Hz screens require a DVI Dual Link, which can be problematic." Does this mean the CRT also need to have DVI Dual Link ?
DVI Dual Link is a graphic card feature, monitor has nothing to do with it.
I guess the package includes some sort of adapter for CRT monitors.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

CRTs use the VGA port, the graphics card talks directly to the monitor. And there is a little more bandwidth.
DVI was introduced for LCD monitor which are full digital so the analog VGA signal is not optimal in LCD monitors.
DVI Dual link must be available from the graphics card, the cable (most DVI cables support dual link) and the display.
For example the iZ3D monitor would benefit a lot from Dual Link DVI input (only one cable instead of two).
martinlandau wrote:
Bon Jour. My french is rusty and has been many years since I speak it, but why are they quoting US dollar figures on a french website, isn't that supposed to be euros or am I reading wrong again?
French magazines always use the dollar price when no european price has been announced yet.
Anyway we know that no matter what the euro/dollar rate is, we'll have either the same numbers or sometimes even more in european stores.
So if it's 600$ in the us it will be 600€ or more in european stores.
Unless we look for specialized online import shops.
cybereality wrote:I wonder how many people will be interested now that the iz3d is $399. I guess the 120Hz will be better for 2D stuff, but still.
I'd say many.
Cutting edge 2D monitor + great 3D
vs
cutting edge 3D + average 2D

I i were not a 3D convinced enthusiast, i would not hesitate a single second.
But since i am.... i'm waiting for the iZ3D 26" specs.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

I have seen a DVI CRT monitor, just one. They must be very rare. I wonder what the benefit is, there must be an onboard DAC in that monitor.
CAVE, see what all the fuss is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NN5JKlIi0

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”