[Fixed] Steam error messages in web browser

BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

[Fixed] Steam error messages in web browser

Post by BlackShark »

I've recently tried to reuse Tridef after a while and updating ... everything on my computer. Windows 10 v1903 + new CPU (requiring an activation, which no longer works since Tridef's DRM site is down)
I finally managed to get a working Tridef Ignition by using replacement executables thanks to asprind's post on this page: https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic. ... 10#p164910

I've now got an issue with games from my steam library.
As soon as steam loads (under tridef) a broken webpage "error/" is opened every couple of seconds in my web browser.
The game appears to launch normally, but I don't want to try and play for any significant amount of time since I do not want to turn my computer into a RAM overload time-bomb in the form of my web browser trying to open thousands and thousands of tabs. And then the chore of closing these tabs manually afterwards (I keep my tabs between sessions).

Once I close the game, the behaviour continues as long as steam is still running in the background (under Tridef).
It looks like it only happens on Steam games. (I tried only one non-steam game for about a minute and this behaviour does not happen)

I believe it's tied to Steam's recent client redesign, but I'm not sure, the last time I tried to play a steam game using Tridef was months ago.
Has anyone had this issue ?
Has anyone managed to solve it ?
Last edited by BlackShark on Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Steam and error messages

Post by narhicfd »

Just tried to play a Steam game in 3D and got the same web error messages. Also, I'm noticing that though it starts the game in 3D, I can't change any settings like switching to powered 3D , increasing scene depth or anything.
Just noticed as well that the old "exception" error message no longer pops up, just the stupid web browser message. Not sure about this one.
MK
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MK »

My Steam games still works in 3D with Tridef 3D without getting any web page error messages.
Joker18
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Joker18 »

The steam error if fixed for me, some windows or steam update just fixed it.
3D Gamer using Avegant Glyph & LG 65E6V
No hidden talents.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

It looks like for some people this bug vanished when Steam is updated, or when people switch to the beta client of steam.
Unfortunately I still had the error messages issue, but
I FOUND A FIX !

Thanks to Steam user Capn J https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/ ... 089184390/

SOLUTION : prevent Steam from opening the browser by adding the -no-browser command argument to your Tridef game properties.
You'll need to do this for each game when using tridef, but it's better than nothing.

Example :
In your Tridef main window, right click on your steam game -> properties
Add the -no-browser argument to the command line. It should look like this

Code: Select all

-no-browser steam://rungameid/######
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: [Fixed] Steam error messages in web browser

Post by narhicfd »

Thanks for info on how to stop the error message from popping up. Much appreciated.
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

Hi I need your help. I started the game "Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons" with Tridef and there were no problems on Windows 10 and Windows 7.

Now I wanted to test Alien Isolation. There are no problems on Windows 7 but it won't start on Windows 10.

I'm not sure but I think there are no problems with Tridef. The problem must lie elsewhere. Can someone help me? Thanks very much.
Last edited by marcus locos on Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

I've now managed to start Steam games in side-by-side.

But I have a lot of games in my Epic Game Launcher.
I also tested Alien Isolation with it and the game starts in SBS but the game crashes in the menu and I'm back on the desktop.

Does anyone know how to launch games from the epic store with tridef?
CapnJ
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by CapnJ »

BlackShark wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:48 pm It looks like for some people this bug vanished when Steam is updated, or when people switch to the beta client of steam.
Unfortunately I still had the error messages issue, but
I FOUND A FIX !

Thanks to Steam user Capn J https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/ ... 089184390/

SOLUTION : prevent Steam from opening the browser by adding the -no-browser command argument to your Tridef game properties.
You'll need to do this for each game when using tridef, but it's better than nothing.

Example :
In your Tridef main window, right click on your steam game -> properties
Add the -no-browser argument to the command line. It should look like this

Code: Select all

-no-browser steam://rungameid/######
Cool thing to see how this helped someone, it's funny to come across this randomly and see my old Steam discussion comment.

Return to “DDD Tridef Ignition Driver Forums”