PSMoveService to VR Controllers through FreePIE Bridge

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
ElectricPotato
One Eyed Hopeful

PSMoveService to VR Controllers through FreePIE Bridge

Post by ElectricPotato »

This has probably been asked before but here goes: I'm looking into using my two new(ish) PSMove Controllers as VR wands - emulating whatever controllers are possible/easiest - plus using a Virtual Controller for Positional Tracking of my headset.

I've already got myself a Virtual Controller script working - I adapted my year-old Virtual HMD script to work with a Virtual Controller instead, allowing me to run my two physical controllers alongside it (which you can't do with a vHMD).

That works well, however I have no idea what FreePIE reads in terms of VR Controllers - what should I use, and how would I use it?
Once I've figured out that bit, I'll be good to go.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit incoherent: I haven't touched FreePIE in about a year or so and it's a bit tough trying to figure out exactly what I'm looking for...

Also, a side note: I WOULD use SteamVRBridge instead for PSMove, however it doesn't work for me. I think it's something to do with the driver I'm using for interfacing my DIY HMD (as well as FreePIE) with SteamVR - they don't work together no matter what I try, meaning I have to use FreePIE for everything.
ElectricPotato
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: PSMoveService to VR Controllers through FreePIE Bridge

Post by ElectricPotato »

I GOT IT WORKING!
*Ahem* Sorry, just a bit excited that my entire day wasn't wasted.
Anyways, I've figured out what's been going on. Essentially, the PSMove SteamVR Bridge can't use Virtual HMDs. That's where my problems were coming in.
But I tested it, and the controllers work. So that's a start.
And then I found you can use SteamVRBridge and FreePIEBridge at the same time. Which solves my final problem of using controllers and HMD at the same time!

So, as of right now, I'm running the TrueOpenVR Driver for my Display and FreeTrack integration, SteamVR Bridge for my controllers, and FreePIE Bridge (along with my newly modified script) for the Virtual Controller Position and Arduino-based rotation tracking.

It's a bit annoying that I have to use two different things at once...
But it works.
And that's all that matters.
andreaparisi
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: PSMoveService to VR Controllers through FreePIE Bridge

Post by andreaparisi »

You setting psmove service , if want you use two controller psmove for hands, for face you can use a third controller, or create a virtual hmd that can track with a colored led.
Step:
I am using ledball tracking wit driver4vr, iVRy driver (not iVRy psmove driver), FreePie Bridge and FreePie of course and its fine yet lol.

Soft that i use for head tracking:
http://andersmalmgren.github.io/FreePIE/
---
https://github.com/HipsterSloth/PSMoveF ... /releases/ (I only using script from that release, it is freepie example script.py)
When you launched SteamVR (with driver4vr and iVRy), you must open freepiebridge: write in console 1 (HMD) , after write id of your pingpong (for me it is 0 you can see that in PsMoveconfigtool), now launch freepie (open script and start it). It is all.

In Ivry set custom for Headtracking, and in Driver 4r for Headtracking use Freetrack.

Return to “FreePIE”