Is Win 10 1909 ok for 3Dvision driver?

Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Is Win 10 1909 ok for 3Dvision driver?

Post by Chtiblue »

I'm witj 1903 but is Win 10 1909 ok for 3Dvision driver?
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Is Win 10 1909 ok for 3Dvision driver?

Post by RAGEdemon »

Coming from 1903 > 1909: Can confirm 3DV works perfectly with schwing's instructions.

Limited trial on:
3DV nVidia test.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Compatibility Mode)

Thanks to all you kind folks for keeping the dream experience alive :)
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Thanks, so 425.31 driver works out of the box too?
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Yup I have it installed 3d vision 425.31 and windows 10 1909 and its works normally. Its just that windows 1909 install windows update nvidia driver 432.00 so you need to disable that.

This will help: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... %3Dtwitter

Here is the .zip windows update show hide:
wushowhide.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Chtiblue wrote:I'm witj 1903 but is Win 10 1909 ok for 3Dvision driver?
Just curious why you have any interest in 1909 at all?

As a general rule, all the new software is nothing but trouble, and being on the bleeding edge means you get to waste a bunch of your time on bugs and foolishness that will be fixed after 6 months. Microsoft's track record for the last 4 ServicePacks has been to completely screw a percentage of the users each time. Why will this one be different?

That's not just hyperbole, Microsoft no longer has a QA department at all, and relies upon early adopters for all their testing. That's why their initial releases can be expected to continue to be terrible.

My rule for updates (not 'upgrades' because nowadays it's not a sure bet to be better):
1) Is there a new feature that you simply must have?
2) Do they fix a known bug that makes you crazy in what you currently have?

If it's not one of those two, it's just a time sink.

Nevertheless- thank you to anyone who takes the arrows in the back on the bleeding edge to see where we stand.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

I'm not switching yet but I just want to know because for Red dead redemption I had to update to 1903 in order to have it working (before Rockstar patch it)
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Fyi, 1909 is not a real creators update; it's small and unlikely to break anything major. I would not recommend updating blindly however - always have a backup.

My personal reasons were that my old installation had become corrupted; variations of DISM and SFC didn't help. - Now I have a fully working system again.

To a lesser extent, I wanted to do something helpful related to the community; as all the awesome folk here seem to do all the hard work.

=============
Some things needed reinstalling; my personal to-do list:

CRU monitor timings
Primocache
Win7DSFilterTweaker
Equalizer APO
Peace
SBZ speaker/headphone
Mouse acceleration registry fixes
Windows Defender disable
nVidia profiles redone

The big things requiring configuration - CAD and Simulation software, and Winamp + plugins/settings, all seem to be working without having to redo anything.

Summary: All in all a pretty good outcome... fingers crossed.
Last edited by RAGEdemon on Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

1909 has been seemingly the same as 1903. No difference in whether stereo works or not and I don't see any new features.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
wrecked
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by wrecked »

Um yeah not so lucky here. I have been using the hacked stereoscopic fix for 1903 and latest drivers until today without any problems. I was playing BL3 a few weeks ago then switched to FNV been playing that and nothing else. I decided to finish BL3 tonight when I booted it up I got the weird effect which happens when 3d vision got broke on 1903 and no fix. The 3d just doesn't kick in right how to word it basically the screen bounced around 2d - 3d on off on off. Thought that was strange considering I hadn't changed anything at all. tried all of my installed games none work. I DDU my driver's reinstalled the latest and the stereoscopic and controller using 3d vision fix manager. same thing. Rolled back one version same thing. I made sure the files in nv_dispi.inf they are still the ones I replaced my original ones with. Doubled checked still on 1903. I had a small update got installed a few nights ago during the night strange coincidence or what. Anyway I haven't been able to get it working since. So just then I thought stuff it I had 1909 already waiting to be installed so I just updated took like a minute so cant be much of an update anyway. So yeah from my point of view something has rebroke the fix from the 2019-10-15_Win-10-1903-Stereo-Fix_WIP_1-2. Also noticed the 3d toggle has been removed from display settings within win10 how nice of them.
If anyone can throw some ideas at me that would be great id be glad to give them a go and send some more feedback.

Cheers.

Update - I just used system restore went back to the 13th and driver 441.12 still installed everything working perfect again. All four games I just booted no problems. So the most recent cumulative update broke it for me.
I will keep an eye on everything now and the following days if it reinstalls any updates excluding 1909 I will test straight away.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Windows 10 in general sucks for us even below 1903. I have come across two games recently which no matter what I do will not start in exclusive fullscreen mode and I am sure in time this will get worse.
EAC compounds the issue because you cannot force it, hell they even started complaining about the official 3dvision files recently. ><

Fire up my version of windows 7 and it all works again...

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”