Xbox Elite 2 Requires 1903 update

Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Xbox Elite 2 Requires 1903 update

Post by Necropants »

Just a heads up in case anyone else falls into this trap. I did not see this mentioned as system requirements anywhere. You cannot configure the controller with the xbox accessories app unless on this update making the paddles kinda useless.

Apparently reWASD are working on support so hopefully that solves the problem.

*Edit*

Resolved with 5.2 version of reWASD
Last edited by Necropants on Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Xbox Elite 2 Requires 1903 update

Post by Shift-E »

Necropants wrote:Just a heads up in case anyone else falls into this trap. I did not see this mentioned as system requirements anywhere. You cannot configure the controller with the xbox accessories app unless on this update making the paddles kinda useless.

Apparently reWASD are working on support so hopefully that solves the problem.
Thanks for posting, good to know ahead of time. I never thought I would buy an elite, but I picked up version 1 when they were on sale recently (once I realized you can replace the sticks when they get worn out). It has been a godsend for RDR2, as I moved the sprint and horse controls to the paddles...so much more comfortable and easier than having to hold down the A button all the time.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Best controller for general gaming ever made imo, just have to be careful because build quality in the first was bad for such a cost. I cannot live without the paddles anymore and the elite they are better designed.

* Edit*

Can not get to work in windows 7 at all. =/

*Edit 2*

Rewasd now has full support, You need to get windows 7 to manually install Xbox elite driver to get it to be recognized there.
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

is it possible to use the paddles as hotkeys in 3Dmigoto? I can't find any Virtual Key codes online for the elite controller's extra paddles. The extra inputs are perfect for custom convergence hotkeys or HUD off/on toggles for AAA titles, since even if I map buttons to the paddles it does not free up those buttons to use as 3DMigoto hotkeys unfortunately.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Well it's not possible to remap them at all on the latest version of windows.
I recommend getting a license for rewasd you can map then to anything including keys

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”