3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes

Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: 3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes

Post by Guig2000 »

Hello, I have an issue with 3D fix manager and the fix for "Shenmue III" and the game package "Shenmue I & II" (two games with the same launcher).

I bought "Shenmue I & II" on steam (it' a simple port of this 2 famous dreamcast games).
As it does not work, I decided to searvh for a fix, found here and to integrate into 3d fix manager.

In fact I can't integrate it without deleting the shenmue III profile because when i try to create the profile, it says that there is ever a profile with this name.
It appear that if i go into the Shenmue III profile (it's a game i don't have), the profile have the Shenmue I & II" name.

Edit: I find out that they share the same "cleanedGameTitle": "shenmueiii" maybe it's the issue.
Maybe, this value should be created by replacing spaces by underscore instead of deleting them (I manually edited the value, it seems to works, the two profiles are here)?

Edit2: I have to use the global switch for geforce hack to make the game work. Is there a way in the profile to auto-enable the hack when launching the game in 3D? I searched with no result.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

You have to set the RenderAPI to DX11 in fix profile. Also don't forget to set the relative install path. Local driver hack works then when hitting Play 3D button.
Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rhialto »

Is there an option to have 3DFM starts when windows starts or I need to use the task scheduler?
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

Hi there, I have a question, but with a bit of a story:

I've change my graphic card, and since, I can't get "Life is Strange 2" to work properly, one eye is messed up. (Monitor and TV).

The game was working fine with the same W7 system, same Steam game and settings, so I've tried several drivers, like 6 ou 7 from 418 to 452, but always the same problem.

So I switch to W10, try there, and exactly the same problem again !

So I lauch 3DFM to my rescue, click play 3D (same game/folder than W7), and then it ask me to "Need to activate 3D Video" or something like that, can't remember exactly, I say OK, and voilà ! It works like a charm now !!!

So my question is: What is this 3DVideo option that I was missing all afternoon ??? Cause 3DFM don't ask me the 3DVideo question in W7, and the game still won't work there...

Also on W10 the game always crashes when I don't use 3DFM in 3DTVPlay... No error with sequential monitor...

(I also updated the wrapper from 1.3.16 to 1.3.16.41 from 3DFM, but don't know if it is revelant.)

Thanks all for the 3DVision resistance ! 3D is life !
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

DugomFirst wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:52 am Hi there, I have a question, but with a bit of a story:

I've change my graphic card, and since, I can't get "Life is Strange 2" to work properly, one eye is messed up. (Monitor and TV).

The game was working fine with the same W7 system, same Steam game and settings, so I've tried several drivers, like 6 ou 7 from 418 to 452, but always the same problem.

So I switch to W10, try there, and exactly the same problem again !

So I lauch 3DFM to my rescue, click play 3D (same game/folder than W7), and then it ask me to "Need to activate 3D Video" or something like that, can't remember exactly, I say OK, and voilà ! It works like a charm now !!!

So my question is: What is this 3DVideo option that I was missing all afternoon ??? Cause 3DFM don't ask me the 3DVideo question in W7, and the game still won't work there...

Also on W10 the game always crashes when I don't use 3DFM in 3DTVPlay... No error with sequential monitor...

(I also updated the wrapper from 1.3.16 to 1.3.16.41 from 3DFM, but don't know if it is revelant.)

Thanks all for the 3DVision resistance ! 3D is life !

With "3D Video" you probably mean the local driver hack? :D

Short background story to understand:
With Geforce drivers beyond 425.31 Nvidia added a check into the driver to disable DX11 3D support when Windows 10 v.1903 or higher is installed. Typically DX11 games would just crash if you try to run them in 3D with such a constellation. Glady Schwing jumped in and fixed the problem by modifying a driver DLL. His procedure was adopted in 3DFM - that's why you see the "3D Video" message - it asks you if you agree to use a modified driver DLL to fix 3D. The driver DLL is dropped into the game folder and loaded from there via 3dmigoto. That's why 3dmigoto is automatically updated as well as older versions did not support to load the driver dll. Also the user has to explicitly agree to the dialog because using modified driver DLLs can get you banned in online games.

The modified driver trick worked from drivers beyond 425.31 until 452.06. After that Nvidia got really pissed seing us still gaming in 3D and removed all DX11 3D path completely. Since then we are screwed and cannot use latest drivers.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Rhialto wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:26 pm Is there an option to have 3DFM starts when windows starts or I need to use the task scheduler?
No option currently available. I'm not sure but I think auto start would crash the application as the working directory is wrong then. I had a false understanding of it in the past when I started developing 3DFM ^^).
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

Pauldusler wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:02 amWith "3D Video" you probably mean the local driver hack? :D
Thanks for the fast respond. I praticaly never use W10 so I've never seen these message.

But still can't get why the game does not work on W7 anymore, since I only changed my card...

Thanks anyway for the hard job you put for us.

I missed so much 3D gaming on DX12 games...
Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rhialto »

Pauldusler wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:02 amAfter that Nvidia got really pissed seing us still gaming in 3D and removed all DX11 3D path completely. Since then we are screwed and cannot use latest drivers.
Do you think it's exactly this? They were aware and really didn't want us to enjoy 3D anymore? If I ever come across a post of one nvidia guy stating this I'll get mad.
Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rhialto »

Pauldusler wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:10 am
Rhialto wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:26 pm Is there an option to have 3DFM starts when windows starts or I need to use the task scheduler?
No option currently available. I'm not sure but I think auto start would crash the application as the working directory is wrong then. I had a false understanding of it in the past when I started developing 3DFM ^^).
Got it to work... added a 10 seconds delay after opening session and added path in 'start in'.
Wish there was a start minimized option. Maybe you can add?

I like to have the 2D/3D icon in notification tray to quickly switch between 2D and 3D.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Rhialto wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:30 pm
Pauldusler wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:10 am
Got it to work... added a 10 seconds delay after opening session and added path in 'start in'.
Wish there was a start minimized option. Maybe you can add?

I like to have the 2D/3D icon in notification tray to quickly switch between 2D and 3D.
Ah nice. However for future projects I shouldn't rely all paths on the working directory xD.

Jepp, should be definitely doable to start the application in minimized / task tray mode. Thx for the suggestion.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

I have a really weird problem with 3DFM, I can't take screenshots anymore ??

They don't appear in the users\name\documents\NVstereoscopic3D.img folder anymore, and if I click open folder in screenshots section in 3DFM, it says "Error: Folder does not exist." afaik we can't change path or anything in 3DFM, so whats going on here ??

A couple a day ago every thing worked fine, and I'm totally lost here....
arodri2021
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by arodri2021 »

Hey all, long time user of 3dfix manager, got a lg 2016 G6p where i play my 4k 3d games in. Yesterday while I went to boot up 3d fix manager, it automatically force closes upon start. This has never happened before. Here is the Error Log text. The stand alone zip version still works for me though, but i would prefer to have the program installed on my computer and have it working. Please let me know if this is something on my end?

2/27/2021 10:46:16 AM:
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 15, position 1. (C:\Users\arodr\AppData\Local\FixManager\3DFixManager.exe_Url_safnqn4dmavp2enucqxovtcuy142wmmd\1.0.0.61\user.config line 15) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 15, position 1.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()
at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(ExceptionAction action)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(XmlUtil xmlUtil)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.RefreshSection(String sectionName)
at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at FixManager.Properties.Settings.get_UseHwAcceleration()
at FixManager.MainWindow..ctor()

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 15, position 1. (C:\Users\arodr\AppData\Local\FixManager\3DFixManager.exe_Url_safnqn4dmavp2enucqxovtcuy142wmmd\1.0.0.61\user.config line 15) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 15, position 1.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
at FixManager.Properties.Settings.get_CompactGuiEnabled()
at FixManager.MainWindow.myWindow_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

arodri2021 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:52 am Hey all, long time user of 3dfix manager, got a lg 2016 G6p where i play my 4k 3d games in. Yesterday while I went to boot up 3d fix manager, it automatically force closes upon start. This has never happened before. Here is the Error Log text. The stand alone zip version still works for me though, but i would prefer to have the program installed on my computer and have it working. Please let me know if this is something on my end?

at FixManager.Properties.Settings.get_UseHwAcceleration()
at FixManager.MainWindow..ctor()

at FixManager.Properties.Settings.get_CompactGuiEnabled()
at FixManager.MainWindow.myWindow_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
Thx for the report.
Please send me your config file to my email address: duselpaul86@gmx.de

You'll find the file in C:\Users\arodr\AppData\Local\FixManager\3DFixManager.exe_Url_safnqn4dmavp2enucqxovtcuy142wmmd\1.0.0.61\user.config
I still don't know how illegal characters find their way into this file - but maybe it helps if I can look into one of those bricked files.

You can simply copy the path into the address field of windows explorer to directly navigate to the file.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

@arodri2021 super great thanks for sending me the user.config!

I didn't expect that the file just abruptly ends - the error message rather sounded like that some illegal characters would be in the file.
Bo3b and me worked on the bug yesterday - we simply put your broken user.config in our directory to provoke the same crash - then we found a way to auto-reset the file if broken. Although we still don't know what causes the bug we can simply cure its symptoms now and make sure 3DFM can be started. The bugfix will be shipped with 3DFM 1.83 (probably this week).
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:35 pm I have a really weird problem with 3DFM, I can't take screenshots anymore ??

They don't appear in the users\name\documents\NVstereoscopic3D.img folder anymore, and if I click open folder in screenshots section in 3DFM, it says "Error: Folder does not exist." afaik we can't change path or anything in 3DFM, so whats going on here ??

A couple a day ago every thing worked fine, and I'm totally lost here....
Thx for the report. I never had that bug - so unfortunately no idea how to solve this.

Here is maybe what you can try:

- Create the folder manually and see if it works again
- Reinstall the 3D Vision driver

Haha although I think the first solution would be too simple and does not work. But if it works I can add a validation in 3DFM which checks if the folder exists and when not auto-create it.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Reinstalling did the trick, so I'm happy again :)

I'm a HUGE Bethesda fan, and all fans uses the script extenders, you can't really mod it without it, and no mods - no fun :)
So it's great you have implemented SKSE in 3DFM's Skyrim link, but why not Fallout 4 / F4SE ?
I hope you'll consider it for the next update - thanks :)
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:50 pm Reinstalling did the trick, so I'm happy again :)

I'm a HUGE Bethesda fan, and all fans uses the script extenders, you can't really mod it without it, and no mods - no fun :)
So it's great you have implemented SKSE in 3DFM's Skyrim link, but why not Fallout 4 / F4SE ?
Thx for the suggestion. Is it skse64_loader.exe for Fallout 4?
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Pauldusler wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:06 am
Blacksmith60 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:50 pm Reinstalling did the trick, so I'm happy again :)

Nope, but close :)
F4SE https://f4se.silverlock.org/
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:25 am
Pauldusler wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:06 am

Nope, but close :)
F4SE https://f4se.silverlock.org/
Thx. I've added the secondary exe to the Fallout 4 profile.
Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rhialto »

Version 1.83 (March 09, 2021):
• Changed: 3D Vision IR emitter driver is installed by the official Nvidia installer now. Formerly it was installed via .inf file and pnputil.exe.

Glad I contributed.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Rhialto wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:18 pm Version 1.83 (March 09, 2021):
• Changed: 3D Vision IR emitter driver is installed by the official Nvidia installer now. Formerly it was installed via .inf file and pnputil.exe.

Glad I contributed.
Jepp, thx for pointing me to this. Still I would have never found the drivers on the Nvidia Website. They are super well hidden.

Btw I've also added the option to start the application minimized in info tray you suggested:
"New: Added option to start the application minimized in info tray."

Cheers!
Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rhialto »

Pauldusler wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:38 am Btw I've also added the option to start the application minimized in info tray you suggested:
"New: Added option to start the application minimized in info tray."
Yes and it works well, I have a task which start the program at windows startup then it is minimized by this option. Thanks!
4everAwake
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 4everAwake »

I'm getting a weird issue with Dying Light. When I install the fix using 3DFM, the Shaderfixes directory is from the newer fix. But the d3dx.ini file is from the older fix.
My rig:

GTX 1070 (driver 452.06), Intel i5-6600k, 16 gigs RAM, Windows 10 (2004)
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

4everAwake wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:26 am I'm getting a weird issue with Dying Light. When I install the fix using 3DFM, the Shaderfixes directory is from the newer fix. But the d3dx.ini file is from the older fix.
Not sure what went wrong here. Did this happen on the update process when 3DFM notified you "There is a new fix available - you wanna install?"
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

@Pauldusler Outstanding work on the updated version as usual. Thank you!
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH)/W11, 11700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, Samsung G9, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector, WMR Odyssey+
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

4everAwake wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:26 am I'm getting a weird issue with Dying Light. When I install the fix using 3DFM, the Shaderfixes directory is from the newer fix. But the d3dx.ini file is from the older fix.
so when you extract the zip manually, the ini file was updated with the latest fix?
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
4everAwake
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 4everAwake »

Installing the updated Dying Light fix manually from the Helixmod site works ok.
I cleared any fixes completely from the game directory and installed the fix using 3DFM (version 1.83, profiles version 2.47). The fix installed by 3DFM has the d3dx.ini from the old fix. The rest of the files seem to be from the newer fix. I deleted any custom profiles I had and uninstalled and re-installed 3DFM, but no luck. I apologize if you know this already, but you can verify this without having the game installed. Make a directory called "Dying Light" and inside the directory, make a file called "DyingLightGame.exe". Then have 3DFM search for the game.
The old d3dx.ini has " DYING LIGHT by DHR ****** 3Dmigoto 1.2.31" at the top.

BTW, thank you Pauldusler and everyone who has contributed to 3DFM. I use this program on a regular basis.
My rig:

GTX 1070 (driver 452.06), Intel i5-6600k, 16 gigs RAM, Windows 10 (2004)
ThomasJ
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ThomasJ »

Dear colleagues on M2BSeen,
As a newbee to 3D video, I have recently acquired a pair of Nvidia 3D glasses and the complete kit to (hopefully) ensure my PC will provide a 3D signal from 3D Bluray discs (played via Power DVD 17) to the 144 kHz monitor which I intend to purchase soon. But as a newbee, I would be very pleased to receive your recommendations as to which Nvidia video graphics card I should buy?
I look forward to your replies, thank you.
With kind regards,
ThomasJ.
P.S. I am running the latest version of Windows 10 and the 27 monitor I have in mind, was listed on this forum in 2019 and it is the ACER KG271P.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

@ThomasJ
Start a new thread for your question, this thread is entirely about something different
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

@ThomasJ glad to have you join the ranks, but yeah, kindly create a new thread and we'll help u there.

For starters, you might want to take a look at the last few pages of this thread viewtopic.php?f=181&t=25207
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

4everAwake wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:05 am Installing the updated Dying Light fix manually from the Helixmod site works ok.
I cleared any fixes completely from the game directory and installed the fix using 3DFM (version 1.83, profiles version 2.47). The fix installed by 3DFM has the d3dx.ini from the old fix. The rest of the files seem to be from the newer fix. I deleted any custom profiles I had and uninstalled and re-installed 3DFM, but no luck. I apologize if you know this already, but you can verify this without having the game installed. Make a directory called "Dying Light" and inside the directory, make a file called "DyingLightGame.exe". Then have 3DFM search for the game.
The old d3dx.ini has " DYING LIGHT by DHR ****** 3Dmigoto 1.2.31" at the top.

BTW, thank you Pauldusler and everyone who has contributed to 3DFM. I use this program on a regular basis.
Jepp now I see what is happening! You are right, d3dx.ini gets overwritten. In the past I had created a modified version of d3dx.ini, uploaded it and provided it as a second download link in the fix profile which would overwrite the original d3dx.ini The reason for this was that the original d3dx.ini had a syntax error. DHR had forgotten to close a section via "]" which caused a parse error in 3DFM.

Thanks for reporting this! The d3dx.ini override is not required any more of course. I'll removed the second download link. If you want to remove the download link manually please hit the "Edit" button at the bottem left. Then scroll down a bit until you see "2. URL to 3D Fix". Remove the URL there and hit save.

Edit: I'll install Dying Light later today and recheck in 3DFM. I'm curious how good the game looks now.
Haha cool that you found out how to fake game installations. That's the way I often test game detection if games have a too large download size :D.
gehrkes910
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gehrkes910 »

Hello Pauldusler, hello all.

Sorry for asking: How do you watch 3D-movies? Since I bought my 3D Vison Kit years ago I'm using the Nvidia 3D Vision Video Player provided (v2.5). I installed this with the 3D Fix Manager, not even sure if this program is DX9 or OpenGL. But with driver version 452.xx it works perfect. Now with the help of Lostis 3D Driver changer I installed latest Nvidia driver (461.40) incl. 3D vision driver and I was hoping that the Nvidia 3D Vision Video Player is still working. Starting from inside or outside the 3D Fix Manager my transmitter is not answering anymore. BUT: Installing Peter Wimmers Stereoscopic Player and choosing Nvidia 3D vision as "viewing method" 3D is back for movies, even with driver 461.40.

Isn't the Nvidia 3D Vision Video Player a stripped version the Stereoscopic Player? Why is one working but the other one not?
The Stereoscopic Player only shows a 3D picture in full screen, 3D Vision Video Player used to show 3D even in Windows mode - is that a settings problem?
With the Stereoscopic Player, every second full-screen film is squeezed horizontally, i.e. there are large black bars on the right and left, the actual film only takes up a third in the middle. I have not found a setting to actually display as full screen. Except for the exotic solution of changing the stereo format layout from "Side by Side" to "SENSIO Hi Fi 3D" for all "squeezed" films (?!)
In contrast to the 3D Vision Video Player in fullscreen mode, the Stereoscopic Player shows no longer a toolbar for stop, forward etc. It simply does not appear, even with the customization tool.

I'm on Current Windows10 version, Asus 120Hz monitor, Geforce GTX 1650.

Thank you for reading, any help would be appreciated. And sorry again for maybe choosing the wrong forum.

Stefan
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Hi Stefan,

I'm using Cyberlink PowerDVD 18 (Ultimate Edition). Still works with latest GeForce drivers but 3D needs fullscreen mode there as well. No issues there with aspect ratio - in my opinion that's the most comfortable software for 3D movies. However worth noting that PowerDVD 19 and 20 don't have stereo 3D support any more and generally you need the most expensive version for 3D (Ultimate, Ultra... whatever they call it).

Concerning Stereoscopic Player with Nvidia license I guess it's just a settings issue. I guess the full license uses exlusive fullscreen mode while the Nvidia license is just using borderless fullscreen which doesn't work any more.
Concerning your squeezed video issue: I just took a quick look and for me setting aspect ratio from "Default" to "16:9" fixed it.

Cheers,
Markus
gehrkes910
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gehrkes910 »

Thanks for helping me with this one. PowerDVD 18 was the perfect tip.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

@4everawake: I've released an update for the Dying Light profile. Btw awesome fix! Thank you very much. Everything looks just perfect! Super immersive on both projector and my Oculus Rift. I should really start a new playthrough :P.
RS422
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by RS422 »

Dragon Age Inquisition - Cinematic mode in wrong 3D, background part not in back, it is on front. Game mode is OK.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

RS422 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:22 am Dragon Age Inquisition - Cinematic mode in wrong 3D, background part not in back, it is on front. Game mode is OK.
What do you mean with Cinematic mode? Cutscenes? I just installed the game and don't see any issues on the cutscenes.
RS422
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by RS422 »

Yes, cutscenes. And this error warning appears when starting game - attached photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

RS422 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:41 am Yes, cutscenes. And this error warning appears when starting game - attached photo.
I get only 1 error: "Unknown section: (Override Settings)"... because it's no longer used in current 3dmigoto versions. Hotkeys aren't defined in that section any more. Seems like I forgot to clean this up when updating the 3D fix to latest 3dmigoto. However it's minor as 3dmigoto just ignores the line then.

I'd suggest you reinstall the 3D fix via 3DFM and when you get asked whether to restore backuped hotkeys choose "no".

Do you see broken 3D on the very first cutscene when beginning a new game? (That's the only one I tested)
RS422
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by RS422 »

Uninstall and reinstall fix. Than 3DFM write "3D Migoto in this fix have old version and need update". When I choose "Update', 3DFM write "Error. Cant update 3D Migoto". Windows 10 Pro/64, RTX 2080Ti, 3DVision via your modified EDID for Optoma, Optoma pj.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”