3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes

Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: 3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes

Post by Pauldusler »

RS422 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:58 am Uninstall and reinstall fix. Than 3DFM write "3D Migoto in this fix have old version and need update". When I choose "Update', 3DFM write "Error. Cant update 3D Migoto". Windows 10 Pro/64, RTX 2080Ti, 3DVision via your modified EDID for Optoma, Optoma pj.
Please try again and directly after the error occurs again please send me "error_log.txt" to duselpaul86@gmx.de or simply post the content from the file here.
RS422
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by RS422 »

try again. Screens and file.

25.03.2021 23:47:51:
System.NullReferenceException: Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
в FixManager.Wrapper.Helix.modifyIniKey(String section, String key, String value, Boolean keepKey) в C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\Wrapper\Helix.cs:строка 1024
в FixManager.Wrapper.Migoto.readGuiGeneralIni(FixProfile fixProfile) в C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\Wrapper\Migoto.cs:строка 2053
в FixManager.Wrapper.Migoto.saveChanges(FixProfile fixProfile, Boolean showDialog) в C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\Wrapper\Migoto.cs:строка 2895
в FixManager.Helpers.VisionHelper.updateInstalledMigotoFiles(FixProfile fixProfile, Boolean showWarningMessage) в C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\Helpers\VisionHelper.cs:строка 778
в FixManager.Helpers.VisionHelper.<installFix>d__134.MoveNext() в C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\Helpers\VisionHelper.cs:строка 5214

25.03.2021 23:54:21:
System.NullReferenceException: Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
в FixManager.Wrapper.Helix.modifyIniKey(String section, String key, String value, Boolean keepKey) в C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\Wrapper\Helix.cs:строка 1024
в FixManager.Wrapper.Migoto.readGuiGeneralIni(FixProfile fixProfile) в C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\Wrapper\Migoto.cs:строка 2053
в FixManager.Wrapper.Migoto.saveChanges(FixProfile fixProfile, Boolean showDialog) в C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\Wrapper\Migoto.cs:строка 2895
в FixManager.Helpers.VisionHelper.updateInstalledMigotoFiles(FixProfile fixProfile, Boolean showWarningMessage) в C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\Helpers\VisionHelper.cs:строка 778
в FixManager.MainWindow.TryApplyDriverHackOnGameLaunch(FixProfile fixProfile) в C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\MainWindow.xaml.cs:строка 11032
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

RS422 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:52 pm try again. Screens and file.

25.03.2021 23:47:51:
в FixManager.Helpers.VisionHelper.<installFix>d__134.MoveNext() в C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\Helpers\VisionHelper.cs:строка 5214

25.03.2021 23:54:21:
в FixManager.MainWindow.TryApplyDriverHackOnGameLaunch(FixProfile fixProfile) в C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\MainWindow.xaml.cs:строка 11032
Sorry I can't reproduce the bug. For me 3D fix installation + updating works. The log file seems to tell us that the d3dx.ini wasn't parsed at all because a NullReference is thrown.
What does happen when you don't update the 3D fix, deny to install the local driver hack and after that click on the "3D fix" tab? Actually on "Manage hotkeys" section you should see the "Z" hotkey - if the file isn't parsed you should either see an error or no hotkeys at all..

Do other DirectX 11 3D fixes work for you with 3DFM? Or do they all fail on update?
RS422
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by RS422 »

All other DirectX 11 games working good, DA2 for example. And in DAI gaming is OK, glitches in cutscenes only.
Maybe problem in GeForce Experience? It is active when I gaming.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

RS422 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:32 am All other DirectX 11 games working good, DA2 for example. And in DAI gaming is OK, glitches in cutscenes only.
Maybe problem in GeForce Experience? It is active when I gaming.
Ok glad to hear that all other 3D fix installations done via 3DFM work great on your machine. Because for all DX 11 games the same common 3DFM code is executed - so it's not a general issue - probably some weirdness on your machine. You didn't anser if the d3dx.ini file can be parsed via 3DFM with the non-updated 3D fix- you didn't click on the "3D Fix profile" tab to test this or you forgot to answer. I'll skip the issue if I don't get an answer to this. My best guess is that you have a very aggressive free antivirus software running.
AwesomeO
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by AwesomeO »

Hey, just a quick feedback:
Yesterday a new windows update was rolled out to me and after the update, i had the latest nVidia drivers. d'oh...
When trying to install driver 452.06 via 3D Fix Manager i was greeted with the following error message from nVidia "Unable to run NVIDIA Install because the configuration file is missing."
nvidia_error.png
downloading the 452.06 driver manually and selecting "New installation", fixed that for me and I was good to go.
If it is somehow possible for 3DFixManager to detect this scenario, it would be neat to provide a hint for this workaround.

Thanks for this awesome tool and for supporting this community in this invaluable way!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

AwesomeO wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:45 pm Hey, just a quick feedback:
Yesterday a new windows update was rolled out to me and after the update, i had the latest nVidia drivers. d'oh...
When trying to install driver 452.06 via 3D Fix Manager i was greeted with the following error message from nVidia "Unable to run NVIDIA Install because the configuration file is missing."
nvidia_error.png
downloading the 452.06 driver manually and selecting "New installation", fixed that for me and I was good to go.
If it is somehow possible for 3DFixManager to detect this scenario, it would be neat to provide a hint for this workaround.

Thanks for this awesome tool and for supporting this community in this invaluable way!
I guess the error came before you were able to choose "New installation"?

Btw the installer is kept after download - you find it in .\Drivers\GeforceDriverDownload\452.06-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe. So you don't need to manually download it.
It's the original installer by Nvidia - no changes done to it. The only thing 3DFM does is to extract the file via 7zip. Worked smoothly so far here. No clue what goes wrong - maybe an aggressive antivirus software?
AwesomeO
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by AwesomeO »

Yes the error came before i started the installer manually. It came during the update flow within 3DFixManager.
I guess this is somehow related to how windows updated the driver within its own update process... Did not happen to me with previous windows updates...
No aggressive antivirus in action.
I wouldn't care too much about this, just pointed it out if that rings a bell to you and there may be an easy way to fix it in some way.

Good to know about the download location though :)
RadaiRosseb
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by RadaiRosseb »

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get 3D Fix Manager working on my HP laptop, but it only detects the integrated Intel graphics card and not the dedicated Nvidia 940m gpu.

I have a passive Panasonic 3D TV which I connected to my laptop with an HDMI cable, but whenever I click 'Play 3D', it just starts playing the games in 2D.

I assume that the integrated Intel gpu causes the problem, but I don't know how to fix it. I even disabled it in the Device Manager but then the 3D Fix Manager detects the Microsoft Basic Display Driver and not the Nvidia gpu.

Is there a fix for this issue?
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

RadaiRosseb wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:55 pm Hi guys,

I'm trying to get 3D Fix Manager working on my HP laptop, but it only detects the integrated Intel graphics card and not the dedicated Nvidia 940m gpu.

I have a passive Panasonic 3D TV which I connected to my laptop with an HDMI cable, but whenever I click 'Play 3D', it just starts playing the games in 2D.

I assume that the integrated Intel gpu causes the problem, but I don't know how to fix it. I even disabled it in the Device Manager but then the 3D Fix Manager detects the Microsoft Basic Display Driver and not the Nvidia gpu.

Is there a fix for this issue?
Not sure what goes wrong here - as I don't have a laptop I'm not able to test that case. When you launch a game - does it use your Nvidia GPU then? (probably easily noticable by looking if you have a good or bad framerate).
In Nvidia Control Panel you should be able to choose the preferred graphics processor - google search states this at least :->.

Generally as you are running driver 425.31 3D should work without getting too mouch trouble - I'd start with the Nvidia 3D test pattern and see if this works. Then I'd continue with Trine 2 which has great official 3D support.
As you are running a TV you are limited to use Nvidia's 3DTV Play mode. Please note that you have to set the game to 1280x720@60hz or 1920x1080@24 Hz- which are the only supported resolutions for 3D on the TV.
narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by narhicfd »

Pauldusler, will you be updating 3D fix manager with the latest Unity Fix update that was just released by 4everAwake in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=25761
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

narhicfd wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:40 am Pauldusler, will you be updating 3D fix manager with the latest Unity Fix update that was just released by 4everAwake in this post:

Uh, that's fantastic. Thanks for pointing me to this. Yes, will be definitely supported.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Pauldusler wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:22 pm
narhicfd wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:40 am Pauldusler, will you be updating 3D fix manager with the latest Unity Fix update that was just released by 4everAwake in this post:

Uh, that's fantastic. Thanks for pointing me to this. Yes, will be definitely supported.
Thanks man! 3Dfix manager makes 3D vision a whole lot easier to use and am very great full for your work!
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Pauldusler, I have a few newer Unity game profiles on 3Dfix man that the 3D is broken due to the fact that the game is to new and not fixed with the CURENT/OLD Unity fix. When you update 3Dfix manager with the latest Unity fix, will I need to delete the profiles for those games and remake them once you update 3Dfix with newest unity fix or will it automatically override the old unity fix and fix those broken games?
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

narhicfd wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:08 pm Pauldusler, I have a few newer Unity game profiles on 3Dfix man that the 3D is broken due to the fact that the game is to new and not fixed with the CURENT/OLD Unity fix. When you update 3Dfix manager with the latest Unity fix, will I need to delete the profiles for those games and remake them once you update 3Dfix with newest unity fix or will it automatically override the old unity fix and fix those broken games?
No, you don't have to delete them. But you have to edit them and reselect the "Unity" Engine in the profile. Then the new blog text and 3dfix download link will be added to the profile assuming 4everawake will publish the universal fix on the blog. Or maybe I'll automate the step - not sure yet.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Okay, thanks.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Pauldusler, can I, the home user, manually incorporate the newest Unity fix version in to 3Dfix manager myself?? If so, how?
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Pauldusler, have been you been able to work on and have any plans on soon releasing a 3Dfix manager update with the newest Unity Fix yet?? Not rushing, your life could be very busy but just wanted a check in on it. Thanks again man.
suicicoo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by suicicoo »

Hello there, maybe somebody can help me - i've got a samsung 32" tv, bought for 3d playing.
3Dfixmanager installed, downgraded nvidia-driver, applied patches to the few games it finds... but ingame 3d is not working...
when i click one of the preview-pictures in the 3dfix manager, the nvidia-pictureviewer opens and the tv turns to 3d-mode
but starting one of the games from 3dfix-manager doesnt set the tv to "3d-mode"
the tv has active glasses
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

oh wow, im a person who doesn't realized all that goes into it. Just wanted to know it was still on your radar. I actually tried installing it manually, from the main post, for a game via using the fix manager install fix url but not sure if I did it right. IF I did, then that made it a whole lot easier. I have to make a video to show if what I did was correctly. Thanks for the work on it and look forward to making use of it. ALso, how do I let you know of a working game profile I made of a game so it can be added to 3D fix Manager. Have couple games that I think others would like to play.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

suicicoo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:26 am Hello there, maybe somebody can help me - i've got a samsung 32" tv, bought for 3d playing.
3Dfixmanager installed, downgraded nvidia-driver, applied patches to the few games it finds... but ingame 3d is not working...
when i click one of the preview-pictures in the 3dfix manager, the nvidia-pictureviewer opens and the tv turns to 3d-mode
but starting one of the games from 3dfix-manager doesnt set the tv to "3d-mode"
the tv has active glasses
okay, first of all what game is it?? Second, Have you created a game profile and installed fixes? second, are you turning 3D switch to ON position up top right?? Is resolution of your game set properly of 1280 x 720??
seamusssbuckridge
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by seamusssbuckridge »

Pauldusler wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:39 pm
t0mcpanc0ast wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:40 pm I agree with the opinion above that the antivirus software you may use overloads your system and behaves aggressively. It's better to buy full-licensed antivirus and forget about any issues. If you look at how much is Norton antivirus per year https://antivirus-review.com/norton-antivirus-review you will realize that it is not too expensive but your system will be faster and will better perform any actions.
Yeah, although I was wrong with Avast Antivir. I installed it for testing and it made 0 issues any more. But generally I'd recommend just using Windows Defender if someone is not willing to spend any money for AntiVirus software. Because freeware is not the right way to go. It causes more trouble than it solves because it's generally super aggressive and detection is false positive very often.
Windows defender is good but the problem is that I can't use it on my phone as it is only for Windows and it can't help with email spy apps https://realspyapps.com/email-spy/. But other commercial antivirus software especially freeware can't also do this. So I think that all antivirus software is more harmful than useful because they can't solve real-life problems and really overload the system and block such tools as 3D Vision Fixes but can't detect simple spying tools and apps.
suicicoo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by suicicoo »

narhicfd wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:48 pm okay, first of all what game is it?? Second, Have you created a game profile and installed fixes? second, are you turning 3D switch to ON position up top right?? Is resolution of your game set properly of 1280 x 720??
it was all of them - thanks for the info about resolution, that did the trick.

Could you maybe help me with setting up WOWclassic?
The game was found automatically, installed fix, 3d doesnt start.
i've set up the desktop to 720p and the resolution in wow is the same.
directx doesn't have an effect (tried 11 & 11 legacy)
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

suicicoo wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:10 pm
narhicfd wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:48 pm okay, first of all what game is it?? Second, Have you created a game profile and installed fixes? second, are you turning 3D switch to ON position up top right?? Is resolution of your game set properly of 1280 x 720??
it was all of them - thanks for the info about resolution, that did the trick.

Could you maybe help me with setting up WOWclassic?
The game was found automatically, installed fix, 3d doesnt start.
i've set up the desktop to 720p and the resolution in wow is the same.
directx doesn't have an effect (tried 11 & 11 legacy)
I know of the game but have no familiarity with it. First of all though, What direct X does that game use??? That game may run in Direct x9 and if you are trying to set it up on direct x11 that could be the issue.
suicicoo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by suicicoo »

narhicfd wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:16 pm I know of the game but have no familiarity with it. First of all though, What direct X does that game use??? That game may run in Direct x9 and if you are trying to set it up on direct x11 that could be the issue.
game uses only directx11 & 12 (and a "directx11 legacy mode)
the fix is set to 3dmigoto and this is on the latest version 1.3.16.41
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

suicicoo wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:08 am
narhicfd wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:16 pm I know of the game but have no familiarity with it. First of all though, What direct X does that game use??? That game may run in Direct x9 and if you are trying to set it up on direct x11 that could be the issue.
game uses only directx11 & 12 (and a "directx11 legacy mode)
the fix is set to 3dmigoto and this is on the latest version 1.3.16.41
Have you tried compatibility mode as well? also, Make a seperate topic post, on this forum, about your game issue. Others on here may also play the game and have it working in 3D. They could explain some things you might need to do to make it work in 3D
budda
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by budda »

Hi,

This is possibly an off-topic question.

Is there a version of 3D Fix Manager for Quadro cards.

Quadro cards are also losing driver support for 3D vision - https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers ... life---faq

There are many workstations in professional organisations and home that could benefit from 3D vision driver support.

I acquired a cheap Quadro P1000 which could use 3D fix manager too.

Thanks.
tadpole
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tadpole »

Possible (small) bug in the latest 3dfm profiles. The relative path for Days Gone in the fix is including the base folder. Changing it from "Days Gone\Bend Game..." to "Bend Game...", seems to be needed, at least on my system, for 3DFM to find the game.
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

For PositronX it won't detect I have it installed. Is there a way to apply the driver hack w/o 3D Fix Manager for this title? I've spent a long time... I cannot figure out how to get 3D Fix Manager to detect that I have this game installed. I'm pointing to the installed game data in all the fields but when I hit apply it says profile already exists (but not showing that I have it installed). Anyway to just apply the driver hack for this title w/o having to start it through 3DFixM?
Thanks
tadpole
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tadpole »

greg02 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:36 pm For PositronX it won't detect I have it installed. Is there a way to apply the driver hack w/o 3D Fix Manager for this title? I've spent a long time... I cannot figure out how to get 3D Fix Manager to detect that I have this game installed. I'm pointing to the installed game data in all the fields but when I hit apply it says profile already exists (but not showing that I have it installed). Anyway to just apply the driver hack for this title w/o having to start it through 3DFixM?
Thanks
In 3DFM, with PositronX as the selected game, if you click "Edit" under the game list on the left, in the table that appears on the right the contents of "Install Folder Name:" and "Game Launcher Exe:" are the wrong way round. Swapping these round and clicking "Save Changes" should fix it (although I don't have the game so you'll have to test this yourself).
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

tadpole wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:19 pm
greg02 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:36 pm For PositronX it won't detect I have it installed. Is there a way to apply the driver hack w/o 3D Fix Manager for this title? I've spent a long time... I cannot figure out how to get 3D Fix Manager to detect that I have this game installed. I'm pointing to the installed game data in all the fields but when I hit apply it says profile already exists (but not showing that I have it installed). Anyway to just apply the driver hack for this title w/o having to start it through 3DFixM?
Thanks
In 3DFM, with PositronX as the selected game, if you click "Edit" under the game list on the left, in the table that appears on the right the contents of "Install Folder Name:" and "Game Launcher Exe:" are the wrong way round. Swapping these round and clicking "Save Changes" should fix it (although I don't have the game so you'll have to test this yourself).
Great, thanks much Ill keep that in mind for future titles I have this issue with. By the way for anyone having a problem with PositronX, you actually don't need to start the game through 3D FIX Manager. I assumed it was crashing due to the fact that I was trying to start w/o 3DFixManager (and the driver hack), but it turned out it was an issue with the game not related to 3D. This title started and worked great just with Losti's fix for it.

I wonder if there can be a feature to turn on the driver hack for any game that even starts without using 3D Fix Manager, as that might solve similar issues in the future with installed titles that are not detected.
Mitbekommer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mitbekommer »

This application wants admin rights and is not open source. I find this fishy and would appreciate details on what it does, ie open source.
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

Not sure what changed but now it seems to be detecting a title when you point to the folder and have it redetect installed games.
MiracleMatter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MiracleMatter »

Hi, I'd really like if the "fix" for DXX-Rebirth would actually be fixed/updated: The fix doesn't work at all for any 0.6.xxx version (any version after 2013) and iirc there are many features and fixes much needed in the newer versions but it doesn't work at all in 3D (it just stays 2D). Can anyone please help me ? I posted about it over two years ago on the page of the 3dfix itself but never got any feedback.

I'm assuming since there's already a fix for an old version that it could be pretty easy to update the 3D fix ?

Thanks in advance.

Update: this is already in the process of being fixed...
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Mitbekommer wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:13 pm This application wants admin rights and is not open source. I find this fishy and would appreciate details on what it does, ie open source.
Admin rights are required for installing 3D fixes into protected locations like C:\Program Files(x86). It's not possible to elevate a process when it is already running - so admin rights have to be granted before start. Currently I'm working on a brand new version of 3DFM / HelixVision - it's a complete re-development with a more user friendly GUI, very fast game detection and a very easy way to create own profiles. It does not require elevated admin rights on app start any more - only whenever needed by starting an elevated helper app which does the installation jobs then. Still unclear if I add all the 3D Vision support back. I've only added some parts of it yet. Main focus is SuperDepth3D + VR currently. Probably depends on Windows 11 whether it still supports the 3D Vision driver.
Boblenon
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Boblenon »

tadpole wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:08 pm Possible (small) bug in the latest 3dfm profiles. The relative path for Days Gone in the fix is including the base folder. Changing it from "Days Gone\Bend Game..." to "Bend Game...", seems to be needed, at least on my system, for 3DFM to find the game.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the tips. It works now for me ;)
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

I've got a new PC install and went from Win 8.1 to Win 10 (both Pro 64-bit). Other system specs are the same (still using RTX 2080 Ti). I have some questions because I forgot how I did some procedures on my previous system.

1. I used DDU in safe mode to fully uninstall GPU drivers. I then booted to Windows and opened 3D Fix Manager to let it auto-download drivers but it doesn't detect any GPU and no option to download. However, if I already have GPU drivers installed then 3DFM will successfully detect drivers and offer to install the correct driver. How can I get 3DFM to install drivers from a fully clean install with no previous drivers installed? Is it possible?

2. If question #1 (above) is not possible, which driver version is recommended to install before using 3DFM? 425.xx? 452.06? The newest ones (currently v471.68)? I understand anything after 452.06 won't work for DX11 games, however, is it still recommended to install the most current drivers (currently v471.68) as a "base" before 3DFM applies it's 452.06 install?

3. I read that it's always highly recommended to launch games using 3DFM because it changes some DLLs to make the games run properly and then changes them back when the game is shut down (or you can apply some sort of global fix in advanced options but it's not recommended). With my previous system (Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit), I only used 3DFM to apply helix mods / 3D fixes and I always had 3DFM completely shut-down before playing games and I NEVER had any problems with games including DX11 games like Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 1. So can someone explain this better and why everything worked for me even though I never applied the "global fix" and never launched games from 3DFM (including Steam games)?
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

spin1 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:00 am 1. I used DDU in safe mode to fully uninstall GPU drivers. I then booted to Windows and opened 3D Fix Manager to let it auto-download drivers but it doesn't detect any GPU and no option to download. However, if I already have GPU drivers installed then 3DFM will successfully detect drivers and offer to install the correct driver. How can I get 3DFM to install drivers from a fully clean install with no previous drivers installed? Is it possible?
I haven't checked this use case for a long time. In the past it worked - I'll retest it and see what goes wrong. In the meantime you can simply download drivers 452.06 from here: https://de.download.nvidia.com/Windows/ ... l-whql.exe
Run the installer on your clean driver-less Windows and after completing run 3DFM and install the 3D Vision driver.
spin1 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:00 am 2. If question #1 (above) is not possible, which driver version is recommended to install before using 3DFM? 425.xx? 452.06? The newest ones (currently v471.68)? I understand anything after 452.06 won't work for DX11 games, however, is it still recommended to install the most current drivers (currently v471.68) as a "base" before 3DFM applies it's 452.06 install?
Actually it doesn't matter. You can directly install 452.06.
spin1 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:00 am 3. I read that it's always highly recommended to launch games using 3DFM because it changes some DLLs to make the games run properly and then changes them back when the game is shut down (or you can apply some sort of global fix in advanced options but it's not recommended). With my previous system (Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit), I only used 3DFM to apply helix mods / 3D fixes and I always had 3DFM completely shut-down before playing games and I NEVER had any problems with games including DX11 games like Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 1. So can someone explain this better and why everything worked for me even though I never applied the "global fix" and never launched games from 3DFM (including Steam games)?
The reason actually is stated in the text which pops up when starting 3DFM. Any Windows version before Win 10 1903 does not require the local or global driver hack. This means also Win 7, 8 and 8.1 don't require the driver hack. The driver hack is required for Win 10 1903, 1909, ... up to the latest Windows 10 version.
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

I had to reinstall Nvidia drivers 452.06 due to some issue not related to 3D Vision. I used DDU in Safe Mode (as always). I was able to successfully go through the full 3D Setup from 3D Fix Manager except the part where it does the setup from the Nvidia section the "Setup Wizard". It keeps saying the 3D Vision Controller Driver is not installed.

The strange thing is, the first time I ever installed 452.06 on Win 10 (Pro 64-bit) a couple days ago, the Setup Wizard worked perfectly. I got all the way to the end (medical image - white and black pixels) and finished it and then successfully got the demo pics (Guitar Hero, Tomb Raider, etc.). It just doesn't do that anymore....
Last edited by spin1 on Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laast
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by laast »

Hi,

I've got horrible glasses flickering/desync in some games (Mass effect 2/3 Dx9 versions, TR Anniversary,...) making them unplayable, but for some reason everything is perfect in other ones (currently playing SWTOR in perfect 3D). Honestly I'm a bit lost when it comes to explain why this happens.

I'm only using 3D vision (with 3D fix Manager) with DX9 games since I'm using a RTX 3080 (on an ASUS VG248QE + 3D vision Emitter).

Is it a known problem? is there a solution/explanation?

Thanks.

Edit: plugging the emitter to another USB port seems to solve the problem... :roll:
Last edited by laast on Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”