3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes

Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes

Post by Pauldusler »

Image https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iehh_bAZ3UM

Image Image

Hi,

I like to share an application with you I’ve been working on for a while. It’s called 3D Fix Manager and the reason I developed it is that I wanted to have a more comfortable way for installing 3D Vision Fixes and a user-friendly approach for editing hotkeys in order to quickly change 3D related settings like 3D depth and convergence while gaming.

So which features does 3D Fix Manager provide?
  • Clear GUI with multi-language support (Englisch, French, German, Portuguese)
  • Detection of installed 3D Vision games (Steam, Uplay, Origin, GOG and many more supported)
  • Download, install and uninstall 3D Vision fixes with only 1 click
  • Installed 3D fixes are automatically kept up to date
  • Simple configuration of 3D fixes. Adjust 3D hotkeys for changing 3D depth and convergence and much more. Configs are automatically backuped and restored when reinstalling 3D fixes.
  • Launch games directly with 3D Fix Manager either in 2[/size]D or stereo 3D mode. For 2D mode 3D fixes are automatically disabled as not needed then.
  • Graphics settings of games are automatically optimized for playing in stereo 3D
  • Nvidia driver profiles are automatically installed and optimized for stereo 3D
  • Options for individually editing the global Nvidia driver profile for both 2D and stereo 3D mode
  • Up to 3 display profiles provided - optimize settings for your display devices and load them easily by selecting the respective profile
  • No need to use Nvidia Control Panel any more - all stereo 3D related settings are directly integrated into 3D Fix Manager. Additionally all settings can be backuped and restored.
  • Simple activation of Compatibility Mode (also known as fake / depth buffer 3D) for any DirectX 11 game
  • Highly customizable - fine tune a lot of settings for each game profile. Easily create new profiles for games not supported by 3D Fix Manager yet.
  • Performance for stereo 3D automatically improved by using RivaTuner Statistics Server
  • Automatic updates for game profiles including new 3D fixes
  • Automatic updates for the application itself adding new features and bugfixes
Currently more than 700 3D fixes from helixmod.blogspot.com are supported by 3D Fix Manager. This includes fixes using Helix Mod (DirectX 9), 3dmigoto (DirectX 11) and OpenGL 3D Vision Wrapper.

Donation:
  • If you want to support this project you can donate to this PayPal account: duselpaul86@gmx.de

Download:
  • Choose between installer or portable zip version:
  • Download: Installer Version 1.82
  • Download: Portable Zip Version 1.82
  • Alternatively you can visit my Download Page
  • Optional: Download RivaTuner Statistics Server for accessing all features of 3D Fix Manager. RTSS eliminates micro stuttering, reduces input lag and improves frametimes for stereo 3D mode.

Instructions:
  • Installer version: Start the setup wizard and simply click on continue. Adjust install directory to your liking. A desktop shortcut and entry in start menu folder are created by the setup wizard.
  • Portable zip version: Extract the downloaded file archive. Neither start menu entries nor a desktop shortcut are created by using the zip version.
  • Start the application with "3DFixManager.exe" or use the desktop shortcut created by the installer.

Requirements:
  • Windows 7 / 8 / 10
  • .NET Framework 4.6 or higher
  • Nvidia graphics card
  • 3D display compatible to 3D Vision, 3DTV Play or Optimized for Geforce
  • Note: If you have a Nvidia graphics card but not a 3D display device you can still fully use this application with anaglyph mode (3D Vision Discover). You need anaglyph red / blue glasses for this (e.g. available on Amazon for not more than 5$).
  • If your card is AMD this application serves as a simple game launcher only (all Nvidia related settings locked then)

Known Issues:
  • When double clicking on "3DFixManager.exe" and nothing happens it 's very likely that your AntiVirus software is blocking the application from being started. Easiest fix is to copy the application from protected places like C:\Program Files (x86) to other places like D:\3D Fix Manager. You can also try to add the folder of the application to the whitelist of your AntiVirus software but this does not always fix the issue.
  • Detection of games might fail if no info about the game is available in Windows registry. When this happens 3D Fix Manager tries to find the game via search paths but this might fail as well when no according search paths have been added to the application. In this case please make sure that all paths to your game libraries are listed in the search paths option (you find this in "Settings" tab -> "Application Setting" tab -> "Detecting installed Games".
  • If a game is still not listed you can force detection by setting up a custom install path for the individual fix profile (you do this by double clicking on the game in the list and navigating to "Custom Root / Game Path")

Manual:
  • A detailed manual can be found here: http://fixmanager.rentus.de. Please have a look at the section "Problems and Solutions" if you experience any issues

GitHub:
  • The application is not available in your language yet? Please feel free to translate this language file on GitHub and your language will be added to the application with the next update

Notes:
  • Please help me to improve this application by reporting bugs, wrong / outdated fix profiles or if you have any suggestions. Thank you.
  • I tested the application a lot and I think it’s in a good state. However I take no responsibility if any damage should occur on your machine by using this application. Use at your own risk. :)
Last edited by Pauldusler on Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 12 times in total.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Re: 3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fi

Post by TimFx7 »

Hi
how are you man. I hope you're in a good mood. I haven't seen forum posts in a while.
I started using your software extensively again after a long break.You've added a lot of new features. you are great thanks again. The driver update feature really made our job easier.
I'll talk about a bug that has existed for a long time. I send the problem as an image file.
Baslksz-1.jpg
gg.JPG
Shadow of the Tomb Raider's settings in these four sections have been reset, please do not reset each update if possible. Almost everything is deleted, except the fix description text and picture.
I back up each game's profile folder myself. I'm actually fixing it later. but I wanted to let you know as a bug.
a.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TimFx7 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Windows 10 Pro x64 (20H2) , i7 6700K 4.7GHz , DDR4 3000MHz 32GB, GTX 1660 Super , PG278Q , 3D Vision 2
My 3D Epic Screenshots I - II and Videos ----- GHOSTING Fix PG278Q ------- HITMAN-2 3D-FIX TOOLBOX
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Damn, just tried to use the driver installation Utility to install the 440.97 Driver in W10 1809 and it did not move on to the 3dvision install stage.
Was working right up until This latest driver.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Necropants wrote:Damn, just tried to use the driver installation Utility to install the 440.97 Driver in W10 1809 and it did not move on to the 3dvision install stage.
Was working right up until This latest driver.
I was installed without problems with the last driver 3dvision.( 440.97 ) Uninstall with DDU in safe mode. install 425 try again if you like.
Windows 10 Pro x64 (20H2) , i7 6700K 4.7GHz , DDR4 3000MHz 32GB, GTX 1660 Super , PG278Q , 3D Vision 2
My 3D Epic Screenshots I - II and Videos ----- GHOSTING Fix PG278Q ------- HITMAN-2 3D-FIX TOOLBOX
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

I did do that as I always do, but thankfully second time of trying it worked ok.
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

3D Fix Manager has stopped many/most games from working in 3D. I've uniinstalled 3D FIx Mananger (for now just trying to get everything working how it was, I've never had any problems), removed and reinstalled the 425 driver but still having serious issues.

The Nvidia Test works so I know 3D Vision works... also it appears that DX9 games /or possibly 32bit games work since Unreal Tournament 2007 comes on in 3D and also Alien Rage which is same U3 engine and DX9.

But all my other games which I have used daily and never had an issue suddenly will not come on in 3D.

Is it possibly somehting is left from 3D FIX Manager that is causing this?

SOLVED**
For anyone having similar issues, it turned out that 3D was off by default when a game started.. I just had to hit the button to cycle it once in the game. Was quite confusing as I've always had it on by default when a game came on for the last 4 years.. and also not sure why it suddenly changed.
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

Good to see the Official 3D Fix Manager Thread return! hope all is going well with you.

I've really started using this software more as it is very easy to use with CM and CM unleashed, and I also use it for swapping eyes for CM mode. But I've run into a problem recently, I had not updated in a while and now am on current version (not sure if an update is related) -- but 3DFM is not finding certain games.

The most important one is Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint. I have it in a Uplay folder path with all my other Uplay games, and all other games are found but this one. I have the path added to settings, but search still doesn't find it. No big deal I thought, I will just add it manually as I have with others - I did so following the steps in your guide (by the way, the guide is amazing..its more organized and professional than most paid software manuals!). But it seems the manual game profile does not recognize the display profile settings I have for eye swapping (reversed line interlacing). Even if I set it up to manually select TV profile when launching the game, it does not use the TV profile settings. So for now I am just playing with glasses upside down, but wondering if this is a bug or if there is a workaround in the 3DFM setup somewhere.

I feel like if the game profile was found and available, the display settings would be used since it works on all other games I have used it with.
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

It is mentioned in the Known Issues section of the OP. If it's still happening anyway, then try downgrading by using the bottom part of this page.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Hi guys,

sorry for the radio silence. I've decided to move 3DFM topic to here as Geforce Forum is not usable any more. Nvidia destroyed pretty everything there with their last update. I've already added a link on helixmod.blogspot.com to redirect support to mtbs3d. I'll also add one on Geforce Forum.

@Tim: Will make that modifier key lower case. Concerning the things which are overwritten on every update this is because I wanted to have some remote controls which forces those settings in any cases. However for your case this seems not ideal. I'll add an option to the fix profile where you can tagg a profile that it shall not be overwritten at all.

@Shift-E: I'll add a profile for Breakdown. Concerning manually adding games this is a inconvinient process I know. There are too many options and it's not clear which are important and which not. Also my mysql database is broken currently so the "Search Steam DB" button does not work. That button collected the most important settings.
greatxerox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by greatxerox »

Hello Paul !

Schwing has just warned me your topic has moved here.

it makes more 10 days i was waiting an answer^^

I'd like to know if i can continue FR translation on https://github.com/Pauldusler/3D-Fix-Ma ... es_FR.xaml

i need to know if you updated the file to the last version in order i continue to work on it :)

Thank you my friend !
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

greatxerox wrote:Hello Paul !

Schwing has just warned me your topic has moved here.

it makes more 10 days i was waiting an answer^^

I'd like to know if i can continue FR translation on https://github.com/Pauldusler/3D-Fix-Ma ... es_FR.xaml

i need to know if you updated the file to the last version in order i continue to work on it :)

Thank you my friend !

Hi greatxerox!

Sorry for the late response and the radio silence. I was absent in Geforce Forum for a while (I'll leave a note there that the 3DFM discussion is continued here on MTBS3D).
Again thx for doing the translation! Looking forward to the next French update. I've just updated the files on Github. So you have green light :).

Merci beaucoup mon ami.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Someone just reported the following issue regarding 3DFM on my Borderlands 3 blog post:
camraid wrote:Hello, I have updated the fix using the '3d fix manager'.. The most recent update has broken the crosshair for me. It's permanently at screen depth, not active or at a usable depth.
followed by...
camraid wrote:It appears that the 3d fix manager is not copying the files to the borderland3 win64 directory... I copied the files manually, and used the manager too. Now it's working.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

DJ-RK wrote:Someone just reported the following issue regarding 3DFM on my Borderlands 3 blog post:
camraid wrote:Hello, I have updated the fix using the '3d fix manager'.. The most recent update has broken the crosshair for me. It's permanently at screen depth, not active or at a usable depth.
followed by...
camraid wrote:It appears that the 3d fix manager is not copying the files to the borderland3 win64 directory... I copied the files manually, and used the manager too. Now it's working.
Thx for reporting. There's a wrong relative install path in the fix profile of Borderlands 3 (OakGame\Binaries\Win64). Correct one is probably Borderlands3\OakGame\Binaries\Win64.
pabuscoco
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pabuscoco »

Hi guys,

im struggling with the Installation of the latest nvidia Driver. I heard when you open 3D Fix Manager it informs you there is a nvidia Driver update available but i dont get that notification and cant update. "Check for Driver updates at startup" is enabled.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

pabuscoco wrote:Hi guys,

im struggling with the Installation of the latest nvidia Driver. I heard when you open 3D Fix Manager it informs you there is a nvidia Driver update available but i dont get that notification and cant update. "Check for Driver updates at startup" is enabled.
I just tested the 1.74 version of 3D Fix Manager (not HelixVision), and it worked OK. Offered to update from 425.31 to 441.12.

You'll need to provide more information on your setup.
pabuscoco
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pabuscoco »

bo3bber wrote:

I just tested the 1.74 version of 3D Fix Manager (not HelixVision), and it worked OK. Offered to update from 425.31 to 441.12.

Deleted the old nvidia Driver via DUU, installed the 425.31 Driver and open 3D Fix Driver 1,74 (no notification of an update). Am i missing something?

Windows 10 1903 installed. Do you have to know something specific about the Setup?

Thanks for you help.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

pabuscoco wrote:
bo3bber wrote:

Deleted the old nvidia Driver via DUU, installed the 425.31 Driver and open 3D Fix Driver 1,74 (no notification of an update). Am i missing something?

Windows 10 1903 installed. Do you have to know something specific about the Setup?

Thanks for you help.

Hi,

I've generally disabled driver update notification on 1903 as updating the driver beyond 425.31 seemed too destructive. With Schwing's solution we finally got a working fix for 1903. So I'll re-allow the update-mechanism for 1903 users in next version of 3DFM but show a warning message that further manual steps (Schwing's fix) are required to make 3D Vision work correctly again.

As a workaround for now you can use 3DFM 1.73 or update the Geforce driver manually by just running the ordinary Geforce driver setup. 3DFM 1.74 still checks on Windows 1903 if the 3D Vision driver is installed whenever you try to enable 3D with the app. Missing drivers are installed automatically then.
pabuscoco
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pabuscoco »

Pauldusler wrote:

Thanks for you help.

Hi,

I've generally disabled driver update notification on 1903 as updating the driver beyond 425.31 seemed too destructive. With Schwing's solution we finally got a working fix for 1903. So I'll re-allow the update-mechanism for 1903 users in next version of 3DFM but show a warning message that further manual steps (Schwing's fix) are required to make 3D Vision work correctly again.

As a workaround for now you can use 3DFM 1.73 or update the Geforce driver manually by just running the ordinary Geforce driver setup. 3DFM 1.74 still checks on Windows 1903 if the 3D Vision driver is installed whenever you try to enable 3D with the app. Missing drivers are installed automatically then.
[/quote]

Thanks for your Feedback.

I thought you have to install the Geforce Driver through the 3d fix Manager because if i try to install it manually by running the ordinary Geforce Driver Setup and then try to enable 3d with 3d fix Manager, I get an error after the 3D Installation: "3D Vision and Graphics Driver Version are incompatible"
Arni1984
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Arni1984 »

Hi. I faced desync frames in 3D with the all Nvidia drivers after 425.31
Turning vertical sync does not corrects this situation. 3D Fix 1.7.2 Return to the 425.31 driver fixes the problem.

It happens with all the games that I'd tried. I didn't have any problem two weeks ago. The problem began when I installed a new NVIDIA Driver two weeks ago. I tried different Drivers NVIDIA, and several 3D Fix versions. Nothing changes. The problem disappears only with the installation of the latest official driver 425.31
Spec: I7 7700K GTX 1080TI 16Gb Sony HMZ T-3, VALVE INDEX

I've always used the HMZ T-3.
I tried different display settings. I set Riva Tuner... But the problem hasn't been solved yet
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

pabuscoco wrote: Thanks for your Feedback.

I thought you have to install the Geforce Driver through the 3d fix Manager because if i try to install it manually by running the ordinary Geforce Driver Setup and then try to enable 3d with 3d fix Manager, I get an error after the 3D Installation: "3D Vision and Graphics Driver Version are incompatible"
I finally tested the combination of Win 1903 and latest DCH Geforce drivers (or any > 425.31). After installing 3D Vision through 3DFM a failure message appeared that 3D Vision is not compatible to the driver version (like you already reported). The reason seems to be that 3DFM installs the non-DCH 3D Vision driver which is not compatible to the DCH Geforce driver. Then I checked the 3D Vision setup files included in Geforce DCH driver 425.31. Unfortunately it does not offer the same setup.exe like the non-DCH version. There's only another non-setup wizard file in DCH version which expects some command line parameters. I wasn't able to install 3D Vision with this. I investigated which parameters are passed to the exe via process monitor while installing 425.31 DCH driver. But even if I run it with the same parameters like Nvidia does the 3D Vision driver is still not installed. No error message - no success message appears. Obviously the reason why there is still no workaround for the DCH version. Maybe Schwing can do some magic too here ;-).
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

The 441.20 Standard and DCH installer exes having different file sizes leads me to believe that the Standard and DCH versions of the 3DV driver might be fundamentally different. I'll have a look when I get a chance.

Edit: see below
Last edited by schwing on Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

Here's a few files and steps for testing DCH support for 3DFM:
  • Used DDU with my internet disconnected and restarted the machine
  • Install a DCH driver
  • Create the "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA" folder if it's missing, and copy Resource.dat to it
    • This prevents 3DFM from failing to enable stereo after install
  • Run the two .reg files that restore missing stereo registry keys and values
    • Stereo3D restores the ability to get more than 3DV Discover and save nvidia control panel changes
    • Note that you'll inherit my stereo settings and possibly display-related settings by using these
  • Copy Losti bat file to "C:\Program Files (x86)\3D Fix Manager\Drivers\StereoscopicDriver\Win10\NV3DVision"
  • Copy rcedit.exe from "C:\Program Files (x86)\3D Fix Manager\Tools\RcEdit\" to the same "NV3DVision" folder
  • Modify Losti.bat in a text editor like Notepad++ where you hit CTRL+H to replace 4.4120 with whatever version you installed
  • Run Losti.bat normally (not as admin) to set the files' versions as the bat says
    • This is a snippet from the Losti method
    • It is preferable for rcedit to be run silently
  • Use 3DFM to install 3DV (I believe "quick setup" not appearing is because of Stereo3DPersistent.reg)
  • I installed an EDID override and followed the Win 10 1903+ guide to get stereo output again for my 3DTV
  • To have the nvidia control panel app automatically download, reconnect to the internet and wait.
    • Thankfully doesn't require a Microsoft Store login.
    • You're only notified of the download completing if you have taskbar notifications turned on and working.
  • Apps start up more slowly (especially Google Chrome) while stereo is enabled (i.e. from 3DFM)
Edit:

As for detecting whether the installed gfx driver is DCH or not, I think your best bet is whether Resource.dat exists.

Edit (2019-12-12):

I installed 441.66 DCH and the app startup slowdown still exists.

Edit (2020-02-11):

Tested 442.19 and it's the same issue. The files are still the same; just replace the 4.4120 with the driver version like usual.
Last edited by schwing on Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 11 times in total.
MoodyMan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MoodyMan »

Hello,

I've got a general question about the 3D Fix Manager - I hope that's fine.
I am planning to buy a RTX Super in the next days. Unfortunately, these only work with the newest driver from Nvidia.
As a result 3D Vision is not working with the RTX super cards.
I am not that much interested in playing 3D games but in watching frame packed 3D blurays.
Does the 3D Fix Manager also make it possible to watch 3D MVC files with the RTX super cards?
At the moment I am using a GTX 1050 Ti with an old driver so 3D MVC files are working fine :).

Thanks for your help!
ekze
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ekze »

3D Vision works for me on latest drivers (441.20) but with 1070ti.
the_jaguar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by the_jaguar »

MoodyMan wrote:Hello,

I've got a general question about the 3D Fix Manager - I hope that's fine.
I am planning to buy a RTX Super in the next days. Unfortunately, these only work with the newest driver from Nvidia.
As a result 3D Vision is not working with the RTX super cards.
I am not that much interested in playing 3D games but in watching frame packed 3D blurays.
Does the 3D Fix Manager also make it possible to watch 3D MVC files with the RTX super cards?
At the moment I am using a GTX 1050 Ti with an old driver so 3D MVC files are working fine :).

Thanks for your help!
I too have the same question - does this fix enable 3D MVC? The last driver that supported 3D MVC was 425.xx, so many of us 3D movie fans have been stuck on that version. I have a 1070Ti card that I would love to upgrade to the latest driver if there is confirmation that 3D MVC will work.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Hi Markus
I found an annoying bug. 3dfixmanager settings : "Check for program updates at startup. - fix updates when the application is started"
this option is unchecked. but still announces fix updates and As you can see in the video, https://youtu.be/CabOCOFlcJ0

even if I don't give any confirmation, it updates 3D Fix Description page from internet. I personalize the Description page of many games. 3dfix manager should not update these pages without permission from us. If I delete the address in 3dfx manager blogger API, I get rid of the update issue. but we cannot be aware of updates in this way. ;)
Pure Mana Supreme
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Pure Mana Supreme »

Trying to sort out why TimFX7's SOTTR fix isn't working I figured I would rule out the display driver (436.02) and so I updated to 441.41 through 3D Fix Manager and made the mistake of selecting "quick setup" for 3D Vision and now 3D Vision refuses to actually work (Nvidia test image is 2D). How do I fix this short of having to clean install a different display driver? Really not happy with how buggy this is.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Pure Mana Supreme wrote:Trying to sort out why TimFX7's SOTTR fix isn't working I figured I would rule out the display driver (436.02) and so I updated to 441.41 through 3D Fix Manager and made the mistake of selecting "quick setup" for 3D Vision and now 3D Vision refuses to actually work (Nvidia test image is 2D). How do I fix this short of having to clean install a different display driver? Really not happy with how buggy this is.
I'm not sure the broken test image is because of the driver itself. I've had ongoing problems with it, even on 425.31. It will start OK after a clean DDU, then shortly after will stop working, like it breaks after I disable and enable 3D or something. It always works fine in red/blue mode, but no longer works in 3D Vision mode. Has no impact on my ability to actually see 3D however.

BTW, that test image is built using DX8, so might be broken somehow by the OS, not the driver.

In any case, don't use the stereo test as your metric, it's broken nowadays.
greatxerox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by greatxerox »

Hello paul !
For the next update, you should add this link^^

could you update the Github site for translations please ? i'm going to work on it, it's better when you just updated your release.
greatxerox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by greatxerox »

paul ?
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

greatxerox wrote:paul ?
sorry for the absence the last weeks / months. I've started a new job a few months ago - since then support for 3D Fix Manager suffered due to this :(.

However I plan to work on 3D Fix Manager during Christmas Holiday (which started today). So actually I should be already working instead of wasting time with Steam sale xD.

Something which I didn't expect is that user numbers of 3D Fix Manager increased significantly since the last 3 months. Typically 120 users start / use the application each day - now there are 170 users. Overall there are roughly 1700-1800 people who use 3DFM each month.
A possible reason for this might be that people need 3DFM for installing / restoring 3D driver compatibility?! Conclusion for me is that as demand rises I should definitely invest more time in developing more updates.

@GreatXerox: I updated the language files on Github - you have green light to continue the translation :).
ToThePoint
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ToThePoint »

Count me as one of them. Updated without any issue to the latest driver via 3DFM on Win8.1. Everything works fine so far. 3DFM is the gift that just keeps on giving. Great stuff.
Intel Core i7 6850k @ 3.6 Ghz (Liquid Cooled: Corsair Hydro H115i), 2x GTX 1080 Ti, HB SLI @ x16x16 (Air Cooled), GTX 1060 Dedicated PhysX, 32Gb RAM Kingston Predator
Asus X-99 Deluxe II Motherboard, Corsair Obsidian 1000D Super Tower, Win7 Pro (442.19), Win8.1 (441.66), Ubuntu, Rog Swift PG27VQ 3D (1440p), HTC Vive
greatxerox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by greatxerox »

Pauldusler wrote:
@GreatXerox: I updated the language files on Github - you have green light to continue the translation :).

thank you Paul but are you sure ??? nothing changed since november 3rd

Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

greatxerox wrote:
Pauldusler wrote:

thank you Paul but are you sure ??? nothing changed since november 3rd

That's correct. 3DFM is still on the same level as the the last update in October 2019 :(.
VR-Punk
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by VR-Punk »

Hi,

in my 3d fix manager installation 1.74 under application settings is no option for Virtual Reality ?

I have nvidia 411.20, steamvr 1.9.15 and a valve index
VR-Punk
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by VR-Punk »

solved: i bought helixvision
asktoby
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by asktoby »

Hi, I only found out today that NVidia turned off 3D Vision in latest drivers. But then I found this tool which brings them back I think? :)
I have a 3D Vision monitor.
I'm trying to run Half Life 2 Episode 2.
I'm running NVidia driver 441.12 and 3DFixManager 1.74.
The game launches and my monitor goes into 3D mode (the little green 3D indicator LED comes on and I can detect some flicker).
However, the game only displays 2D. If I use CTRL-F3 to CTRL-F6 to adjust the convergence then I can see things slightly moving onscreen, but it looks like both "eyes" of my monitor are displaying the same image, instead of two alternating viewpoints. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcM0B7mNNfY
Also, there doesn't seem to be any entry in the database for Half Life Episode 2, only an entry called "Half Life 2: Update".

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

And thank you for a very professional looking tool btw.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Hi paul
i found a bug. I don't know if anyone is experiencing this. but occasionally I get this error. The solution I mentioned below works. (Asus PG278Q)

If we want to play with g sync when we press play 2D button, the settings should be like the picture below.
Başlıksız-3.jpg
but if I set my 2D options like this. When you switch to 3D, errors may occur in some games. Some games start at 144hz when 3D starts. The 3D effect is brokening ... ( example : jedi fallen order)
Başlıksız-1.jpg
These value must be changed when switching to 3D on gsync supported monitors. This error usually happens when you enter the 3D game, after playing the gsync full screen game.this is actually a driver error. When switching to 3D mode, it needs to change automatically. (If you turn off the gsync feature from the nvidia panel before you switch to 3d, then this value becomes what it should be.)

therefore, When you press the play 3D button, these value need to be corrected for a more consistent experience. if g sync is turned on on the monitor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TimFx7 on Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:10 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Herr_Duk
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Herr_Duk »

Hello. Faced a problem when using 3D Fix Manager. A month ago, I had to return to driver version 425.31 for passing Borderlands 3. Today I installed 3D Fix Manager again and it doesn’t offer me to update the drivers and manually install the 3d driver and controller. Prior to this, 3D Fix Manager offered to upgrade to version 430, installed the controller and driver, and everything worked in 3d. Now, if I manually install the 430 or 436 3D driver, Fix Manager offers to install the controller and the 3d driver, puts them during the installation, shows the working logo in 3d nvidia, but then all the offers are launched in 2d. I would be grateful for any advice.
greatxerox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by greatxerox »

Paul, i spent hours and hours of FR translation, 80% is done :p

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”