Skyrim SE

mistersvin21
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Skyrim SE

Post by mistersvin21 »

masterotaku wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:05 am
mistersvin21 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:51 am it seems AE patch broke the fix, for example the screen goes fully yellow when firing from firestaff
I don't see this problem. Mod gone wrong, maybe? I put one staff like that in my inventory, threw some balls, and it's OK.

Anyway, I took this chance to begin some fix improvements, like real depth for volumetric lighting, fixed radial blur, and maybe more things. I'll try to make the fix more polished than before.
not only firing from staff but fire/light effects themselves can cause the issue, at can be not so obvious at once. I have unistalled all the mods, the game, and began building from the scratch on AE build, so no, not the mods causing this, when I unistall the fix - everything is fine. BTW, I've been reinstalling my 200 mods for two days and it seems the only mod i noticed not working properly is SKYUI (items won't appear visually)
Thank you, masterotaku, if u could have a look at this
Last edited by mistersvin21 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mistersvin21
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by mistersvin21 »

Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Wow masterotaku, very exiting news, I just hope it'll be compatible with SE as well, I'm not sure that I'll care much about AE, the "improvements" is literally nothing compared to a full modded SE !

The loading times has increased with a game that has a wooping 180 GB data dir., but with a fast SSD it's actually not that bad :)

Edit: @Mistersvin
All mods dependending on SKSE is currently broken, like Skyui, I have at least 20 mods that will break if I update !
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:02 pm Wow masterotaku, very exiting news, I just hope it'll be compatible with SE as well, I'm not sure that I'll care much about AE, the "improvements" is literally nothing compared to a full modded SE !
It's the same game as it was. But with added content. Shaders are the same as they always were. I'm just improving some things about the fix, and it will work the same for people that kept the old version somewhere.
Blacksmith60 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:02 pmAll mods dependending on SKSE is currently broken, like Skyui, I have at least 20 mods that will break if I update !
There's a build of SKSE: https://skse.silverlock.org/
Where it says "Preliminary AE build" (at this time).
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Awesome - can't wait to try the improved fix, I have to admit it, I really can't let Skyrim go, and actually started another playthrough just yesterday :D

Yes the new SKSE is in Alpha now, but just as important - the old SKSE dependant mods also needs an update, and that might or might not happen :/
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Update coming soon, with:
- Fully fixed screen space reflections.
- Real fix for volumetric lighting.
- Smoother dynamic crosshair.
- Stereoized specular reflections. All of them, not just water.
- Radial blur fixed.
- Water fixes reduced to a few regexes (and fixed in a different way), instead of keeping track of about 20 shaders.
Last edited by masterotaku on Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

WOW - The ultimate definitive Masterotaku Edition - Talos be with you my friend :)
A donation is incomming !

For anyone who is to lazy to spend weeks on modding Skyrims textures, Skyland AIO package has also been revisited lately, it covers nearly every thing, and the new textures are awesome, I really can't recommend it enough... https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... ?tab=files
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:21 am WOW - The ultimate definitive Masterotaku Edition - Talos be with you my friend :)
A donation is incomming !

For anyone who is to lazy to spend weeks on modding Skyrims textures, Skyland AIO package has also been revisited lately, it covers nearly every thing, and the new textures are awesome, I really can't recommend it enough... https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... ?tab=files
Thank you! The updated fix is pretty much done, but I want to try (and fix if necessary) a parallax occlusion mapping mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... escription), but it depends on other mods that depend on other mods :p. So I'm going to reinstall the game to start clean (my installed mods are from 2017 and 2018).

I'll remove the option of changing specular reflections to surface depth, because I need my code the way it is to work correctly alongside fixed water. So they will be realistic, mandatory. It's better this way in combination with screen space reflections anyway.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

I have been on and of with parallax several times :)

The thing is - if used with Enb parallax there's no issues (appart from we can't use Enb:) , but if you use the Parallax shader fix https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/31963 there is some mesh conflicts with interior lighting mods and mods that applies snow shaders on surfaces !!
That's the reasons why I don't use parallax atm, which btw doesn't have any visual issues with 3D...

You said "but it depends on other mods that depend on other mods :p" , no it doesn't have any other requirements than the before mentioned Parallax shader fix, I think you got something wrong there :)
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

I have to wait for that "SSE Parallax Shader Fix (BETA)" mod to be updated. Right now it works with game version 1.6.318 (mod updated on 2021-10-20), but two days after that game version 1.6.323 was released. It gives an error because of this, and if I ignore it, parallax doesn't work properly (wrong orientation towards the camera).

ENB also works for that, but I can't get ENB to work alongside the fix.

So as I said, I'll have to wait at least a few days and hope that the mod will be updated. Until I get the proper orientation for parallax by the game, I can't know if the fix I apply is correct or not.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

In the meantime, I made some optional improvements to screen space reflections.

Default: https://u.cubeupload.com/masterotaku/SkyrimSE013.jpg
Improved: https://u.cubeupload.com/masterotaku/SkyrimSE015.jpg

By default the game takes 16 samples. I modified the code so it can optionally take 32 (it fixes some hotizontal gaps in reflections). And with another option, I unlocked the amount of geometry that is reflected vertically (this needs the previous toggle to really work).

I didn't see any performance difference.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Stunning result, what a teaser, thanks Master !

The horizontal gaps is quite obvious, though I've never "seen" them before :)
NeIVIeSiS
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NeIVIeSiS »

Wonderful news!
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

I have updated - and downgraded again, there's far too much hassle involved in AE / the new SKSE, and it's simply not worth it ATM...

@masterotaku, I'm not so sure that the Parallax Fix is getting updated any time soon, and tbh I don't think it's worth the wait either.

As you might know, there's NO working terrain parallax without Enb, and the available P textures is not what I'm looking for (appart from Wizkid's), so I hope that you'll consider releasing the update WHEN you're sattisfied - appart from the parallax thing ;)
Great textures with well made normal maps, looks Imo far better than bland textures with parallax :)
NeIVIeSiS
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NeIVIeSiS »

My two cents is to make the fix work with ENB if possible. Just about any modded Skyrim guide, from Lexy's LOTD to all the Wabajack guides....use ENB to control a number of things: from weathers to light reflections on spells and candles. Parallax is not a big deal, but compatibility with ENB would definitely be ideal. In past versions, ENB was able to work side-by-side with 3D fixes for Skyrim.

I noticed the FO4 fix still works with ENB for example.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Wild idea, but maybe I can try modifying the parallax shaders myself. Inspecting the contents of the mod, I see shaders in the exact same HLSL style that 3Dmigoto uses. I suspect the mod does a shader replacement not too different from what 3Dmigoto does. Unless the dll file of the mod gets new data that I can't get by natural means, maybe I can apply the parallax position fix myself.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

The experiment worked. I was able to use some code from the mod (very slightly tweaked) to make parallax behave correctly in 2D. In one shader for the moment.
However, stereoizing parallax seems pretty hard! I still haven't found the perfect formula (it doesn't need the same as specular reflections, sadly).

I'll keep trying, but I also have to do some Vulkan things these days that need newer drivers. I'll keep you informed.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

To not keep you waiting forever, here's the latest update: https://s3.amazonaws.com/masterotaku/Sk ... arallax.7z

No parallax adjustments whatsoever there.

That link isn't on the blog yet. By default all SSR improvements are enabled. If you don't like them, change the default x4 and y4 values in d3dx.ini to 0 and 1 respectively (or use F6 and shift+F6 for each thing).
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Thanks a ton - Master :)

Looks awesome, but some issues with water in a nearly vanilla game though, see the pictures.
Mods active: Tamriel Masterlight (exterior) and Obsidian Weathers

SkyrimSE062_050.jpg
SkyrimSE061_050.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:15 am Looks awesome, but some issues with water in a nearly vanilla game though, see the pictures.
Screen space reflections working as intended. Not a bug. When things in the foreground are blocking the view of things in the background, SSR don't know what to do so they reflect nothing. That's why you see "silhouettes".
If it's too much for you, you know what to do: change my screen space reflections settings as I said before :p.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

It get's slightly better with default SSR settings, but still take a look a the pics, last one with default SSR settings, notice the reflections on the left side of the npc, is that "normal" ?

Please don't tell me I just can turn SSR completely off, that looks dreadfull ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Blacksmith60 on Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:55 pm It get's slightly better with default SSR settings, but still take a look a the pics, last one with default setting, notice the reflections on the left side of the npc, is that "normal" ?
Yes, it's normal. SSR can't know what's behind objects.
Edit: if the game had used planar reflections (the standard old school reflections that render the game from another point of view), that problem wouldn't happen. Or... RTX :p.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Yeah without SSR there's just the fake reflection, which (after I've seen SSR on) looks very unimmersive and boring :)

But you say nothing can't be done about it, it's rather distracting...

Edit: But I don't see anything that should block that, it's the light that shines under / through the bridge gap that renders in the wrong depht.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:05 pm Edit: But I don't see anything that should block that, it's the light that shines under / through the bridge gap that renders in the wrong depht.
Take a look at this:

In red, at the top, is the shape of the interfering geometry. The SSR shader knows that geometry is closer than the water itself, so it decides to not reflect it (it wouldn't make sense to see that inside water, right?).
As a consequence, the red part below would be the shape of the missing geometry SSR can't see behind the interfering geometry.
And the part inside my blue drawing must be an area the SSR shader decides not to reflect because there's already missing geometry above it. Imagine seeing dark trees reflected under that missing shape caused by the building. It would look worse.

The way SSR works is flawed. But faster than reflecting lots of complex geometry and effects. That's why they used it so much since... 2013-2014?
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Sorry Master I see what you mean, and why it's out of your hands, I guess expectations where just a little to high for a 10 year old game :)
mistersvin21
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by mistersvin21 »

Thank you, masterotaku !!!
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

The parallax mod was updated, and the new shaders it produces look the same as I was doing manually. Stereoizing this is harder than I expected. I read that parallax works in "tangent space", and right now I have no idea how/where to apply stereoization. Definitely different than specular reflections. I'll have to keep investigating or give up and update the blog post.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Sounds like a difficult task, I'll claim that parallax is useable/visible without a fix but maybe a little too subtle, do you think that stereorizing it can make it too strong with high convergence ?

Anyway exiting, thanks for the update :)
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

New fix coming soon:

- No fix for parallax. For the life of me I can't figure out how to stereoize it properly.
- In a similar way, a few specular reflections have to remain at surface depth.
- Good new however! I've fixed something that some of you complained about in the past and that I thought was impossible to fix: ambient occlusion.
- I've also fixed the third person dynamic crosshair and arrow prediction line from this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/41252

I'm giving AO some finishing touches. I think I'll be ready in a day or two, for the blog.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

The fix is up, with the same link as always: https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2016/11/t ... ecial.html

Sad that I couldn't fix parallax properly. Maybe in 2 years I'll get new ideas :p.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

AWESOME fix masterotaku, and now we can enjoy ambient occlusion that's great, I also enjoy the specular reflections, it looks stunning particular on smaller stuff, you really have improved your skills :)
Now I'll sunk another 100 hours or more in Skyrim (my whife thinks I'm crazy:)

Highly appreciated, THANKS !!
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

I'm sorry masterotaku, but the latest fix introduces some noise on screenedges, with removed fix it's gone...
SkyrimSE089_050.jpg
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:44 pm I'm sorry masterotaku, but the latest fix introduces some noise on screenedges, with removed fix it's gone...
Side effect of fixing ambient occlusion. The last pixel of what's pushed to depth stretches to the sides to cover the unexpected area.

It's either that, or abruptly cutting the ambient occlusion at the sides depending on the eye. I tried making code for this in a few minutes now and it works. The areas at those sides just don't have ambient occlusion.

Do you prefer this? I think it's especially less noticeable in movement than what it currently does, at least in areas with a lot of grass.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Oh yes that looks much better, please upload it - Thanks :)
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:57 am Oh yes that looks much better, please upload it - Thanks :)
Done! Redownload the fix. It should have the "24160c2da509884f-ps_replace.txt" file with an updated date of today.

This ambient occlusion cutting is separation dependant, and only cuts whatever is outside the original 2D frustum (left side for the right eye, right side for the left eye). Better calculated than in the screenshot I posted yesterday.

It's good to be picky with fixes, Blacksmith60. It can give me ideas and lead towards a better fix :).
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Thanks again, now you won't notice it if not looking after it, so thats GREAT !

I have a hard time being picky, because I really don't won't to bother you with nitpicking stuff, but I'm glad you see it that way :)
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

WOW :woot :woot :woot

Just realized how beautiful icecaves can look with properly stereorized Screen space reflections !!!

Notice the rock placed in depht under the thick icelayer, just awesome...
SkyrimSE126_050.jpg
SkyrimSE125_050.jpg
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Fix updated with TAA fixed. Same link as always inside the post: https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2016/11/t ... ecial.html

It is blurry, exactly as it is in 2D. But now it isn't wrong in 3D :).
kakashisensei
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kakashisensei »

Hey guys. I got the 3d fix to work with enb (rudy enb for my case). I posted the method here. I had to proxy using enb v341 dll, not the other way around.
viewtopic.php?t=26118

To me, it looks acceptable, not 100% but good enough for me. But I haven't really tested it. Only ran around Riverwood. Maybe you guys have a keen eye and can see issues.

But the problem for me is that because I have to use the FO4 fix dlls, I can't get 3dvision2sbs to work. It works if I use the dlls from the latest skyrim se 3dfix, but game crashes at launch. Need to have sbs or top/bottom. Anyone have any idea on that?
NeIVIeSiS
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NeIVIeSiS »

kakashisensei wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:25 am Hey guys. I got the 3d fix to work with enb (rudy enb for my case). I posted the method here. I had to proxy using enb v341 dll, not the other way around.
viewtopic.php?t=26118

To me, it looks acceptable, not 100% but good enough for me. But I haven't really tested it. Only ran around Riverwood. Maybe you guys have a keen eye and can see issues.

But the problem for me is that because I have to use the FO4 fix dlls, I can't get 3dvision2sbs to work. It works if I use the dlls from the latest skyrim se 3dfix, but game crashes at launch. Need to have sbs or top/bottom. Anyone have any idea on that?
Oh wow, I can't wait to try it!

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”